Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 279

Thread: Injects/Clomid/IUI

  1. #91

    Default

    M--
    Sounds FANTASTIC! It's a DEAL!
    S

  2. #92

    Default

    I am sooooooooo upset. The blod test did't show I am pregnant. My HCG level was too low. and worst of all my AF showed up today. :-( I hope next time will be positive.
    All those symptoms were in my head only. I am soooo willing to be prg that my body made up all these symptoms to make me think I was.
    Anyway, I'll try again this month.(2nd time) again with clomid 100. I hope it is successful this time.
    Baby dust to all of you

  3. Default

    I'm sorry :-(

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The land of the mitten
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    I don't get to do an IUI this cycle because I have a 3cm cyst on my ovary. Since I have only one ovary they really don't want me to be on meds this cycle. I can try on my own but I don't have much hope for that since I don't always ovulate when not on meds.


  5. Default

    I don't get to do an IUI this cycle because I have a 3cm cyst on my ovary. Since I have only one ovary they really don't want me to be on meds this cycle. I can try on my own but I don't have much hope for that since I don't always ovulate when not on meds.

    I know how much it means to you to get pregnant but you can't get pregnant if you can't live. I'm so sorry you have had such a tragic experience with this. I am hoping for the best for you but please be patient and be careful. The cyst will go away and then you can do the meds again and another IUI treatment. You and I are the same age and the specialist said I was still very young so keep your chin up.

    For me, my DH and I had a HUGE fight and I didn't talk to him for 4 days (after taking a very expensive dose of Femara). He finally came around and apologized for his hateful words and that night I ovulated. I took 2 ovulation tests that were positive and I had the egg white CM. When we were done, he said "yep, I think that did it". That was wierd. Then today he said he just knew he got the job done...isn't that what the women usually say? I'll try not to get my hopes up but as you all know very well how hard that is.

  6. Default

    First paragraph is a quote that went bad lol

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marandakay View Post

    For me, my DH and I had a HUGE fight and I didn't talk to him for 4 days (after taking a very expensive dose of Femara). He finally came around and apologized for his hateful words and that night I ovulated. I took 2 ovulation tests that were positive and I had the egg white CM. When we were done, he said "yep, I think that did it". That was wierd. Then today he said he just knew he got the job done...isn't that what the women usually say? I'll try not to get my hopes up but as you all know very well how hard that is.

    I hope this is it for you. I'm sorry to hear about your fight but hopefully the making up will bring something wonderful. GL.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    My body's response to Clomid was good! I had one follie at 19.7 and the other not too far behind. Had my IUI done on Wednesday!

    Liam



  9. Default

    Thanks Sharon :-)

    GL on your IUI on Wednesday Sarah *babydust*!

  10. Default

    I read this after doing another hours on end session of research (you don't want to know what prompted this new search!) and it was the only thing that made me feel really good. It made me feel that I'm not alone and it made me laugh out loud (another sign of craziness perhaps??).

    Silly Habits We Have in the Two Week Wait!

    Okay, I know you all have at least ONE strange/silly habit in the two week wait! Here are some of mine and others I've heard of from friends TTC. PLEASE HELP ME add to this list. Email me at elle@twoweekwait.com with yours and I'll add it to this page. (It feels good to get it out in the open and know that you're not alone!)

    "LAUNDRY LIST" OF CONFESSED HABITS IN THE 2WW!!!

    - I gave my follicles "pep talks" in the car on the way to work. I promised to buy them ponies if they would just fertilize. (I lied)

    - I gave DH's sperm "pep talks" just before BD. I told them they wouldn't have a curfew if they would just penetrate one of the follicles. (I lied)

    - I keep a bottle of baby powder next to my pre-natal vitamins. Every morning when I take a vitamin, I take a whiff from my baby powder. I thought it might give me the same effect as that old adage about "smelling a baby."

    - I also washed my hair with baby shampoo and used a baby soap and lotion every day. I'm crazy, but hey - something worked!

    - I have a BUNCH of good luck charms sitting next to my bed; a doll baby, a plastic stork, and one of those worry dolls that you're supposed to shake when you're feeling upset (which I did). They're all sitting on a plate that belonged to me when I was a baby.

    - I make sure to sit up straight at all times. I get freaked that if I slouch while sitting, I might smush my fallopian tube, ovaries, and uterus... therefore causing conception not to take place.

    - In the 2ww, when I'm grocery shopping I just *have* to go down the HPT aisle even though I know I'm not going to buy any! I also go to the magazine section to scan for pregnancy magazines even though I know I won't buy one.

    - I won't lift anything in the 2ww heavier than a gallon of milk for fear that the baby will unplant itself and cause a early miscarriage.

    - I won't cancel my gyn appt. even though it is scheduled two days after AF is due in July -- what if I get a BFP and need to see her anyways?!?!

    - When I do kitty litter duty, I tie a shirt or one of DH's socks around my mouth and nose to make sure I don't breathe in anything that could harm the baby.

    - I won't wear my tight jeans, though they make my butt look sooo good.

    - I keep babydust from BabyHopes.com in each of my lamp drawers on our nightstands.

    - I make DH mow the lawn during my luteal phase, as the vibrations might dizzy his little soldiers, who are trying so diligently to penetrate the egg.

    - I don't allow myself to "view" or "come in contact with" a tampon. If I do, that would likely mean af is on her way. I keep them tucked away in a dark, dark area of the house, hoping I won't have to see them for another 10 months or so....

    - In the tww, I won't do any type of exercise that requires jumping or abdominal work. I'm worried that it will keep it from implanting, or if it implants, it might knock it loose.

    - I won't let my dogs sit on my stomach like they like to do. I don't want any pressure on my lower abdomen. I can't really think of anything else I do. I'm sure there is some unconscious stuff, though.

    - I won't have an orgasm during the 2WW because I think it might push the egg out. As a result I rarely have orgasms anymore because the most we do it is during my fertile window, so I've basically screwed myself (no pun intended) out of enjoying sex. From now on, I'm going to just get my freak on because abstaining certainly hasn't helped.

    - I make DH do the cat litter during 2ww!

    - Sometimes when i go to bed I put my hands on my tummy area just in case it might encourage any implanation/faster swimming etc my theory is they are making it warm and its important to have a warm uterus etc.. (read that somewhere)

    - I still let my cats sit on me though for the same reason, they are a bit lighter than a dog mind!! Maybe their purring will encourage the little swimmers to swim longer/faster and meet and fertilize the egg?

    - Same thing about the dog in my lap (and my poor doggie looks at me utterly confused) Sorry pooch, mommy's a lunatic!

    - I hold my breath when pumping gas in the two week wait

    - I won't sleep on my stomach in the 2ww

    - No sex in the 2ww!!! (DH loves that one)

    - I do orgasm... that's too natural of a thing for me to be afraid it might upset implantation. And i can't go without it. No way. No how.

    - I am out of tampons but I refused to buy them because I didn't want to encourage AF.

    - I rub my belly in the shower, and sometimes, talk to it hoping to encourage implantation/growth!

    - DH hugs me and I think my boobs are tender, so until AF shows I am constantly grabbing and poking them to see if they really are tender.

    - I think I'm peeing lots more than normal, so I keep drinking liquids to see if I’ll wee more often. Do you see the trend in this habit??

    - I am afraid to cough, sneeze, fart or BM in fear that my embryos will get dislodged.

    - I worry that if I don't "talk" to my embryos they will feel unloved and therefore will not stick.

    - I cannot sleep comfortably because most positions I worry will cause my embryos to not implant (i.e., one leg stretched out and the other leg pulled up).

    - I wasn't allowed to say "I think I'm pregnant" - not even after the fourth or fifth + HPT!>> HomePosted on 07 Jul 2007 by twoweekwaitContent



    Works Cited : http://www.twoweekwait.com/web/stories.php?category=19

  11. #101

    Default Clomid Question!

    Clomid question:
    Does anybody know if it's normal to bleed after sex when taking clomid? I've been on it before - once in 2008 and then in late 2009/early 2010. I don't remember it happening any of those times though. We did the deed on Monday night - had spotting the rest of the night and even on Tuesday. Did the deed again on Tuesday and it was pretty bad. Not heavy enough to wear any protection, but plenty! I thought it was weird. My last hyst/lap was on July 30th, so I know it's not from that and the healing process. My hubby thought maybe I was a little "dry". I know clomid can cause that, so that could easily be the problem. Oh, I started clomid on Saturday 10/02/10 (day 3 of cycle). Currently on 100mg. Been on 50 in the past, but doing 100 because we are going to be doing IUI in the next few months. This cycle was more of a practice one - have a few ultra sounds and see where we are at timing-wise. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toad1979 View Post
    Clomid question:
    Does anybody know if it's normal to bleed after sex when taking clomid? I've been on it before - once in 2008 and then in late 2009/early 2010. I don't remember it happening any of those times though. We did the deed on Monday night - had spotting the rest of the night and even on Tuesday. Did the deed again on Tuesday and it was pretty bad. Not heavy enough to wear any protection, but plenty! I thought it was weird. My last hyst/lap was on July 30th, so I know it's not from that and the healing process. My hubby thought maybe I was a little "dry". I know clomid can cause that, so that could easily be the problem. Oh, I started clomid on Saturday 10/02/10 (day 3 of cycle). Currently on 100mg. Been on 50 in the past, but doing 100 because we are going to be doing IUI in the next few months. This cycle was more of a practice one - have a few ultra sounds and see where we are at timing-wise. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!
    I read that if you have a strong O you can bleed. You can also bleed due to rough sex (I dunno what they consider "rough") and cause a small tear especially if you are dry which Chlomid is infamous for. Even though it's TMI I have given myself a strong O and bled for a few days which crushed me because I was freaking out thinking I may have dislodged my poor little eggie...that was what prompted my last research project. Other possible cause is that since it was so close to AF you may have gotten the tail end of that or caused yourself to shed just a little bit more. Do you know if you ovulated? Because if you ovulated on Sunday there is a possibility of implantation bleeding which would be wonderful. The timing is possible but doubtful. Chlomid always made my cycle 5 days later but then again I took mine on day 5. I hope the best for you!

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    MarandaKay - That was hillarious...

    After the shower I analyze my lower belly to see if its "grown"...even though I know you dont start showing for several weeks. sigh

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marandakay View Post
    I read that if you have a strong O you can bleed. You can also bleed due to rough sex (I dunno what they consider "rough") and cause a small tear especially if you are dry which Chlomid is infamous for. Even though it's TMI I have given myself a strong O and bled for a few days which crushed me because I was freaking out thinking I may have dislodged my poor little eggie...that was what prompted my last research project. Other possible cause is that since it was so close to AF you may have gotten the tail end of that or caused yourself to shed just a little bit more. Do you know if you ovulated? Because if you ovulated on Sunday there is a possibility of implantation bleeding which would be wonderful. The timing is possible but doubtful. Chlomid always made my cycle 5 days later but then again I took mine on day 5. I hope the best for you!
    Well I know I haven't ovulated yet. I had an ultra sound on Monday (day 12). Had one really mature egg and a few others that looked good. He said that based on the size, ovulation would happen later this week or over the weekend. I can tell it's getting close because I'm bloated and crampy. I get like that when I'm ovulating while taking clomid. I kind of wonder if maybe it was too rough with a combination of being dry. It's never happened before, plus it had been awhile since we "got together". ;)
    I would absolutely LOVE it if we got pregnant this cycle and didn't have to go through with the IUI. My insurance doesn't cover infertility, so everything from here on out is out of pocket. Plus, I just don't want to do it yet, but more than likely, it's going to happen.
    Now, if only I can stay stress free and not worry and think to much about it!!!!! Is that even possible?!?!?
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  15. Default

    I don't think stress is as much a factor as all the proclaimed doctors (friends) say it is. Stress is only a factor when it is so great it interrupts ovulation...ie...no AF is a sign. If you've ever been so stressed you missed your AF then I would worry about it but if not, forget about it.

  16. Default

    [QUOTE=Toad1979;1057814899]
    I would absolutely LOVE it if we got pregnant this cycle and didn't have to go through with the IUI. My insurance doesn't cover infertility, so everything from here on out is out of pocket. Plus, I just don't want to do it yet, but more than likely, it's going to happen. QUOTE]

    I hope so too, mine will be about $400 because insurance doens't pay for it. I will be looking into another form of insurance to see if they cover it but it wouldn't take affect until January...

  17. #107

    Default

    Hi to all you ladies. I did my second cycle of iui on tuesday 12, and on the third day after the insemination I had some brownish discharge. Could this be implantation bleeding? From that day I have some light breast tenderness on and off. Does this mean I am pregnanat?
    Baby dust. :-)

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Hi to all you ladies. I did my second cycle of iui on tuesday 12, and on the third day after the insemination I had some brownish discharge. Could this be implantation bleeding? From that day I have some light breast tenderness on and off. Does this mean I am pregnanat?
    Baby dust. :-)
    It's possible. Implantation takes place 3-10 days after conception. When implantation happens the fertile egg and the endometrium share blood and some can leak out causing spotting. Tender breasts is a much better sign though. The procedure can make you bleed plus sometimes they use a dye that is brown when it comes out so they can see better. I hope for the best for you Anisa!!

  19. #109

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Marandakay View Post
    It's possible. Implantation takes place 3-10 days after conception. When implantation happens the fertile egg and the endometrium share blood and some can leak out causing spotting. Tender breasts is a much better sign though. The procedure can make you bleed plus sometimes they use a dye that is brown when it comes out so they can see better. I hope for the best for you Anisa!!
    Thank you Marandakay. I have searched so much on the web to make myself sure about these early signs and read so much, but your comment makes me more hopeful. I hope that this will be the right month. when I did the IUI the doc said that the sperm count of my dh was over normal and also the motility was too high. I hope that the egg has been fertilized and has sticked in the endometrum the day I saw those spotting. (The spotting lasted only once for a few min. Is it normal?)

    Thank you for your reply. Wish u the best. Baby dust.

  20. #110

    Default

    What other symptoms will I try these days? Today I am in day 5.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    What other symptoms will I try these days? Today I am in day 5.
    I haven't had an IUI done but maybe if one of the other ladies that has done it will post something they may be able to help you more than I could. I have only had an SIS done so they could check my birthing cavity...OWWIE!

  22. Default Grrr

    Aunt Flo...again... Thought I had it this time. Gonna buy a six pack and self medicate.

  23. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Thank you Marandakay. I have searched so much on the web to make myself sure about these early signs and read so much, but your comment makes me more hopeful. I hope that this will be the right month. when I did the IUI the doc said that the sperm count of my dh was over normal and also the motility was too high. I hope that the egg has been fertilized and has sticked in the endometrum the day I saw those spotting. (The spotting lasted only once for a few min. Is it normal?)

    Thank you for your reply. Wish u the best. Baby dust.
    I read it can be very short, but also only 1/3 of pregnant women get it. I had my IUI done two weeks ago this weekend and nothing yet, just a

    Hope its your implantation bleeding!!
    Married August 14th, 2010
    TTC 4 years - Dx: Endo stage 4 & PCOS
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

  24. #114

    Default

    I got a BFP last night after IUI cycle #2. We only had 2 follies on the right side (I only have a right side - was diagnosed with only one tube and a unicorneal uterus through HSG). The dominant one was 24 mm, with a sidekick of 18 mm. DH's spermies were 18M, and they worked this time.

    The plan this cycle was Letrozole from CD 3-7, then Menopur/Bravelle combination injections at 112 cc from 7-12. I have always been sensitive to the injects and produced a LOT of follicles last time, so they downgraded my dose this time from 150 cc. That resulted in fewer follicles, but the lead was a lot bigger. Trigger on CD 13, IUI CD 15. BFP CD 27.

    It was difficult to get the catheter up to my uterus during the IUI because I had just emptied my bladder (I had NO idea that I wasn't supposed to do this) - after 15 minutes of them poking different catheters up there, and a little bleeding, they made me drink 2 bottles of water. I was FREEZING because the water was cold, but the catheter slid right up there. My RE told me that it's especially important for me to not empty my bladder because I only have one tube, so my uterus isn't held in the middle of my abdomen by the usual amount of ligaments. Apparently a full bladder moves everything around in there so it's more of a straight shot to the uterus. But I thought I would share the story anyway, in case anyone else has issues.

    Also, I totally thought I had started my period on Monday night. I spotted lightly (light brown discharge when the projesterone suppositories were draining out and when I wiped after peeing - I know TMI) Monday night and Tuesday morning. I never spot before my period - it's always full on flow from day 1. I didn't take my progesterone suppository Monday night, thinking I was going to start during the night (which is always good, because I miss the worst of the cramps if I'm asleep when I start). But I woke up Tuesday morning and...no full flow, just a little brown when I wiped and when the progesterone gunk came out. So I put a tampon in Tuesday morning, still thinking I was definitely starting that day, and called my RE's office to set up my first IVF cycle, financial counseling, and class. I wasn't even that bummed because I was so excited to move forward with IVF. But then I stopped spotting Tuesday afternoon, and didn't spot all day yesterday.

    When my RE's WONDERFUL nurse called me yesterday to confirm my start date so she could call in my meds, I told her I had stopped bleeding, but I JUST KNEW I was going to start, because I never spot without starting my period. She asked me a bunch of questions:

    Are you cramping?

    Nope.

    Do you usually cramp before your period?

    Uh...yes.

    Was it just a little bit of spotting?

    Yep.

    And it was on CD 11?

    I guess.

    And you didn't take progesterone Monday night and you didn't start Tuesday or today?

    No.

    ARE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR A DRUGSTORE???

    uh...no.

    CAN YOU COME HERE SO I CAN TEST YOU MYSELF????

    No...I'm three hours away for work.

    GIRL, YOU BETTER TEST TONIGHT AND CALL ME FIRST THING TOMORROW AND TELL ME YOU ARE PREGNANT!!

    Whatever Linda. Okay. Whatever you say. Suuure, I'm pregnant. You're crazy. I don't even feel the least little bit pregnant.

    AND TAKE YOUR FREAKIN PROGESTERONE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

    Sure enough, she was right.

    I didn't sleep very well last night, but I have NO pregnancy symptoms, which kinda makes me nervous (although the BFP was pretty dark for 13 DPO - much darker than my first pregnancy was at 16 DPO, but that one ended in miscarriage).

    Go in for a beta today....trying not to worry about it. It's hard. This has been such a long road (trying for 2+ years, 2 miscarriages, several bad diagnoses). I know my road hasn't been as hard as some, and I'm even feeling a little guilty that it worked this quickly after starting infertility procedures. And I'm SO SCARED to have another miscarriage. I seriously don't know what it will do to me. It kinda sucks that when people like us get pregnant, they can't be as happy as those who haven't had losses, or trouble getting pregnant. Even my husband was pretty reserved last night - he said he can't get excited and then have to watch me go through another miscarriage. He said he'll be excited after 12 weeks. I know how he feels.

    Thanks for listening/reading. I know if anyone will understand, it's you girls.

    Wish me luck today,

    Brie
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #115

    Default

    Brie--
    All the luck in the world to you. You have two gorgeous lines there on your BFP!
    Look forward to hearing about your beta!

  26. #116

    Default

    Beta was 156!

  27. #117

    Default

    Brie,

    Just wanted to tell you congratulations and that I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months! Sticky Dust!

  28. #118

    Default

    Woo-hoo!

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Yea - Congrats Brie!!! I go in tomorrow for our first IUI. So this its awesome to hear that they do work

  30. #120

    Default

    CONGRATS!! gives us all hope!!
    Married August 14th, 2010
    TTC 4 years - Dx: Endo stage 4 & PCOS
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •