Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injects/Clomid/IUI

Quote Originally Posted by Marandakay View Post
    Over analyzing again...I started working out two weeks ago and im GAINING weight like crazy (8 lbs). This weekend is when I'm supposed to start (beta?). Wonder if we could put a legend of acronyms and definitions at the bottom of the web page LOL!!!!!
    Sending extra progesterone to Stacie!!!!!
    What acronyms do you need help with? Can't wait to hear about your beta.

Thanks for the extra progesterone!!!

Hi Ladies,

I am introducing myself here. I'm 28. I had miscarriages in May of 2008 and February of 2009. We haven't been able to get pregnant since. I have a unicorneal uterus with only one tube, and my hormone levels are kinda bad - CD 3 testing showed low estrogen, etc. I'm normally a lurker, but I'm 5 days post my first IUI, and I am going insane. I want to test!!!!

Started the cycle with letrozole, then switched to Bravelle from Day 7 through 11. (started at 150ml, then dialed back to 75 ml after day 9 - I was responding too well. Triggered on Day 12, with a good strong OPK positive that night. IUI on 9/11. I have been taking progesterone suppositories since 2 days post IUI, and have a lot of side effects - feeling tired, sore boobs, scatterbrained, etc.

I'm so hopeful about this cycle. I had three mature follies on the side where I have a tube, and DH's sample was 18 million. I'm desperately trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard. And the waiting is killing me.

When is the earliest I could reasonably test?

Brie

3. Default

Sorry for the double posts, trying to get the hang of this.
    Last edited by Marandakay; 09-16-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Double post

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    What acronyms do you need help with? Can't wait to hear about your beta.

Thanks for the extra progesterone!!!

Well I can pretty much understand what they mean but I can't remember them when I'm trying to post LOL.

Hello and welcome Brie sounds like you've had a rough go around, you're not alone going crazy with the waiting that's for sure! I have a test waiting for me...it claims it can read up to 4 days prior with some pretty ugly low percentages so I'm going to resist (I hope) until I'm overdue for beta (after Saturday)...God willing I have the patience to wait until day 2 but *shrug* you know how it is.[/

Hi Brie--
    Good luck to you this cycle! I know at least somewhat how you feel--I am 12 days post my first IUI and it's been a very long 12 days. I think, because you triggered, you want to be sure the trigger shot is out of your system--perhaps someone who has triggered can chime in on that (I didn't use a trigger myself but remember reading about it on other posts). I think the trigger can give you a positive.

GL!

6. Default

Does anyone know if beta changes back to original normal day after stopping chlomid the first month? I O'ed on my normal day without taking meds so I'm wondering if beta comes at a predetermined time after O.

Usually trigger is out of your system by 10 days. I would not start POAS until 12DPO.

8. Default

I am supposed to beta today...I think...I usually start on day 25 (which is today) but when I take chlomid I start on day 30. I did not take it this cycle so I'm really not sure what to expect.
    Last week I went to a baby shower and it was horrible for me. I had every bad emotion you can think of but mostly resentment. She had told everyone that she never wanted to have children up until a few months after she got done with college. When I was telling her my feelings about STC for over 5 years she told me she was worried she couldn't get PG because she had been on the pill for so long. She got PG a month later which was 2 months of TTC...I was getting ready to take my first dose of chlomid and she was trying to be encouraging saying that we could be PG together. Now she's due in December and I've been left behind. The last time a friend of mine had a baby (an oopsie at that) I cried on my way to work and felt so ashamed of myself for being so bitter and selfish. I think this time will be worse because of how she didn't want children before and that she wasn't even that interested when she began trying.

Hi ladies, my name is Anisa and I am 25. I had an IUI 6 days ago. I took clomid and did an injection of HCG before doing the IUI. I'm waiting to do the test but I am impatient. I don't have any other children and we are trying to conceive for about 2 yrs and a half. This is my first try with IUI. Can you tell me if the cramping are normal ? What other symptoms did you have after ding an IUI?

Anisa :-)

Maranda - Did you get your beta?

Anisa -
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post

Anisa -
    Thank you.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post

Anisa -
    This morning I got impatient (go figure) and did a HPT. That came up neg but still no beta... This is driving me nuts!

13. Default

AF showed up today

This morning I got impatient (go figure) and did a HPT. That came up neg but still no beta... This is driving me nuts!
    AF showed up today

Gals,
    HcG 279 15dpo.
    Waiting to hear on progesterone.
    I am oh-so-cautiously excited.
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell83 View Post
    Gals,
    HcG 279 15dpo.
    Waiting to hear on progesterone.
    I am oh-so-cautiously excited.
    Sharon
    Congratulations!!!

Hello ladies!

I'll be joining y'all. My husband and I will have our first IUI this cycle. My mid-cycle US is on the 5th of October. They dont have me trying injectables, just Clomid (100mg) days 5-9.

to you all!

Liam

WoWiE.
    First beta Monday was 279.
    Second one today, almost exactly 48 hours later, 763.
    Progesterone 121

I'm PREGNANT!
    stick, bean, stick!

Sharon - Congrats on your and on your numbers doubling!!!

Sara13 - Good luck this cycle!

Stacie - I saw your news about the two sacs, I am so excited for you!!!!

Marandakay - So sorry about AF showing her face

I realize I never posted my update in this thread. I had my IUI on September 15th. It went well. We had 2 million sperm after watch. I have been a little worried about the number but the RE's office seemed happy with it. I have been having some interesting symptoms like extreme hunger and what feels like pregnancy brain. The last time I felt like this was when I was pregnant with my son. I'm trying not to read too much into it though. We've had so much disappointment and heartache I have to keep a bit of a wall up so I don't crumble. I am going to test on Monday when I will be 12DPO.

20. Default

Grats on the BFP!!!

WoWiE.
    Progesterone 121

I'm PREGNANT!
    stick, bean, stick!
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell83 View Post
    WoWiE.
    Progesterone 121

I'm PREGNANT!
    stick, bean, stick!
    Great, strong numbers! Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post

Stacie - I saw your news about the two sacs, I am so excited for you!!!!

I realize I never posted my update in this thread. I had my IUI on September 15th. It went well. We had 2 million sperm after watch. I have been a little worried about the number but the RE's office seemed happy with it. I have been having some interesting symptoms like extreme hunger and what feels like pregnancy brain. The last time I felt like this was when I was pregnant with my son. I'm trying not to read too much into it though. We've had so much disappointment and heartache I have to keep a bit of a wall up so I don't crumble. I am going to test on Monday when I will be 12DPO.
    Thanks! It is still a little surreal/overwhelming. Trying to enjoy it instead of worrying. I will feel better if we have good results on the next u/s.

I am really encouraged by your symptoms and can't wait until Monday to hear POAS results!

Ladies, sorry about the ticker. Still new at this...

24. Default

Femara sux...just plain sux...if this is what menopause is like I think I'll pass! This month I'm going to try Femara and next month DH and I have to decide if we want to do an IUI and pay the $400 for it; plus he's being wierd and is questioning the morality of it. WTF, I don't see the big deal at all but I need to find a way to get him on the same page. Any pointers? He has never been religious and knows nothing about religion but he's lately been spiritual. That's a good thing but I can't get him to go to church to find the answers he wants.

I work at the airport and I saw two adorable babies in a row and my right ovaries started really hurting...BADLY! Maybe that's a good thing? I've been thinking about it and I would be totally ok with twins...there I go, wishful thinking *sigh*.

Sharon, I hope you will be a graduate so much! I hope we all will be, I've always been a good luck charm to people with good karma so I'm hoping I can help us all out.

Going to try my best not to get my hopes up so if any of you ladies can give me any kind of advise for IUI I would be grateful!

Maranda

Default To trigger or not to trigger?

Hi ladies - I will be having my first IUI next month. My RE only mentioned Clomid - nothing about a trigger shot. Is this something I should ask for?

26. Default

I might have an IUI next month as well...depends on if the Femara works or if DH will spend the money. I don't think you need the trigger with the Chlomid because I believe they work differently than Femara or else your body is different. Not really sure.

Gals,
    Thanks for the good wishes.
    I am still stalking you all and hope you'll also be graduates very soon.
    I am still not believing I am.

Mina, I did not have a trigger shot with clomid. I would definitely get clarification from your doc about why. I ovulate on my own, but my doc recommended clomid when we decided to try IUI--success rate for IUI's goes up when you do medicated, according to her.

Maranda, good luck with the conversation about IUI with DH. I don't have any pointers about how to talk with him about it, other than listen as best you can.

I hope your aching ovaries are a good sign--I thought mine were going to bust out of my gut this cycle while I was ovulating!

Sharon

Hi to all I am new to this site and I want to share some of my symptoms I've scheduled during tww. I'm still waiting. Fingers crossed.

I have done an IUI on the 13th using Clomid 100 and my last period was on the 31st Aug. My ovary released 3 eggs. I hope one got.

DPO1 - major cramps front
    DPO2 - little creamy cm, cramps
    DPO3 - creamy cm, HUNGRY, cramps
    DPO4 - creamy cm, hungry, pain on the left ovary
    DPO5 - yellow CM, tired, cramping, hungry, dizzy, hot
    DPO6 - sore bbs, cramps, tired, hungry , creamy cm, headache, gas, nausea
    DPO7 - sore bbs, cramps in , stabbing pain on left side, gas,
    hungry, nausea
    DP08 - irritable, stabby pain on left,sore bbs, nausea
    DPO9 - bad AF type cramping, HUGE sore bbs
    DPO10 - heavy crampy feeling low down in
    pelvis and left side, creamy cm, very sore bbs, nausea
    DPO11 - heavy crampy feeling low down in
    pelvis and left side, creamy cm, very sore bbs, nausea
    DPO12 - woke up in the middle of the night several times to wee, gassy
    Even though I swore I'd wait to test until 14 DPO, my PoaS
    addiction won over when I was weak and half asleep. BFN! I decided to wait few more days though and test
    again
    DPO13 - Headache, tired, huge sore bbs. nausea,
    DPO14 - Still bad cramps like Af cramps. huge sore bbs. hungry. Tested again early in the morning . I think I saw a line, very very faint, Nevertheless I did a blood test and tomorrow I'll take the results. I hope it's positive.

Wish me luck.

Baby dust to all of you that are waiting.

29. Default

Oh GL GL GL GL!!! Have you ever taken chlomid before? For me I had all of those symptoms except CM and it made my AF 5 days late. Faint line sounds very encouraging! *baby dust*

30. Default

Sharon, I hope your ovaries feeling full is worth the discomfort and you get a BPF! I have an idea...let's get a BFP together this month! How does that sound :-P