Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Injects/Clomid/IUI

I got my monitor on ebay as well. It's a clearblue. You can get the sticks there, Amazon also has them for way less than drugstore prices.

and ladies!!

Today's US showed one small follie on my ROV (8mm) and nothing on the left. I will contiue the injects through the weekend and go back Tuesday for my final check.
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Karen--
    Good luck to you--I'm sorry there isn't more happening yet.

I am waiting to O. Finished up clomid on Tuesday. I was kind of falling apart on Tuesday, my hair is falling out, and I feel very full in my lower belly, which I can only assume is my ovaries ripening up some good eggs. I've also been sensitive to sunlight, another side effect of clomid (according to what I read online).
    I haven't gotten a follie check so I don't know what's happening in there. Feels like a lot going on. I tend to be sensitive to meds.

We'll see....hopefully soon.

Nurse just called. My E2 levels are heading back down so we canceled. Looks like it's back to au natural for me. Boy, that was A LOT of wasted money!

Time to leave the group ladies since I am no longer doing injects/IUI! I wish you all the very best of luck with your cycles and your subsequent pregnancies!! You've all been a great help! Thanks for being here for me through this four month cycle from hell! BTW, if I decide to do some unmonitored clomid/femara cycles I'll be back!

Karen--- That sucks!!! I am so sorry!!

I was put on clomid today 50mg, my dr would like it that we spend the $2000 to get injectibles but that is way out of our way right now.and still no guarntee that I would get preg. my question is has clomid worked for anyone over 42?(reason I'm asking is the dr said today that there is only 1 in 120 that get preg on clomid over the age of 42.)

Quote Originally Posted by trying View Post
    I was put on clomid today 50mg, my dr would like it that we spend the $2000 to get injectibles but that is way out of our way right now.and still no guarntee that I would get preg. my question is has clomid worked for anyone over 42?(reason I'm asking is the dr said today that there is only 1 in 120 that get preg on clomid over the age of 42.)
    I did clomid when I was 38 or 39 and it did nothing for me really. I ovulate on my own but only have one good tube. I am currently doing my 5th cycle with injectables. I have had a much better response with injectables and got pg on my 4th try but we m/c.
    Last edited by srh38; 09-05-2010 at 10:02 AM.

I had my IUI today--or I should say an attempted IUI. She couldn't get the catheter into my cervix, not even after she grabbed hold of it with some kind of little gripper thingie. I was crying on the table, it was horrible.
    This is not my regular doc, it was the doc on call. We were the only two there, I'm sure she felt terrible--she kept saying, it's not usually this hard.

I had a sonohistogram a couple of months ago and that was totally different--no problems getting past the cervix. So, I don't know if it's the clomid that has my body jacked up, the doc not getting it quite right, or what. I didn't feel particularly nervous about the whole thing--I mean, it was definitely weird, driving to the office with my husband's "sample" tucked between my thighs--but I don't get particularly anxious about being poked and prodded. At least I didn't. Perhaps now I will.

In the end, she deposited the sperm right at the opening to the cervix, raised my feet, and hoped for the best. Of course we will also BD later.

Regarding the question about effectiveness of clomid on older women ttc--I did not get an u/s to see what's happening with my follies/eggs, but it has for sure had an effect on me. I can feel that I'm ovulating more intensely and from both sides this month. I'm 40, and do ovulate on my own.

Good luck!

hon, that sounds like an awful experience! Hope you get a bfp this cycle!

Wendell83 - I am so sorry that you had problems with your IUI. I would talk to your regular doctor about it. There is no way you should be paying for an iui when the on call doctor couldn't even manage to get the catheter in your cervix. Especially if you had a HSG with no problems.

I have had 5 IUI's and I have never had a problem like that. I know that they are more difficult to perform on some people than others, but that seems ridiculous especially since she wasn't even successful.

I hope you get your bfp so you don't have to go through it again. If you do have to have another IUI, can you arrange to have your doctor perform it so you don't have to go through the same thing again?

Trying - I'm 38 and ovulate on my own. The clomid does make a difference for me. I actually had two eggs the same size - one on each side this month. First time that ever happened. I'm on 100 mg though. Which isn't expensive, so maybe you can up the dosage if the 50 mg doesn't work for you.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sharn View Post
    Marandakay - My diagnoses is unexplained infertility too. If it makes you feel better, I got pregnant on my second IUI attempt - first one with clomid with my son. It is frustrating to not know what is wrong because it is hard to know what will help!
    Thanks for the encouragement :-) Hopefully we won't have to come to that.
    We are trying regular old style this month and next month dunno if I'm going to go ahead and take the Letrozole femara. It's possible that we missed the day every time for 5 years...I seem to get pissy when I'm ovulating because it seems that we have fights on that day every time...
    I used Clear Blue and got a good positive and today is the day my lil egg is going to hang around.

12. Default

I'm so sorry to hear about the mishaps that occured while I took a little time off :-( Karen, if you come back sometime I just want you to know that I'm thankful for you being so nice to me and I hope au natural works for you.
    I had an SIS last week and it was so painful...I can't imagine what it would be like to have some grabber thing on your cervix on top of that :-(

Gals,
    Thanks for your kind notes--it really does help!
    I will talk to my doc at some point about how things went, but I can't speak rationally about it yet. I'll see how things go--if we decide to do another IUI for sure I'll talk to my doctor before we start. Meanwhile, I am trying not to get too crabby about it. Who knows, in the midst of the ruckus, we may have BFP.
    I had an SIS myself a couple of months ago, and it was uncomfortable, but a breeze by comparison to the IUI attempt.
    (I just looked up the implement she used on me--a tenaculum. Invented by a man.)

Get busy Marandakay ;) and GL everyone!

Karen, if you come back sometime I just want you to know that I'm thankful for you being so nice to me and I hope au natural works for you.
    Thanks!

15. Default

Had my LH surge on Monday or Tuesday and felt it on my left...then last night I started feeling it on the right...Is it possible to ovulate twice on different days?? Also got in a fight with the DH last night. I think we both get super hormonal when I ovulate...or maybe I'm just a megabiznatch at this time. Fortunately we resolved our differences and get the deed done. Maybe one more night just to be sure (it's still fun hehe). Wondering if this a first on this particular cycle day and that we might have bfp this time. Trying not to go crazy just yet :-P

I am starting to feel like this cycle is going to last forever. I had another u/s and bloodwork today. My follies are growing but very, very slowly. I had one at 14mm and one at 10.5mm today. I go back for a recheck on Monday. Hopefully by then they can tell me when to trigger and when the IUI will be. I am SO sick of sitms!!! Today will be day 10 of them and I have at least two more days after that....

handsdown I know how you are feeling.

I had an u/s last Sat an there was very little growth, so dr put me on clomid (after telling me that there isn't many preg over 42 with clomid) now here it is Friday and I had u/s today to check again and sure enough growth, so we did the trigger shot and on to #2 iui Sunday morning.

Ladies I got a light bfp yesterday at 12DPO. We are so scared. Will go to get blood drawn tomorrow to confirm if this is a viable pregnancy.

Stacie,
    Congrats on the BFP--fingers crossed for you, please let us know how it goes. Sending up prayers!
    Sharon

Congrats, Stacie!!!! Loads of sent your way!!!

Hmmm well my smilie didn't seem to be working so what I was trying to send you was STICKY VIBES!!!!

Contests Stacie! Hope you get great news from the doctor and have a healthy and happy 9 months!

congrats stacie

Stacie!!!

Thanks ladies! My first beta came back at 108 and my progesterone came back at 15. They put me on progesterone suppositories 2x per day. Now I just need them to double.

26. Default

Not sure what all those acronyms mean but it sounds like good news: YAY!

What a great 1st beta Stacie!!! I'm glad they have you on progesterone, hopefully that will help this little bean stick! Do you go back on Wed for the next one??

Yes, I go back tomorrow morning for second beta. I hope the progesterone helps...low progesterone was a factor in my last pg loss.

Ladies, I apologize for my ticker being in here. Does anyone know how to remove them from posts already posted?
    Last edited by srh38; 09-14-2010 at 12:22 PM.

30. Default

Over analyzing again...I started working out two weeks ago and im GAINING weight like crazy (8 lbs). This weekend is when I'm supposed to start (beta?). Wonder if we could put a legend of acronyms and definitions at the bottom of the web page LOL!!!!!
    Sending extra progesterone to Stacie!!!!!