Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injects/Clomid/IUI

Default Injects/Clomid/IUI

Hi ladies! I can't seems to find the IUI thread that was in the TTC w/Medical Assitance boards. Should we start a new one or am I am the only one here doing injects/IUI?
    I had an US today. My cysts are FINALLY gone and my lining has thinned from all of the spotting so I am starting the injects again tonight - 225iu Menopur. Wish me luck!!
    Last edited by kbhlmh; 08-26-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Karen - I think the IUI thread got lost or combined with the Clomid Blog during the merger.
    I will be doing an IUI with injects on my next cycle, probably starting next week. My paperwork says we will start out with 75iu of Follistim.

I am doing injects/IUI too!

Should we make this a sticky then?

Stacie - Have you started yet? What meds are/will you be taking?

We're doing IUI this cycle, but with clomid, not injectables. I start the clomid tomorrow.

What dosage will you be taking?

ETA: Just saw in the other thread that you will be doing 50mg.

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
    Should we make this a sticky then?

Stacie - Have you started yet? What meds are/will you be taking?
    I have started, will probably have IUI on Sunday or Monday. I am taking repronex/menopur. They changed my protocol this time. Two shots, then one, two shots, then one, etc. As of Tuesday, I had 13 follies. I go back tomorrow to check again...

I am doing another iui with clomid - 100 mg. Follie check saturday. Iui probably Monday. It seems like all th stc 35+ are doing iui's.

I had my IUI last Tuesday and I did menopur and gonal f and I go back Monday for Beta to see if it worked. Good luck to you all

Nice to see everyone! ladies!

My IUI is scheduled for Monday morning.

to you tomorrow!! KUP!

I go for my first follie check tomorrow morning. that I have some follies growing in there!

Had a comical moment with HCG shot last night. DH couldn't remember how to do it so we had to look it up on You Tube. Then when he did it our two schnauzers were very worried about me and needed to jump on me to make sure I was ok.

You Tube really does have everything on it, doesn't it?

Here's our own funny moment--I have warned DH that the clomid may make me cranky, crazy, etc. I was reaching for something in the kitchen the other day, and instead of standing on a chair (or even a stepstool) to reach, I was standing on top of the counter. DH walks in and says--It's the clomid! Look out!

Ha-ha. Hope we're still laughing in a week!

to you tomorrow!! KUP!

I go for my first follie check tomorrow morning. that I have some follies growing in there!
    Woohoo!!

I got the official word today that we will be doing an IUI. I start taking 75iu of Follistim tomorrow night. I am starting to really stress and get nervous about this. I just wish things were easier.
    [/URL]

Janelle - with your injects! Try not to stress!

Wendell -

Stacie - How did the IUI go?

AFM, I had my US yesterday morning and the left ovary was quiet and I had one or two tiny follies on my right, now worth measuring. Yesterday afternoon the nurse call with the results back from my blood draw. E2 level was 35, DOWN from 58 at the beginning of the cycle, so it appears that the injects are suppressing me again instead of stimming me. I am supposed to go back on Friday for an US but I may just ask for another E2 level tomorrow instead. If it's still going down I am just going to cancel the cycle and move on since it would mean that injects just don't work for me.

Karen-- I am sorry the injects don't seem to be doing it for you

Stacie - How did the IUI go?

AFM, I had my US yesterday morning and the left ovary was quiet and I had one or two tiny follies on my right, now worth measuring. Yesterday afternoon the nurse call with the results back from my blood draw. E2 level was 35, DOWN from 58 at the beginning of the cycle, so it appears that the injects are suppressing me again instead of stimming me. I am supposed to go back on Friday for an US but I may just ask for another E2 level tomorrow instead. If it's still going down I am just going to cancel the cycle and move on since it would mean that injects just don't work for me.
    IUI went well and now we have to wait. I go in on monday to get progesterone level checked.

Stinks that injectables are suppressing you. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be.

Thanks ladies! It is pretty frustrating, especially since all of the costs have been out of pocket. That's a TON of money to pay to get absolutely NOTHING in return. I did make an appointment for tomorrow morning so I'll know tomorrow afternoon which way this cycle is headed!

Karen--good luck to you. It sounds really frustrating but it also sounds like you are on top of it--good work advocating for yourself (and your bean to come!).

I am thinking of everyone--sending high-quality eggs and good sticky vibes out!

22. Default

I was wondering what happened to everyone...Thanks for the update and invite Karen. I'm sorry you're not getting the expected results from your shots. I think on 5 months of Chlomid I only ovulated twice but not really sure since I did the home strip test. I know how hard it is not to stress because I feel it every day that passes.
    Tomorrow I go to the infertility doctor and I'm really nervous. Do I want to be certain that I can't get pregnant or do I want to remain uncertain if I can? I've had a bad feeling for many years that I will never have children, even before I started trying.
    My insurance only covers one visit including the diagnosis and I have to wait until November to get double coverage. I don't know why DH downgraded from Blue Cross but hopefully they cover infertility...I know DH does not want to pay extra money so tomorrow may be answers that I don't want. Bleh.

Marandakay - Good luck with the RE today. I hope all goes well.

Wendell - Loving the high-quality eggs and good sticky vibes!!

24. Default

The verdict is: unexplained infertility...in other words nothing is wrong with me :-/ In a sense that is good news but it's still maddening. They suggested a month of letrozole and then maybe IUI with injections. Gotta sit this month out cuz it's too late to start it. Thanks for sending luck my way, gonna really need it this month!

The verdict is: unexplained infertility

Marandakay - My diagnoses is unexplained infertility too. If it makes you feel better, I got pregnant on my second IUI attempt - first one with clomid with my son. It is frustrating to not know what is wrong because it is hard to know what will help!

DH and I just found out today that we'll be moving on to Clomid/IUI. I was a little flustered at first because I didn't think it would have to come to that, however after the initial shock I'm very very excited.

Liam

My DH and I are meeting with the fertility clinic on 9/13 for our initial meeting before we begin our IUI process. The clinic suggests the "clearblue easy fertility kit"...I need to call them to figure out specifically which one. Any input on those, ladies? IUI is our next route b/c DHs swimmer numbers are good, but of the 25% that are supposed to be super swimmers, he has 0%. AF is supposed to arrive 9/7/10, so I would like to go ahead and have the appropriate monitor and plan so when I ovulate this go-round we can go ahead and get started. Any IUI advice is welcomed!

GL to you all!
    Lucy(our dog-9)Me (32)DH(34)-sperm count normal, low motility:IUI#3 with Clomid 2011---!=DD (2) Praying for all of the APA ladies!

I bought my monitor and the sticks that go with it on ebay.

Menopur and IUI cycle #3 starts tomorrow... Please let this work!
    Kristie 36 DH 40
    My Baby Boy is 16 months!
    TTC #2 since 03/10