Thread: IVF Success Stories

Hybrid View

Default IVF Success Stories

Diagnosis?:Male factor-Retrograde ejaculation,low motility,low count.S/A varied from all sperm dead to count of 20,000 to 200,000
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF?:No.IVF is our only hope for conceiving.
    How many IVF before BFP?:1
    Donor egg or sperm?:No
    Assisted hatching?:No
    ICSI?:Yes
    Protocol?:Lupron,Gonal-f,low dose hCG,Ovidrel trigger,Medrol,Progesterone
    How many eggs?:11-only 5 were mature
    How many embryos?:3
    How many days from ER to transfer?:5
    How many embryos transfered?:2
    How many embryos frozen?:None
    Any symptoms in the 2WW?:Had cramping,sometimes so bad it made me dizzy.
    POAS before beta?:Yes. 10dpt. Instant line!
    Beta numbers?:256.8 11dpt, 900 14dpt, 4,157 17dpt!
    Number of babies?:2 very sweet and healthy little boys
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF?:To somehow be prepared for all the ups and downs. A wonderful support system is key. Stress is bad,IVF stress makes it worse!
    Other comments?:
    Last edited by cakegal; 03-25-2011 at 12:39 PM.

This looks right!!! I think you captured everything in the prior thread!!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 11-18-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks for starting this!! Does anyone know how we can make it a sticky? I'm still sad the old one is gone!!!

I had sent a message to a mod. So hopefully we'll get it stickied.

and dont forget to add your EDDs to the EAS stickie too! congrats to all the IVF successes we have had recently

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

I like to put my story in here in 12 weeks...
    Last edited by mistyone1; 09-02-2010 at 11:52 PM.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

Diagnosis: Advanced Maternal Age, No Fallopian Tubes (removed surgically following ectopic pregnancies), Implantation Failure
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF: Clomid cycles before both tubes were removed
    How many IVF before BFP: 5
    Donor egg or sperm: On the last/5th cycle we finally used donor eggs
    Assisted hatching: Yes, on cycles 1-4
    ICSI: Yes, all 5 cycles
    Protocol: Lupron, Gonal-f, low dose hCG for donor & Estrogen patches and Progesterone for me.
    How many eggs retrieved: 14-only 10 were mature & 9 fertilized
    How many embryos: 9
    How many days from ER to transfer: 3
    How many embryos transfered: 2 (12-cell grade A+)
    How many embryos frozen: 7
    Any symptoms in the 2WW: Felt implantation twinges days 4-5 after transfer, tender breasts, lower back pain, bloating
    POAS before beta: Yes. 7dpt we got our BFP
    Beta numbers: 150 12dp3dt, 505 15dpt3dt
    Number of babies: 1 healthy boy!!
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF:I did my homework and I feel that I knew a lot going in. I found support systems before starting this journey.
    Other comments: This is the toughest, yet most rewarding journey of my life. I wouldn't change a thing. It cost a lot of money to get the results we wanted, but our child is worth every cent. Best of luck to all of you TTC with Medical Assistance. Patience is something you MUST HAVE to get through this journey...and a good solid support system.
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 01-13-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Diagnosis: Severe male-factor infertility (# of healthy sperm usually "too few to count"), cause unknown.
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF: Nope, we went straight for the big guns.
    How many IVF before BFP: 0, it was our lucky first .
    Donor egg or sperm: Nope.
    Assisted hatching: Nope.
    ICSI: Yep.
    Protocol: Antagonist, with Gonal-f, Orgalutran and Ovidril trigger.
    How many eggs retrieved: 20, but only 12 were mature and 10 fertilized (2 abnormally).
    How many embryos: 6
    How many days from ER to transfer: 5
    How many embryos transfered: 1, a hatching blastocyst.
    How many embryos frozen: 5
    Any symptoms in the 2WW: Nausea and food aversions plus other symptoms that were probably either from progesterone or a touch of OHSS.
    POAS before beta: Yep, at 8dp5dt. Faint, faint positive .
    Beta numbers: 289 at 11dp5dt, 971 at 14dp5dt.
    Number of babies: 1
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF: IVF can make you pregnant! I was so busy mentally preparing for if it didn't work, I think I forgot to prepare for if it did, and this pregnancy has thrown me for a bit of a loop! I am so lucky to be here, but I wish I'd known more about pregnancy first!
    Other comments: Thank you to my IVF sisters, especially Rhonda. I've learned so much from you all, and its been great to have a place to come to and share.

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Diagnosis?:One Ovary, One Blocked Tube, High FSH, Low Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor-Low Sperm count.
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF?:None was told IVF was our only way.
    How many IVF Before BFP:1
    Assisted hatching?:Yes
    Protocol?:BCP,Lupron,follistim,Estrace,Novarel(1st cycle) Ovidrel(2nd cycle),Progesterone
    How many eggs?:1st cycle 8, 5 mature, 3 made it to day 3 2nd cyle 8, 6 mature, 3 made it to day 5
    How Many Embryos: 3 each time
    ER to transfer?:1st cycle 3days, 2nd cycle 5 days
    How many embryos frozen?:None both times the 3rd look abnormal and arrested.
    Any symptoms in the 2WW?:Had cramping,bloating and sore boobs
    POAS before beta?:Yes. 8dpt got + with both cycles
    Beta numbers?:can't remember
    Number of babies?:1 each time
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF?:
    Other comments?:On my 2nd cycle I m/ced at 7w6d from subchronic hematoma that became to large. About 5 months after that I became pg naturally. My Re's about fell on the floor. They swore up and down that it had to be a tubal pg. But little Miss L is here and doing great. We are hoping that at some point we will get another suprise. If not that we are going to venture into IVF maybe one more time.

Diagnosis?:Low ovarian reserve
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF?:6 failed IUI
    How many IVF before BFP?:First
    Protocol?:Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix,Estrogen, Progesterone
    How many eggs?:10, 8 was mature, 6 fertilized
    How many embryos?:6
    How many days from ER to transfer?:3
    How many embryos frozen?:2
    Any symptoms in the 2WW?:Cramping, didn't have that much symptoms
    POAS before beta?:No
    Beta numbers?:153 on 13dp3dt, 335 on 15 dp3dt
    Number of babies?:1
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF?: A positive thinking is the key. Relax! It's a hard process for women to become a mother, but it's worth it. I appreciate IVF sisters for love and support!
    Other comments?: I developed subchronic hematoma(4.9cm x 2 cm) at 6 week. I was devastated. I was on bedrest about 2-3 weeks. I feel blessed that my LO has made it this far. HH 9 mons!
    Last edited by mistyone1; 11-01-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

milenaamr Guest

Diagnosis?:Closed fallopian tubes
    How many IVF? :Three unsuccessful and the fourth one from a frozen circle come baby Adam.
    How many eggs?:17, 11 was mature (3 days), 8 fertilized (blastocyst 5 days transfer)
    How many embryos transfer?:3
    Number of babies?:1
    I had three unsuccessful IVF's and I never thought that it will not happened. I just new that I have to try again. The fourth one was different cause was from a frozen circle (my hormones had the time to balanced) and the blastocyst (5 days embryo) had hatching. The problem with the first three IVF"s believe was hormonal dis-balance :progesterone, estrogen. Some Doctor don't believe in that but in my case this was the problem. Pregnancy and delivery went without any problems. Baby Adam is one now and he is the joy of my life. I am planning for a second treatment next year. Remember keep trying don't despair and it will happened. I went three times trough a embryo failure and I know how disappointing is but have faith it will happened.
    The more you know the more you will be prepared when everything happened. http://hubpages.com/hub/Healthy-easy...able-pregnancy

Diagnosis? Unexplained, probably AMA. DH has super sperm, so issues were with me.
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF? 1 cycle clomid, 2 cycles injectables, poor response because of cyst. Had laparoscopy and cyst removed Sept '08. Dr said pipes were 'textbook' but went on to IVF anyway, which didn't work out so quickly.
    How many IVF before BFP? 1st IVF turned into IUI bc of low response. 2nd IVF cancelled bc of low response. 3rd IVF got pregnant, but m/c at 7 or 8 weeks. 4th IVF BFN. 5th try at IVF - preggo!!!!
    Donor egg or sperm? No
    Assisted hatching? No
    ICSI? Yes
    Protocol: On last successful attempt - 3 weeks BCP, 6 days nothing, 1 Elonva injection on day 1 of stimming, day 7 started Ganirelix and Puregon, triggered with Ovitrelle day 11.
    How many eggs? 5
    How many embryos? 3
    How many days from ER to transfer? 2 days
    How many embryos transferred? 3
    How many embryos frozen? None
    Any symptoms in the 2WW? The usual progesterone-related symptoms: moody, sore boobs, emotional..Extremely irrational and emotional about 6dp2dt (that was probably implantation craziness).
    POAS before beta? Of course! 8dp2dt got faint positive
    Beta numbers? 13dp2dt 287, 15dp2dt 724
    Number of babies? 1
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF? Not to get caught up in the numbers - the number of follies retrieved, the number fertilized, the number of days between retrieval and transfer.. My RE said he has seen everything, from large numbers of follies and perfect fert reports getting BFNs to small retrievals and crappy fert reports getting BFPs and having healthy wonderful babies.
    Other comments? First, I want to thank my IVF sisters, who saved me over the years as I went through all this. Second, after all the heartache and effort to make this bean stick, I am not sure I will ever feel really secure until the baby is born and in my arms. Just take it one week at a time. It will seem like it's the slowest period of your entire life and then suddenly you will be half way there and not know where the time went!! And and tons of to everyone trying!
    Last edited by rss73; 10-20-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Diagnosis?:No male issues, I just don't ovulate, I have a good egg count for my age. No other issues.
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF?: IUI March 2010 (blighted ovum)
    How many IVF before BFP?: none
    Donor egg or sperm?: no
    Assisted hatching?: yes
    ICSI?: yes
    Protocol?:
    How many eggs?: 8
    How many embryos?: 7
    How many days from ER to transfer?: 3
    How many embryos transfered?: 4
    How many embryos frozen?: none
    Any symptoms in the 2WW?: twinges, sore boobs, irritable (probably the waiting)
    POAS before beta?: of course BFP 10 dpt
    Beta numbers?: 127, 169(freaked since didn't double), next was 480. Stopped panicking and tracking the #'s.
    Number of babies?: 1
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF?: It is very emotional, stressful and an absolute miracle when you see your little one on the screen moving and the heart beating!
    Other comments?: I learned a lot from the other ladies in the IVF group and sometimes it was just a place to voice emotions.

Diagnosis?:Male factor-Chromosome problem
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF?:None. We didn't want to waste time and resources.
    How many IVF before BFP?:This was our first
    Protocol?:Lupron,Gonal-f,low dose hCG, trigger,Progesterone
    How many eggs?:20
    How many embryos?:11
    How many embryos frozen?:9
    Any symptoms in the 2WW?:I had OHSS so I have no clue what my real pregnancy symptoms were lol
    POAS before beta?:No
    Beta numbers?:79 9dpt, 116 11dpt,
    Number of babies?:2
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF?:Nothing really I made sure I was very educated every step of the way
    Other comments?:
    accupuncture works!

Tripp Layne & Kentin Major 5/21/2010

Default Yay

Diagnosis: Me PCOS and stage 4 endo DH - Low mobility & count
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF: Clomid cycles and IUI
    How many IVF before BFP: 1
    Donor egg or sperm: Nope
    Assisted hatching: I THINK so..
    ICSI: I think so
    Protocol: Lupron, Gonal-f, Menopur, Endometrin, Baby Aspin, Vivelle, 2 Ovidrel shots for trigger.
    How many eggs retrieved: 7 - 4mature
    How many embryos: 3
    How many days from ER to transfer: 3
    How many embryos transfered: 2 (8-cell grade)
    How many embryos frozen: None
    Any symptoms in the 2WW: TERRIBLE cramps.Convinced it was over!
    POAS before beta: Yes. 11dpt bfp!
    Beta numbers: 315 14dp3dt 534 16dp3dt 2008 21dp3dt
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF:I researched A LOT! But I dont think anything can prepare one for this.
    Other comments: Just stay strong, and keep peace with hubby, He is trying
    Last edited by jrandmarsha; 12-28-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Married August 14th, 2010
    TTC 4 years - Dx: Endo stage 4 & PCOS
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Both my boys were conceived with IVF. My first IVF was unsuccessful, the second I had 1 healthy baby boy, the third started with triplets, but I guess God had other plans for me...and so I just had one healthy baby boy with it. Both babies were born at 35 weeks. I had numerous difficulties during the second pregnancy. I absolutley loved reading the success stories!!

My favorite quote going through all this was "out of difficulties are born miracles".
    me-28 dh-27
    Two boys 6 years, and 4 years old.

Angels- 2 babies lost 12/06, 1 baby girl lost 12/10

Diagnosis: unknown infertility
    Other methods of conception/ART: 8 IUI's
    How many IVF before BFP: 4
    Assisted hatching: Nope
    ICSI: Yes
    Protocol: Microflare
    How many eggs retrieved: 11- 5mature
    How many embryos: 3
    How many days from ER to transfer: 5
    How many embryos transfered: 2 hatching blasts
    How many embryos frozen: None
    Any symptoms in the 2WW: little cramping, almost like pinching, breast huge
    POAS before beta: Yes
    Beta numbers: 199 2nd-447 3rd-4659
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF: I'm just thankful for modern medicine.

I knew being overweight wasn't the only issue preventing pregnancy. Finally my GP sent me to another fertility Dr who ran a bunch of tests and in October of 2009 was diagnosed with PCOS and was put on Metformin and we started Progesterone to bring on AF and then Clomid of 50mg didn't work.

middlestcc Guest

Diagnosis: DH has 58% antibodies
    Other methods of conception/ART: 5 IUI's
    How many IVF before BFP: 0
    Assisted hatching: Nope
    ICSI: Yes
    Protocol:
    How many eggs retrieved: that will happen next month
    How many embryos:
    How many days from ER to transfer:
    How many embryos transfered:I would like 2 but would like to know everyone thought on success rates
    How many embryos frozen:
    Any symptoms in the 2WW:
    POAS before beta:
    Beta numbers:
    Number of babies:
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF: I want to know more.

I am very worried about the success rates. I am checking out fine but husband antibodies seems to be the problem. $15,000 procedure is a lot and I am thinking we should implant 2 eggs. Any advice and encouragement would help a lot!

Diagnosis?:Male factor-Balanced Translocation of Chromosomes 14 and 21
    Other methods of conception/ART before IVF?:No.
    How many IVF before BFP?:1
    Protocol?:Follistim, Ganirelix,Ovidrel trigger,Medrol,Progesterone
    How many eggs?:18 eggs; 14 fertilized
    How many embryos?: 12 made it to PGS screening, 5 normal embryos came back
    How many embryos frozen?:3
    Any symptoms in the 2WW?:Normal PMS symptoms- dull headache, acne, fatigue
    POAS before beta?:Yes. 10dpt. Instant line!
    Beta numbers?: 435 10dpt, 3,033 14dpt
    Number of babies?:2- one boy and one girl
    What do you wish you would have known before starting IVF?: Make sure you have someone to talk to!
    Other comments?: I did acupuncture before and after transfer as well as follow up a few days later.