Thread: Need some reassurance...lab results

Default Need some reassurance...lab results

Hi everyone,
    So, my karyotype, immune screening, and AMH results came back. Karyotype (chromosomes) are all normal, and all of the immune screening came back normal-no abnormal antibodies or clotting issues. I know that I should be reassured, since everything looks good, but all of these issues we could have fixed (IVF/PGD for karyotype, heparin for immune issues). This means that the reason for our IF and m/cs are my high FSH and low AMH, and AMH is getting lower. Last year it was 0.76 (ideally should be over 1.0), today's result was 0.46. And there really isn't anything we can do for the FSH/AMH. We are still waiting for DH's karyotype results, which should be a couple more weeks, and then another consult with my primary RE and the Barbados RE.

Thanks for listening, just feeling a little discouraged...

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I dont know what I can say to make you feel better Erica but if you need someone to vent to send me a PM.

Blog Entries

I also wish that I could say something helpful! You did get some good news and I do hope that your RE's have some light to shed on all this.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Thanks for your responses. I'm sure it seems a little silly to feel down about news that is actually good...I've never been very good at waiting to make a plan, so I'm sure that's making me a little too

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I am sorry the news didn't sit better with you. Big HUGS.

I wonder, have you thought about using an egg donor?

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !

We are definitely open to donation, and are also considering foster care of this winter doesn't work out. We were looking into frozen egg donation when we got on the IVF track, and have considered embryo donation in the past-they are both definitely options, we just want to make sure we've done what we can to try first. It is nice to have a back up plan that doesn't depend on my FSH/AMH levels!

I just wanted to offer some hugs, and let you know how strong I think you are. You're such a trooper and it shows! Hugs as you continue your journey!
    Angela, Andrew & Nicholas

Three sweet angels in heaven

(((Hugs)))!

Hang in there!

Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12