Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1338

Thread: IVF - Sisters

  1. #1201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNG View Post
    Hi dear... I'm so sorry today is so stressful. I wish I knew about "compaction" stage and hatching. I'm doing everything kind of blindly which is really not my style. I hope some of the other girls who've gone through this can speak to it a bit more. It sounds like you trust your RE and it sounds like he's quite positive about how they are doing and how things are getting along. If I remember right, I think Monica had some do really well at the last minute so don't give up hope. I don't know if you can get in any self care today but it might be of some help. Go and rent some good comedies, some smut magazines, and maybe a funny book David Sadaris has some pretty dry and twisted humor. Then you'll be all set for kickin it on the couch. No sad movies!!! Hang in and I am sending you all the good energy in the world.
    David Sadaris??? Tell me about him. I got some good smut books and a Stephen King one to mix it up a little bit. I love reading at any time though, so give me some titles and I'll get them! Thanks for the good thoughts!!!!!
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  2. #1202

    Default

    Hey ladies! How are things?!

    BIG HUGS, love and prayers for Jodi today - transfer day is here! We're thinking of you, Jodi!

    I've missed a lot! How are things??

    I appreciate all the well-wishes and love. You gals are awesome!! I have to be honest, I am REALLY getting discouraged. I'm trying so super hard to remain optimistic, but I don't feel ANYTHING! I don't even have symptoms of high progsterone (no constipation, no sore bbs, NADA!). I am not kidding when I say I don't feel squat. From 3dp5dt to 5dp5dt I had some MINOR AF-type cramps, but I had to really 'try' to feel them, kwim? I'm doing the best I can to stay encouraged. This wait is excruciating. Do you think there is a chance of a BFP with ZERO symptoms?

  3. #1203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmd08d View Post
    Hey ladies! How are things?!

    BIG HUGS, love and prayers for Jodi today - transfer day is here! We're thinking of you, Jodi!

    I've missed a lot! How are things??

    I appreciate all the well-wishes and love. You gals are awesome!! I have to be honest, I am REALLY getting discouraged. I'm trying so super hard to remain optimistic, but I don't feel ANYTHING! I don't even have symptoms of high progsterone (no constipation, no sore bbs, NADA!). I am not kidding when I say I don't feel squat. From 3dp5dt to 5dp5dt I had some MINOR AF-type cramps, but I had to really 'try' to feel them, kwim? I'm doing the best I can to stay encouraged. This wait is excruciating. Do you think there is a chance of a BFP with ZERO symptoms?
    I absolutely think that there is a HUGE chance of a BFP with no symptoms! Some chicks (who are probably more fertile than us obviously), can be a few months along and still not know it. I know it's hard (because I'll be doing it too), but try not to read too much into it. I had a very good friend who lost her baby at 14 weeks a few years ago. Like me, it was her very first pregnancy and the one symptom she had was sore boobs. Her next pregnancy - NO SYMPTOMS whatsoever! It made her worry as well, but it stuck and she now has a 2 year old boy.
    I also remember my mom telling me that a when she was pregnant with us (I have two older sisters), there were times she went to the bathroom expecting to get her period. Not that she was having cramps or anything, but she felt nothing at all and thought for sure she wasn't pregnant. You still have a few more days - you never know what can happen!!! Keep your chin up - there is NO reason why this won't work for you, or any of us. I truly believe that you're gonna get your BFP on Thursday(?).
    Bye the way - did they grade your eggies before doing the transfer? I won't know until I go in what grade mine are.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  4. #1204

    Default

    Welp Ladies - today is the big day. I don't know why I'm not freaking out more!!!!! I'm sure when I get to the clinic I'll be a big fat mess.
    I will keep you guys posted from my phone, so be sure to check in later!!!
    Thanks again for all of the love and support. You are all truly the best.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  5. #1205

    Default

    Monica- I didnt have symptoms either with my first ivf until about 5 weeks. I kept saying the exact same thing... I cant possibly be pregnant. I remember thinking my bbs were more sore on the bcp. Dont get discouraged! I am expecting to see a bfp on thursday! Hang in there, you are almost there!

    Jodi! Big day! Saying lots of prayers for today! My clinic doesnt give you a grade until transfer time either... Keeps you nice and worried until then. You better believe I will be checking in often to get the update!
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

  6. #1206

    Default

    Good Morning girls.

    Monica - when I was pregnant with my ectopic I did not feel a thing. I ended up with a heart beat and my beta was 15,000, high enough to have symptoms. So while it was in the wrong spot one would have thought I'd have symptoms like soar boobs or something. I know bad comparison... I just think of how high my number was and I thought it was the beta numbers that impacted the symptoms. Could be wrong. Either way don't stress. Every time I think I'm having pregnancy symptoms they end up being AF symptoms. So becuase of my experiences I feel that no symptoms are better. OK now I'm affraid I'm going to freak you out. I hope I'm not I'm just saying it's totally possible to be moving along and not have many signs. It can be really confusing. Hang in.

    Jodi- today's your day. So excited for you. Now a little R&R coming your way. You'll have to keep us posted on how the little embies are doing. As for David Sedaris he has a number of books Me Talk Pretty One Day, Naked, etc. They're pretty funny, but be ware plenty of cures words and dry/inappropriate humor. I enjoyed it.

    AFM - had my first blood work today. I'll let you all know when I get it back what it is. Frankly, I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rural Nevada
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Monica: I know plenty of people who were pregnant and had no symptoms before a missed AF. Give it to God he will care for you and your little babies

    Jodi: I will be checking in often!! can't wait to hear an update

    Nic: Hope your first bw goes well..Hopefully its just what it is supposed to be

    Janie: I try to be patient but waiting is hard. a confession...I feel so happy for you all but a little sad that you are all going to be leaving me and then I will be back here alone..I will of course still stalk you all but for now waiting is my game its all I can do
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

  8. #1208

    Default

    Nic - You're too sweet! No, you didn't make me freak out. I'm glad that you were symptomless too!!

    Janie - I hope I'm just like you, no symptoms with a BFP. Oh that would be nice! I hope June moves quickly so we can get to YOUR BFP quicker!

    Jodi - I can't wait to hear an update! I suppose I should check my phone, since I've been napping the past 2 hours. I've been thinking of you (enjoy that bedrest)!

    Bailie - You are so right about giving it to God. I give it to Him, but take it right back. I need to give it to Him and LEAVE it there!! I saw this quote today and I thought it was great - "Anxiety doesn't strengthen you for tomorrow, it weakens you for today." I think that was God's message to me today!!

    You girls are the greatest!!!

  9. #1209

    Default

    Hey ladies. Doing my updates from my phone.
    Transfer went good! Two awesome little embies. He said that they were about 80% compacted, which was what he wanted to see. What sucks is that we have no clue how many will freeze!!! Apparently the two that they chose, jumped ahead of everyone else. He said he would be really disappointed if there weren't any to freeze, so I hope in a way that's a good sign. I mean, good Lord! I had 16 that fertilized!!!!!
    As far as the grading of the embies went, he said probably an A-, although he said he's not into the whole grading thing. Still made me feel good!!!!!
    I guess for now that's it. Still can't believe we made it this far. I'm doing my best to stay positive and say lots of prayers.
    Will check back in later! Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  10. #1210

    Default

    Hey ladies. Doing my updates from my phone.
    Transfer went good! Two awesome little embies. He said that they were about 80% compacted, which was what he wanted to see. What sucks is that we have no clue how many will freeze!!! Apparently the two that they chose, jumped ahead of everyone else. He said he would be really disappointed if there weren't any to freeze, so I hope in a way that's a good sign. I mean, good Lord! I had 16 that fertilized!!!!!
    As far as the grading of the embies went, he said probably an A-, although he said he's not into the whole grading thing. Still made me feel good!!!!!
    I guess for now that's it. Still can't believe we made it this far. I'm doing my best to stay positive and say lots of prayers.
    Will check back in later! Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  11. #1211

    Default

    P.s. sorry for the duplicate posts. I think its because I'm on my phone!!!
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  12. #1212

    Default

    Monica- thank you! I am ready to get it going too! I know the time will go fast.

    Bailie- we arent going to leave you at all! We will all walk through ivf with you just as you walked through it with all of us! I know waiting is SO hard!
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

  13. #1213

    Default

    YAY Jodi!! That is awesome! Love and prayers for your little embies!!

  14. #1214

    Default

    Jodi that is fabulous news! I am so happy for you! Curl up and try to relax and enjoy these first days of being knocked up!
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

  15. #1215
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rural Nevada
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Thanks Janie it means a lot to hear that

    Jodi YAYAYAYAYAY!! now for the longest 2 weeks ever!! I am soo hopeful for you..hope you have lots of good books to read over the next 3 days
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

  16. #1216

    Default

    Jodi - Congrats. Now you get to sit back and relax. I say the same thing that I said to Monica. Make yourself nice and busy, after bed rest of course. Lots of coffee dates, crap your not supposed to have coffee now huh. OK dates for smoothies, walks, gardening, work, whatever helps the time pass.

    Janie - where are you at in the process?

    Bailie - I will keep in the group. I am worried about that too.

    AFM - apparently the blood work was good a little lower than they'd like so I'm at 300 units of Gonal-f now along with the lupron and some HCG additive because the gonal doesn't have it. That's right ladies... 3 shots a night. Did anyone else have to go up in their meds? I just realized I'm giving my shots lower, like maybe along the panty line. Does that sound right or does it matter as long as it's in the lower belly region?

  17. #1217

    Default

    Nic - I had to do 3 shots a night too. I did the lupron, gonal-f and low-dose hCG also. I don't know if it matters exactly where you give them, but my doc said an inch or so away from the belly button. That may be just because there is more subcutaneous fat there. I didn't have to go up on my meds, I actually had to go down on them. I started at 300, then later got decreased to 225, then later decreased to 187.5 (weird number, I know). I did get some mild OHSS for a couple days after retrieval, so I'm glad they had decreased it. I wouldn't worry about them increasing it, though. That is why they do that labwork, so they know what your body is doing so they can adjust your meds. Wishing you the best!!!

  18. #1218

    Default

    I started out with 175 of follistim and 75 of menopur. Did that for a few days just to make sure I wasn't going crazy with follicles and risking hyper stim. Once I was in the clear, he bumped me up to 225 of follistim and 150 of menopur. Once we knew that was working I took the ganirellex shot to make sure ovulation didn't happen to soon. We did the follistim/menopur at 6:00 every night, then the ganirellex at 10:00 on the dot. I always did mine around the lower belly too. I'm sure they told you to switch sides every day! And like Monica said.... that's why they do blood work and ultra sounds all the time. Gotta see where everything is at! Keep your chin up girl. You're doing great!!!
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  19. #1219

    Default

    Bailie... just wanted to give you a shout out! We will always stalk you no matter where you are at, just as you've done with us. I feel your pain, I truly do. You're excited for everyone but sad for yourself at the same time. You're time is coming.... just like mine did, just like Monica's did, same with Nic and Janie. I promise you. All of the sudden, its going to be here and go by so fast you'll be thinking WTF did I get myself into??? Thank you for your support. And please know that ill be there every step of the way for you.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  20. #1220

    Default

    WTF did I get myself into sums it up great. I agree, Bailie, your time will be here soon and once it does it will go by fast. I look back and can't believe how fast 4 years went by. I would have thought we'd be done with this process by now. Hang in girlie.

    OK some questions. This **** internet is freaking me out so I'm gonna have to get off. I was just reading you shouldn't be doing any hard exercise like lifting or running, both of which I like to do and was really hoping to kick into high gear 'cause I"m hoping I'll be unable to do those things shortly. They, Stanford page, said it can cause the ovaries to twist when they get big. Anyone been told not to run/lift when doing stims? Also my blood work today was all I do until Friday. Does that seem too long in between? Should I ask for another check or just go with it? Thanks for the help.

  21. #1221

    Default

    So...am I crazy or are these forums not exclusively for members anymore? It seems like now anyone can come in and read them. It took me straight in here without logging in. I realllllyyyyy don't like that and will probably stop posting much in here. You all can always PM me though!

  22. #1222

    Default

    Monica- I'm on my phone and the exact same thing happened. Although when I went to post, it made me log in. Weird! Hopefully its a cliche that they will fix.
    Nic- I would still workout while you can. As your follicles grow and get bigger you will want to take it easy. They didn't tell me to stop all together, but take it easy after awhile. You'll know too because you'll probably start cramping. At least I did. Talk to your doctor first... I read the exact same things. I think the twisting of the ovaries is rare. Definitely be careful of ab exercises.
    I'm not sure what to say on the blood work... I had mine everyday. I would definitely call though!!! To my understanding its important to see where those hormone levels are at every day. Of course every clinic is different and has their own recipe of what works.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  23. #1223

    Default

    Monica- I'm on my phone and the exact same thing happened. Although when I went to post, it made me log in. Weird! Hopefully its a cliche that they will fix.
    Nic- I would still workout while you can. As your follicles grow and get bigger you will want to take it easy. They didn't tell me to stop all together, but take it easy after awhile. You'll know too because you'll probably start cramping. At least I did. Talk to your doctor first... I read the exact same things. I think the twisting of the ovaries is rare. Definitely be careful of ab exercises.
    I'm not sure what to say on the blood work... I had mine everyday. I would definitely call though!!! To my understanding its important to see where those hormone levels are at every day. Of course every clinic is different and has their own recipe of what works.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  24. #1224

    Default

    Hi all, Same thing for me this morning too. I was able to get to forums without logging in but had to log to post. I remember a long time ago being able to follow groups without being a member and then that stopped and you had to be a member. Maybe they'll go back and fix it. Who could you write to about the concern? For the most part no one knows who anyone is. Hope that helps. I'd hate to see us break apart. You have all been such help and most of us are still gonna need the support.

  25. #1225

    Default

    Nic- I too was doing three shots a night. I did my lupron in my thigh and my follistim and menapur in my tummy. I just made sure they were like an inch away from my belly button like Jodi said. My tummy got pretty bruised but my thigh held up pretty good. As far as activity level I would agree with Jodi and talk with your dr, but as you get further you will probably want to take it easy. I had an u/s and bw done every other day and then every day at the end. If you aren't comforatble with it than definitely call and ask. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with what they are deciding for your body! To answer your question I am starting lupron on the 26th and that will begin my FET. As of now it is scheduled for July 21st! I am very excited but super nervous!

    Jodi- Hows bed rest? I am praying for you!

    Monica- I am anxiously awaiting thursday! If they don't get this issue fixed on APA then you have to PM us and let us know what happens. I completely understand not wanting to post with everyone able to read.

    Bailie- I am still praying for a phone call for you!!!
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

  26. #1226
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rural Nevada
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNG View Post
    WTF did I get myself into sums it up great. I agree, Bailie, your time will be here soon and once it does it will go by fast. I look back and can't believe how fast 4 years went by. I would have thought we'd be done with this process by now. Hang in girlie.

    OK some questions. This **** internet is freaking me out so I'm gonna have to get off. I was just reading you shouldn't be doing any hard exercise like lifting or running, both of which I like to do and was really hoping to kick into high gear 'cause I"m hoping I'll be unable to do those things shortly. They, Stanford page, said it can cause the ovaries to twist when they get big. Anyone been told not to run/lift when doing stims? Also my blood work today was all I do until Friday. Does that seem too long in between? Should I ask for another check or just go with it? Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad1979 View Post
    Bailie... just wanted to give you a shout out! We will always stalk you no matter where you are at, just as you've done with us. I feel your pain, I truly do. You're excited for everyone but sad for yourself at the same time. You're time is coming.... just like mine did, just like Monica's did, same with Nic and Janie. I promise you. All of the sudden, its going to be here and go by so fast you'll be thinking WTF did I get myself into??? Thank you for your support. And please know that ill be there every step of the way for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by janieleigh501 View Post
    Nic- I too was doing three shots a night. I did my lupron in my thigh and my follistim and menapur in my tummy. I just made sure they were like an inch away from my belly button like Jodi said. My tummy got pretty bruised but my thigh held up pretty good. As far as activity level I would agree with Jodi and talk with your dr, but as you get further you will probably want to take it easy. I had an u/s and bw done every other day and then every day at the end. If you aren't comforatble with it than definitely call and ask. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with what they are deciding for your body! To answer your question I am starting lupron on the 26th and that will begin my FET. As of now it is scheduled for July 21st! I am very excited but super nervous!

    Jodi- Hows bed rest? I am praying for you!

    Monica- I am anxiously awaiting thursday! If they don't get this issue fixed on APA then you have to PM us and let us know what happens. I completely understand not wanting to post with everyone able to read.

    Bailie- I am still praying for a phone call for you!!!
    I really don't like that anyone can read this. I know I have a blog and I am pretty open about it but still there are some things I would like to keep between us ya know? So how about PMs? or FB messages that way we could all see what everyone is writing?? or email even? I don't want to lose this outlet.

    And thank you all so very much for the reassurance. You mean so much to me and I can't wait for all your prayers to be answered.
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

  27. #1227

    Default

    Who do we write to to get this thing private again???
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  28. #1228

    Default

    I agree too about everyone reading. It doesn't take much for someone to register and then be able to read, but it does feel a little more exposing for such a sensitive issue. OK. Totally outing myself here but what's PM? I don't have facebook, protesting it I guess. Even if I did do FB which I would be willing to entertain... I have not shared this process with my friends and they would be able to see it there. I think email is a great idea. We could communicate that way and know it's more private.

  29. #1229

    Default

    The APA president made a post in the regular TTC room about the boards being public again. Would have been nice if it was posted here in the STC room as well. At least we would have known!!! Totally annoying if you ask me.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

  30. #1230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNG View Post
    I agree too about everyone reading. It doesn't take much for someone to register and then be able to read, but it does feel a little more exposing for such a sensitive issue. OK. Totally outing myself here but what's PM? I don't have facebook, protesting it I guess. Even if I did do FB which I would be willing to entertain... I have not shared this process with my friends and they would be able to see it there. I think email is a great idea. We could communicate that way and know it's more private.
    PM is sending someone a private message on here. If you click on someone's log in name, you can see where it says "send private message". I protested FB for a long time too!
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •