Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF - Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    I just love seeing that line get darker, Rhonda! I just have a big smile on my face because you deserve this so much! You've waited so long for this, and I'm so glad your dream is coming true!!!
    Thanks Heather! I am still a bit nervous just because it is so early and we don't have beta results or ultrasounds yet, but I'm sure in a few weeks I will be more relaxed and get much more excited. I really look forward to EVERYTHING including my OB visits.

I just read your blog with all your updated appointments, ultrasounds & belly pics. Loved it all!! I am so happy for you and I know you are a very happy pregnant mamma-to-be! I think I will do a blog myself. I have had such a long journey to this pregnancy and I don't want to miss a thing. I started a journal on Baby Center and I'm thinking I want the journal to be handwritten instead, but I would love to do a full blog with dated entries and pictures. Hope I can find the time...
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Rhonda, did you test again today? I did for like 2 weeks straight, and intermittently after that! LOL! Any word if they will do the beta tomorrow? Can't wait to find out!!
    Last edited by rss73; 08-24-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Rhonda, I am so happy I peeked in today. Congratulations! I am so happy for you! God bless you and your new little one to be. KIT.

PS: what happened to our thread? Jeeze... I haven't been on for a week and it is gone!

Congrats Rhonda!! I am so happy for you!!

sobeit - wow a fait line congrats girl... so happy for you dear.

nostoppingme - well that was a nice praise I'd say and well deserved this little baby is now settling in and I am so overjoyed for you and your family... Praise the Lord for His miracles and blessings.

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Rhonda! Congratulations cycle buddy . I am so over the moon for you, you have waited so long and you totally deserve this! Brilliant .

And for me:

I tested and. . .

I think I'm pregnant! The line is very pale. . . but it is definitely there. And its darker this morning than last night's test. I have trouble believing it, I keep thinking "but these sticks only ever show one line" . I'm in too much disbelief and too nervous to be properly excited yet. But wow!

Ali, DH, SÝren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourou View Post
    Rhonda! Congratulations cycle buddy . I am so over the moon for you, you have waited so long and you totally deserve this! Brilliant .

And for me:

I tested and. . .

I think I'm pregnant! The line is very pale. . . but it is definitely there. And its darker this morning than last night's test. I have trouble believing it, I keep thinking "but these sticks only ever show one line" . I'm in too much disbelief and too nervous to be properly excited yet. But wow!
    YEEEEESSSSS!!! Woo Hoo!!! I am so thrilled you got a line...faint or not, a line is a line!!!! Beta is still Friday like me, right? Wow is right!! CONGRATS MAMMA...you did it!!! Can't wait to see how our beta's go!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Rhonda, did you test again today? I did for like 2 weeks straight, and intermittently after that! LOL! Any word if they will do the beta tomorrow? Can't wait to find out!!
    Sticking with Friday sweetie! Both RE's said Friday is early enough for a beta and it is better to evaluate how the pregnancy compares with that timing (post transfer). I think it is pretty standard to have beta 15-16 days post retrieval, so I don't want to rock the boat by going at 13 days post retrieval if that is too soon. As for my IVIG I'm told I have enough gammagard in my system for now and as long as the beta is normal no need to go sooner than my 9/9 appt. I am praying for a strong beta on Friday. I am actually relieved it is Friday because if I did it tomorrow and the number was less than 80 I know me...I would probably get concerned. Friday will be exactly 15 days after retrieval and 12dp3dt and I am hoping my beta shows a number between 150-300! I know, I'm reaching for the stars! My 2nd beta is not until 3 days later on a Monday (labs are not open on the weekend). However, I'm a smart cookie and I will know if it is doubling or tripling in the 36-48 hour period when I get my number (after a few minor calculations for the added day) ...all is good, no stress!

I did my 3rd test this morning and it looked like yesterday's test, didn't get darker, but still a good line. I was a bit disappointed, but I don't want to obsess and cause myself to worry over stuff like that so I decided to not buy anymore HPT's. I'm good with my 3 tests and just wait on beta now. DH is cooking dinner because he has recognized I've overdone it with grocery shopping and light household duty since Saturday. I told him if he were a bit more proactive I might not be so quick to do normal stuff. I hate dirty...messy...so I can't help myself. Try to do better...rest & relaxation today when I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Rhonda, I am so happy I peeked in today. Congratulations! I am so happy for you! God bless you and your new little one to be. KIT.

PS: what happened to our thread? Jeeze... I haven't been on for a week and it is gone!
    Thanks sweetie...we missed ya!!! Glad your back!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen1169 View Post
    Congrats Rhonda!! I am so happy for you!!
    Awww, thanks Kristen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    nostoppingme - well that was a nice praise I'd say and well deserved this little baby is now settling in and I am so overjoyed for you and your family... Praise the Lord for His miracles and blessings.

Helene
    Thank you Helene...this is truly a miracle for us!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 08-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

And for me:

I tested and. . .

Oh my! That's so awesome! So happy for you and your husband! Looks like all that awful wait paid off!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Thank you Jesus for blessing our family.
    At 4:58am I went to POAS because I tossed and turned all night long. At 5:01 I saw a faint line across the First Response Early Detection HPT. I have waited so long to see that line...no matter how faint, make no mistake, the line is there!

One week ago today at 11am we transferred two beautiful day 3 embryos. We are at 7dp3dt. I knew for the past two days that I was pregnant. I worried that it was too soon to test, but I am so grateful for the reassurance this morning.
    Rhonda, I asked my nurse to help me prompt up the computer because I had to check in on you. Iíve been thinking of you always and praying for a BFP. God has answered our prayers and has blessed you with this pregnancy. I canít think of anyone more deserving than you. I am absolutely elated to read your post and see your pictures. Iíll continue to pray for you and your LO. Iím going to try to log in more often. You have always been there for me, and I hope I can be there for you too. Iím sending you all of the love and positive energy I can.
    Love you!
    Mayra
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

Rhonda - I think a blog is a great idea! I'm so glad I started one. It's not only a great way to keep everyone informed, but I like doing it for ME too! Thanks for reading up on Liam - I am definitely one joyful pregnant lady, as I know you are too!!! If you do start a blog you'll have to let us know so we can stalk you there too!

Default yea Rhonda!

that is awesome! finally got my computer going and had to check here right away!

hope all progresses nicely and that u are healthy!

due date? i took the donor's retrieval date as 'ovulation' and counted back 2 weeks and calculated from there. was exactly on target with the u/s i got around 7 weeks.

wow! congrats!

And for me:

I tested and. . .

Amazing news!!!! KUP on your testing, but it sounds like you've got a sticky bean in there, Mama!!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

I tested and. . .

CONGRATULATIONS, Mama!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post
    Rhonda, I asked my nurse to help me prompt up the computer because I had to check in on you. Iíve been thinking of you always and praying for a BFP. God has answered our prayers and has blessed you with this pregnancy. I canít think of anyone more deserving than you. I am absolutely elated to read your post and see your pictures. Iíll continue to pray for you and your LO. Iím going to try to log in more often. You have always been there for me, and I hope I can be there for you too. Iím sending you all of the love and positive energy I can.
    Love you!
    Mayra
    OMG girlie!! You scared the bejeezus out of me!!! I was soo worried about you even though I knew things were probably ok and you just couldn't get on the computer at the hospital. How are you??? I will have to look for your updates. Thanks for checking on me, but I'm more concerned about your situation from day to day!

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    Rhonda - I think a blog is a great idea! I'm so glad I started one. It's not only a great way to keep everyone informed, but I like doing it for ME too! Thanks for reading up on Liam - I am definitely one joyful pregnant lady, as I know you are too!!! If you do start a blog you'll have to let us know so we can stalk you there too!
    Well, I went ahead and started my blog, but all I put in there was the "About" section so far. That was actually emotionally exhausting because my blog is about our overall journey. When I start actually blogging on this pregnancy, I will share the site with everyone...I promise! I will enjoy keeping up with Liam via your blog.

Quote Originally Posted by sobeit33 View Post
    that is awesome! finally got my computer going and had to check here right away!

hope all progresses nicely and that u are healthy!

due date? i took the donor's retrieval date as 'ovulation' and counted back 2 weeks and calculated from there. was exactly on target with the u/s i got around 7 weeks.

wow! congrats!
    Thanks so much!!! I calculated 5/5/2011
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Rhonda, Just had to come in here and let you know how much I have been thinking about you. I thanked God that He has been with all of us but you have been our "mother hen" always concerned with everyone else and so selfless never self pitiying (sp??) and I truly believe that this child will be more than a blessing :-) Cant wait to see you get huge hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by gerbeme View Post
    Rhonda, Just had to come in here and let you know how much I have been thinking about you. I thanked God that He has been with all of us but you have been our "mother hen" always concerned with everyone else and so selfless never self pitiying (sp??) and I truly believe that this child will be more than a blessing :-) Cant wait to see you get huge hahaha
    Thanks Mel...it does my heart good knowing my old friends are still out there thinking about me and sharing in our awesome news. God is good sister-friend! I think He made me the "mother hen" of IVF Sisters for a very special reason....to allow myself to be selfless and put others needs before my own, but also continuing to have enough faith and seeking answers from Him in prayer regarding our journey...without any real expectations. I started my journey already a mother and I knew many of my sisters did not have that same luxury. Dealing with secondary infertility is different than what many of my sisters were dealing with and I almost felt guilty at times or out of place. I wanted all of you to experience motherhood so badly that it became my priority and has been ever since. Though my desires to experience motherhood again was strong, I knew there were others in shoes I couldn't imagine being in. I never doubted that one day we would have success, but my clock was ticking and finances were being depleted and it became hard to imagine we would get our BFP by our most desired option...using my own eggs. I however am very strong willed and believe in exhausting all opportunities before moving to another solution. I had of course considered we may resort to using donor eggs or moving to adoption, but I had to be sure we did everything humanly possible within our abilities before switching gears. Now that I look back, I think I understand why He made this road so easy for us...it forced me to let go of control an trust in Him...and actually rely on another person to help us achieve our dream. I had to let go of being responsible for creating this baby and that was hard for me. I have such high expectations of myself in all aspects of life and this has been a learning experience and I now know I don't have to be the one always carrying the torch...I can let others do it for me (my lovely donor who I am forever grateful to eternity). I give all praise to God for opening my heart to the possibilities and being patient with me.
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Sticking with Friday sweetie! Both RE's said Friday is early enough for a beta and it is better to evaluate how the pregnancy compares with that timing (post transfer). I think it is pretty standard to have beta 15-16 days post retrieval, so I don't want to rock the boat by going at 13 days post retrieval if that is too soon. As for my IVIG I'm told I have enough gammagard in my system for now and as long as the beta is normal no need to go sooner than my 9/9 appt. I am praying for a strong beta on Friday. I am actually relieved it is Friday because if I did it tomorrow and the number was less than 80 I know me...I would probably get concerned. Friday will be exactly 15 days after retrieval and 12dp3dt and I am hoping my beta shows a number between 150-300! I know, I'm reaching for the stars! My 2nd beta is not until 3 days later on a Monday (labs are not open on the weekend). However, I'm a smart cookie and I will know if it is doubling or tripling in the 36-48 hour period when I get my number (after a few minor calculations for the added day) ...all is good, no stress!

I did my 3rd test this morning and it looked like yesterday's test, didn't get darker, but still a good line. I was a bit disappointed, but I don't want to obsess and cause myself to worry over stuff like that so I decided to not buy anymore HPT's. I'm good with my 3 tests and just wait on beta now. DH is cooking dinner because he has recognized I've overdone it with grocery shopping and light household duty since Saturday. I told him if he were a bit more proactive I might not be so quick to do normal stuff. I hate dirty...messy...so I can't help myself. Try to do better...rest & relaxation today when I get home from work.
    Well, I for one can't wait til Friday!! And then for your first u/s!! And they say the 2ww is long!!!

On my 3rd day test I swear it was slightly lighter than the 2nd day and I was freaking out (started crying, etc)..it was just the test, though, thankfully!! Don't let it get to you.

Definitely take it easy as best you can, though!! You need to keep those embabies warm and cozy and now is the time to go lazy! My DH stepped up to the plate in a big way, which I'm loving. I even got him on shower and toilet cleaning duties!! Because, you know, I shouldn't be so close to cleaning agents.

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Well, I for one can't wait til Friday!! And then for your first u/s!! And they say the 2ww is long!!!

On my 3rd day test I swear it was slightly lighter than the 2nd day and I was freaking out (started crying, etc)..it was just the test, though, thankfully!! Don't let it get to you.

Definitely take it easy as best you can, though!! You need to keep those embabies warm and cozy and now is the time to go lazy! My DH stepped up to the plate in a big way, which I'm loving. I even got him on shower and toilet cleaning duties!! Because, you know, I shouldn't be so close to cleaning agents.
    You are one smart cookie! I need to put DH on bathroom duty! Good idea. I didn't cry when the 3rd test didn't darken, but I was disappointed and realized I needed to leave the sticks alone at that point. I knew when I woke up my bladder wasn't nearly as full as it normally is and wonder if that had something to do with it. Anyway, done with the sticks and looking forward to my beta in 2 more days...less really since today is close to an end!

Seriously though, I do need to just keep my embabies as a priority as they develop and just make sure I am careful about everything I do. DH said to me last night that I should avoid stairs because I know how clumsy I can be. I guess he's right...I get careless because I get so busy and try to do so much. HOWEVER, with my energy level lately, he doesn't have to worry about that. I think I cooked only twice in a week and loaded the dishwasher twice. I washed one load of clothes for myself to get through another work week, but he and DD are doing their own laundry so I don't have to worry about them.

Ok, my real issue right now is the d*** PIO's. Girls, no lie, I have bruises and knots on both buttocks and there really isn't anywhere to inject and still hit muscle. I did my thigh one night, but my muscle was sore for 2 days and I worry whether the progesterone is as absorbed if I inject somewhere other than my booty! I hate...absolutlely hate...calling IVF nurse because she thinks I'm an obsesser about everything and probably cringes with my calls. Being so close to beta day, she will think I'm trying to get an early beta or get out of my shots. I seriously don't know that DH will find a spot to inject tonight it's that bad. Ughhh!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Just hung up with IVF nurse and she said to move to my thighs for a few days and that is perfectly fine! LOL
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Rhonda, are u getting weekly progesterone and estrogen levels? i had to do this for first trimester, then placenta took over...

Quote Originally Posted by sobeit33 View Post
    Rhonda, are u getting weekly progesterone and estrogen levels? i had to do this for first trimester, then placenta took over...
    Yes sweetie! Had it checked last week Wednesday and my levels were great. No changes in protocol...continued patches & PIO shots. It will be rechecked on Friday along with the beta. Hopefully my levels are still good. I am relieved to know my thighs are an option, but I really hate to do the shots there because it feels weird to walk afterwards. I will do what I have to do though to keep this pregnancy healthy, just have to complain a teeny itsy bit. I am looking forward to giving my butt a break on a side note!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Thank you all for the congratulations and support . Aiyee, beta tomorrow, excited and nervous!

Rhonda, sorry your bum is getting so sore! I'll have to remember that next I am whinging about how slimy sticky and disgusting the prog is vaginally. All for a good cause though right?

Anyone heard from 32ellah? She must be not too far away from testing.

And we must have a couple of ladies getting ready to start! Good luck to you

Ali, DH, SÝren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Thank you all for the congratulations and support . Aiyee, beta tomorrow, excited and nervous!

Rhonda, sorry your bum is getting so sore! I'll have to remember that next I am whinging about how slimy sticky and disgusting the prog is vaginally. All for a good cause though right?

Anyone heard from 32ellah? She must be not too far away from testing.

And we must have a couple of ladies getting ready to start! Good luck to you
    YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!! Tomorrow we get our OFFICIAL BFP from our beta's! I'm sooo excited I can't stand it! I guess I'm still a bit nervous because those tests have haunted me in the past...but so have the HPTs and since that went well I am excited and nervous! How are you feeling??? Any changes or symptoms?

32ellah's beta is Tuesday 8/31. She's been quiet for a few days now. Probably doing what you did and stepping back a bit so she doesn't obsess during the 2ww. Not really sure, but I hope all is ok with her. I can't wait to hear how she feels and whether she will POAS before beta.
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Just checking in to say

Off to a good start.

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Just checking in to say

Off to a good start.
    Got my that this is YOUR cycle!!! Good luck and lots of coming your way!!!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-08-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Just checking in to say

Off to a good start.
    Yeah! and KUP!!!

Ali & Rhonda - Good luck with the betas today!!!! for big numbers.

GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see those numbers!

But now let me just add my little opinion in, my numbers were not over the moon. In fact, I thought I was just pg with one and the doctor said my numbers showed that as well. In fact my numbers JUST showed that I was pregnant with one and I now have 2 beautiful boys so numbers are important but don't stress over them either!

Go Rhonda!!! Cannot wait for your beta results. I say TWINS!!!! good luck today momma. Praying for you.