Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1344

Thread: IVF - Sisters

RE's office called and my estradiol was 250 (or something like that) which is good. They want it greater than 50, and ideally between 150-300. So I am going down a little on my Gonal-F from 300units to 225 units. I was sooo nervous they were going to call and say I wasn't responding...so this is good news! YAY!

Hope all is well with everyone!!
    Last edited by mmd08d; 06-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd08d View Post
    RE's office called and my estradiol was 250 (or something like that) which is good. They want it greater than 50, and ideally between 150-300. So I am going down a little on my Gonal-F from 300units to 225 units. I was sooo nervous they were going to call and say I wasn't responding...so this is good news! YAY!

Now SIL and I are going to the grocery store, and then a massage. Yippee!

Hope all is well with everyone!!
    Yay! So glad that it's going well and everything seems normal!
    I'm getting so excited to start all of mine this weekend! I'm almost giddy. Better than being freaked out and stressed to the max!!! Enjoy your massage and being in Colorado. We will definitely have to plan to meet when you're here next time! All of us TTC girls.
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

Yeah Monica! That is awesome news. Im sure you will continue to respond great. Hope the weather clears up here for you! Enjoy your message.
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

Quote Originally Posted by janieleigh501 View Post
    Yeah Monica! That is awesome news. Im sure you will continue to respond great. Hope the weather clears up here for you! Enjoy your message.
    Thanks, Janie!!
    Last edited by mmd08d; 06-14-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Monica- I am impressed that you were able to keep it all a secret! Nice work . When do you go for your first follicle count U/S? Maybe a nap is in order today!

I feel like a complete turd my last post didn't post.
    Monica:glad you are home safe and sound and that you had a nice time. When is your next apt for follie check etc..
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

I did end up having a nap today! I slept for 4 hours!! I needed it. I think I need more. Ha!

I go for my blood work and follie check tomorrow at 0730am. That is one heck of an early day. I'm excited though, but nervously excited.

How is everyone else? Anything going on?

PS - Bailie - I LOVE your most recent blog post. It is sooo true and it has been my difficult spot as well. I am working really hard on trusting and faith. I've come a long way, but I have a long way to go!
    Last edited by mmd08d; 05-26-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Blood work and follie check are good!

My E2 is 1077 and my progesterone is 1.3. The nurse said those numbers are good for where I am in the process. I stay on 225 units of gonal-f tonight and tomorrow night, then I drop to 187.5 units of gonal-f on Sunday night, with another blood draw and u/s on Monday morning.

On today's u/s I had lots of follies (more than 20) and they ranged in size from 6mm - 14mm. Most of them were around 8mm-10mm. I can't believe it has happened so fast. I'm going to be going in for my ER next week!!

ETA: Jodi - where are you?! Don't you start stims on Sat? I can't wait to hear how it goes!
    Last edited by mmd08d; 05-27-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Monica that is fantastic! I am so very excited for you! You are going to be pregnant before you know it. Sounds like things are going just the way they should be. The retrieval is not that bad, just a little sore afterwards. I actually felt kinda better cause they aspirated all those follicles so my ovaries didnt feel so huge! Keep us updated. I am praying for you!

Bailie- I read your blog and I really loved it! I love your honesty and transparency. Keep writing girl! You never know who all you will touch!

Jodi- good luck with the stims tomorrow night! Hope you are doing well!

Ladies - started dex this morning and did both shots tonight ON MY OWN. Can I get an AMEN? I did have a glass of liquid courage. Actually only a half glass. Did both shots, then had a few more glasses. Figured I might as well do it now, right? Follistim wasn't bad at all. The needle from the menopur hurt a little worse, but nothing I can't handle!!! I saw a few of you liked my post from facebook - thank you! You knew exactly what I was talking about!!!
    Hope you guys are doing well. Where's everyone at???

Jodi I've been thinking about you! I'm so glad to see an update! Don't worry - the shots get easier to do. By the 3rd or 4th night you probably won't need liquid courage at all. Ha! Sometimes they sting a little, but it is totally doable. You're going to do great!

I am on day 8 of stims, and to be honest, I am so BLOATED I can't stand it. TMI, but I just wish I could go to the bathroom...

Jodi I've been thinking about you! I'm so glad to see an update! Don't worry - the shots get easier to do. By the 3rd or 4th night you probably won't need liquid courage at all. Ha! Sometimes they sting a little, but it is totally doable. You're going to do great!

I am on day 8 of stims, and to be honest, I am so BLOATED I can't stand it. TMI, but I just wish I could go to the bathroom...
    You know, I thought the follistim would sting more because it did when I was going through with the IUI. The menopur stung more this time! That's ok though!
    So, tell me again - you're on gonal F, right? What else? We are taking different drugs, but they all do the same thing, so I was just curious. It always makes me wonder why some docs use one drug and some use another when they're supposed to do the same thing!
    I'm still excited but getting a little nervous.... I keep having that nagging thought - "what if it doesn't implant?" I HATE that it keeps slipping into my mind. Do you have that thought and what do you do to ignore it?

I remember being bloated too! I HATED that feeling and that's what I'm SOOO not looking forward to! In the begninning it's ok - you don't notice it. But towards the end, watch out! I can only imagine how bad I'm going to feel considering how many more drugs I'm on now! With the IUI, it was only follistim! We have a lot more going on with this situation huh? I'm glad you're hanging in there too, and I hope you start to feel better! Can you take some extra fiber or something like that? Maybe that will help relieve the feeling some???
    Keep me posted on EVERYTHING and I'll do the same!

Janie and Bailie - how are you two doing???

Hey ladies seems like everyone is on their way. It's totally exciting. So is it bad to drink with these meds? Don't get me wrong I don't NEED to drink but I sure do enjoy a good glass of wine. What is it that is making people feel bloated? Is it the stim meds? Also do you all have progesterone as part of your protocol? I start daily shots of leuprolide tomorrow.

How long do people generally have to take stims until it's time for ER?

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend.

Way to go Bailie! The menopur stung worse for me too. They told me to push it real slow and that seemed to help a bit. As far as the nagging feeling, I think that is SO normal... BUT dont believe it for one moment! There is no reason that it wouldnt work, so just keep the faith. One day at a time.

Monica I totally undersrand the bloatedness! As for the bathroom issue try this tea called smooth move... Great name huh! They recommended it to my husband when he was going through chemo and I used it this past cycle and it helped. Just hold on a bit longer, you are almost at retrieval! Then you will have those precious embies transferred!

Nic- the bloating is generally from all the meds and your ovaries being like 10 times their normal size. A lot of protocols include a steriod which also doesnt help! Progesterone is given after retrieval and I have always heard of people using ot so I would assume its a part of the majority of clinics protocol. My clinic said around 10 days of stims and I believe I did exactly that with this past ivf. Good luck on your lupron! Keep us posted

Hope all you girls are having a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by SNG View Post
    Hey ladies seems like everyone is on their way. It's totally exciting. So is it bad to drink with these meds? Don't get me wrong I don't NEED to drink but I sure do enjoy a good glass of wine. What is it that is making people feel bloated? Is it the stim meds? Also do you all have progesterone as part of your protocol? I start daily shots of leuprolide tomorrow.

How long do people generally have to take stims until it's time for ER?

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend.
    I really don't know if it's bad to drink with the meds or not. I haven't been drinking a lot lately at all, except for Saturday night when I needed my liquid courage! I would ask your doc. I'm sure they will tell you a few glasses of wine now and then until the trasnfer isn't going to harm anything.

I started taking meds on Saturday, go this whole week and then next week is when I'll have my retrieval. I think it kind of depends on how your body responds!

Good luck!

[QUOTE=Toad1979;1058251470]You know, I thought the follistim would sting more because it did when I was going through with the IUI. The menopur stung more this time! That's ok though!
    So, tell me again - you're on gonal F, right? What else? We are taking different drugs, but they all do the same thing, so I was just curious. It always makes me wonder why some docs use one drug and some use another when they're supposed to do the same thing!
    I'm still excited but getting a little nervous.... I keep having that nagging thought - "what if it doesn't implant?" I HATE that it keeps slipping into my mind. Do you have that thought and what do you do to ignore it?

Jodi, know what you mean about the nagging thoughts in your head. I have a million of them all the time. For the most part I am feeling positive lately because I'm getting excited, but I totally have bad thoughts too. I find myself saying what if they don't implant, what if this doesn't work, etc. Especially because this is not pocket change for us. In fact this will be our only shot at IVF. So much pressure. I guess I just keep trying to think of the good stats and how this just has to be our time. I try to keep myself busy and think about all the good things to come either way. Easier said than done though and I'm scared about the outcome. I think the thoughts are perfectly normal and a way of staying grounded. One day at a time, one shot at a time, and know that I totally understand where your coming from.
    Nic

Hey guys! Had my first u/s and blood work today (since starting stims). Estradiol was 137 and prog was 0.44. She said it's totally normal I guess! I had 10 eggs on one ovary and at least 7-10 on the other. He said that these were the ones he could "see" at this point. So, does that mean I'm going to be producing more? I know I'm so early on at this point!
    Because I have such an abundance of eggs (hence the diagnosis of PCOS), he's still concerned about over stimulation. I'm really trying not to freak out about that. There's nothing I can do, and I trust him completely to know what's right. But still..... He's mentioned it every time I've been in there! Oh well.
    I do feel a little bloated, but I also think that's because I've drank more this weekend than I have in a LONG time. A few beers the past few nights which isn't a bg deal, but because I've been avoiding gluten, it's KILLING me! It's amazing how it changes your whole digestion, you know?
    I really didn't care though cause I wanted to enjoy the holiday weekend!
    How's everyone else doing? Monica-are you close to retrieval? I know you're almost a week ahead of me, correct? I'm praying it all goes PERFECT for you!!!

Jodi it sounds like a great appointment! I don't know about how many you should be producing at this point, but I know that I had day 3 labwork done and my estradiol was 215 or 250 or something like that. I had over 20 follies too, and I don't have a PCOS diagnoses. So it sounds like you're in good shape! My second estradiol was 1077 (day 6 of stims). So far I think you are right on target. Get excited about the bloating (sarcasm). I am so miserably bloated I can't stand it. I have been for several days now. It is awful and BY FAR the worst part of my experience so far. Really the ONLY issue I have dealt with so far is just crazy bloating. Annoying!

AFM - I had my last blood draw and scan today. My estradiol is 3832 and I have greater than 20 follies, most ranging from size 15mm to 18mm. Tonight is my LAST NIGHT of stims (YIPPEE!!) and tomorrow night is my ovidrel shot. Then I go in on Thursday for my retrieval. They are going to call me tomorrow to tell me when to give my ovidrel trigger, and what time my ER is on Thursday. I can't believe it is almost here. It seems like it just flew by. I could use some prayers and encouragement. I am doing my best not to be my typically pessimistic self. LOL!

Jodi- I understand your concern for ohss, especially having pcos. I know my dr said I was at increased risk for it as well since I also have pcos. The good news is there are medications they can give you if they think you might develop it to help prevent fluid accumulation. The other good thing is that they are going to be watching you super close for it! My RE was very concerned before my retrieval because i had 18 follicles on each ovary and my e2 was well over 6000, so he prescribed dostinex and I only had mild ohss. I am sure its concerning to continuisly hear that though. Hang in there girl!

Monica- oh I am praying big time for you! I am so excited for your retrieval. Its going to go great! Please dont get pessimistic now. I know its so hard and emotionally draining, but you have to keep the faith. Everything is going right on track so there is no reason to be discouraged! Just know I am lifting you up on prayer all the time. Hang in there and keep us posted on the details of the retrieval. The bloating will get a bit better come retrieval!

WOW I am soooooo behind! lol

Monica: I am so unbelievable excited for you though I am also admittedly nervous for you! You go right on ahead and let us be nervous for you we don't need you having any negative energy tons and tons of BABYDUST your way this week darlin!

Jodi: Glad that the stims seem to be going well for you so far. I am sorry that you are having to be so worried about OHSS but I hope that like Janie mentioned they will be able to watch you closely enough to prevent it from being a preventitive issue. HUGS what is your estimated retrieval date?

Janie: I trust that everything is on track for your FET in July?? yay! How is everything else going?

Nic: My doc said no drinking at all once I started the stims but I have heard of many other docs saying a couple glasses of wine up until the retrieval is fine. I am not a big drinker anyways but I understand the need for a little liquid courage before shots lol..

AFM: I am just hanging out and holdin on. nothing too exciting happening on my part still waiting to hear on the job and what not and really really hoping for it now more than ever because I had to take myself off of my DHs insurance because we just can't afford it anymore :/ I am doing a lot of praying about it and trying my best to give it all to God.
    And thank you all for the feedback on my blog. I will definitely keep writing
    STC #1 for 5years
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

Okay ladies what do you do to help your DH deal with all of this? does he struggle with it at all? How about romance? obviously there is a period of required abstinance but before and after?

Do people know that you are struggling to any extent even if they don't know you are doing IVF??
    STC #1 for 5years

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!! I appreciate it so much. I am so grateful for the support and I don't know how to even express it to you properly! You all are the best!!

Bailie - I wish I had more of answer on the DH front, but honestly, my DH keeps me sane. He really doesn't struggle with it at all (which I find a bit odd) and just says 'it'll work, and if it doesn't we'll take it from there'. He doesn't seem to stress or worry about it at all. As for abstinence, I don't really know what we're supposed to be doing (or not doing). I know we're supposed to be abstinent from retrieval to the beta, but I'm not sure what about before the ER. They told us he was supposed to ...um...'do his thing' Sunday or Monday night, so we DTD last night. We didn't use protection or anything?! I am a little afraid now that if I do ovulate on my own randomly (which I hope doesn't happen!) we'd be in trouble! My RE's office hasn't been real thorough in telling us when we can and can't DTD. I hope it all ends up fine.

Quite a few people know we struggle, but hardly anyone knows we're doing IVF. DH, myself and my mom know about the IVF, as well as a tiny group of close Christian friends who I asked to pray for me. Other than that, mums the word for us in the IVF department.
    Last edited by mmd08d; 05-31-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.PMAL View Post
    Okay ladies what do you do to help your DH deal with all of this? does he struggle with it at all? How about romance? obviously there is a period of required abstinance but before and after?

Do people know that you are struggling to any extent even if they don't know you are doing IVF??
    You know, my hubby is just like Monica's. He's always telling me not to worry and that it's going to work. In fact, sometimes he gets annoyed with me when I voice my fears, which ticks me off! I'd rather him be like that though - like Monica said - it helps keeps us sane. If I didn't have Tavis (my husband), I would have lost it by now!

There are tons who know of our struggles. I never felt the need to hide it for some reason, and now I wish I would have kept quiet about it. It's almost harder keeping the IVF a secret, you know? A few more people than I'd like know about us doing it, but on the whole it's a pretty small group.

As for romance, Tav never has issues there. I'm the one who has lost some of my drive, but he's very cool about it. Never pressures me or makes me feel guilty - none of that. I laugh at him because in my opinion, he's always horny and ready to go! Typical man though huh?

How are things Bailie? Everything going ok??? Been thinking about you lots!

Thanks ladies. My DH is pretty calm as well and I was a little worried that he was weird because of that. He is stressed about the money part of it but he is really the most calm and patient man I know.

Thanks so much for the input. It makes me feel a little better to think that we aren't in this alone

I am good other than the stress of waiting to hear from my dr and such. I am really really hoping for the go ahead very soon
    STC #1 for 5years

I'm thinking of you Bailie! Love and prayers to you. I hope your doc gets back with you pronto and you guys can formulate a plan.

PS - Keep blogging! I know there are so many out there who need to hear your story. BIG HUGS!

So...we have to be at Same-Day Surgery for the retrieval on Thurs. morning at 7AM! That is fine, except DH has to have his 'sample' to them at 7am also. Um...is it just me, or is getting up at the crack of dawn to create a 'sample' asking a little much?

So...we have to be at Same-Day Surgery for the retrieval on Thurs. morning at 7AM! That is fine, except DH has to have his 'sample' to them at 7am also. Um...is it just me, or is getting up at the crack of dawn to create a 'sample' asking a little much?
    Well lets hope he can 'perform on command' at that very early hour! lol
    But seriously sooooooooooo excited for you! If it didn't feel real before it has to now! YAY
    STC #1 for 5years

YAHOO Monica!!! I can hardly wait to hear the awesome details of the retrieval! I hope that you get some relief from the bloating afterwards. I know that is the worst! Just think in 7 days you are going to have your babies back in you! I am sending HUGE hugs and saying lots of prayers for you.