Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1336

Thread: IVF - Sisters

AFM- I am on BCP right now... Ughhh I hate them! But if that allows me to do my FET in July than bring them on! Oh also, I just wanted to ask if my signiture bothers anyone? I totally understand if it does and I will change it. I had kinda felt like maybe it would be an inspiration since my little girl was my IVF baby. I TOTALLY understand though if it is offensive or hard to see. Please let me know![/QUOTE]

I wanted to tell you yesterday, but didn't get the chance to reply. Your ticker has never and will never bother me! I love seeing it - gives me hope and that's what we all need. BIG BIG to you!
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

I'm glad that your appointment went well Jodi! Yay!!! What did they tell you about WHERE to give the shots? I'm a nurse, so they just brushed right thru it with me. I have been giving them in my tummy, which is fine, but I'd rather find another spot as my tummy is getting really banged up! What all meds are you taking??
    Last edited by mmd08d; 06-14-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Just FYI I will be totally jealous if you two ladies get to meet in person But have a great time in CO Monica

Jodi: just waiting on the new RE to give me a call after she reviews all my records and such and then hopefully we will be doing a cycle June-July..if I get the job at BofA that would be AMAZING to have coverage for some treatments! I would be ecstatic and truth be told that is half the reason I applied for the job..and really full benefits at 20hrs per week is great!
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

Oh and I don't want anyone to feel pressured to read my blog but I was wondering if any of you ladies do? I know Jodi did/does..It sounds weird but I don't write for anyone else like family or friends and don't really care what they have to say about it but at the same time its nice to feel like maybe someone else who is feeling alone in the same type of situation might find something to relate to something to help them feel a little less alone. Anyways if you do read it I appreciate it and if not thats okay too..Todays post was called "the feeling"
    STC #1 for 5years
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

I have read your blog Bailie and I think it is great! It is amazing that you are willing to put yourself out there and share your journey with others. I know that it is so comforting to find someone who shares the same experiences. It is a great thing that you are doing and I know that so many women are going to be helped by it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.PMAL View Post
    Oh and I don't want anyone to feel pressured to read my blog but I was wondering if any of you ladies do? I know Jodi did/does..It sounds weird but I don't write for anyone else like family or friends and don't really care what they have to say about it but at the same time its nice to feel like maybe someone else who is feeling alone in the same type of situation might find something to relate to something to help them feel a little less alone. Anyways if you do read it I appreciate it and if not thats okay too..Todays post was called "the feeling"
    I love your blog!
    Me (30) DH (34) TTC #1 since 11/2009; Stage 4 Endometriosis. LP defect. Trying to keep faith ♥ 4 clomid cycles,3 femara/hcg IUIs, IVF #1 9/2011, FET 2/2012. Then, we conceived an all natural miracle baby 1st BFP 5/17/12 ♥ Nothing is impossible with GOD

Quote Originally Posted by mmd08d View Post
    I'm glad that your appointment went well Jodi! Yay!!! What did they tell you about WHERE to give the shots? I'm a nurse, so they just brushed right thru it with me. I have been giving them in my tummy, which is fine, but I'd rather find another spot as my tummy is getting really banged up! What all meds are you taking??

I'm going to be in Longmont, outside Denver. My nephew turns 4 so we're coming out for his birthday. We try to come out every 3 months or so. Where are you?!
    They said the tummy as well, and I know I'll bruise too! I even bruise from acupunctre needles!
    Next Saturday, I start Dex, Follistim and Menopur. My first ultra sound is on Monday (Memorial Day). Can you try your hip or butt cheek? I know that's where they always give me the hCG. I'm starting out on 200 IU of Follistim and 75 (I think) of Menopur. I was only going to do 150 of Follistim, but after the ultra sound yesterday, he wanted to up it a little. I had plenty of eggs, but he wants to make sure we get a ton!!!

So, I'm probably about 30-45 minutes from Longmont in Greeley. Just take I-25 south. How crazy is that? How long will you be here? If you come back this summer, we should really try to meet. How neat would that be? Especially because we will both be pregnant!!! I hope you have fun!

Alright Colorado ladies, i want in on the fun! It would be fun to meet sometime. Glad both of your U/S went well! As for the injections i was told to do the lupron in the thigh/hip area and my stims in the tummy. Not sure if that helps, but thought i would give you my two cents.

i will check our your blog Bailie, it sounds awesome! And i am so excited about the possible job. That would be SO awesome!
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

H
    Last edited by mmd08d; 06-14-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Hi Everyone.
    I hope I can join your group? I've been reading about all of your adventures in starting a family. I too am starting IVF. My DH and I have been TTC for 4 years now. It's been a long road with a couple short lived ups and a lot of downs. It's taken us some time to make this decision. I'm excited and scared. I'm excited that we might just have a baby or two at the end of this, and I scared of possible OHSS and that it might not work. I am a social worker in a school and needless to say don't make tons of money. Not to mention every year I'm threatened with layoffs. Either way we're going for it and hope, pray, hold our breath, cross our toes and everything else that this will work because frankly this is our final attempt regardless of outcome. I'm just looking for some ladies who are going through the same thing. My friends have all been lucky to "just get pregnant". At this point we're not very open with anyone about doing IVF so I could sure use some ladies who know all the emotional stuff, stress, etc. Here's my story we've done just about every test out there:

DH - 35 - no problems
    Me - 32 - no diagnosis (until recently, only have right tube)
    6 - IUI's with Femera 3 BFP, 1 6week miscarriage, 1 chem, 1 possible ectopic/miscarriage
    1 - BFP "old fashion way" with Femera attached to left tube - left tube was removed at 8 weeks BPP

5-21-11 started BCP
    Waiting for my meds and to be told what's next. I'm excited and anxious. Trying to not be anxious but that's easier said than done

Hi Ladies!

I'm returning to IVF sisters as I prepare for a FET, hopefully in July. I'm returning because I can't imagine going though this without your support.

A little about me, both DH and I are 35 and after TTC for a year, we saw a RE and our diagnosis was male factor. We went straight to IVF, 1st try was cancelled low response. 2nd attempt was BPN (not so great quality or quantity, no frosties), 3rd attempt (way better response to stims) resulted in a beautiful little girl. We have 3 frosties and have decided to go for it. We are planning on thawing all 3 and transferring all that survive. I thought I was cool with it all seeing how we had done it before and felt a lot better emotionally, because of our baby. Now that we have started the process, all the nerves, anxiety, stress that I felt before have kicked in full gear. I'm excited but at the same time scared. We see the RE this Thursday for the plan of action. The roller coaster ride is about to start and I'm trying to hold on....In the mean time, I'm doing everything I did the last time, change my diet, vitamins, acupuncture, etc... Coffee is the one thing I can't seem to quit. I'm going to read a few posts and get to know you all!

Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Hi Ladies!

I'm returning to IVF sisters as I prepare for a FET, hopefully in July. I'm returning because I can't imagine going though this without your support.

A little about me, both DH and I are 35 and after TTC for a year, we saw a RE and our diagnosis was male factor. We went straight to IVF, 1st try was cancelled low response. 2nd attempt was BPN (not so great quality or quantity, no frosties), 3rd attempt (way better response to stims) resulted in a beautiful little girl. We have 3 frosties and have decided to go for it. We are planning on thawing all 3 and transferring all that survive. I thought I was cool with it all seeing how we had done it before and felt a lot better emotionally, because of our baby. Now that we have started the process, all the nerves, anxiety, stress that I felt before have kicked in full gear. I'm excited but at the same time scared. We see the RE this Thursday for the plan of action. The roller coaster ride is about to start and I'm trying to hold on....In the mean time, I'm doing everything I did the last time, change my diet, vitamins, acupuncture, etc... Coffee is the one thing I can't seem to quit. I'm going to read a few posts and get to know you all!

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia!! I am glad you're joining us in here. I know that your previous experience will be valuable to us, and hopefully we can all be a good support for you! I am wishing you many blessings for a successful FET cycle! I can't wait to share this journey with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by SNG View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    I hope I can join your group? I've been reading about all of your adventures in starting a family. I too am starting IVF. My DH and I have been TTC for 4 years now. It's been a long road with a couple short lived ups and a lot of downs. It's taken us some time to make this decision. I'm excited and scared. I'm excited that we might just have a baby or two at the end of this, and I scared of possible OHSS and that it might not work. I am a social worker in a school and needless to say don't make tons of money. Not to mention every year I'm threatened with layoffs. Either way we're going for it and hope, pray, hold our breath, cross our toes and everything else that this will work because frankly this is our final attempt regardless of outcome. I'm just looking for some ladies who are going through the same thing. My friends have all been lucky to "just get pregnant". At this point we're not very open with anyone about doing IVF so I could sure use some ladies who know all the emotional stuff, stress, etc. Here's my story we've done just about every test out there:

DH - 35 - no problems
    6 - IUI's with Femera 3 BFP, 1 6week miscarriage, 1 chem, 1 possible ectopic/miscarriage
    1 - BFP "old fashion way" with Femera attached to left tube - left tube was removed at 8 weeks BPP

5-21-11 started BCP
    Waiting for my meds and to be told what's next. I'm excited and anxious. Trying to not be anxious but that's easier said than done
    Welcome!! I'm so sorry this road has been so hard for you. Trying to have a baby just shouldn't be this tough. I do thank God that we live in a day and age where treatment options such as IVF are available. I hope this journey is what leads to that beautiful baby in your arms! Good luck and God bless!!

Hi Everyone.

DH - 35 - no problems

5-21-11 started BCP
    So very sorry that this has been such a long and hard journey for you! I am praying that IVF will bring you all the joy of a healthy baby boy or girl. My name is Bailie and I am looking forward to getting to know you a little better. These ladies are wonderful
    What is your protocol?

Hi Ladies!

Sylvia
    Sylvia:
    First off congrats on your baby girl ! I am glad to have your expereince here. This is a great group of gals and it is nice that we can all support one another. KUP on how your apt goes!
    STC #1 for 5years

Thanks girls for your support on my blog it means so much to me. Ultimately I would like to write a book but for now I blog

Monica: Travel safe! let us know how everything goes while you are there
    Jodi: Hows things? its all getting so close for you
    Janie: Are things all lined out for the FET?

AFM: still waiting to hear on the job, likely the end of the week. Really hoping that works out because I seriously need the insurance with the state raising theirs to over $500 a month just for DH and I with NO IF coverage at all. I will let you know how it all goes
    STC #1 for 5years

Oh and I just needed to vent a little bit. At my BIL college graduation on Saturday I was sitting with my FIL and MIL waiting for the ceremony to start and my MIL, whos obsessed with grandchildren, mentioned something about my BILs gf (has a baby) and then my FIL says "He wanted to be on the safe side so he got one that he knew would breed." WHO THE HELL SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT? Now I know that he wasn't trying to hurt my feelings but it did..just insensitive
    STC #1 for 5years

Hi Everyone.

DH - 35 - no problems

5-21-11 started BCP
    Welcome! I sincerely hope it all goes well for you!!! We only did 3 IUI's... I can't imagine going through with 6! You are a brave lady! I have so much scar tissue around my tubes (especially the right one), that's it's pointless to try on our own or do anymore IUI's so that's why we made the decision to do IVF.
    Today is my last day of bc pills. This Saturday I start dex, follistim and menopur. I'm so excited it's ridiculous! And believe me - I try not to be anxious or nervous too and I'm pretty sure at this point it comes with the territory! I feel like I know it's going to work - I'm definitely going to get pregnant, but will it stick? That's the thought that keeps running through my head! It's always nice to go through something like this with other people, even though you wish it wasn't that way! If only it was easy for us like others huh?
    Best of luck to you and your husband! Can't wait to hear how your journey goes.

Hi Ladies!

Sylvia
    I love hearing about the stories where it resulted in a baby!!!
    I'm so happy and excited for you. How long have they been frozen? I think we will probably do that as well. If you have enough, why not, right???
    If you have any advice or ANYTHING to share for us newbies, I'd appreciate it! I'm just nervous/excited at this point. Definitely have my worries, but the excitement is outweighing that right now, which for me is a good thing. I just hope it stays that way!!! It's hard when everyone (including the nurses) tell you not to stress! It's like "WHAT"??? How can we not? Especially after everything we've all been through. Obviously when doing IVF, you have some sort of a long struggle, or serious issue where it's needed and the only option! Sheesh!
    So glad to meet you and can't wait to hear how it all goes for you! When is your transfer?

Oh and I just needed to vent a little bit. At my BIL college graduation on Saturday I was sitting with my FIL and MIL waiting for the ceremony to start and my MIL, whos obsessed with grandchildren, mentioned something about my BILs gf (has a baby) and then my FIL says "He wanted to be on the safe side so he got one that he knew would breed." WHO THE HELL SAYS SOMETHING LIKE THAT? Now I know that he wasn't trying to hurt my feelings but it did..just insensitive
    That comment would have p*ssed me off too!!!! It's kind of like my cousin who said I was "bitter". Not really, but still.... you know they weren't saying it to be hurtful, but nonetheless it still hurts!
    I can't remember what you've said about them... do they know your struggles and that you're going to be doing IVF?
    I'm on my last bc pill today! Start the meds on Saturday and can't wait! I'll finally feel like I'm getting somewhere I think. Hope you had a great birthday!

That comment would have p*ssed me off too!!!! It's kind of like my cousin who said I was "bitter". Not really, but still.... you know they weren't saying it to be hurtful, but nonetheless it still hurts!
    I can't remember what you've said about them... do they know your struggles and that you're going to be doing IVF?
    I'm on my last bc pill today! Start the meds on Saturday and can't wait! I'll finally feel like I'm getting somewhere I think. Hope you had a great birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Toad1979 View Post
    Yes they know about our struggles to an extent. Meaning that they know we have been trying unsuccessfully but they don't know that we are actively pursuing IVF. I think that is why it bothered me so much it was like him saying that my DH had 'messed' up and got a 'defective wife'..

I was watching Pregnant in Heels and the gals husband actually told her that he blamed her for not being able to have/carry a baby..so it really made me wonder..I mean how would I deal with that? I asked him and of course he says that he doesn't blame me at all but still it all kind of hurts.

So SOOOOO excited for you! (did you ever imagine yourself looking forward to shots in the tummy?????)
    STC #1 for 5years

Thanks for all the response and welcoming me to the club. I've looked on various threads over the years. I'm glad I finally joined one. I don't think I could do IVF alone, we'll you know what I mean... You'll have to forgive me while I get the hang of this. For clarification is Jodi - Toad and Bailie is Mrs.... ? I agree it will be nice to have someone who's gone through IVF before. As for my protocol I'm on BCP right now & get my meds and instructions this Friday. I believe I start Lupron on Monday 30th & suppression check on July 11th and if all goes well we're looking at ER and ET last couple weeks of July. I'm not much of a medication taker and that's all about to change. I'm interested to hear how the meds are going for everyone because I'm pretty anxious about that part.
    ~Nic

OMG I would have totally come unglued. Regardless of intent feels pretty passive aggressive to me. I'm so sorry that happened.

Thanks for all the response and welcoming me to the club. I've looked on various threads over the years. I'm glad I finally joined one. I don't think I could do IVF alone, we'll you know what I mean... You'll have to forgive me while I get the hang of this. For clarification is Jodi - Toad and Bailie is Mrs.... ? I agree it will be nice to have someone who's gone through IVF before. As for my protocol I'm on BCP right now & get my meds and instructions this Friday. I believe I start Lupron on Monday 30th & suppression check on July 11th and if all goes well we're looking at ER and ET last couple weeks of July. I'm not much of a medication taker and that's all about to change. I'm interested to hear how the meds are going for everyone because I'm pretty anxious about that part.
    ~Nic
    You are doing fine if you have any questions about abbreviations or anything let me know. and yes Mrs.PMAL is me Bailie and Jodi is Toad and mmd0809is Monica
    STC #1 for 5years

~Nic
    Well, I start my meds on Saturday, so I'll be sure to keep you posted! I know Monica has already started hers and Janie has gone through IVF as well. There's lots of support all around, so feel free to ask any questions! I know I always am.
    It is kind of hard going from no meds to all of the sudden having a bag full! I had got stuff filled at our regular pharmacy, plus there's all the stimulation drugs.... it's quite overwhelming. I look like a drug addict when you open my fridge!

Monica- How are those stims going??? I hope all is going well and you are able to keep things a secret from the family these next couple days. I am saying prayers that your body is responding exactly the way it should be!

Jodi- Wow, Saturday is stim day huh! I can't believe it is so close. You are going to do awesome I just know it. It is so exciting and terrifying at the same time. What a roller coaster of emotions! So do you ever make it down to Denver? If so we should totally meet up some time!

Bailie- I cannot believe that she would say that! Wow that is intense... I am so very sorry that someone (especially your MIL) would say something so hurtful to you. Big hugs to you! Any word from the RE's office?

Nic- Welcome! I am so sorry that you are having to go through this awful road of infertility, but this is a great support group here! I found myself being VERY nervous starting IVF after my failed IUI's, but lucky for us we got pregnant on the first IVF try! I was TOTALLY anxious about the meds and how I would feel on them and I had very minimal side effects like headaches, hot flashes (not bad) and bloating. It was not as bad as I expected.

Sylvia- I am so excited I will have a FET buddy! I too had a baby girl from my first IVF, my second IVF just failed but I have 4 frozen little embryos waiting! Two are pretty poor quality and are not expected to survive the thaw, but the other two are decent. I am on BCP right now with an estimated transfer mid July. Do you know what your schedule is looking like?

AFM- Everything is on schedule for a mid July FET. I got my blood work back and turns out I have a compound heterozygous MTHFR genetic mutation. They are checking my homocystine levels and I should get those back sometime this week. There is some conflicting data about how this impacts pregnancy and implantation, but my dr is having me take folgard 2X a day and my baby aspirin for now. I also had a hysteroscopy on Friday and everything in my uterus looks fine. So hopefully it will be successful this time around!

Question... is anyone doing acupuncture with their IVF? I have been doing it off and on over the years. If anything I love how relaxed it makes me feel. I met with my person yesterday and she gave me some research on acupuncture increasing odds of implantation right after ET because they use points that relaxes the uterus. I wasn't thinking of continuing as I did't want to do anything that might alter/effect the very costly meds I'm about to start, but now I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts???

Bailie - That was a totally insensitive comment! UGH! Sheesh I don't even know what to say. Why do some people behave like that?! I'm so so sorry!

Jodi - Stim day is almost here! You are going to do GREAT!

Janie - Are you in CO too? We all should meet up next time I'm out here!! That would be so fun!

Nic - I am going to do acupuncture on 5/27. I have an appointment but I've never done it before. I'm looking forward to it - if for nothing else than the relaxation. I'm not much of a med taker either, so this is tough for me, but overall I'm feeling good (day 3 of stims). I'll be stalking you!
    Last edited by mmd08d; 06-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Nic: I would say that anything that relaxes you (short of drugs and alcohol obviously) can't possibly hurt anything and I have read great things about acupunture and such and my RE actually reccomends it.

Jodi: it is all getting so close for you! sooooo excited

Monica: I am glad that you are having a nice time in CO and hiding your meds has proven not to be a headache. Sorry about the lab messing up a bit but let us know what your RE says today. I am so excited for you

Janie: Glad things seem to be on track for your FET I am hopeful that this time will be just as successful as the first

AFM: My old RE never sent the records over to my new RE so I had to do that yesterday so hopefully the Doc will have those and get back to me shortly. I am getting really excited just at the possibility that we could move ahead with this very soon. I also followed up my interview yesterday and she said that they had an adjuster their the last couple days but that she would be calling me by the end of the week. crossing my fingers for that.

HUGS------Bailie
    STC #1 for 5years

Nic- I did accupuncture with my first IVF. I really liked it. It was very relaxing! I would say if you can do it than you should! I know that accupuncture is supposed to improve blood flow to the uterus which obviously is a very good thing.

Monica- I am glad you are having a good time here in CO! Except for this icky weather! Glad that things are going well and you have been able to hide the shooting up! haha

Bailie- I can't believe they forgot to send your records! That stinks. Soon though! I am still praying for that job for you! I hope you hear something exciting by the end of the week.