Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF - Sisters

AFM: I am taking a girls trip to Lake Havasu this weekend for good food, good shopping, good company and good worship. Hope this helps me stay sane until next week! [/QUOTE]

YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME! I'll be thinking of you. Laugh lots ok? In fact, let's all promise to do that this weekend. We just had a close family friend pass away (after a LONG struggle with cancer), and it's one of those times to be greatful for our life, what we have, friends and family. I truly hope that you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!!!
    Both me and hubby are 31 years young.
    M/C 10/06 (9 wks) & 06/08 (4 wks)
    Endo & mild PCOS. Lap/hys surgery 08/08, 07/10.
    2 failed IUI's. 1st IVF cycle May/June 2011.

Default Janie????? I'm on pins and needles here!

I know it's still pretty early! Can't wait to see the pic of your BFP. You will send us a pic right??? Thinking of you girl.

Hey guys, sorry I went for my beta a little later than planned. Well I wish I had better news, but my hpt came back very negative... My clinic will automatically draw a second on monday regardless of todays result and will call on monday. Im pretty sad, cried alot, and am not looking forward to waiting til monday. I will kup. Hope all is well with everyone!
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

Quote Originally Posted by janieleigh501 View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I went for my beta a little later than planned. Well I wish I had better news, but my hpt came back very negative... My clinic will automatically draw a second on monday regardless of todays result and will call on monday. Im pretty sad, cried alot, and am not looking forward to waiting til monday. I will kup. Hope all is well with everyone!
    Lots of love to you Janie. I am praying for a BFP, but if that is not in the plan this time, don't worry. I know you said you had to do a fresh cycle again this time. Did you get any frozen embies? Hang in there and know that you are close to my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by janieleigh501 View Post
    I'm so sorry Janie!!! My heart just sunk for you! I have the same question as Monica - any frozen ones to use in the future? Could it be to early for the HPT??? I can't remember how many DPO you are.
    I'll be thinking of you all day and weekend. Much love and many

Are any of you doing/have done ICSI? I know that some docs wait and see if it is necessary, my doc just does it. Like they pretty much say 'yes, we'll be doing ICSI'. They told me if I felt strongly about them not wanting to do it they would respect that, but otherwise ICSI is part of their normal protocol. It doesn't bother me to have them do it, but I thought that was kind of weird. I guess statistics are very important to an RE and they want the highest success rate possible (I'm assuming).

Quote Originally Posted by mmd08d View Post
    Are any of you doing/have done ICSI? I know that some docs wait and see if it is necessary, my doc just does it. Like they pretty much say 'yes, we'll be doing ICSI'. They told me if I felt strongly about them not wanting to do it they would respect that, but otherwise ICSI is part of their normal protocol. It doesn't bother me to have them do it, but I thought that was kind of weird. I guess statistics are very important to an RE and they want the highest success rate possible (I'm assuming).
    I'm pretty sure mine will do it too. In fact, I think he does both. The natural method and the ICSI. I thought it was weird too - on his website, it talks about them doing that method if there are other factors, like male infertility involved as well. However, he said he will do it regardless. If it helps our chances, I'm all for it!

Hey girls thanks so much for the hugs and prayers! My second beta is tomorrow and they will call tomorrow so I will let you girls know. I am praying for a miracle and that it was just too early, but will be prepared for a neg. I do have 2 frozen not sure the quality, but we do have them! Im sure I will have to wait a few cycles before we can do a fet but that will be our next step. As for icsi we did it for both our cycles but we also have male factor infertility... I do think there are some benefits to it though. They can pick the "best" little guys to hopefully give you the best quality embryos! Hope you ladies are doing well!
    Hows the lupron going monica?

I'll be thinking of you Janie! Love and HUGS!

The lupron is going fine. Not much to report. Tonight when I gave myself the shot I noticed it stung a little bit and when I pulled the needle out I had a little blood on my skin. I think I hit a little capillary vessel or something. Now I have a little bump there. Boo! I think it may bruise. Oh the joys of IF treatments! LOL

Monica- that happened to me several times with the lupron. Are you pushing it in too fast? Also, if its refridgetated make sure you warm up the syringe in your hand before you inject it. Im glad its going well so far other than those little things!

Jodi-.when do you start your lupron?

Afm- dr called today with a negative beta... We meet with him on wed to discuss moving forward with a fet. He wants me to have two cycles before we do the transfer. Since I never ovulate on my own he will put me on the pill again... Oh yeah! I just want you guys to know I will be hanging around to see how everything goes! Thanks for all the prayers and hugs

Monica and Janie - any tips on giving the shots will be appreciated! I bruise easy, so I'm sure that's gonna happen. I remember how bad the follistim stung going in!

Janie - so sorry that it was negative. I almost didn't want to come look because I didn't want to see bad news! Do they have any idea why? How much less expensive is the FET than the whole regular IVF cycle?
    Again - I feel so bad. It just makes me sad to hear that! I wish I had something more positive to say - I don't usually feel at a loss of words. It makes me mad more than anything. It's just not fair that some of us struggle the way we do!!!!!

AFM - My schedule is at home, so I don't know the exact date on when I start the drugs. I'm pretty sure all the meds are ordered now. I have a few more weeks (well, maybe not that long) of bc pills, an ultra sound at the end of next and then I'm not sure?!?!? I think they wanted me to take a pack and a half of bc pills and I'm not sure why. One of my nurses is supposed to contact me today and that's one of my questions to her. I'm pretty sure since I had such a weird period, it will be a few more weeks before I start again. I'm just going to wait and try not to obsess about everything. YEAH RIGHT!!!
    Hubs will be dropping off the check for the payment this week. Can't believe we're just handing over a $17,205 check!!! Seems a little crazy, right?

Ladies I hate coming back to see bad news

Janie my dear my heart just breaks for you right now but I will continue to pray for you and I really hope that the FET is successful for you. HUGS honey.

Monica: Glad things are going well for you with no major excitement.

Jodi: It is crazy what we pay for this stuff. Insane to just hand a check over for that much money! But its worth every penny plus a million more.

AFM: I have an appt on Thursday for a phone consult with a new RE in vegas. I am pretty nervous but also very excited. We could potentially get started as soon as I start my period next week, though I spotted lastnight. OH and just a little off topic something I would like your thoughts on.....I was shopping this weekend on my trip and I had noticed a few days earlier my bras weren't fitting quite right thought maybe I dried it or something. Anyway I was trying on bras and my boobs have grown a full cup size in a month...WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?? Any thoughts??

I am of course driving myself insane with all this.

Hope everyone is well
    www.thefertilityjourney.wordpress.com
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying that 2013 is our year!

Bailie do you think you could possibly be pregnant? I know your DX is blocked tubes, but you never know. When my mom had her tubes tied after my brother and I they told her that her tubes were SO messed up (like severed in places)that they had NO idea how she got pregnant. Spotting and boobs getting bigger are a tad suspicious. Anyways, I am so excited for you phone consult on thursday! Keep us posted!

Jodi - I meet with my RE tomorrow to go over the cycle and to discuss the FET (which is 4,500 at my clinic not including meds). Not sure if he can shed any light on what went wrong. It's just not in our control! I have read some things about super high E2 levels and it preventing implantation so I will ask him his opinion on that since my levels were crazy high. Thanks for all the kind words... You are so right though that it is unfair and just plain sucks! I am anxious to hear your schedule. As far as injections go try to put the needle in quickly and put the medicine in slowly and not cold. You probably know both of those already from the follistim, but thats the only advice I have. I didn't bruise too badly. A couple on my tummy but none on my legs.

Janie: Of course I am driving myself totally insane with that possibility but at the same time I just don't think I am. Here is a little background: I was on BCP for 2 days during all the messed up cycle stuff had a really heavy painful period directly following that but was otherwise okay. Then this last cycle I was 4 days late (very VERY unusual for me) I talked to my RE and he said he thought that was because BCP can kind of mess ya up but they told me to take a test anyway..I did despite the fact I had then started to spot negative. and then I had a day of spotting, a day of fairly heavy very painful bleeding with a few clots and then another couple of days of spotting and cramps. I should add that cramps are very normal for me.
    Possible symptoms other than that is nausea after I eat. Diarreah. Emotional.
    I just don't really know what to think. I kinda thought maybe I was last month but then all that spotting and such..I am just a little frustrated with my body and going a little nuts thinking about the possibilities
    STC #1 for 5years

Ugh Bailie that is frustrating! It would be awesome if you were pg, but I could understand how the BCPs can screw everything up! I hope you get some answers soon.

Janie - Let us know how your RE meeting goes! It's amazing that $4500 sounds cheap, huh?! (Compared to a full cycle, of course!)

Jodi - Are you hanging in there on the BCPs? I took my LAST one today! Whoo-hoo! I only take them for 2 weeks since now I have the lupron to do the job. I remember you telling me you don't do lupron with your cycle. I'm glad for you! I say the fewer meds the better!

AFM - I took the last BCP today, still on lupron and dexamethasone. I also start a z-pak tomorrow. I go in for my 'suppression' ultrasound on the 20th, and if all goes well I start the stim meds on 5/22. Prayers please! My husband is so optimistic, but I'm so nervous. I've never seen a real BFP before, so it is very hard to imagine this could do it. I'm getting scared, but I'm trying to remember that it is all in God's hands. EEK!

On a more positive note, today is our 3 year wedding anniversary and it was a really nice one. One of my friends made a delicious cake for us, we had an amazing dinner at a restaurant on the lake, and my hubby bought me some blingy diamond hoop earrings that match my wedding band set. I suppose I can't complain about much!!
    Last edited by mmd08d; 05-10-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Bailie- I'm so sorry I know it is so frustrating when your body does all kinds of weird things. It's impossible not to analyze everything our bodies do and always wonder about the possibilty of being pregnant. It would be such an awesome thing if it turned out that way!!! I have heard of several people getting ready to start IVF and then getting pregnant. Unfortunately I was not one of those people. So when did you take a test last?

Monica- Yeah 4,500 doesn't seem too bad except that is in addition to the 15,000 I just forked out for a BFN... I just don't know what we are going to do to come up with the money. I know it will work out the way it is supposed to, it just feels so overwhelming right now. I will definitely let you guys know how tomorrow goes. As far as stimming goes... You will do just great! Just take each day as it comes and know you have prayers coming your way. There is no reason not to be optimistic. IVF works for A LOT of people (including myself the first time around). Happy Anniversary by the way! Glad it was a good one!

You're so right, Janie. I didn't mean to downplay the financial burden at all! (I realize now it kind of sounded that way.) It is ridiculously expensive. The only reason we are able to even try it is because my insurance covers it. My insurance is changing in July, which means from here on out I'd have to pay a lot more of the cost (50%, I believe). That is why we're giving it a shot now. I think that knowledge might be giving me more anxiety about it working. I agree with you that it will work out as it is supposed to. You guys are all close to my heart and I wish us all not only BFPs, but happy, healthy babies in all of our arms!

Monica: Happy Aniversary! Sending tons of prayers your way.

Janie: I hope your apt goes well today and I hope that the financial part of it can be worked out without to much stress and heart ache..Oh who am I kidding its all so stressful!

AFM:My last test was around April 18th. I will let you know what my doc says about it.
    STC #1 for 5years

Oh Monica I didnt think you were downplaying it at all! Im just stressed about the money... It just feels like we gave 15,000 dollars for nothing. I know I cant look at it that way, but its hard not to. That is so awesome that your insurance will cover ivf! Dont let the insurance changing stress you out. The timing of this cycle is Gods timing which is perfect! He allowed all of the details to work out for you to do this while your insurance would cover it!

Bailie- maybe you should test again... Its been almost a month

Janie thanks for the support I am just not sure I think I will wait until I am late before I test. I may talk to my doctor about it and see if they will just do a beta..I kinda feel like I shouldn't be talking about this here but at the same time I feel like you ladies are who I relate to most. If I am upsetting any of you please let me know so I can stop posting about that with you.
    STC #1 for 5years

Oh and if any of you are on FB and would like to add me my name is Bailie Malay or email is malay.family2009@gmail.com

I don't talk much about this kind of thing on there but would love to be friends with you ladies on FB if you want to as well.
    STC #1 for 5years

Bailie- you arent upsetting me by posting about it. You will have to keep me updated! Im excited for your consultation tomorrow! I hope it goes very well and you and the dr can come up with a great plan.

Ok ladies I am home from my meeting with RE. He said that my failed cycle might be from my ohss and extra high e2 levels causing too much stress on my body. He also ordered a bunch of blood work to rule out other reasons for implantation failure. He said since I have had a previous loss he just wants to be on the safe side. I will be on the pill for 2 cycles and then we will do the fet. They estimated the transfer to be around july 10th which is funny cause my first ivf we transfered on july 11th and got dd. My frozen embryos are decent quality so he seemed very optimistic. So all in all the appt went well for the circumstances! I am excited about moving forward.

Bailie I just sent you a friend request on fb... I dont talk about this stuff on there either, but its still fun to get to know u ladies better!

Jodi I couldnt find you on fb... you never came up??
    Last edited by janieleigh501; 05-11-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Ok ladies - I've been on here a few times, just haven't posted!
    Bailie - Don't ever think you can't talk about anything on here! Feel free to vent - whatever - at any time!!! That's what we are here for.
    When do you see the doc again? I hope you get some answers and it would be AWESOME if you had a bun cooking.

Janie - that appointment sounds so positive! I know my RE warned me about OHSS and how we need to watch it. He also said it's on the rare side... I have to admit, I'm concerned about it for me because I respond so well to follistim alone. I know it's not a bad thing, but I don't want to spend all this money to be told we can't do it, or that I got a BFN because of what you just went through! It kind of scares me.
    I'm still so glad that he's optimistic about the FET and everything else. He sounds awesome and I love it that he's looking into other reason for implantation failure. It's good having a doc that cares! Some of them just fluff stuff off!!!

Monica - Happy late Anniversary to you! I saw your bling on FB - BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Makes me wish I wore earing more often. ;)
    The bc pills kind of suck actually. My boobs have really hurt, which seems unusal. I don't remember them hurting when I was on the pill for so many years, but then again, I've been off of it for 5 years now. My body is probably in shock from the change!
    I am schedule for an ultra sound next week, plus they will go over how to give the shots. All my meds have been ordered, and that cost came to $3,000. Not to bad considering it can cost as much as $6,000! I just hope that I won't need more, but only time will tell.
    By the way - did I mention how sick that Z-pack made me? I didn't realize the pill we were taking was the Z-pack. Anyway, woke up about midnight on Monday morning with a bad tum. Took some maalox chews and went back to bed. Woke up at 3:00 and then 4:15 with (I hope I don't offend anyone - I have a nasty sense of humor) major soup a**. Not fun! Even on Tuesday when I got to work - it hit me again! I was like WTF? I've never had an antibiotic do that to me. Of course I've never taken a z-pack either. It was almost kind of funny. I had to text my boss (who happens to be my brother in law), that I was running late on account my butt was glued to the toliet. Lucky for me we have such a close relationship that he laughed about it and told me he hoped I feel better soon. Good Lord!!!!!

Janie - I don't know why I can't be found. Monica couldn't find me either! Message me your whole name and I'll look you up.
    Bailie - as soon as I get off this site I'm gonna friend you girl!
    I don't talk about my situation either (although lots of my fb friends know of our struggle), but like you all said, it's good to be friends on there. Kind of lets us all get to know eachother better!

Janie: So glad your appt was a positive one and I am so glad for you that you have a doctor that cares so much to look for answers that may not be so obvious. I do hope that you stick around and chat with us while you are waiting on your FET.
    and BTW your daughter is just beautiful!

Jodi: I got your friend request yay! I love getting to know everyone better outside of this struggle its sometimes nice to find we have other things in common.

Monica: How are you feeling with stuff?

AFM: I am eagerly awaiting my apt this afternoon. I will talk to you all then
    STC #1 for 5years

Hi girls!!

Jodi - I'm glad you liked the bling!! I think DH did a pretty good job. ;) He got them for me cause I'm always giving him a hard time about having a jeweler for a mom and NEVER buying his wife jewelry!! LOL
    Let us know how your u/s goes. They are supposed to be ordering my meds next week. AAAHH!

Bailie & Janie - If you get a chance, message me your full names and I'll add you on FB too! I don't talk about IF on FB at all. Even if I get pg I'm not going to say how. I figure my body is my business! Ha!!

AFM - I am doing okay. I feel about the same as I usually do now, so I'm thinking 'are these meds supposed to be doing anything'? I guess feeling nothing is better than feeling crazy! I'm sure that will come with the stim meds though!!

Sorry this is brief - my in-laws are in town and we've been working all day on landscaping our backyard!! My in-laws also happen to be staying in the room where the computer is, so getting online is bit challenging. I feel like I'm invading their space. I'll touch base soon! Love and hugs to you girls!!

Jodi- I'm so sorry the antibitics are doing a number on your tummy! Try taking them with food. That always helps me. Don't stress too much about OHSS... I know its hard not to, but I know plenty of girls who have gotten pregnant with it! Responding well to follistim is a good thing! You just won't have to use as much medicine!

Bailie- I am anxiously awaiting your report from your consult today!

Monica- I am glad you are feeling good on the medicine! I was constantly analyzing what I was feeling too and wondering if everything was going the way it was supposed to and I always was responding the way they wanted me to. Hope your weekend goes well with the in-laws!
    Last edited by janieleigh501; 05-12-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typo

Well not a great report from the consult yesterday because when I called at 1:30 she was doing a procedure..ugh..she was over an hour late calling me back and I was already in another meeting..so I have to call back today and I hope that I can catch her I just want to get the go ahead..

Monica: enjoy your inlaws and the fact that you are feeling great even on the meds
    STC #1 for 5years

Hey Bailie! Any news from the RE? Sorry that you guys couldn't touch base yesterday. GRRR! I know that is so frustrating!

I am still on the dexamethasone and the lupron. Doing fine other than a nasty sinus infection. Boo! I am on a z-pak as part of the IVF protocol too, so at least I'm covered, I guess. I talked to my RE nurse today and they've ordered my meds. I'm working with the insurance/pharmacy folks to get it delivered next week. I am going to be on gonal-F, low dose HCG, then the ovidrel trigger when it's time, and then progesterone shots. AAHH! I'm getting nervous!

The thing that really worries me is that I start my injections (plus I stay on the lupron and dexamethasone for awhile too) on Sunday the 22nd. Well, I fly out to see my SIL on Monday the 23rd. First, I don't know how I'm going to fly with needles - I've never tried to before. Hopefully they don't give me too much trouble. Second, how am I supposed to keep the cold meds cold while I fly? I guess I have to take a second 'cooler' type bag as my carry-on maybe? Third, how am I going to keep this from my SIL when I'm having to use her fridge to store my meds? Oh the drama....!!