Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF - Sisters

And I know I was wondering, so if anyone else was...

3-DAY TRANSFER:

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
    fetal cells
    8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
    HPT

5-DAY TRANSFER:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
    fetal cells
    6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
    HPT
    Married August 14th, 2010
    TTC 4 years - Dx: Endo stage 4 & PCOS
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Quote Originally Posted by jrandmarsha View Post
    I did not know that when they transfer it in, it is already considered two or so weeks!

Pregnancy Dates
    Due Date: 08/26/2011
    Today's Date: 12/06/2010 2 Weeks 3 Days
    Ovulation: OD 12/03/2010 2 Weeks 0 Days
    Implantation: 12/12/2010 3 Weeks 2 Days
    Expected Next Period: 12/17/2010 4 Weeks 0 Days
    Fetal Heart Beat Seen: 01/03/2011 6 Weeks 3 Days
    Nuchal Screen: 02/07/2011 11 Weeks 3 Days
    2nd Trimester Begins: 02/21/2011 13 Weeks 3 Days
    Amniocentesis: 03/11/2011 16 Weeks 0 Days
    Fetal Movements: 04/08/2011 20 Weeks 0 Days
    Pregnancy Viable: 05/06/2011 24 Weeks 0 Days
    Glucose Screen: 05/20/2011 26 Weeks 0 Days
    3rd Trimester Begins: 05/26/2011 26 Weeks 6 Days
    Term Pregnancy Begins: 08/05/2011 37 Weeks
    Due Date: 08/26/2011 40 Weeks 0 Days

Thought that was so interesting!
    Very good info Thanks for sharing

Sending lots of your way! and I am sooooo excited for you
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

I have a question for you ladies..its a little dumb but here goes anyway
    When the embryos are transferred are they still able to divide (ie 1 baby into identical twins) or are they already past that stage??
    STC #1 for 5years
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

Just had transfer!! They wouldn't do three. So got two in both 8 cell. And less then 5 percent fragmentation. So neat to watch the embryos on the screen and into the uterus!! Now I have to wait till the 20th! But knowing ne I'll be testing soon. Ha!! Ugh. Fingers crossed!!! Now going home to lay in bed!
    Congrats on the transfer! Get lots of rest! Hope the 2WW passes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.PMAL View Post
    When the embryos are transferred are they still able to divide (ie 1 baby into identical twins) or are they already past that stage??
    That's a very good question. My answer would be to say yes, but I'm not 100% sure...

Just had transfer!! They wouldn't do three. So got two in both 8 cell. And less then 5 percent fragmentation. So neat to watch the embryos on the screen and into the uterus!! Now I have to wait till the 20th! But knowing ne I'll be testing soon. Ha!! Ugh. Fingers crossed!!! Now going home to lay in bed!
    Best of Luck, glad everything went well! Now, RELAX, because you have earned it!!!!!

My doctor told me there is a 1 % chance of this.

And thanks ladies!!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

My doctor told me there is a 1 % chance of this.

And thanks ladies!!
    Thanks for the info (again)

KUP during the dreaded 2WW
    STC #1 for 5years

Ah! Thanks!! How many were transferred and how many are you pregnant with?? CONGRATS
    We transferred 3, but luckily I'm only PG with one.. Triplets would be really high risk, and I'd rather have one healthy one or twins max. I'm a lot older than you and it was my 5th attempt at IVF, so my chances of success were much lower, which is why they transferred 3 (the maximum by law here).

If you haven't already, you could read the "IVF Success Stories" link under STC, which has interesting info.. There used to be many more, but they were purged and I think are now in the Clomid link (although someone else would need to confirm that.)

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    We transferred 3, but luckily I'm only PG with one.. Triplets would be really high risk, and I'd rather have one healthy one or twins max. I'm a lot older than you and it was my 5th attempt at IVF, so my chances of success were much lower, which is why they transferred 3 (the maximum by law here).

If you haven't already, you could read the "IVF Success Stories" link under STC, which has interesting info.. There used to be many more, but they were purged and I think are now in the Clomid link (although someone else would need to confirm that.)
    Ah Congrats again. Yeah I was bummed when he said one or two. But I did two. I'd love twins. Anything at this point! Oh wow. 5 cycles. I barely made it through one. Ha ha. I keep feeling twinges buy I'm sure it's all in my head. Did you test early?! And I read the success stories. Wish there were more to read! Thanks again!!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

The Infertile Patient's Prayer

Lord, Give me Strength...

* To keep my cool when another period starts.
    * To keep my chin up when a co-worker announces her pregnancy.
    * To have a good relationship with my friend in spite of her ability to conceive easily and not be jealous of her.
    * To endure my sister-in-law's comments about toilet training.
    * To keep from crying when I see children begging on the roads.
    * To forgive my doctor when he keeps me waiting for two hours for a consultation - and then can't remember my name.
    * To make the right decision about treatment.
    * To maintain a good relationship with my husband in spite of all this.
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

-Sorry, I don't know how to quote things. Anyway, yes, the embryos are usually past the point of dividing at this point. However if they do divide then it would be a concern as they would be mono-amniotic/mono-chorionic or "MoMo" twins and be very high risk. Twins that are separate sacs and placentas are much safer. My RE said that if one of the embryos divided he would suggest "selective reduction".

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

-Sorry, I don't know how to quote things. Anyway, yes, the embryos are usually past the point of dividing at this point. However if they do divide then it would be a concern as they would be mono-amniotic/mono-chorionic or "MoMo" twins and be very high risk. Twins that are separate sacs and placentas are much safer. My RE said that if one of the embryos divided he would suggest "selective reduction".
    Just hit quote at bottom of post. And I'm going to call my doc about that. He just today said it's okay and that there is a 1 percent chance of twins from the embryo which is why he couldn't transfer 3. Because 2 could be 0-2 or 3 or 4 if any divided
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

I was at the dr's office and the nurse was talking about a lady that had happened to. One of the transferred embryos had split to identical. SO yes, it can happen, but I imagine rare.

Maria, the twinges are real you are not imagining. As the embryo(s) implant you can feel twinges (or even some cramping). I just felt little twinges and pulling. So it is a good thing!

The Infertile Patient's Prayer

Lord, Give me Strength...

* To keep my cool when another period starts.
    * To keep my chin up when a co-worker announces her pregnancy.
    * To have a good relationship with my friend in spite of her ability to conceive easily and not be jealous of her.
    * To endure my sister-in-law's comments about toilet training.
    * To keep from crying when I see children begging on the roads.
    * To forgive my doctor when he keeps me waiting for two hours for a consultation - and then can't remember my name.
    * To make the right decision about treatment.
    * To maintain a good relationship with my husband in spite of all this.
    LOVE this!! So true!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Just hit quote at bottom of post. And I'm going to call my doc about that. He just today said it's okay and that there is a 1 percent chance of twins from the embryo which is why he couldn't transfer 3. Because 2 could be 0-2 or 3 or 4 if any divided
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    I was at the dr's office and the nurse was talking about a lady that had happened to. One of the transferred embryos had split to identical. SO yes, it can happen, but I imagine rare.

Maria, the twinges are real you are not imagining. As the embryo(s) implant you can feel twinges (or even some cramping). I just felt little twinges and pulling. So it is a good thing!
    Thanks ladies for the input. I was just wondering because it has been our topic of discussion around our house (how many eggs we want to transfer)..
    STC #1 for 5years

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post

Yes its a 1percent chance the doc said.

Ah I do have cramps! Almost like AF but I just did transfer yesturday morning, isnt it too early?? AH Excited
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Ah I do have cramps! Almost like AF but I just did transfer yesturday morning, isnt it too early?? AH Excited
    Excited for you
    STC #1 for 5years

Don't know if this is weird. Had transfer yesterday. But ny temp stays around 98. Just now it was 95.6. Is that bad...?
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Today temp is back up at 98.6
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Maria: so glad that your temp is back up! crossing my fingers for you

Is it bad if it goes down?!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Is it bad if it goes down?!
    Temping is futile now. The hormones from IVF drugs change everything. You just need to wait it out and relax as much as possible. and

Thanks! I may be going to the ER shortly, the pains are ridiculous.
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

HUGS honey!
    Let us know how everything goes!
    thinking about you
    STC #1 for 5years

Been here since 4. Ovaries enlarged and fluid in pelvis. White blood count is high and the blood test for blood clot is abnormal. Thinking could be clot in lung or so. Since to check is a catscanit was ny choice. I chose to not do it because it'd kill babies this early. Gah!! So after morphine and percocet I'll be going home in an hour or so!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Maria, so sorry to hear that! I know it is easier said than done, but try to take it easy and not stress too much. Have you talked to your re?

We are all thinking positive thoughts for you,

Been here since 4. Ovaries enlarged and fluid in pelvis. White blood count is high and the blood test for blood clot is abnormal. Thinking could be clot in lung or so. Since to check is a catscanit was ny choice. I chose to not do it because it'd kill babies this early. Gah!! So after morphine and percocet I'll be going home in an hour or so!
    Are they thinking OHSS??? Hang in there... KUP!

I am going in tomorrow for an internal ultrasound as well as a tab to get the fluid out. The blood clot issue worries me, but I wll wait till I get my results back about the embabies. Thanks guys. I am realy stressed about it all.
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Too early for implantation following a 3-day transfer. Normally happens on betwween days 7-10 from fertilization, but you are going to feel twinges on & off. I always felt them starting a day or two following transfer, but on my last transfer I felt them significantly on the day of implantation. Good luck dear!!

OHSS is no fun. Hopefully it's a mild case and they can get you taken care of soon. When will they retest your white blood count? Hope it gets better as you rest at home.

I am going in tomorrow for an internal ultrasound as well as a tab to get the fluid out. The blood clot issue worries me, but I wll wait till I get my results back about the embabies. Thanks guys. I am realy stressed about it all.
    Please KUP. Most women who experienced OHSS end up getting an early beta if they go into the hospital and most of them have found out early that they were in deed prego. With you being so young and having very good quality 3-day embryo's, I wouldn't be surprised if you get a positive a couple of days early on a HPT if you don't have beta tested prior due to OHSS symptoms. I would wait until at least 8dp3dt if you test at home because your chances are stronger you might pick up a faint line that early, but if you can wait until 9dp3dt that is even better. Good luck!!

I know its easier said than done but try not to stress..that just makes things worse! I am thinking very good thoughts for you!
    Let us know how the u/s goes.

AFM: we have decided not to do and IVF in January for a couple of reasons: A) we want to make sure it doesn't use our whole savings and B) my boss scheduled a team building activity a week into the cycle so We have opted for February..
    STC #1 for 5years

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Too early for implantation following a 3-day transfer. Normally happens on betwween days 7-10 from fertilization, but you are going to feel twinges on & off. I always felt them starting a day or two following transfer, but on my last transfer I felt them significantly on the day of implantation. Good luck dear!!

OHSS is no fun. Hopefully it's a mild case and they can get you taken care of soon. When will they retest your white blood count? Hope it gets better as you rest at home.

Please KUP. Most women who experienced OHSS end up getting an early beta if they go into the hospital and most of them have found out early that they were in deed prego. With you being so young and having very good quality 3-day embryo's, I wouldn't be surprised if you get a positive a couple of days early on a HPT if you don't have beta tested prior due to OHSS symptoms. I would wait until at least 8dp3dt if you test at home because your chances are stronger you might pick up a faint line that early, but if you can wait until 9dp3dt that is even better. Good luck!!
    Thanks!! I am excited, a little upset. We were going to freeze but decided it wasnt worth it with just one plus it was a 7 cell with 20% fragmentation. SO I was super upset when they told me that one made it to day 7 and looked amazing and started hatching. Really upsetting but hopefully I woiuldnt have needed it with the better two being transfered. Still a lot of pain!

I know its easier said than done but try not to stress..that just makes things worse! I am thinking very good thoughts for you!
    Let us know how the u/s goes.

AFM: we have decided not to do and IVF in January for a couple of reasons: A) we want to make sure it doesn't use our whole savings and B) my boss scheduled a team building activity a week into the cycle so We have opted for February..
    Thank you!! I am trying to be calm! I will let you gus know. I am going on at 6:30am to get u/s and labs!

and I am glad you guys are waiting till you dont have so much going on at work. Its hard!

GOOD LUCK!!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks