Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF - Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Michelle, when is your due date? Have you joined a room yet? I'm not really active in mine as I feel more at home here..but I love stalking everyone in their rooms. I have to keep track of your DD so I can stalk you!!!
    Since it's twins, my due date is bumped up to the first week of June ( it was June 29th when it was just one). I joined the other day, but have to go back now - haven't been back yet. I'll still be posting here because this is where I feel most at home.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I always felt like we should have a post-IVF pregnancy room that blends all and any DD for women who get preggers following IVF. We all get so close when we go through our cycles and then we are sent off to make new friends...like a kid moving to a new school. The women are great, but the bonds are not as strong. You know what I mean?

I'm doing fine in my DD room, but I can't stay away from IVF Sisters because I want to be there for everyone to encourage them and support them through their struggles & eventually, their graduations. At the same time, I want to keep up with past IVF sisters that have graduated and learn of their deliveries, etc. It's hard to do because you have to try to remember everyone's DD's! LOL
    Yes, I totally agree.
    I second that motion - great idea, Rhonda! I'll still keep posting in here because I couldn't even think about leaving this room. You're too much like family at this point.

I third the motion! I like to keep up with everyone here. After all we have gone through to get to this point! I keep feeling these moments of joy mixed with disbelief this actually happening. We should have a post-ivf room. Think we could?

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    OK I had a really weird day that ended well. here's what happened:

During a bad day at work, I started bleeding. I was very upset, obviously. I got to the RE office and we did an ultrasound. The RE was quiet for about a minute or so and said she wasn't quiet because there was a problem, she just could get a good image. She then said, well here's a baby. It's Baby B. And it has a heart beat. We listened to it, and measured it at 6 weeks 1 day. She said she doesn't know why she couldn't see it yesterday.

She went to look for Baby A which she found and its heartbeat was 150, up from 136 just yesterday. We're having TWINS!!!

I couldn't comprehend it and I asked her about the bleeding and then she asked me how work was. When I told her about my bad day, she nodded her head. She said that while there is no medical proof that stress can cause problems in a pregnancy, she said she's experienced it first hand herself where she stressed during surgery at 9 weeks pregnant with one of her kids and the blood was running down her leg. Her baby was fine and went full term. She ordered me to leave work and stay at home until she says I can go back to work. She also said women with twins bleed more and that the combo of the stress and the twins could have been the reason I bleed.

She did not find any blood on the u/s wand, she said my cervix was definitely closed and didn't see any tears anywhere. She expects spotting for the next few days, and while feels the amount of blood was more than she wanted to see (TMI - she checked out my panties to be sure), but it was not as bad as she's seen and it looks fine.

SO, I called work and took myself off my show and I'm so relieved the BABIES are OK!!! She said she is still watching how Baby B does, but she thinks it will do well since it had a heartbeat and looks so much better now that she found it. lol I did make sure to tell my boss that it was the stress of today that caused the problem and that it isn't worth it. They're going to see if there is a position for me where I don't have to work directly on a show, but I am not holding much hope for that. Well, see...

I'm going to see if I qualify for disability and I will not be going back to do another show while I am pregnant. The stress is not worth the money and our babies are the more important to me than a stupid job.

I'm so relieved, but I'm exhausted.

Well say a prayer for the babies. I'll keep you posted. My RE switched me to progesterone oil since the bleeding, just to make sure. I go back for another u/s on Monday.

So glad that baby B is okay!!
    Make sure to take it easy the next few days and such!! Congrats
    STC #1 for 5years
    Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tubes
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

OK I had a really weird day that ended well. here's what happened:

During a bad day at work, I started bleeding. I was very upset, obviously. I got to the RE office and we did an ultrasound. The RE was quiet for about a minute or so and said she wasn't quiet because there was a problem, she just could get a good image. She then said, well here's a baby. It's Baby B. And it has a heart beat. We listened to it, and measured it at 6 weeks 1 day. She said she doesn't know why she couldn't see it yesterday.

She went to look for Baby A which she found and its heartbeat was 150, up from 136 just yesterday. We're having TWINS!!!

I couldn't comprehend it and I asked her about the bleeding and then she asked me how work was. When I told her about my bad day, she nodded her head. She said that while there is no medical proof that stress can cause problems in a pregnancy, she said she's experienced it first hand herself where she stressed during surgery at 9 weeks pregnant with one of her kids and the blood was running down her leg. Her baby was fine and went full term. She ordered me to leave work and stay at home until she says I can go back to work. She also said women with twins bleed more and that the combo of the stress and the twins could have been the reason I bleed.

She did not find any blood on the u/s wand, she said my cervix was definitely closed and didn't see any tears anywhere. She expects spotting for the next few days, and while feels the amount of blood was more than she wanted to see (TMI - she checked out my panties to be sure), but it was not as bad as she's seen and it looks fine.

SO, I called work and took myself off my show and I'm so relieved the BABIES are OK!!! She said she is still watching how Baby B does, but she thinks it will do well since it had a heartbeat and looks so much better now that she found it. lol I did make sure to tell my boss that it was the stress of today that caused the problem and that it isn't worth it. They're going to see if there is a position for me where I don't have to work directly on a show, but I am not holding much hope for that. Well, see...

I'm going to see if I qualify for disability and I will not be going back to do another show while I am pregnant. The stress is not worth the money and our babies are the more important to me than a stupid job.

I'm so relieved, but I'm exhausted.

Well say a prayer for the babies. I'll keep you posted. My RE switched me to progesterone oil since the bleeding, just to make sure. I go back for another u/s on Monday.
    Ah That is wonderful!! Congrats! Twins would be a handful but such a joy!! I am so excited for you! That is terrible about the job and makes me worried!

Thanks for all your support! I really appreciate it. I did end up joining a DD room yesterday. And I feel goof abot it.

Maria - congrats on the good looking uterus!

KM - how are you feeling?

Sylvia - I'll look into the 3d u/s as things progress - that would be fun!
    Thank you!!!

Stopped bcp on the 11th and still no AF, so I go in WED for u/s and labs to see if we can start the stims without it! Bloatings and pains are definatley back!
    Married August 14th, 2010
    TTC 4 years - Dx: Endo stage 4 & PCOS
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.PMAL View Post

So glad that baby B is okay!!
    Make sure to take it easy the next few days and such!! Congrats
    Thanks! I've been wearing sweatpants since Thursday and napping non-stop!

Quote Originally Posted by jrandmarsha View Post
    Ah That is wonderful!! Congrats! Twins would be a handful but such a joy!! I am so excited for you! That is terrible about the job and makes me worried!

Stopped bcp on the 11th and still no AF, so I go in WED for u/s and labs to see if we can start the stims without it! Bloatings and pains are definatley back!
    Thanks. And I work in a very stressful business, so I always knew it would be a matter of time before I was made to leave or wanted to leave on my own. We've waited SO long to have a baby, I can't let my job ruin it. I'll go on disability as long as I'm on doctor required "no work" and once I get cleared to work, I'll get a part-time job not in my field, so the stress won't be as high. The doctor says anywhere from 2 more weeks to a month, depending on how I do.

AF likes to take her time when we're waiting on her, doesn't she?? Hope she gets here soon so you can start stimming. KUP!

Rhonda, Cakegal, Sylvia, Rachel, Tigger & everybody - how are you doing??

AFM - I had a follow up scan today from last Thursday's scare. Baby A is measuring at 8 weeks (2 days early - what a grower! So proud!). Baby B was elusive. Doctor detected a heartbeat for Baby B at the beginning of today's scan, then couldn't find the baby or heartbeat when she went back to look. We are unclear if Baby B is still with us or just being shy. Praying for Baby B and Baby A and hoping they keep growing. Next scan is on Monday.

Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Maria - Looking forward to an update after your monitoring to see if/when you start stims!!!

BTW, Rhonda, do you have an u/s coming up? I can't wait to find out what you are having! You'll tell us, right?
    Well, I have my monthly OB appt next week Tuesday. It is blood work (Multiple Marker Screening test - done to analyze risks of downs syndrome) and doppler to hear HB. My scan for gender is not until my 20 week exam which is on Dec 21st. I will tell as soon as I find out, but I doubt I will have a scan next week!

Since it's twins, my due date is bumped up to the first week of June ( it was June 29th when it was just one). I joined the other day, but have to go back now - haven't been back yet. I'll still be posting here because this is where I feel most at home.

I second that motion - great idea, Rhonda! I'll still keep posting in here because I couldn't even think about leaving this room. You're too much like family at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    I third the motion! I like to keep up with everyone here. After all we have gone through to get to this point! I keep feeling these moments of joy mixed with disbelief this actually happening. We should have a post-ivf room. Think we could?
    Well, I suppose we could start a new thread or we could ask for a sticky. What should it be called? I was thinking it should be posted in "Expecting" and call it "Post-IVF". That is where Expecting after Struggling and Expecting With Multiples and Expecting over 35 are all located. It can't be here in TTC & Struggling to Conceive. Any other suggestions?

Thanks. And I work in a very stressful business, so I always knew it would be a matter of time before I was made to leave or wanted to leave on my own. We've waited SO long to have a baby, I can't let my job ruin it. I'll go on disability as long as I'm on doctor required "no work" and once I get cleared to work, I'll get a part-time job not in my field, so the stress won't be as high. The doctor says anywhere from 2 more weeks to a month, depending on how I do.

AFM - I had a follow up scan today from last Thursday's scare. Baby A is measuring at 8 weeks (2 days early - what a grower! So proud!). Baby B was elusive. Doctor detected a heartbeat for Baby B at the beginning of today's scan, then couldn't find the baby or heartbeat when she went back to look. We are unclear if Baby B is still with us or just being shy. Praying for Baby B and Baby A and hoping they keep growing. Next scan is on Monday.

Baby B is just being shy I'm sure! Glad you are getting your much needed rest and time away from work. KUP on your next scan.

AFM: We finally told my parents last night about our pregnancy and all went well. I was so relieved that they were happy for us and we even talked about after this LO is born having one more so this LO does not grow up without a sibling (our youngest is in HS next year)!! I also told my boss today...and this weekend, I bought my first maternity clothes!!

Last week I had my CD3 bloodwork done and now I am waiting on the results..It is all starting to feel so real now and in a way scary..but so very exciting!!
    STC #1 for 5years
    Praying for guidance in our journey to parenthood through adoption and eventually IVF.

Michelle, I am sure Baby is just hiding, after last time!

Maria, hope you start soon!

I am feeling really great right now, finally!

Well, I have my monthly OB appt next week Tuesday. It is blood work (Multiple Marker Screening test - done to analyze risks of downs syndrome) and doppler to hear HB. My scan for gender is not until my 20 week exam which is on Dec 21st. I will tell as soon as I find out, but I doubt I will have a scan next week!

Well, I suppose we could start a new thread or we could ask for a sticky. What should it be called? I was thinking it should be posted in "Expecting" and call it "Post-IVF". That is where Expecting after Struggling and Expecting With Multiples and Expecting over 35 are all located. It can't be here in TTC & Struggling to Conceive. Any other suggestions?

Baby B is just being shy I'm sure! Glad you are getting your much needed rest and time away from work. KUP on your next scan.

AFM: We finally told my parents last night about our pregnancy and all went well. I was so relieved that they were happy for us and we even talked about after this LO is born having one more so this LO does not grow up without a sibling (our youngest is in HS next year)!! I also told my boss today...and this weekend, I bought my first maternity clothes!!
    Good luck with your appointment next week. Praying all your tests come back clear! Too bad you won't have a scan, but at least you'll get to hear that beautiful heartbeat!

I like "Post-IVF" in "Expecting" that pretty much sums us up, right? I feel guilty - no one responded to my post in my DD room and I haven't been back in a few days to check.

Congrats on telling your parents and for them being on board! That must be such a relief to share the news and to have your family's support. And it must be nice to have the cat out of the bag at work, too. Yay for your first maternity clothes. Very exciting times! And with yoru youngest starting HS next year, she's the perfect age for baby-sitting! How lucky are you!

Last week I had my CD3 bloodwork done and now I am waiting on the results..It is all starting to feel so real now and in a way scary..but so very exciting!!
    Congratulations! Hope the results are good and that you'll be starting everything soon KUP!!

I hope you're right. I'm going to head over to the Expecting with multiples thread and see what they say about shy twins in the early weeks of pregnancy. So glad to hear you're feeling great!!! Good for you, Sylvia!

It is very exciting!! Good luck with everything!!

Good luck with your appointment next week. Praying all your tests come back clear! Too bad you won't have a scan, but at least you'll get to hear that beautiful heartbeat!
    Thanks

I like "Post-IVF" in "Expecting" that pretty much sums us up, right? I feel guilty - no one responded to my post in my DD room and I haven't been back in a few days to check.
    Me too. I will look into starting the other thread. Keep on the lookout!

Congrats on telling your parents and for them being on board! That must be such a relief to share the news and to have your family's support. And it must be nice to have the cat out of the bag at work, too. Yay for your first maternity clothes. Very exciting times! And with yoru youngest starting HS next year, she's the perfect age for baby-sitting! How lucky are you!
    Oh, I know, right! I am so lucky and it will be so moving to see my two children together. My DD will be very nurturing I'm 100% positive! Yes, it is great to have the cat out of the bag!

We are all praying for Baby B to just be a prankster! Hoping and praying all is well with both babies.

AF likes to take her time when we're waiting on her, doesn't she?? Hope she gets here soon so you can start stimming. KUP!

Ah! I wish I could aford to be able to leave if I needed to! But then we would have no money for the babies! How many did you have transferred?? So exciting!

Maria - Looking forward to an update after your monitoring to see if/when you start stims!!!

Thanks!!
    I think that a post IVF would be great!

Thanks! Glad you're feeling great!!

Sooooo... AF came today! Perfect in time for tomorrows US and blood work! Hopefully it will go quick because this month and cycle is going so slow!! I am so impatient! haha Keep the success stories coming!!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Wow, first week of June!!

Haha! Love the sweatpants. Now I can't wait til it's evening and a respectable hour to put on my super stretchy yoga pants and hide under a blanket on the couch. I'm all about comfort!

I think Baby B is just being a booger and hiding out. It's probably hiding behind A. I can't wait for your next scan - love that you are getting so many! KUP!

21st sounds so far away, but it will be here in a flash!! I can't wait!

Congratulations on all the milestones - telling the folks, your boss...and buying the maternity clothes. There are so many cute clothes out there! I have finally learned my lesson not to buy too much at once because I keep growing and now my first pair of maternity jeans are too tight. WAH!

and

Isn't it wonderful getting past the early tired/ick days? I'm slowly slipping from feeling great into feeling uncomfortable and I have a ways to go. I'm not complaining though, after all I went through to get here.

I like Post-IVF, too. And, I didn't see your DD room posting.. This is another reason why we need to get a room of our own.

Sooooo... AF came today! Perfect in time for tomorrows US and blood work! Hopefully it will go quick because this month and cycle is going so slow!! I am so impatient! haha Keep the success stories coming!!
    and It will speed up, don't worry. You'll be there in no time.

Thanks ladies for the support

I love hearing all of the success stories you have and I love hearing about the processes of it all..

(my name is Bailie..btw..I am trying to get everyones names in here)
    STC #1 for 5years

I

Me too. I will look into starting the other thread. Keep on the lookout!

Oh, I know, right! I am so lucky and it will be so moving to see my two children together. My DD will be very nurturing I'm 100% positive! Yes, it is great to have the cat out of the bag!

We are all praying for Baby B to just be a prankster! Hoping and praying all is well with both babies.
    Thanks, Rhonda! You're like our Den Mother here!! It is going to be great when you new addition to the family arrives - this is such an exciting time! I hope you're right about Baby B.

Ah! I wish I could aford to be able to leave if I needed to! But then we would have no money for the babies! How many did you have transferred?? So exciting!

Lol - we're in a fortunate situation. I can pay all the bills, but still need sort of side job so I can get the nursery ready, etc. I'll figure that out once I'm cleared to go back to work.

We had 3 transferred.

Wow, first week of June!!

Haha! Love the sweatpants. Now I can't wait til it's evening and a respectable hour to put on my super stretchy yoga pants and hide under a blanket on the couch. I'm all about comfort!

I think Baby B is just being a booger and hiding out. It's probably hiding behind A. I can't wait for your next scan - love that you are getting so many! KUP!

I have finally learned my lesson not to buy too much at once because I keep growing and now my first pair of maternity jeans are too tight. WAH!

Isn't it wonderful getting past the early tired/ick days? I'm slowly slipping from feeling great into feeling uncomfortable and I have a ways to go. I'm not complaining though, after all I went through to get here.

I like Post-IVF, too. And, I didn't see your DD room posting.. This is another reason why we need to get a room of our own.
    lol! T His week I'm allowing myself to lay on the couch as much as possible since it's my first week off. Next week I have to be a bit more disciplined and do somethings since I'm not on bed rest, just on no stress. And I hope you're right about Baby B just being a little imp and playing hide and seek. Luckily my RE is coding all the scans to high risk pregnancy so hoping they will be covered by insurance.

Sorry about the maternity jeans being too tight but it will ensure you have a nice chubby baby, right? No one wants a skinny baby and I'm sure you're gorgeous.

Sorry you're starting to get a bit uncomfortable. I hear you on the not complaining though - I feel the same way about my morning sickness. I'm so happy about this process - I can't find a thing to complain about. Hang in there and hope you start feeling better soon.

Hmmm....that is weird you couldn't find my post in the DD room - I'll have to check that out.

Thanks ladies for the support

I love hearing all of the success stories you have and I love hearing about the processes of it all..

(my name is Bailie..btw..I am trying to get everyones names in here)
    Hi Bailie!!! My name is Michele. Nice to know you're real name.

Maria and Ballie, hope all is fine and you start the process. KUP on how it is oing.

Michelle, I love the sweatpants also. I love getting home from work and putting them on!!

Rhonda, good luck with the multiple marker. I think we skip that as I had the NT scan.

Thanks, Rhonda! You're like our Den Mother here!! It is going to be great when you new addition to the family arrives - this is such an exciting time! I hope you're right about Baby B.

Lol - we're in a fortunate situation. I can pay all the bills, but still need sort of side job so I can get the nursery ready, etc. I'll figure that out once I'm cleared to go back to work.

We had 3 transferred.

lol! T His week I'm allowing myself to lay on the couch as much as possible since it's my first week off. Next week I have to be a bit more disciplined and do somethings since I'm not on bed rest, just on no stress. And I hope you're right about Baby B just being a little imp and playing hide and seek. Luckily my RE is coding all the scans to high risk pregnancy so hoping they will be covered by insurance.

Sorry about the maternity jeans being too tight but it will ensure you have a nice chubby baby, right? No one wants a skinny baby and I'm sure you're gorgeous.

Sorry you're starting to get a bit uncomfortable. I hear you on the not complaining though - I feel the same way about my morning sickness. I'm so happy about this process - I can't find a thing to complain about. Hang in there and hope you start feeling better soon.

Hmmm....that is weird you couldn't find my post in the DD room - I'll have to check that out.

Hi Bailie!!! My name is Michele. Nice to know you're real name.

Ah that is great then! Very fortunate. In our case I am the one that brings home the money. So I think itd be him staying home more then me which I guess is okay? He laughs that we are like that couple in the show Parenthood, where she is a lawyer and he stays at home with the daughter and does all the mom things.

3 transferred! I dont think my doc will do that. I just convinced him to do 2. He is convinced since I am only 22 that they will work but I am not. We will see!

Maria and Ballie, hope all is fine and you start the process. KUP on how it is oing.

Michelle, I love the sweatpants also. I love getting home from work and putting them on!!

Rhonda, good luck with the multiple marker. I think we skip that as I had the NT scan.
    Thanks! Baseline and blood was good today.

Day two of AF and the Lupron shot killed me today, I guess I am just super sensitive from AF.

They will call me back around noon to tell me the next step and start the stims and so forth!!

BABYDUST TO ALL
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Michelle: Very nice to meet you..

Maria: I am about the same age as you. My Dr. kind of has the same theory.."you are young it will work with just one" kind of thing but I think I have him convinced that we want to have and can handle having 2 or 3 transferred.

AFM: a week later and still haven't got my results from all the blood work I am getting a little impatient.
    STC #1 for 5years

Maria: I am about the same age as you. My Dr. kind of has the same theory.."you are young it will work with just one" kind of thing but I think I have him convinced that we want to have and can handle having 2 or 3 transferred.

AFM: a week later and still haven't got my results from all the blood work I am getting a little impatient.
    Ah thats great to know because not many are around the same age as me so that helps a little! What part are you on now??

Nurse called yesturday and said my ovarias are over responding, probably due to my PCOS. So I start friday night the rest of shots, and do that friday sat and sun and come in for checks monday wednesday friday sat and sunday then monday and then tuesday or wed will be retrieval!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

That seems like an awfully long time to wait for blood work...what does the doctor say>

Ah thats great to know because not many are around the same age as me so that helps a little! What part are you on now??

Nurse called yesturday and said my ovarias are over responding, probably due to my PCOS. So I start friday night the rest of shots, and do that friday sat and sun and come in for checks monday wednesday friday sat and sunday then monday and then tuesday or wed will be retrieval!
    I'm glad they caught that. Hoping things go well and your ovaries slow down a bit. Good luck!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

That seems like an awfully long time to wait for blood work...what does the doctor say>

I'm glad they caught that. Hoping things go well and your ovaries slow down a bit. Good luck!
    Thanks me too, I OHSS last year and was hospitalized for 3montha. It was terrible, many surgeries which provoked a lot of other issues. So she said that When I start Friday, by my appointment Monday I will probably already OHSS and then she said we may need to cancel if it is bad, so that makes me nervous. She did say that they are trying to plan it so my regular doc will be the ne doing the retrieval which would need to be the 30th or 1st... weird? Oh well. I need to call her back because she gave me directions how to combine them all into one shot at night and I dont get it.
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Well I just got my results back (most of them anyway still waiting on a few including my thyroid) and here they are:
    FSH 5.6
    Estrogen 35
    Prolactin 18.9
    and of course all the disease screenings and such were negative. the nurse seemed really happy with these numbers! I am glad..I am a little worried about the thyroid number but we will have to wait and see what it is.

I am still in the early stages just getting blood work and such done but we are planning to do a cycle in January ..I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and will be checking back for updates after the retrieval and transfer! good luck ;)
    STC #1 for 5years

Thanks me too, I OHSS last year and was hospitalized for 3montha. It was terrible, many surgeries which provoked a lot of other issues. So she said that When I start Friday, by my appointment Monday I will probably already OHSS and then she said we may need to cancel if it is bad, so that makes me nervous. She did say that they are trying to plan it so my regular doc will be the ne doing the retrieval which would need to be the 30th or 1st... weird? Oh well. I need to call her back because she gave me directions how to combine them all into one shot at night and I dont get it.
    Well, I hope you don't have to cancel. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hope you figured out how to combine the shots.

Well I just got my results back (most of them anyway still waiting on a few including my thyroid) and here they are:
    FSH 5.6
    Estrogen 35
    Prolactin 18.9
    and of course all the disease screenings and such were negative. the nurse seemed really happy with these numbers! I am glad..I am a little worried about the thyroid number but we will have to wait and see what it is.
    Congrats! Those are great numbers. Hoping your Thyroid comes back clear, too and that you can start without any issues in January!

I am still in the early stages just getting blood work and such done but we are planning to do a cycle in January ..I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and will be checking back for updates after the retrieval and transfer! good luck ;)

Just a little chime here.. I had severe OHSS (actually still have, and it has been over 3 months since retrieval)my ovaries still have not gone down Have you asked your doctor about a Lupron trigger shot? It is a different protocol and apparently, its supposed to reduce the risk to like 3%. I had that protocol, because I was an overresponder to the meds.. I did get late onset OHSS (after transfer) though, but not because of the trigger shot....it was b/c my own body started producing HCG (positive beta).. but long story short, hopefully you wont need it in the future, but the Lupron trigger is supposed to really help.. Hope that made sense...
    Last edited by 32ellah; 11-20-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 32ellah View Post
    Just a little chime here.. I had severe OHSS (actually still have, and it has been over 3 months since retrieval)my ovaries still have not gone done Have you asked your doctor about a Lupron trigger shot? It is a different protocol and apparently, its supposed to reduce the risk to like 3%. I had that protocol, because I was an overresponder to the meds.. I did get late onset OHSS (after transfer) though, but not because of the trigger shot....it was b/c my own body started producing HCG (positive beta).. but long story short, hopefully you wont need it in the future, but the Lupron trigger is supposed to really help.. Hope that made sense...
    Wow, They havent said you need surgery or anything? I will ask, but they said they will be monitoring me daily so hopefully I will be okay.

Started Gonal F and Menopur today - Mixed them into one shot. OUCH! Long painful shot and I even have a mark from it now!
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Wow, They havent said you need surgery or anything? I will ask, but they said they will be monitoring me daily so hopefully I will be okay.

Started Gonal F and Menopur today - Mixed them into one shot. OUCH! Long painful shot and I even have a mark from it now!
    They did send me straight to the OR, where I think they aspirated 950 ml of fluid from my abdomen...also about an hour of IV fluids for dehydration (apparently, you have lots of fluid, it just goes in the wrong places) I am pretty tall, so they said the fluid had a lot of places to go.. I was pretty worried about it moving towards my lungs..but after the aspiration it seemed to stay contained. They said after a while, it should get better, and I think it has, but they said my ovaries are still quite enlarged Oh the things we go through!

I havent heard of mixing the gonal and menopur.. I took them seperately.. but you are right about OUCH! I thought the menopur was pretty painful! Are they having you take Ganirelix?

Michelle - Do you have another u/s today? and KUP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 32ellah View Post
    They did send me straight to the OR, where I think they aspirated 950 ml of fluid from my abdomen...also about an hour of IV fluids for dehydration (apparently, you have lots of fluid, it just goes in the wrong places) I am pretty tall, so they said the fluid had a lot of places to go.. I was pretty worried about it moving towards my lungs..but after the aspiration it seemed to stay contained. They said after a while, it should get better, and I think it has, but they said my ovaries are still quite enlarged Oh the things we go through!

I havent heard of mixing the gonal and menopur.. I took them seperately.. but you are right about OUCH! I thought the menopur was pretty painful! Are they having you take Ganirelix?
    Oh wow! I am sorry, yes the things we go through haha

No Ganirelix, just the menopur lupron gonal f and then I have the two ovidrels and the progesterone oils and all the pills and such.

The nurse today said that these shots are nothing compared to the progesterone. I am SO nervous about that.

What is your next step??
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

Michelle - Do you have another u/s today? and KUP!!!
    I did! We unfortunately lost Baby B (that was probably the bleeding I experienced Thursday before last). It was measuring exactly the same as almost two weeks ago and there was no heartbeat today. But Baby A is doing great! It's measuring at 8 weeks 6 days (1 day early - such a good grower) and it has a heartbeat of 175. I graduated from my RE's office today!!! She is very pleased with our progress and she saw no signs of bleeding and my cervix is closed. I'm very excited! While we're sad about Baby B, we feel that it just wasn't in God's plan for us to have twins. And we're very grateful for Baby A being so healthy, so we're focusing on that. So my due date is back to June 29th. It is a relief to know how many babies we're having. It was weird not to know, you know? Thanks for asking, Rachel!

Michelle, sorry about Baby B. I'm so happy Baby A is doing well, though!! What a heartbeat!! Do you have any more u/s's coming up? Or do you wait for the 12 week NT scan? You're already almost 9 weeks. Hooray!!!

Come on over to the Post-IVF room in EAS one of these days!

Oh wow! I am sorry, yes the things we go through haha

No Ganirelix, just the menopur lupron gonal f and then I have the two ovidrels and the progesterone oils and all the pills and such.

The nurse today said that these shots are nothing compared to the progesterone. I am SO nervous about that.

What is your next step??
    Can they put you on endometrin? The suppositories? My clinic had me on those.. and while they were messy, I liked that idea better than the prog shots.

We had a positive beta, so we are taking it one day at a time I will be thinking wonderful thoughts for you on this cycle!
    Last edited by 32ellah; 11-23-2010 at 07:15 AM.