Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF - Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Hi ladies. I'm 8dp3dt. I broke down and tested this morning...BFN. I'll try to remain optimistic but I think I'm out. No symptoms or anything. I was researching implanation for 3dt and I should have picked up a faint line or something on the HPT. Not giving up, just being realistic. My HMO will pay for up to 6 IVF's. If this one doesn't work we'll definitely go on to #3.

Beta is Friday. Will KUP.

SoBe
    I agree with the other ladies - it is still early so I wouldn't take that one test as gospel. I'm glad your HMO covers so many IVFs. Praying you won't need them.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Michelle, today!!! Thinking of you and sending you as many and as I can!!!!!
    Thanks, Rachel!

I'm doing well, thanks. My anatomy scan is next Wed, and hopefully the baby will cooperate and show what it is!! I can't wait!!
    I can't wait to hear how your scan goes, Rachel! Praying baby is good so you can see what it is!

Michelle - Are those embabies snuggled in nice and cozy?
    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    What a blessing!! I am anxious to hear how yesterday's transfer went...how many blasts you transferred and if you were able to get any frosties. Best of luck & hope you are resting well!!!
    Thanks ladies! The transfer went well, the doctor was very pleased. We ended up transferring 3 embies 1 A, 1 B & 1 C. My DH decided at the most absolute minute to add another embie to the mix - I'm glad he did. I like the #3...my RE said only one day of bed rest for a 5 day transfer, so I laid low yesterday absolutely no movement other than the bathroom. But today, I will lay down as well. Just to the fridge and bathroom since DH had to go back to work. Praying my LOs are getting comfy. Please keep us in your prayers! thanks!
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 10-12-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Thanks ladies! The transfer went well, the doctor was very pleased. We ended up transferring 3 embies 1 A, 1 B & 1 C. My DH decided at the most absolute minute to add another embie to the mix - I'm glad he did. I like the #3...my RE said only one day of bed rest for a 5 day transfer, so I laid low yesterday absolutely no movement other than the bathroom. But today, I will lay down as well. Just to the fridge and bathroom since DH had to go back to work. Praying my LOs are getting comfy. Please keep us in your prayers! thanks!
    Ooohhh, girl, get ready for multiples!! WOO HOO!! What day is beta?!?

x 1000!!!!

OMG Michelle...you transferred 3 blasts! You are definitely going to be knocked up...question is will you end up with twins or triplets???
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Michelle, that is so exciting!! I did nothing for about 3 days but lay around after, I didn't want to take a chance of shaking anything loose!

SoBe, I am keeping my fingers crossed and prayers for you. Don't stress

I had my second u/s and could see a little brain, arms and legs even and there was a good heartbeat. So far so good. I was a nervous wreck the last few days!

Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post

I had my second u/s and could see a little brain, arms and legs even and there was a good heartbeat. So far so good. I was a nervous wreck the last few days!

Sylvia
    Sylvia, glad you had a great u/s!!! They are so reassuring, aren't they?

I'm doing well, thanks. My anatomy scan is next Wed, and hopefully the baby will cooperate and show what it is!! I can't wait!!

How are you doing? Congrats on getting through the first trimester!! WOO HOO!!
    Thanks. I am doing great. I am still off work. I don't know how other mamas can handle 1st trimester during working. They are amazing... You will find out gender of your LO on next Wed!!
    I already know about gender of my baby.
    Now, it's time to relax!! Are you ready for twin? Now I think it would be even better to have twin and done. hehe~
    Pray for you

Rhonda- How are you doing?
    Last edited by mistyone1; 10-13-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

Ooohhh, girl, get ready for multiples!! WOO HOO!! What day is beta?!?

x 1000!!!!
    LOL! The funny part is DH was absolutely against transferring more than 2, but when the doctor was waiting for our embryos to be brought in (the cather was already inserted) he changed his mind. The staff was very excited and I can't believe he went for it! . Our beta is on 10/20.

OMG Michelle...you transferred 3 blasts! You are definitely going to be knocked up...question is will you end up with twins or triplets???
    I can't wait! We will be happy with whatever we get as long as it is a successful pregnancy and results in a healthy baby(ies).

Michelle, that is so exciting!! I did nothing for about 3 days but lay around after, I didn't want to take a chance of shaking anything loose!

Sylvia
    Last year I did nothing for 5 days and it didn't work. So this time, the whole cycle, I've just been mellow and relaxed about everything. I laid still for 1 day, moved slightly day 2 and yesterday I left the house to run an errand. Today I'll be home bound today, but just because it is gray out and I feel like being lazy. Congrats on your fantastic u/s! I'm so happy for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistyone1 View Post
    Thanks. I am doing great. I am still off work. I don't know how other mamas can handle 1st trimester during working. They are amazing... You will find out gender of your LO on next Wed!!

Now, it's time to relax!! Are you ready for twin? Now I think it would be even better to have twin and done. hehe~
    Pray for you

Rhonda- How are you doing?
    Thanks, Misty! I'm totally ready for twins - my DH & I would love that. We'll see what happens. I think triplets would be overwhelming, but again, it would be nice to have all our babies at once!

SoBe - I'm praying for your beta tomorrow

SO - I got a call from our RE yesterday (who I officially love now) and she said that our two remaining embies made it to freeze!!! YAY!!! That has never happened for us before! She said that though one was c grade and one was a morella(?) they both ended up developing into strong 5-day embies and made it to freeze. She was pleasantly surprised and hoping we will not need them for a while. ME, too. It also makes me wonder - remember how my DH wanted that third embie transfered - the c quality - maybe that one caught up with the others on the inside? Hmm... Feeling good - not a ton of side effects from meds which is nice. Slightly sore bbs, little cramps and twinges, but all is good. Just enjoying my time off from work.
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 10-14-2010 at 09:54 AM.

I've got serious baby brains so forgive me for not remembering, but how do you know the gender already?! And what is it?

LOL! The funny part is DH was absolutely against transferring more than 2, but when the doctor was waiting for our embryos to be brought in (the cather was already inserted) he changed his mind. The staff was very excited and I can't believe he went for it! . Our beta is on 10/20.

I can't wait! We will be happy with whatever we get as long as it is a successful pregnancy and results in a healthy baby(ies).

Last year I did nothing for 5 days and it didn't work. So this time, the whole cycle, I've just been mellow and relaxed about everything. I laid still for 1 day, moved slightly day 2 and yesterday I left the house to run an errand. Today I'll be home bound today, but just because it is gray out and I feel like being lazy. Congrats on your fantastic u/s! I'm so happy for you!!

Thanks, Misty! I'm totally ready for twins - my DH & I would love that. We'll see what happens. I think triplets would be overwhelming, but again, it would be nice to have all our babies at once!

SO - I got a call from our RE yesterday (who I officially love now) and she said that our two remaining embies made it to freeze!!! YAY!!! That has never happened for us before! She said that though one was c grade and one was a morella(?) they both ended up developing into strong 5-day embies and made it to freeze. She was pleasantly surprised and hoping we will not need them for a while. ME, too. It also makes me wonder - remember how my DH wanted that third embie transfered - the c quality - maybe that one caught up with the others on the inside? Hmm... Feeling good - not a ton of side effects from meds which is nice. Slightly sore bbs, little cramps and twinges, but all is good. Just enjoying my time off from work.
    Michelle, I'm so happy for you.. Relaxed is the way to go.. What a great cycle for you, and to have two make it to freeze. Really, truly fantastic! I can't wait til the 20th.. I'm counting the days bc that is my next U/S, so I'll definitely remember it's the day you get your BFP!
    Last edited by rss73; 10-14-2010 at 10:37 AM.

SoBe - Wishing you tons of good vibes for your beta tomorrow!! KUP!! and major

Hi SOBe, wishing you tons of luck and prayers for a BFP!!

Sylvia

I said that I would come on here and be strong, be reading your posts have made me completely emotional. AF arrived this morning so I'm officially out. We have to go through the motions of getting the Beta done tomorrow because it's formality. I started cramping on yesterday so I knew AF would be around soon.

{{sniff,sniff}} But on the BRIGHT side, DH and I had a long talk and have decided to go with a different RE. We spoke with our insurance provider earlier today and they sent us a list of RE's and will give us a referral as soon as things are wrapped up with the current RE. Once the Beta is done and we have a medical BFN we will be able to move on to someone new. We decided on a RE who is closer to home and affiliated with a top university. I've already called his office and introduced myself . Once things are cleared they will request my medical records and consult with me and DH to start a new cycle. Hopefully it will take only a month to get me started with a new protocol.

Soooooo ladies not all is lost. When life gives you lemons.....make lemonaide!!! Love you much. I'm not going anywhere!!

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Oh SoBe! I'm so,so sorry dear . I was so hoping and praying this would be it. It will happen for you one day! God bless you and your husband for such a positive attitude during something so devastating! Still praying for you,and now that the new RE will be it!

It sounds like awesome cycle for you!! I am excited for you! It's hard to wait, right? Are you gonna do POAS?
    I've got serious baby brains so forgive me for not remembering, but how do you know the gender already?! And what is it?
    It's a girl about 90% US showed a girl's genital area. They say doctor can tell the gender of baby around 12 week(earliest).
    I said that I would come on here and be strong, be reading your posts have made me completely emotional. AF arrived this morning so I'm officially out. We have to go through the motions of getting the Beta done tomorrow because it's formality. I started cramping on yesterday so I knew AF would be around soon.

{{sniff,sniff}} But on the BRIGHT side, DH and I had a long talk and have decided to go with a different RE. We spoke with our insurance provider earlier today and they sent us a list of RE's and will give us a referral as soon as things are wrapped up with the current RE. Once the Beta is done and we have a medical BFN we will be able to move on to someone new. We decided on a RE who is closer to home and affiliated with a top university. I've already called his office and introduced myself . Once things are cleared they will request my medical records and consult with me and DH to start a new cycle. Hopefully it will take only a month to get me started with a new protocol.

Soooooo ladies not all is lost. When life gives you lemons.....make lemonaide!!! Love you much. I'm not going anywhere!!
    I am sorry that it didn't work... But I believe that you will be a mama. Glad that you and your DH are positive. Hope you the best with new RE.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)

I'm so sorry, SoBe... I hope you can seal it up with the old RE soon and get started right away somewhere new. Sending big hugs your way.

SOBe so sorry to hear it didn't work But I am still rooting for you and feel it will be different with the new RE. Lots of prayers your way!

I'm so sorry, SoBe. I was really praying this was it for you. But I'm glad you're going to switch to a new RE. I think that will make a big difference. Our old RE was an hour away from our house and the new one is 15 minutes - much less stress. And sometimes it helps to have a new set of eyes on yrou situation, to shake things up. Praying you can get started on your next cycle quickly so you can get your BFP. You have a fantastic attitude, SoBe. Keep it up.

Michelle, I'm so happy for you.. Relaxed is the way to go.. What a great cycle for you, and to have two make it to freeze. Really, truly fantastic! I can't wait til the 20th.. I'm counting the days bc that is my next U/S, so I'll definitely remember it's the day you get your BFP!
    Thanks, Rachel! I'm just giving this cycle up to God and that takes a lot of the worry out of it. I find myself worrying less about every little twinge and cramp now that I realize it is completely out of my hands. I can't wait for your next u/s! I hope the 20th comes quickly for us!

It sounds like awesome cycle for you!! I am excited for you! It's hard to wait, right? Are you gonna do POAS?
    Thanks, Misty! So far, the waiting isn't too bad - I'm so excited to be of of work that I'm enjoying my days relaxing, reading and napping. Headed to visit my grandparents today which should be fun. Not sure if I will POAS...I might, but not sure when would be a good time to see a line? Any thoughts, ladies?

It's a girl about 90% US showed a girl's genital area. They say doctor can tell the gender of baby around 12 week(earliest).
    Yeah!! That is so awesome!! A girl! They couldn't tell at my 12 week scan, or they didn't want to get my hopes up..either way the next one is in a few days with the full 20 wk anatomy scan. I could have had one sooner, but I wanted my DH to be there when I find out and that's when we were able to clear his work calendar.

Thanks, Rachel! I'm just giving this cycle up to God and that takes a lot of the worry out of it. I find myself worrying less about every little twinge and cramp now that I realize it is completely out of my hands. I can't wait for your next u/s! I hope the 20th comes quickly for us!

Thanks, Misty! So far, the waiting isn't too bad - I'm so excited to be of of work that I'm enjoying my days relaxing, reading and napping. Headed to visit my grandparents today which should be fun. Not sure if I will POAS...I might, but not sure when would be a good time to see a line? Any thoughts, ladies?
    Well, I'm a POAS-addict, as I'm sure you know! Let's see, tomorrow will be 10dpo theoretically, right? I think that is the absolute earliest one can usually see a BFP (but remember, it's still early, not guaranteed).. Whatever you decide, PLEASE update us ASAP. I'm dying to hear you announce your BFP!!!

Hi Michelle, Just keep resting and you may end up with all three embies! Your instant family I did my POAS at 9dpt and got a positive, then I did it again the next day to make sure!

Sylvia

Yeah!! That is so awesome!! A girl! They couldn't tell at my 12 week scan, or they didn't want to get my hopes up..either way the next one is in a few days with the full 20 wk anatomy scan. I could have had one sooner, but I wanted my DH to be there when I find out and that's when we were able to clear his work calendar.
    It would be amazing to be there you and your DH together. How exciting!! I was always curious about the gender of my LO. Study showed IVF w/ ICSI tends to have more girls and IVF without ICSI tends to have more boys...
    I didn't do POAS cuz I was scared to see a line again. Also, I didn't think I was pregnant. You will see the positive results on 10dp3dt.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)

Well, I'm a POAS-addict, as I'm sure you know! Let's see, tomorrow will be 10dpo theoretically, right? I think that is the absolute earliest one can usually see a BFP (but remember, it's still early, not guaranteed).. Whatever you decide, PLEASE update us ASAP. I'm dying to hear you announce your BFP!!!
    Hi Michelle, Just keep resting and you may end up with all three embies! Your instant family I did my POAS at 9dpt and got a positive, then I did it again the next day to make sure!

Sylvia
    It would be amazing to be there you and your DH together. How exciting!! I was always curious about the gender of my LO. Study showed IVF w/ ICSI tends to have more girls and IVF without ICSI tends to have more boys...

I didn't do POAS cuz I was scared to see a line again. Also, I didn't think I was pregnant. You will see the positive results on 10dp3dt.
    Thanks ladies. So theoretically I might see something tomorrow? And another question - does it really need to be the first morning urine that I test with or can I test any time? Thanks.

Thanks ladies. So theoretically I might see something tomorrow? And another question - does it really need to be the first morning urine that I test with or can I test any time? Thanks.
    I POAS 10dp5dt(day before my beta)and got an instant line. First morning urine is best because it has the most concentration of hCG as you have not peed for quite a while. I'll be thinking about you and sending you tons of prayers and

Sylvia
    How exciting & reassuring. Glad you will be less stressed now that you say your LO again!

That is awesome! Oh, and cramps & twinges at this stage is a good sign for implantation!

As far as POAS, I would recommend you wait until 11dp0 (6dp5dt) so you can get a nice line and if at all possible, first morning urine is best when testing so early. Good luck!

Big Sobe. I'm sorry this was not your winner cycle, but it sounds like that is within close reach!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 10-16-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Michelle - just wanted to say if you POAS today!!

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    I POAS 10dp5dt(day before my beta)and got an instant line. First morning urine is best because it has the most concentration of hCG as you have not peed for quite a while. I'll be thinking about you and sending you tons of prayers and
    How exciting & reassuring. Glad you will be less stressed now that you say your LO again!

That is awesome! Oh, and cramps & twinges at this stage is a good sign for implantation!

As far as POAS, I would recommend you wait until 11dp0 (6dp5dt) so you can get a nice line and if at all possible, first morning urine is best when testing so early. Good luck!

Big Sobe. I'm sorry this was not your winner cycle, but it sounds like that is within close reach!
    Michelle - just wanted to say if you POAS today!!
    Thanks for all the advice ladies! I think I will wait until closer to beta to test, but at least I know now how to go about it!

Thanks for all the advice ladies! I think I will wait until closer to beta to test, but at least I know now how to go about it!
    Ahhh!! I've been waiting to see if you caved all day! Can't wait til you do test bc I know it's going to be a BFP!

I agree...Michelle is going to see a + when she does cave in!!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 10-18-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Michelle, I had a dream this afternoon (yes, I took an afternoon nap) that you posted about your BFP!!!

Ahhh!! I've been waiting to see if you caved all day! Can't wait til you do test bc I know it's going to be a BFP!

I agree...Michelle is going to see a + when she does cave in!!
    Michelle, I had a dream this afternoon (yes, I took an afternoon nap) that you posted about your BFP!!!
    Thanks, Rachel & Rhonda! I forgot to POAS this morning (using the first morning urine is the thing that is getting me). SO I will have to put the tests in the bathroom tonight.