Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1336

Thread: IVF - Sisters

  1. #271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Yay for starting stims tomorrow!! Are you psyched or what???
    Totally psyched!!.

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I forgot to mention, I graduated from my RE today and I will start seeing my OB now. I can't wait to call them tomorrow. I was instructed to continue for 23 days: PIO shots & Estrogen patches. I am to continue until 32 weeks: Lovenox & baby aspirin. I will find out in about 2 weeks if I have to continue the IVIG. So far all of my E2, progesterone & betas have been normal and well within the proper ranges and the HB was strong and baby is measuring 6w6d when I am at 7w0d, so he is right on schedule. They were very pleased, no spotting, bleeding, cramps and with all labs continuing to be very good results they won't need to keep seeing me at RE. What a relief this has all been. I'm just overjoyed today...
    That's wonderful. I'm on baby aspirin too. Along with my new protocol I hope that does the trick. I'm sooooo happy for you.

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

  2. #272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I forgot to mention, I graduated from my RE today and I will start seeing my OB now. I can't wait to call them tomorrow. I was instructed to continue for 23 days: PIO shots & Estrogen patches. I am to continue until 32 weeks: Lovenox & baby aspirin. I will find out in about 2 weeks if I have to continue the IVIG. So far all of my E2, progesterone & betas have been normal and well within the proper ranges and the HB was strong and baby is measuring 6w6d when I am at 7w0d, so he is right on schedule. They were very pleased, no spotting, bleeding, cramps and with all labs continuing to be very good results they won't need to keep seeing me at RE. What a relief this has all been. I'm just overjoyed today...
    I'm just thrilled for you, mama!!

  3. #273

    Default

    I am over the moon to hear that news Rhonda! I know you are living in a dream right now and after your little one gets here you will think back and the pain you went through won't be as sharp...I read my journal I kept through my whole experience and cry everytime I do because no one knows but all of us how terribly hard and difficult this process is.

    I remember one night DH and I were both so stressed and nervous bf we started the IVF that we were having an all out brawl (can't even remember what it was over) and by the end of it we landed up crying in each other's arms in the hallway on the floor.

    No one but all of us understand.

  4. #274

    Default

    Rhonda - I've been waiting to hear about your US! I'm so thrilled for you!!!
    Last edited by Islandgirl; 09-17-2010 at 08:04 AM.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistyone1 View Post
    rss-When did you stop your progestrone? My RE wants me to use til end of 9 week. Isn't this too early to stop? I am little worry cuz I have low progestron level.
    I was told by both RE and OB to take it til 12 weeks.. but a few days before I hit 12 days exactly I halved my progesterone..I had a little extra, so I just continued to take it til 12w3d or something like that, just to be safe. I'm sure your DR knows what's best for you, and you can always have it tested if you stop at 9 weeks..or just ask if you can take it longer. Can't hurt.


    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    We have a perfectly healthy and growing baby with a HB of 135!!! It was so small and hard to make out details, but I showed my DH and DD the head and tail and curvature of the spine and they both were able to see the shape as well. It was awesome!! I haven't been this happy in such a very long time. This has been a magical day for me and I'm just so relieved and...well, pregnant!! Thanks everyone for looking for my update and caring so much. It really means a lot to me. Love you all...

    Rhonda
    WONDERFUL!!!

  6. #276

    Default

    So excited to hear about that strong heartbeat, Rhonda!

  7. #277

    Default

    Seriously, you gals are THE BEST! You make this journey so much easier and moments like this so very special. I have so much love & gratitude towards each and every one of you for caring and watching for my updates!

    Quote Originally Posted by sobeit33 View Post
    your dream come true!

    Quote Originally Posted by janieleigh501 View Post
    So happy for you today Rhonda! This has been a LONG time coming!!! I look forward to hearing all about this LO's growing!

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgirl View Post
    Yeahhhh Rhonda!!!! I'm so excited that you saw a HB. Girl 135 is great for a hb this early too. I think Lucas's was 100 or so. U go momma!!! I can't wait for all your updates on pregnancy. Enjoy momma.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    That's wonderful. I'm on baby aspirin too. Along with my new protocol I hope that does the trick. I'm sooooo happy for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    I'm just thrilled for you, mama!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gerbeme View Post
    I am over the moon to hear that news Rhonda! I know you are living in a dream right now and after your little one gets here you will think back and the pain you went through won't be as sharp...I read my journal I kept through my whole experience and cry everytime I do because no one knows but all of us how terribly hard and difficult this process is.

    I remember one night DH and I were both so stressed and nervous bf we started the IVF that we were having an all out brawl (can't even remember what it was over) and by the end of it we landed up crying in each other's arms in the hallway on the floor.

    No one but all of us understand.
    (so true, so true)

    Quote Originally Posted by Islandgirl View Post
    Rhonda - I've been waiting to hear about your US! I'm so thrilled for you!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    WONDERFUL!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    So excited to hear about that strong heartbeat, Rhonda!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-24-2010 at 02:19 PM.

  8. #278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I forgot to mention, I graduated from my RE today and I will start seeing my OB now. I can't wait to call them tomorrow. I was instructed to continue for 23 days: PIO shots & Estrogen patches. I am to continue until 32 weeks: Lovenox & baby aspirin. I will find out in about 2 weeks if I have to continue the IVIG. So far all of my E2, progesterone & betas have been normal and well within the proper ranges and the HB was strong and baby is measuring 6w6d when I am at 7w0d, so he is right on schedule. They were very pleased, no spotting, bleeding, cramps and with all labs continuing to be very good results they won't need to keep seeing me at RE. What a relief this has all been. I'm just overjoyed today...
    I am excited for you. Isn't that amazing?
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

  9. #279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    I was told by both RE and OB to take it til 12 weeks.. but a few days before I hit 12 days exactly I halved my progesterone..I had a little extra, so I just continued to take it til 12w3d or something like that, just to be safe. I'm sure your DR knows what's best for you, and you can always have it tested if you stop at 9 weeks..or just ask if you can take it longer. Can't hurt.
    Thank you for your reply. I sent an emil to RE. I will continue at least 10-11 week. I heard that placenta takes over around 10 week. I am scared to stop progestrone... My RE doesn't take any blood work any more and I was released from her care. Did you also take estrogen til 12 week?
    Last edited by mistyone1; 09-17-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistyone1 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I sent an emil to RE. I will continue at least 10-11 week. I heard that placenta takes over around 10 week. I am scared to stop progestrone... My RE doesn't take any blood work any more and I was released from her care. Did you also take estrogen til 12 week?
    I was scared to stop it earlier, too, and even at 12 weeks I kept asking if it was ok to stop. I wonder if they had me take it longer bc of my last m/c or what?

    I did take estrogen patches til 12 weeks, too, only I didn't wean off of those, I just stopped at 12 weeks exactly.

  11. #281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post






    You ladies are so sweet and obviously patient...sorry it's been a crazy busy day and I'm taking a few minutes before my PIO shot to update you all...

    We have a perfectly healthy and growing baby with a HB of 135!!! It was so small and hard to make out details, but I showed my DH and DD the head and tail and curvature of the spine and they both were able to see the shape as well. It was awesome!! I haven't been this happy in such a very long time. This has been a magical day for me and I'm just so relieved and...well, pregnant!! Thanks everyone for looking for my update and caring so much. It really means a lot to me. Love you all...

    Rhonda
    Congratulations, Rhonda!!! I'm so happy for you! So glad your baby has a nice strong Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

  12. #282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I forgot to mention, I graduated from my RE today and I will start seeing my OB now. I can't wait to call them tomorrow. I was instructed to continue for 23 days: PIO shots & Estrogen patches. I am to continue until 32 weeks: Lovenox & baby aspirin. I will find out in about 2 weeks if I have to continue the IVIG. So far all of my E2, progesterone & betas have been normal and well within the proper ranges and the HB was strong and baby is measuring 6w6d when I am at 7w0d, so he is right on schedule. They were very pleased, no spotting, bleeding, cramps and with all labs continuing to be very good results they won't need to keep seeing me at RE. What a relief this has all been. I'm just overjoyed today...
    That's wonderful news, Rhonda!!! I"m so happy your dreams have come tru and you prayers have been answered!!!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

  13. #283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistyone1 View Post
    I am excited for you. Isn't that amazing?


    Quote Originally Posted by mistyone1 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I sent an emil to RE. I will continue at least 10-11 week. I heard that placenta takes over around 10 week. I am scared to stop progestrone... My RE doesn't take any blood work any more and I was released from her care. Did you also take estrogen til 12 week?
    My RE keeps you on PIO up to 10 weeks. Then it's up to my OB whether I continue or go to another form of progesterone for a couple of more weeks. My RE took final b/w day of my 1st u/s before they released me. Of course I had E2 & Progesterone checks with both beta hcg's as well.

    I stay on Estrogen patches until my 10th week also.

    Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Congratulations, Rhonda!!! I'm so happy for you! So glad your baby has a nice strong Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-17-2010 at 02:31 PM.

  14. #284

    Default

    Congratulations Rhonda,
    I am so happy for you! What a great feeling

  15. #285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I forgot to mention, I graduated from my RE today and I will start seeing my OB now. I can't wait to call them tomorrow. I was instructed to continue for 23 days: PIO shots & Estrogen patches. I am to continue until 32 weeks: Lovenox & baby aspirin. I will find out in about 2 weeks if I have to continue the IVIG. So far all of my E2, progesterone & betas have been normal and well within the proper ranges and the HB was strong and baby is measuring 6w6d when I am at 7w0d, so he is right on schedule. They were very pleased, no spotting, bleeding, cramps and with all labs continuing to be very good results they won't need to keep seeing me at RE. What a relief this has all been. I'm just overjoyed today...
    Congrats on seeing your LO's heartbeat Rhonda!!! What a great feeling!!!

  16. #286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    I was scared to stop it earlier, too, and even at 12 weeks I kept asking if it was ok to stop. I wonder if they had me take it longer bc of my last m/c or what?

    I did take estrogen patches til 12 weeks, too, only I didn't wean off of those, I just stopped at 12 weeks exactly.
    Just popping in. Wanted to tell you ladies that I was on progesterone as well until 12 wks. It was because my progesterone got low after the 8 wk mark when the placenta should have taken over. I think it's very common. I say pressure the Ob to check your progesterone, you've been through all this, make them run the extra test. Good luck!!!



  17. #287

    Default

    hi - i wondered if i could ask you ladies some advice. I had ec on Mon 6th and et on thur 9th ( 3dt ) with 2 grade 1 8 cell embryos. It was greatt o get that far with icsi as our first ivf ended in no ferts. Anyway they said to test 2 weeks after et - thur 23rd?? Seems very late to me as my period would surely be due on Mon 20th 2 weeks after ovulation. Im on progesterone
    4oomg am and pm and have had sore boobs for 4 days which has toatally gone today and i am constipated ( sorry tmi ) and have indegestion quite bad which i dont usually get. Am 9 dpet today and have real pains in my stomach which feels like af coming too!!
    I know others have been through this so wondered if anyone had any postive advice for me - i really dont feel pregnant today and had been so positive untill today. Im 34 with uneplained infertility and no male factor. Thansk alot and good luck to everyone xx

  18. #288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Congratulations Rhonda,
    I am so happy for you! What a great feeling
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Congrats on seeing your LO's heartbeat Rhonda!!! What a great feeling!!!
    Thank you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by anne03 View Post
    hi - i wondered if i could ask you ladies some advice. I had ec on Mon 6th and et on thur 9th ( 3dt ) with 2 grade 1 8 cell embryos. It was greatt o get that far with icsi as our first ivf ended in no ferts. Anyway they said to test 2 weeks after et - thur 23rd?? Seems very late to me as my period would surely be due on Mon 20th 2 weeks after ovulation. Im on progesterone
    4oomg am and pm and have had sore boobs for 4 days which has toatally gone today and i am constipated ( sorry tmi ) and have indegestion quite bad which i dont usually get. Am 9 dpet today and have real pains in my stomach which feels like af coming too!!
    I know others have been through this so wondered if anyone had any postive advice for me - i really dont feel pregnant today and had been so positive untill today. Im 34 with uneplained infertility and no male factor. Thansk alot and good luck to everyone xx
    If you are 9dp3dt today, though it is early, you could test and a + could show. However, some women it takes longer for hcg to show in urine and you might get a - because of how early it is. If you are already feeling scared and worried, it won't help to test early and get upset over a BFN. I would wait until Monday like you were thinking. By then I agree that you would be more likely to see a BFP if you are in fact pregnant. Good luck either way. Progesterone is tricky and can cause you to feel symptoms of pregnancy and we've all gone through what you are going through now...the questioning phase of the horrid 2ww.

  19. #289

    Default

    thanks alot for your message. i tested today 11 dp 3dt and was positive!! but when i rang the hospital they said i had to wait until 14 dpet as the hcg stays in your body until then??? i had 5000hcg on sat 4th at 10pm - would it still be in my system today? I tested with an internet cheapie 10mui and line came up quickly , not really dark but fairly dark. Then i tested with clear blue digital 25mui and it came up pregnant 1 - 2 weeks, but this took about a minute to come up.
    have been to my own dr today as have been so ill past couple of days with indegestion, bloating, severe nausea , diareah. She said i had gastroenteritis??

    What do you think can i believe my positive or not?
    Thanks

  20. #290

    Default

    Hi Anne
    I tested positive at 9 dpt (with 10,000hcg), and when I went to the dr for blood test it was positive. I think the doctors don't want a false positive so err on the side of caution with testing at 2ww. The symptoms may be due to illness, but I would be optimistic about your positive Only a few days til the drs test so hang in there!

    Sylvia

  21. #291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgirl View Post
    Just popping in. Wanted to tell you ladies that I was on progesterone as well until 12 wks. It was because my progesterone got low after the 8 wk mark when the placenta should have taken over. I think it's very common. I say pressure the Ob to check your progesterone, you've been through all this, make them run the extra test. Good luck!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story, pinkgirl... I usually have low progestrone. I will continue progestrone til end of 10-11 week. My RE said I can continue til 10 week. I will see my OB in 12 wks(which is 2 weeks from now). That's earliest appointment I got... Can you believe it??
    Quote Originally Posted by anne03 View Post
    thanks alot for your message. i tested today 11 dp 3dt and was positive!! but when i rang the hospital they said i had to wait until 14 dpet as the hcg stays in your body until then??? i had 5000hcg on sat 4th at 10pm - would it still be in my system today? I tested with an internet cheapie 10mui and line came up quickly , not really dark but fairly dark. Then i tested with clear blue digital 25mui and it came up pregnant 1 - 2 weeks, but this took about a minute to come up.
    have been to my own dr today as have been so ill past couple of days with indegestion, bloating, severe nausea , diareah. She said i had gastroenteritis??

    What do you think can i believe my positive or not?
    Thanks
    Congrats!! I think your result is positive. I tested beta on 13pd3dt.
    I don't know about all your symptoms, but I had some symptoms(bloating and bellyache like before period feeling) Do you have a fever? gastroenteritis is stomach flu... See your Dr for just staying safe side.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

  22. #292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post




    My RE keeps you on PIO up to 10 weeks. Then it's up to my OB whether I continue or go to another form of progesterone for a couple of more weeks. My RE took final b/w day of my 1st u/s before they released me. Of course I had E2 & Progesterone checks with both beta hcg's as well.

    I stay on Estrogen patches until my 10th week also.



    Thanks!
    You have different med schedule... It's very interesting to see other's med schedule. Are you gonna continue PIO til 10 week?
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

  23. #293

    Default

    I did my PIO till week 22 yes my friends till week 22! I had an addiction to it. It made me feel safe so my RE let me continue it because I had it :-)

  24. #294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerbeme View Post
    I did my PIO till week 22 yes my friends till week 22! I had an addiction to it. It made me feel safe so my RE let me continue it because I had it :-)
    haha~ You are the winner!!
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

  25. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    How are all our girls that are cycling doing? I know SoBe is one....

  26. #296
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    All our BFP ladies: Don't forget to fill out your IVF success story! Let's be some encouragement to someone else!

  27. #297

    Default

    Looks like I'm all alone in this cycle, which is good!! That means most of you ladies have gone on to have a BFP!!. Everything is cool with me. I'm on Lupron (2 x day), Menopur, and Follistim. Also taking baby aspirin to prepare lining for nice, cushy, implantation. We have our first u/s 2morrow....fingers crossed for a good report.

    Suprisingly no mood swings. One crying spell on Sunday, but DH quickly put that to rest right before the football game .

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

  28. #298

    Default

    Hi All! I just got af this morning so I'll be calling the Dr. for an appointment later this morning. The doctor said that since we put IVF off last month, we'll cycle no matter what this month. Hope that is really the case! Please say a prayer that all my relaxing and DHEA have helped me be ready for IVF!

    SoBe - good luck with your u/s tomorrow. Hope you get a great report! I hope we both join the list of ladies with BFP this time!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

  29. #299

    Default

    WOW My heart doesn't know whether it wants to shout for joy or cry! There is so much going on here in this thread, so many congratulations and prayers are needed. Thank you everyone for sharing what is going on in your lives here. I do wish that the IVF Q&A thread (or whatever it was referred to here) was still avail. But spying on all of you gives me hope to start this process.

    MY DH and I have been ttc since Jan '10. A few weeks ago he agreed to get his lab work done to see if were something to do with his swimmers, 'cause it's the quickest 1st step to see if we were going to need some "outside help" in getting preg. The results came back with his strict morpholgy of 2%. We thought we'd be ok and just keep practicing but just to be sure DH came with me to my OBG apt. today for a pre-prego consult. My dr took one look at the swimmer test results and said, "that the chances of us having a baby the natural way was slim to none and you you are now looking at 'plan b' ...IVF or IUI. She gave us the number Reproductive Endocrinology place in town. DH won't be able to do it the "natural" way.

    I guess what I'm saying is that reading the snippets of lives here is going to give me so much hope as so many of you are either walking the same path or finding their dreams to be moms finally coming true. Thanks for sharing your stories with us just starting out.

  30. #300

    Default

    KMyers, thanks for sharing your story. This space is the best place on earth. There were days when I thought I would loose it, but when I would log on and see the well wishes and kind words it just melted my heart. Wishing you the best of luck in your journey and hoping you get a BFP really soon.

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •