Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 1,321 to 1,344 of 1344

Thread: IVF - Sisters

Oh I remember the good 'ol Lupron! Weird emotions, so exciting going through the process because there is hope but then again you are scared to death. Why can't it be easy?! I will say that having my two distractions at home going through this time has made it much more easier.

That is very funny. I understand with what you are thinking here. I would tell the embryologist to freeze anything that makes it to day 5. If they don't arrest, keep em! You are going to have an amazing cycle and you better count on twins at this rate!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 32ellah View Post
    Here is my update.. First off let me say I am so sorry for taking so long to report back here.. I have had a lot of personal things going on, and while I have been checking in briefly, I havent been posting.. I hope everyone is doing well.. and Rhonda, Congrats again!!! I cant wait to hear those beautiful BFP words from you! Those embies look Beautiful!!!!!

AFM: First off.. I am still in shock about our IVF.. I was so happy with my ovaries, if I could take them out to celebrate I would! I am so glad the shots are over at least for a little while,,, now just a little bed rest

Our initial Fert report: on 8/14:
    19 eggs retrieved, 19 mature
    16 eggs fertilized normally (naturally)
    2 fertilized abnormally
    1 unfertilized

So overall we had 16 embryos and all were good quality!!
    and as of Tuesday DAY 4.. we still had 16 embryos!!

Yesterday (Day 5) we transfered 2 blastocysts (AA and AB) quality (one was alreading hatching) (I have a really cool pic!)

We find out more tomorrow about how many are going to be frosties, as they will only freeze good quality Day 5.. right now, the embryologist said we have at least 3 today, and the others are still growing..I'll report the final count when I hear it

Im really scared of twins and it was a really hard call. DH and I have no children, I am 37 years old..with a m/c in March... so I tried to make the best decision possible..

Dear sisters
    We've been trying for almost one yr
    And we found that we have a problem with sperm count
    We had ivf (icsi)
    Egg retrieval was on 21 Nov
    Transfer 23 Nov (3 blasto AA)
    Now am 4 days away from my first betas
    I have no symptoms other than mild cramps and mild nausea
    I am trying to stay positive
    But i am really on panic
    Do you think it can work from first time??
    Do i have to feel symptoms?
    Does AF normally appears before betas or after that?? Please reply me dear sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Razrouz85 View Post
    Dear sistersWe've been trying for almost one yrAnd we found that we have a problem with sperm countWe had ivf (icsi)Egg retrieval was on 21 NovTransfer 23 Nov (3 blasto AA)Now am 4 days away from my first betasI have no symptoms other than mild cramps and mild nauseaI am trying to stay positiveBut i am really on panicDo you think it can work from first time??Do i have to feel symptoms?Does AF normally appears before betas or after that?? Please reply me dear sisters
    Hang in there! Symptoms are different for everyone. Some feel nausea, cramping, some feel nothing. Some do an early HPT and get a faint line, some don't and still are pg. it's maddening. AF sometimes comes before your beta, but sometimes after. You're on a lot of progesterone, so sometimes you have to stop that to get AF. I wish I could give you a straight answer, but there just isn't one. You're almost there. Good luck & sending you lots of

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Hang in there! Symptoms are different for everyone. Some feel nausea, cramping, some feel nothing. Some do an early HPT and get a faint line, some don't and still are pg. it's maddening. AF sometimes comes before your beta, but sometimes after. You're on a lot of progesterone, so sometimes you have to stop that to get AF. I wish I could give you a straight answer, but there just isn't one. You're almost there. Good luck & sending you lots of
    Awww that's so sweettttt thanks a lot dear
    I hope i can have some good news in the coming days..
    The waiting is killing me!!!
    HighHopesMama have you had ivf before? Did it work?? Or do you know anyone who has had it and succeeded??
    Thanks in advance dear

I hope you have some good news, too. Yes, I've done IVF twice before. Once it ended in a chemical pregnancy and the other resulted in our son, who is 17 months. I'm currently stimming for an IVF. Good luck!!

I see this thread hasn't had a post for a couple years but I thought I would post something up in case anyone else is trolling around going through the same thing. We have finally decided to try IVF after 4 failed IUI's and almost 7 years of not even one BFP.
    Tiffany (33) David (33) STC 7 years. Unexplained infertility. History of Endometriosis, Corrected Septate Uterus & possible PCOS. DH=Exceptional

Congratulations! Keep us posted on how everything goes.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Good lucky Tiffany! Do you know what place you will use? My sister just is starting the IUI process and is staying with Aurora and Hayes. She did call one that you had used but she didn't do IUI with donors. My sister is in the southeast part of the state so decided driving to west allis was better than menomee falls.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We are going back to Froedtert and Strawn in Menomonee Falls since they know my history now and wouldn't have to start all over. We're in Brookfield so the drive would be about equal either way. My OB recommended both. I have my 1st consult on Aug 8th for the IVF.

We're also going to start looking into adoption, too.
    Tiffany (33) David (33) STC 7 years. Unexplained infertility. History of Endometriosis, Corrected Septate Uterus & possible PCOS. DH=Exceptional

I used to work at Froedtert.

We are using LSS for our adoption and I will say that they have had a slowdown in placements since we started in 2011. I will be at 3 years waiting very soon and know a number of families waiting more than two years. I think that the placements are just lower combined with things like less families going into international....a lot of popular countries have closed to US adoptions and so those families start looking at domestic infant. I believe that LSS is accepting less families per year to compensate for the lower placements. I'm on the northwest side of the state now so LSS or Catholic Charities were the biggest options or looking at agencies in MN. But I think that there are a few others in your area.

My social worker suggested a different photo, we had a studio one up this past year but she said that they aren't as pulled to those. So I'm currently changing that out, updating the letter and hoping that sometime during year three of waiting that we get the match call.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Very exciting! We also had 4 failed IUIs before we moved to IVF, and now we have a 7 month old! We live in California but cycled at Barbados Fertility Centre (yes, in the Caribbean!) and absolutely loved it! Tons and tons of for you!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I'm very nervous about it as I know it can be an invasive procedure but feel like we need to try at least once otherwise I'll always be wondering "maybe?" How many IVF treatments did you have?

I know it could take awhile for adoption so that's why we wanted to get that process going, too. I actually wanted to start with that sooner but it got pushed off after fully believing the IUI's would work We know people who have used Lutheran Social Services, A Angel Adoptions, and Pauquette Adoption Services. DH is Puerto Rican and I'm Caucasian so ethnicity isn't an imperative thing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRiv View Post
    I'm very nervous about it as I know it can be an invasive procedure but feel like we need to try at least once otherwise I'll always be wondering "maybe?" How many IVF treatments did you have?

I know it could take awhile for adoption so that's why we wanted to get that process going, too. I actually wanted to start with that sooner but it got pushed off after fully believing the IUI's would work We know people who have used Lutheran Social Services, A Angel Adoptions, and Pauquette Adoption Services. DH is Puerto Rican and I'm Caucasian so ethnicity isn't an imperative thing for us.
    We did the one IVF cycle, for the same reason, that we just had to try otherwise we would always wonder 'what if?'. Not sure if we'll do another, I turn 35 next year, and we've always wanted to adopt too. It is invasive, with all of the injections, monitoring, retrieval, and transfer, but you will be well taken care of. I tried to keep each day in perspective, because it can be very stressful. Each day will start, you will have lots of injections, but at the end of the day you have done what you can to meet your special LO. And then start again the next day. After you know it, the cycle will be done and you will be looking at a beautiful BFP!

The Circle+Bloom IVF meditations really helped me to relax, stay positive, and get through the cycle-I would hugely recommend them.

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Thinking of you Tiffany !

Really praying for a smooth journey !!

Thank you for all the support, ladies! Erica, I'll definitely look into the Circle+Bloom IVF meditations - any help with relaxation/positivity will be great!

Do you need to take any time off work with IVF? For the IUI's I just had the appointments but nothing that physically kept me from the day-to-day office duties. I wasn't sure if bed rest is required since there's more to it?

I would also hugely recommend acupuncture and yoga (up until you start stims).

I took 2 weeks off for the stim/monitoring/retrieval/transfer part of the cycle, because we had to travel for it. I can't say for sure if it was essential, but it was so nice to be able to focus on myself, DH, and the cycle and not have to worry about work, family, and friends. Being on the beach in Barbados didn't hurt either!

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    I would also hugely recommend acupuncture and yoga (up until you start stims).

I took 2 weeks off for the stim/monitoring/retrieval/transfer part of the cycle, because we had to travel for it. I can't say for sure if it was essential, but it was so nice to be able to focus on myself, DH, and the cycle and not have to worry about work, family, and friends. Being on the beach in Barbados didn't hurt either!
    I've already been doing acupuncture for a couple months and planned to continue. I do yoga about 1x a week now along with some intense circuit-training exercise 5-6x a week. I'm guessing I'll have to change up my other workouts. I asked my acupuncturist today about taking time off and she said the facility I'm going to (Froedtert) doesn't require it on transfer day but retrieval I'll probably need off. Since I have an office job it shouldn't be too bad - just the scheduling of US and bloodwork. I guess I'll know more next Friday when we meet with the RE. I'm so nervous!

I hope your appointment went well!

The appointment did go very well. However, after talking it over with DH for quite some time we decided to just move on to adoption. Every time we have thought we were gaining ground on the assisted fertility front the doctors would find something else wrong with me that "may" cause a problem. This time it is some possible scar tissue on the inside of my uterus from removing the septum. So even before starting the IVF process I would need a hysteroscopy to "fix" that. I have been through 2 surgeries already and countless other procedures that we're both just tired of it all. It's been really brutal on my self-esteem, too. I had been feeling good about losing weight and my cycles getting normal but there's still more "problems" that seem to come up. We just feel like it's a never-ending roller-coaster that we just need to get away from for awhile. We decided to pursue adoption at this point since there's a greater chance of actually getting a child with the costs involved and then I don't have to be physically and mentally beaten down.

Thank you sooo much for the advice and support! I know the adoption process won't be easy, either, but at least I can move on with my life and let my body be.

I'm glad that you had a good appointment, and that you and DH have chosen a path that feels right for you - just making that decision can be a huge relief sometimes. I definitely understand how it feels to get beaten up throughout the whole IF process, it must feel really good to be leaving that part behind you. I hope this next step journey is amazing and leads you to your beautiful child(ren)!

Big hugs. I understand feeling emotionally beaten up, as well.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Big hugs!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

I felt that way too and didn't even go through anywhere near what you did. And hey, you never know, maybe the adoption process will be pretty quick and easy for you.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36