Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF - Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Hi All! I just got af this morning so I'll be calling the Dr. for an appointment later this morning. The doctor said that since we put IVF off last month, we'll cycle no matter what this month. Hope that is really the case! Please say a prayer that all my relaxing and DHEA have helped me be ready for IVF!

SoBe - good luck with your u/s tomorrow. Hope you get a great report! I hope we both join the list of ladies with BFP this time!
    Thanks!! I hope you can start your cycle this month too. No worries, just keep relaxing. You'll be having your ER/ET in no time

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    WOW My heart doesn't know whether it wants to shout for joy or cry! There is so much going on here in this thread, so many congratulations and prayers are needed. Thank you everyone for sharing what is going on in your lives here. I do wish that the IVF Q&A thread (or whatever it was referred to here) was still avail. But spying on all of you gives me hope to start this process.

MY DH and I have been ttc since Jan '10. A few weeks ago he agreed to get his lab work done to see if were something to do with his swimmers, 'cause it's the quickest 1st step to see if we were going to need some "outside help" in getting preg. The results came back with his strict morpholgy of 2%. We thought we'd be ok and just keep practicing but just to be sure DH came with me to my OBG apt. today for a pre-prego consult. My dr took one look at the swimmer test results and said, "that the chances of us having a baby the natural way was slim to none and you you are now looking at 'plan b' ...IVF or IUI. She gave us the number Reproductive Endocrinology place in town. DH won't be able to do it the "natural" way.

I guess what I'm saying is that reading the snippets of lives here is going to give me so much hope as so many of you are either walking the same path or finding their dreams to be moms finally coming true. Thanks for sharing your stories with us just starting out.
    Nice to meet you. I'm Michele. I'm sorry that's the news you received. My DH also has swimmer issues. We were told our shot at getting pregnant on our own was slim to none and though we we did miraculously get pregnant naturally early this year, we lost it and now we're back for a 2nd round of IVF. We recently switched to a new RE and they are much more optimistic about our chances to get pregnant. This thread has been a wonderful source of support and information. While it sucks we are all going through this, it is nice to know that we aren't alone and to see so many success stories. Praying you find a good RE you trust and that you and your DH grow closer together through this journey.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

KMeyers, welcome, it is inspirational and comforting. Infertility is difficult and IVF is tough. If one more person told me to "relax" and I would get pregnant I was going to scream! It helps to hear from others who have gone through this.

Good luck to Michele and Southern Belle, lots of good wishes your way! This will be your cycle!

Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by anne03 View Post
    i tested today 11 dp 3dt and was positive!! but when i rang the hospital they said i had to wait until 14 dpet as the hcg stays in your body until then??? i had 5000hcg on sat 4th at 10pm - would it still be in my system today? I tested with an internet cheapie 10mui and line came up quickly , not really dark but fairly dark. Then i tested with clear blue digital 25mui and it came up pregnant 1 - 2 weeks, but this took about a minute to come up.
    have been to my own dr today as have been so ill past couple of days with indegestion, bloating, severe nausea , diareah. She said i had gastroenteritis??

What do you think can i believe my positive or not?
    Thanks
    I doubt there was enough hcg still in your blood post-trigger to get a false positive at 11dp3dt! Maybe had it been 6dp3dt, but not as far along as you were. Many women test about a week after trigger shot so when they see a BFN they know the trigger is out of their system. Let me say CONGRATS on your BFP!!! You will see with beta that it was a true positive!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistyone1 View Post
    You have different med schedule... It's very interesting to see other's med schedule. Are you gonna continue PIO til 10 week?
    Yup!!

Quote Originally Posted by gerbeme View Post
    I did my PIO till week 22 yes my friends till week 22! I had an addiction to it. It made me feel safe so my RE let me continue it because I had it :-)
    Ouch I will stop at week 10, but I am going to ask about continuing for several weeks with suppositories for precaution or to just continue to check my progesterone levels so I can be assured my body is producing enough on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Looks like I'm all alone in this cycle, which is good!! That means most of you ladies have gone on to have a BFP!!. Everything is cool with me. I'm on Lupron (2 x day), Menopur, and Follistim. Also taking baby aspirin to prepare lining for nice, cushy, implantation. We have our first u/s 2morrow....fingers crossed for a good report.

Suprisingly no mood swings. One crying spell on Sunday, but DH quickly put that to rest right before the football game .
    Looks like Michele is cycling too, but you are ahead of her since you are already stimming! Can't wait to hear how your 1st u/s went!! KUP

Hi All! I just got af this morning so I'll be calling the Dr. for an appointment later this morning. The doctor said that since we put IVF off last month, we'll cycle no matter what this month. Hope that is really the case! Please say a prayer that all my relaxing and DHEA have helped me be ready for IVF!

SoBe - good luck with your u/s tomorrow. Hope you get a great report! I hope we both join the list of ladies with BFP this time!
    You will BOTH graduate, so don't worry about that at all! We are all rooting for you and here to support you ladies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    WOW My heart doesn't know whether it wants to shout for joy or cry! There is so much going on here in this thread, so many congratulations and prayers are needed. Thank you everyone for sharing what is going on in your lives here. I do wish that the IVF Q&A thread (or whatever it was referred to here) was still avail. But spying on all of you gives me hope to start this process.

MY DH and I have been ttc since Jan '10. A few weeks ago he agreed to get his lab work done to see if were something to do with his swimmers, 'cause it's the quickest 1st step to see if we were going to need some "outside help" in getting preg. The results came back with his strict morpholgy of 2%. We thought we'd be ok and just keep practicing but just to be sure DH came with me to my OBG apt. today for a pre-prego consult. My dr took one look at the swimmer test results and said, "that the chances of us having a baby the natural way was slim to none and you you are now looking at 'plan b' ...IVF or IUI. She gave us the number Reproductive Endocrinology place in town. DH won't be able to do it the "natural" way.

I guess what I'm saying is that reading the snippets of lives here is going to give me so much hope as so many of you are either walking the same path or finding their dreams to be moms finally coming true. Thanks for sharing your stories with us just starting out.
    Wow. I am really sorry that you have to go through IVF, but lets just give praise that you have a means to get pregnant! It is not an easy journey, but you have come to the right place for love & supprot!! Best of luck and KUP on your journey. If you have any questions, you have lots of women who are happy to share their experiences with you.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    KMeyers, welcome, it is inspirational and comforting. Infertility is difficult and IVF is tough. If one more person told me to "relax" and I would get pregnant I was going to scream! It helps to hear from others who have gone through this.

Good luck to Michele and Southern Belle, lots of good wishes your way! This will be your cycle!

Sylvia
    Thanks, Sylvia! Relaxing has nothing to do with it and people just rile you up when they say that!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post

Looks like Michele is cycling too, but you are ahead of her since you are already stimming! Can't wait to hear how your 1st u/s went!! KUP

You will BOTH graduate, so don't worry about that at all! We are all rooting for you and here to support you ladies!!!
    Thanks, Rhonda! I feel completely different about this cycle than I did about last year's IVF (less nervous, more positive). We'll see how it goes! I start stimming tomorrow - I'm on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, DHEA and HGH - my word! What a lot of meds. I'll post my protocol later when I'm not at work. Estimated ER is 10/5 and ET is going to be between 10/8-10.

My scan today showed the same 5 follies as last month,but she saw lots of small ones so I'm hoping one or two of those can develop. She is very optimistic about us cycling this month, saying that she only needs two eggs, so I'm staying optimistic, too. She's going to call my back with my blood work results this afternoon and then I'll go pick up my meds. I'm glad she is not making us wait another month. I'm eager to get started. I'm doing it - I'm baby dusting myself

SoBe - for you. How's your cycle going? How'd your scan go?

Hello Ladies. Its me again after almost 7 or 8 months since I entered my last post. Just wanted to share that I did my IVF #4 this month, 3dt 3 embies grade A and yesterday was my beta test on day 12 after tranfer and.....BFP.. BETA 200 I was totally shocked and was a total mess. I was crying non stop and suddenly I bled a little bit. I dint know what was going on and couldnt believe my moment of joy lasted just for some minutes!! come on!!! I call DR and went to his office and said it might me the shock of the news, maybe some implantation bleeding..who knows!!! Now Im fine, not blood at all and we will be running another beta on monday to see if the numbers keep rising or what...... Im beyond happines, however I take one day at a time since is very early to celebrate and anything can happen.

Any one had bleeding on day 12 after transfer or later ??
    maria (38) TTC 2008 Ivf#1 april 2009 BFN, IVF#2 Dec 2009 BFN, IVF # 3, Feb/2010 BFN. IVF #4 SEP 2010,

All is well. We have 9 developing follies all around the same size(10,11,12) RE said everything looked good and he was pleased with the development. Next u/s is Monday. Tentative ER Wednesday.
    Last edited by Southern Belle; 09-24-2010 at 04:40 PM.

IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

I feel completely different about this cycle than I did about last year's IVF (less nervous, more positive). We'll see how it goes! I start stimming tomorrow - I'm on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, DHEA and HGH - my word! What a lot of meds.
    I feel the exact same way!! Less nervous, more positive....wow!! We're almost on the same protocol (Lupron, Follistim, & Menopur). I got a feeling it's our time

IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Michele I am sending baby dust your way If it encourages you at all I started out with only about 4-5 follies, and at ER they got 10, 8 mature and 7 then fertilized. I never really worried about the early #, figured let the meds do their thing!

SoBe, best wishes to you

I am now 3 weeks post ET and still cautious about everything. Last time I did IUI, got BFP, was ecstatic. All was well then at 7 weeks no heartbeat, chromosomal abnormality. The dr said it was common due to my age (43). I won't feel totally at peace til that HB, should be a few weeks. Ah, the waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by mc82 View Post
    Hello Ladies. Its me again after almost 7 or 8 months since I entered my last post. Just wanted to share that I did my IVF #4 this month, 3dt 3 embies grade A and yesterday was my beta test on day 12 after tranfer and.....BFP.. BETA 200 I was totally shocked and was a total mess. I was crying non stop and suddenly I bled a little bit. I dint know what was going on and couldnt believe my moment of joy lasted just for some minutes!! come on!!! I call DR and went to his office and said it might me the shock of the news, maybe some implantation bleeding..who knows!!! Now Im fine, not blood at all and we will be running another beta on monday to see if the numbers keep rising or what...... Im beyond happines, however I take one day at a time since is very early to celebrate and anything can happen.

I haven't had experience with bleeding but wanted to say congrats on your bfp!

Thanks, Rhonda! I feel completely different about this cycle than I did about last year's IVF (less nervous, more positive). We'll see how it goes! I start stimming tomorrow - I'm on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, DHEA and HGH - my word! What a lot of meds. I'll post my protocol later when I'm not at work. Estimated ER is 10/5 and ET is going to be between 10/8-10.

My scan today showed the same 5 follies as last month,but she saw lots of small ones so I'm hoping one or two of those can develop. She is very optimistic about us cycling this month, saying that she only needs two eggs, so I'm staying optimistic, too. She's going to call my back with my blood work results this afternoon and then I'll go pick up my meds. I'm glad she is not making us wait another month. I'm eager to get started. I'm doing it - I'm baby dusting myself

SoBe - for you. How's your cycle going? How'd your scan go?
    Michele- Sounds like you are off to a great start and with the perfect mind-frame! Your optimism will help you in your cycling. It is so important to be as positive as possible and keep your stress levels down. I am so proud of you!! I bet you end up with twice the number of follicles as you go through your stims. I had no idea your ER was so close! WHen do you have another U/S after starting stims? I'll be stalking for your updates!!

OMG Maria!!! That is so awesome...CONGRATS!!

Let us know how todays beta goes!! KUP on everything!!!

All is well. We have 9 developing follies all around the same size(10,11,12) RE said everything looked good and he was pleased with the development. Next u/s is Monday. Tentative ER Wednesday.
    I'm so excited for you SOBE!! This sounds like a terrific cycle already. KUP on today's U/S. Are you still on for ER on Wednesday?
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-27-2010 at 10:43 AM.

OMG Maria!!! That is so awesome...CONGRATS!!

Let us know how todays beta goes!! KUP on everything!!!

?
    Thanks Honey!! Im so happy for you too. You are an inspiration for me and for all of us.

Im happy and very scared. I cant believe this is finally happening to me and Im afraid at any second this can be finished. I know I have to continue very positive. Still waiting for todays beta numers. Im getting
    maria (38) TTC 2008 Ivf#1 april 2009 BFN, IVF#2 Dec 2009 BFN, IVF # 3, Feb/2010 BFN. IVF #4 SEP 2010,

My beta Today : 467. DR said is ok and normal.

I feel completely different about this cycle than I did about last year's IVF (less nervous, more positive). We'll see how it goes! I start stimming tomorrow - I'm on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, DHEA and HGH - my word! What a lot of meds. I'll post my protocol later when I'm not at work. Estimated ER is 10/5 and ET is going to be between 10/8-10.

So glad to see you started and you are off to a good start!!! Can't wait for the updates!!

Maria!! Congratulations!! Wonderful news!!

You are doing fabulously!!!

Hooray!

I"m so happy for you Maria! I'm sorry about the spotting - that can be upsetting, but I'm glad it stopped and that is a great first beta number!!! I'm cheering you every step of the way. H&H 9 months, Maria!

That's fantastic news, SoBe! So tentative ER on 10/6? Mine was given as 10/5 - weird, huh?? I'll know more after my u/s on Wed. Glad your cycle is going well!

I feel the exact same way!! Less nervous, more positive....wow!! We're almost on the same protocol (Lupron, Follistim, & Menopur). I got a feeling it's our time
    I think so too!
    Here's my protocol that I started on Sat:

150 IU Menopur
    300 IU Follistim
    1/2cc Omnitrope (taken every other day for four doses)
    .10 X3 days of Lupron then I switch to .05 of Lupron
    DHEA pills 3 X a day

So far, only a mild headache and I was a bit moody yesterday evening...I'm trusting that everything is working as it should and just letting God take control on this one. Can't wait to hear about your next u/s. SoBe!

Michele I am sending baby dust your way If it encourages you at all I started out with only about 4-5 follies, and at ER they got 10, 8 mature and 7 then fertilized. I never really worried about the early #, figured let the meds do their thing!

SoBe, best wishes to you

I am now 3 weeks post ET and still cautious about everything. Last time I did IUI, got BFP, was ecstatic. All was well then at 7 weeks no heartbeat, chromosomal abnormality. The dr said it was common due to my age (43). I won't feel totally at peace til that HB, should be a few weeks. Ah, the waiting...
    Thanks, for the babydust! I do feel better that you also started out with the same # of follies as I have now and ended up with more. Thanks for sharing that! I'm hoping that is the same with me. I understand you not not being at peace yet until later in the first trimester. We lost our baby at 9 weeks due to chromosomal issues, too. It's hard to handle that. But just because it happened once does not mean it will happen again. Praying for you and that you continue to have a H&H 9 months.

Michele- Sounds like you are off to a great start and with the perfect mind-frame! Your optimism will help you in your cycling. It is so important to be as positive as possible and keep your stress levels down. I am so proud of you!! I bet you end up with twice the number of follicles as you go through your stims. I had no idea your ER was so close! WHen do you have another U/S after starting stims? I'll be stalking for your updates!!
    Aww thanks, Rhonda!! I'm just leaving it all up to God this time and my doctor seems to be very positive, which is such a change from my old doctor. I'm also really looking forward to taking two weeks off of work!

That's wonderful. Maria!!! Great 2nd beta!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    So glad to see you started and you are off to a good start!!! Can't wait for the updates!!
    Thanks, Rachel! I'm excited we've begun, too. I've been expecting loads of side effects from the meds, but haven't experienced the headaches, moods etc. I had the last time. We'll see if that continues...

Thanks for all your support! I feel really blessed to have you all in my corner, cheering me on!

I"m so happy for you Maria! I'm sorry about the spotting - that can be upsetting, but I'm glad it stopped and that is a great first beta number!!! I'm cheering you every step of the way. H&H 9 months, Maria!

That's fantastic news, SoBe! So tentative ER on 10/6? Mine was given as 10/5 - weird, huh?? I'll know more after my u/s on Wed. Glad your cycle is going well!

I think so too!
    Here's my protocol that I started on Sat:

150 IU Menopur
    300 IU Follistim
    1/2cc Omnitrope (taken every other day for four doses)
    .10 X3 days of Lupron then I switch to .05 of Lupron
    DHEA pills 3 X a day

So far, only a mild headache and I was a bit moody yesterday evening...I'm trusting that everything is working as it should and just letting God take control on this one. Can't wait to hear about your next u/s. SoBe!

SoBe, best wishes to you

Thanks, for the babydust! I do feel better that you also started out with the same # of follies as I have now and ended up with more. Thanks for sharing that! I'm hoping that is the same with me. I understand you not not being at peace yet until later in the first trimester. We lost our baby at 9 weeks due to chromosomal issues, too. It's hard to handle that. But just because it happened once does not mean it will happen again. Praying for you and that you continue to have a H&H 9 months.

Aww thanks, Rhonda!! I'm just leaving it all up to God this time and my doctor seems to be very positive, which is such a change from my old doctor. I'm also really looking forward to taking two weeks off of work!

That's wonderful. Maria!!! Great 2nd beta!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Thanks, Rachel! I'm excited we've begun, too. I've been expecting loads of side effects from the meds, but haven't experienced the headaches, moods etc. I had the last time. We'll see if that continues...

Thanks for all your support! I feel really blessed to have you all in my corner, cheering me on!

Ok Ladies I have not been here in awhile but for those who may not know me let me give you a quick back story.Dh and I have had two first trimester miscarriages then became pregnant with iui and had an 18 week loss due to incomptent cervix.We then had ivf but loss our babies at 24 weeks with no explanation.So I find myself back here and we are going to try an FET cycle and hopefully have a success story. So I don't know if the ivf thread is where I should be.

That's great 2nd beta!! Sorry about spotting, but I heard that some have implantion spotting...
    How exciting! Good luck with your stim. I think a positive attitude is the most important key to have a best result! Lots of for you!! Eat blackberry while stim. and walking 30 min a day!!
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)
    1st US(Aug 24)-heartbeat, SCH, It's a girl

Thanks Honey!! Im so happy for you too. You are an inspiration for me and for all of us.

Im happy and very scared. I cant believe this is finally happening to me and Im afraid at any second this can be finished. I know I have to continue very positive. Still waiting for todays beta numers. Im getting
    I was just about to say that with a 1st beta of 200 you are looking great and have no reason to be concerned about this pregnancy going anywhere! Now that your 2nd beta is in at 467 (more than doubled in only 48 hours) you KNOW you are good to go!! I am so thrilled for you! After all the failed cycles, it is so wonderful to see the wait payoff and the journey result in a HAPPY MAMMA-2-B. Listen, you don't show a history of M/C so don't go getting silly worries over nothing. Just enjoy the good betas and look forward to seeing that beautiful strong HB in a few weeks!! What is your EDD? CONGRATS again.
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-28-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stacie View Post
    Ok Ladies I have not been here in awhile but for those who may not know me let me give you a quick back story.Dh and I have had two first trimester miscarriages then became pregnant with iui and had an 18 week loss due to incomptent cervix.We then had ivf but loss our babies at 24 weeks with no explanation.So I find myself back here and we are going to try an FET cycle and hopefully have a success story. So I don't know if the ivf thread is where I should be.
    Welcome back Stacie. After everything you have been through, four separate losses with two of them outside of the 1st trimester, my heart goes out to you and your husband. I think it is wonderful that you are going to give FET a shot and I know how scared you will once you get pregnant considering the past losses. You must be a very strong person to have endured all of that and to have enough faith to try again. That is so beautiful and I don't see any reason you wouldn't be rewarded with a healthy pregnancy for your strong faith. How many embryos will you thaw and transfer? Do you have a protocol/schedule yet? This is absolutely the right place for you to be!! FET is still part of IVF and there have been plenty of FET ladies on this thread in the past, so you should be right at home! Please KUP on your progress so we can be there to support you through this journey. God bless you Stacie!!

am528 Guest

Default NEW to IVF and Question

Sorry posted in the wrong spot
    Last edited by am528; 09-28-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: psted in wrong sot

Hi Stacie. Welcome back. I'm so sorry for everything you've been through and I know it is scary to start again, but I'm praying for you and a successful FET. When do you think you will begin?

Quote Originally Posted by mistyone1 View Post
    How exciting! Good luck with your stim. I think a positive attitude is the most important key to have a best result! Lots of for you!! Eat blackberry while stim. and walking 30 min a day!!
    Thanks Misty! We're in the middle of a heat wave (113 yesterday) which has been keeping me indoors, but if it is cooler tonight, I'm hitting the streets for a walk. And I'll pick up some blackberries as well - thanks for the reminder!

Hi everyone. Had RE appt yesterday and today. 13 follies, but 3 of them are size 10 which means they might not make it to retrieval. The others are fine and growing rapidly. Will take HCG shot tonight. ER scheduled for Thursday morning at 8:30.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well.

SoBe

IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Actually, I've been stiming for 11 days. Had RE appt this morning and I will be taking HCG shot tonight. ER will be Thursday morning.

I'm sorry

IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stacie

So sorry to hear about your previous losses. You will have a lot of support here and prayers sent your way

Maria your beta numbers are fabulous and you are off to a great start. Enjoy this happy moment, you deserve it!

There is so much going on here, I feel as if there must be good luck vibes

I am sorry... That's a heart broken story. I hate to hear thoses 2nd trimester miscarriages. I believe God will prepare something very special to you for next time. I hope you have a success and H&H 9 months for your FET.
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)

Hi everyone. Had RE appt yesterday and today. 13 follies, but 3 of them are size 10 which means they might not make it to retrieval. The others are fine and growing rapidly. Will take HCG shot tonight. ER scheduled for Thursday morning at 8:30.

SoBe
    Good luck for your ER!! 10-13 follies are great!
    Me(35)&DH(42)
    1st IVF(July 2010)

SoBe
    and TONS of !!!

SoBe- Wishing you lots & lots of tomorrow. Sending you tons of and positive . I'll be in the background cheering you on !!! KUP on how you did when you get a fertilization report!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 09-29-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Thank you all for your support!!

So yes I do have my protocol I am currently on Lupron for a suppresion then I will start my estrodial and progesterone the actually transfer should take place November3. We currently have nine frosties but they will unfreeze them one at a time untill one is okay most of our frosties were grade 4aa. We will only implant one because for our ivf both babies took and we lost our twins.My docter does not think it is safe for me to have a multiple pregnancy and we just dont't want to have to eliminate any if they should stick.

I am trying to read all these and get to know you ladies some I remember. I wish everyone well on their journey.