Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF - Sisters

Hybrid View

Smile IVF - Sisters

Where did it go? Like Rhonda said, Let's post here!
    Last edited by DucksLikeRain; 08-20-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Tried to changed the angry face to a smiley one...didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by 32ellah View Post
    Where did it go?
    They were moving threads & forums...enough of us said to keep IVF Sisters...I'm sure it will pop up again!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Read the Board Issues thread....
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

i think they are all in process of being moved around still

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

Yes, please bring it back!

I updated my IVF cycle in Clomid blog

I say we all just post here until our old IVF Sisters comes back up. Clomid blog is so not us! LOL

I'm going to read your update now, but I will post my comments & support here!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I say we all just post here until our old IVF Sisters comes back up. Clomid blog is so not us! LOL

I'm going to read your update now, but I will post my comments & support here!

I'll repost here

Here is my update.. First off let me say I am so sorry for taking so long to report back here.. I have had a lot of personal things going on, and while I have been checking in briefly, I havent been posting.. I hope everyone is doing well.. and Rhonda, Congrats again!!! I cant wait to hear those beautiful BFP words from you! Those embies look Beautiful!!!!!

AFM: First off.. I am still in shock about our IVF.. I was so happy with my ovaries, if I could take them out to celebrate I would! I am so glad the shots are over at least for a little while,,, now just a little bed rest

Our initial Fert report: on 8/14:
    19 eggs retrieved, 19 mature
    16 eggs fertilized normally (naturally)
    2 fertilized abnormally
    1 unfertilized

So overall we had 16 embryos and all were good quality!!
    and as of Tuesday DAY 4.. we still had 16 embryos!!

Yesterday (Day 5) we transfered 2 blastocysts (AA and AB) quality (one was alreading hatching) (I have a really cool pic!)

We find out more tomorrow about how many are going to be frosties, as they will only freeze good quality Day 5.. right now, the embryologist said we have at least 3 today, and the others are still growing..I'll report the final count when I hear it

Im really scared of twins and it was a really hard call. DH and I have no children, I am 37 years old..with a m/c in March... so I tried to make the best decision possible..

Here is my update.. First off let me say I am so sorry for taking so long to report back here.. I have had a lot of personal things going on, and while I have been checking in briefly, I havent been posting.. I hope everyone is doing well.. and Rhonda, Congrats again!!! I cant wait to hear those beautiful BFP words from you! Those embies look Beautiful!!!!!

AFM: First off.. I am still in shock about our IVF.. I was so happy with my ovaries, if I could take them out to celebrate I would! I am so glad the shots are over at least for a little while,,, now just a little bed rest

2 fertilized abnormally
    1 unfertilized

Yesterday (Day 5) we transfered 2 blastocysts (AA and AB) quality (one was alreading hatching) (I have a really cool pic!)

We find out more tomorrow about how many are going to be frosties, as they will only freeze good quality Day 5.. right now, the embryologist said we have at least 3 today, and the others are still growing..I'll report the final count when I hear it

Im really scared of twins and it was a really hard call. DH and I have no children, I am 37 years old..with a m/c in March... so I tried to make the best decision possible..

You would make anyone an exceptional egg donor girlie!!! LOL To be 37 and produce such a high quantity and obviously high quality that so many fertilized and made it to day 4. I would tell the embryologist to freeze anything that makes it to day 5. If they don't arrest, keep em! You are going to have an amazing cycle and you better count on twins at this rate!!!!

2 fertilized abnormally
    1 unfertilized

WOW!! That is really, really amazing! I'm so happy for your awesome follie production and fert report! I could only DREAM of having so many, and I'm about your age, too. This sounds like the perfect cycle for you. Can't wait to hear your beta results and BFP news!!!! When is your beta?

2 fertilized abnormally
    1 unfertilized

That's good stuff! I'm kind of jealous actually. I got 11 eggs and only 5 were mature. Way to grow some eggs! You're going to have frosties too! So happy for you! Get lots of rest and keep us posted!

2 fertilized abnormally
    1 unfertilized

Wow! That is amazing! I am 35 and I am in the process of performing my first round of IVF. I sure do hope I'm as lucky as you are! Congratulations! What did you eat to produce such good eggs! lol

That is very funny. I understand with what you are thinking here. I would tell the embryologist to freeze anything that makes it to day 5. If they don't arrest, keep em! You are going to have an amazing cycle and you better count on twins at this rate!!!!

2 fertilized abnormally
    1 unfertilized

FYI - I PM'ed a mod to bring back the IVF Sisters thread because I know how important it is to you ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    FYI - I PM'ed a mod to bring back the IVF Sisters thread because I know how important it is to you ladies.
    Thank you.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Who was the original poster for that IVF Sisters thread?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I think it was iMom

I just got a significant wave of twinges just now that were much stronger and lasted a half minute. They were more in the center this time, but a little to the left. Today has just been so much pulling & twinges that I simply can't ignore it!

I just got a significant wave of twinges just now that were much stronger and lasted a half minute. They were more in the center this time, but a little to the left. Today has just been so much pulling & twinges that I simply can't ignore it!
    Woo hoo!!

That's what I'm talking about!

UGH! I so miss our IVF Sisters thread!

Thought you ladies might like to know. I had my first u/s today and we have 2 babies!! One is measuring kind of small so please pray. (I posted in April DD if you want more detailed info) I'm just so happy! You girls are all next! I feel such good things going on for you all! Thank you all for all of your support!

OK I just found this thread - what a confusing thing to lose out beloved IVF thread!! But Ive read all the posts and I know you all feel the same way.

OK Rhonda - I posted this in the clomid blog, but CONGRATULATIONS, RHONDA!!! I'm thriled that you're finally got your You such inspiration to me and all the rest of us waiting to cycle. I feel my BFP is just around the corner since you now have yours. Praying for a very H&H 9 months. I can't wait to hear all about your journey these next 9 months! You've been just like a sister to all of us with your love and support and I couldn't be happier for you. I'm crying as I type this and I just have all the love in the world for you and your LOs. xoxoxo

Yes! Continuing to pray for us IVF girls I feel better now that our room is back on another note the nurse called and said we have 9 blasts that made it to freeze
    YAY!! Congrats on the 9 blasts! That is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Sorry, but I'm going to speak my mind. This whole forum change STINKS!!!! AND I'm not pretending that it didn't happen!! I am very dissapointed that the IVF forum was removed and doubt that I will have the same loyalty to this new pseudo forum. It's like taking the keys away and then saying "Sorry, get home the best way you can." I try very hard not to complain because I know all of us are STC and want the best for each other. BUT the dissappearing IVF forum has officially pissed me off.

Sorry for the rant, but that's how I feel.

I wish everyone the best in their individual journies.

AFM: It'll be a while before I cool off, goodbye!!
    I feel the same way. Hope you're feeling better soon and I really hope they can bring it back. I'm being positive and assuming it is just an oversight and not intentional. They know how much it meant to us. Hang in there, cycle buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    AFM: I start BCP's Monday to begin my new IVF cycle. Good Luck everyone.
    You're on your way to your BFP, SoBe. I'm so excited for your Sept. cycle.

I will agree with you that it was an unfortunate accident and was not intentional. However, many of us when we first started had 2 years of stories to read through as we stalked other women. To be in a place where you are not able to conceive by natural means is so different than the other struggles. We all have STC for some time and have gone through the normal struggles over time (temping, watching ovulation, clomid, etc), but we are beyond that and our only options are with medical assistance. Any new person who wants to know more after being told by her OBGYN she needs to see an RE and then is recommended for IUI or IVF can get so much out of those stories & experiences now buried in Clomid Blog. It's not what I am missing, it's the women who don't even know about the stories that will be missing out. They would never even suspect to find those stories in a clomid blog.

I think it's fine that IVF sisters complain out loud so we can move forward and continue our journeys. So many have just completed cycles or are in them now, so this is very sensitive.
    Well said, Rhonda. You're always the voice of calm reason. Thanks for that, Mama!.

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    My heart is breaking for you ladies for losing your thread. I have a few dear, dear friends that have gone through IVF and I have stalked them through the thread. There is also a possibility I may have to do IVF myself and I mourn all of that info being mixed in somewhere else. This is just so frustrating for everyone involved.
    Thank you. Hopefully they will be able to put the thread back. We're all here should you need to go down the IVF road. Good luck.
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 08-23-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    WOW!! That is really, really amazing! I'm so happy for your awesome follie production and fert report! I could only DREAM of having so many, and I'm about your age, too. This sounds like the perfect cycle for you. Can't wait to hear your beta results and BFP news!!!! When is your beta?
    Thank you! Its August 31st.. a bit away..I keep praying that it works!

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    UGH! I so miss our IVF Sisters thread!

Thought you ladies might like to know. I had my first u/s today and we have 2 babies!! One is measuring kind of small so please pray. (I posted in April DD if you want more detailed info) I'm just so happy! You girls are all next! I feel such good things going on for you all! Thank you all for all of your support!
    OH MY!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!! Prayers sent your way

Those are some awesome signs Rhonda!!!!

32ellah~ Sounds amazing!!!!

Rhonda~ STill praying and it sounds like implantation to me! Glad I found ya'll I was in a panic for a moment.

AFM~ My update in April DD. Things are going well.

Cakegal!!!! OMG!!! I'm soooo excited!! I know one is measuring smaller, but I will pray that LO catches up and both continue to grow and develop!! I miss our old thread too...right now it's all saved in the Clomid thread. Frustrating! I will be stalking you in April DD!!!

Thanks Melissa! I hope I'm not reading anything into all the tugs & few twinges, but I pray it is implantation!! I will check you out in April DD too!

32ellah- Thanks:-) I am praying these are good signs. I'm also very gassy most of the time, so I don't want to mistake any feelings I get if they are simply some sort of gas pains. I just don't normally feel gas in my uterus...lol! You have just a little over a week before your beta, so don't worry, the weekend will fly by and you'll be down to a 1ww!!! Hang in there...it's tough...

AFM: Went to Walmart early this morning before dropping kids off at school so I could get my 3-pack HPT!!! You know I'm obsessing! DH agrees we wait to test Sunday morning, so no sneak peak tomorrow. I bought the First Response Early Detection one that reads up to 6 days before missed period (most early tests read 5 days before missed period). So, hopefully we will get a BFP early if in fact we did get pregnant on this cycle. I am trying not to be too eager for my BFP because I don't want to be depressed if it is reading BFN when in fact it may be way to early to see. The one reason I have always been against HPT's, but I just have to try!

Cakegal!!!! OMG!!! I'm soooo excited!! I know one is measuring smaller, but I will pray that LO catches up and both continue to grow and develop!! I miss our old thread too...right now it's all saved in the Clomid thread. Frustrating! I will be stalking you in April DD!!!

Thanks Melissa! I hope I'm not reading anything into all the tugs & few twinges, but I pray it is implantation!! I will check you out in April DD too!

32ellah- Thanks:-) I am praying these are good signs. I'm also very gassy most of the time, so I don't want to mistake any feelings I get if they are simply some sort of gas pains. I just don't normally feel gas in my uterus...lol! You have just a little over a week before your beta, so don't worry, the weekend will fly by and you'll be down to a 1ww!!! Hang in there...it's tough...

AFM: Went to Walmart early this morning before dropping kids off at school so I could get my 3-pack HPT!!! You know I'm obsessing! DH agrees we wait to test Sunday morning, so no sneak peak tomorrow. I bought the First Response Early Detection one that reads up to 6 days before missed period (most early tests read 5 days before missed period). So, hopefully we will get a BFP early if in fact we did get pregnant on this cycle. I am trying not to be too eager for my BFP because I don't want to be depressed if it is reading BFN when in fact it may be way to early to see. The one reason I have always been against HPT's, but I just have to try!

OH my! Thats like 2 days away!!! I cant wait to hear!!!

I'm trying to stay positive, but then those negative thoughts come creeping in..I want them out of my head!!!!

I don't know why and would like to extend my apologies, but I don't know why the original thread is gone.

It was on the Radar to save, protect and keep as a sticky.

Please forgive me. I have stickied this and edited the title of your new "IVF Sisters" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by APA President View Post
    I don't know why and would like to extend my apologies, but I don't know why the original thread is gone.

Please forgive me. I have stickied this and edited the title of your new "IVF Sisters" thread.
    Thanks

We are a very close bunch, so we may have panicked a bit!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by APA President View Post

Oh, and can we take our angry face off now!! ha ha!! I think we are all good now that we have a place to stay in touch through our IVF cycles!