Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    Looks like it fits ok! Thats cute I can never figure out that stuff haha
    Thanks. I just wing it. Stuff comes out better when I'm not trying to use a pattern.

Yea, Ive been trying that more. I had me a shirt half made, and then silly me, set the iron on fabric I had not tested and it uhm..melted

Heres what I made today...I wanted to use a zigzag on the top but I forgot...lol this is front and back

Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

Everyones been so busy! I'm so excited I can finally post pics on my latest projects.
    I made these pants last week from a wool sweater from the thrift shop. Havnet lanolized them yet and they wont fit her for long, but I love how they came out.
    I did put the waist on backwards. Not sure if I'll fix it.
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

And 3 new diapers I made while housesitting this last week.
    I'm really happy with the purple and pink one. I played around with the length and wings and finally got it the way I like. I'm still playing with the elestics.
    The top is a minky and OBV. It's sooo soft, but for some reason it's a little funky looking. The Soild zebra has a sewn in soaker and I've desided I don't like that. Takes too long to dry. I'm going to stick with lay in soakers.

Oh, and if anyone wants to do another diaper cut trade or sell I have some left of each fabric.
    Last edited by AmandaAK; 08-07-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

I'll take some of that minky... I'll post pic tonight of the fabrics I have jsut bught a bunch today.
    Loving wife to DH Steve and Adoring mommy to DD Becca 9/2/09 and DD Charlotte 11/15/11

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaAK View Post
    I'm really happy with the purple and pink one. I played around with the length and wings and finally got it the way I like. I'm still playing with the elestics.
    The top is a minky and OBV. It's sooo soft, but for some reason it's a little funky looking. The Soild zebra has a sewn in soaker and I've desided I don't like that. Takes too long to dry. I'm going to stick with lay in soakers.

Oh, and if anyone wants to do another diaper cut trade or sell I have some left of each fabric.
    Super cute!!

Not really diaper related, but here's the romper I made last night.

-- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Love the romper!

That romper is adorable! The baby wearing it is cuter though

WIP--what will hopefully work out to be some wool longies. My first attempt, so I am not being super picky about perfection on this one, just mostly trying to work out the pattern. I'm making them in a medium size.

Josie, Hubbyman, Miles, Nora--Josie's Crochet Hook

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    Not really diaper related, but here's the romper I made last night.

OMG, that is too freakin' cute!! I love it! Did you come up with the pattern yourself?

that romper is super cute!!

Omg.. that romper is precious.. I need to get a machine asap and start making all beccas cloths
    Loving wife to DH Steve and Adoring mommy to DD Becca 9/2/09 and DD Charlotte 11/15/11

Quote Originally Posted by kynliod View Post
    OMG, that is too freakin' cute!! I love it! Did you come up with the pattern yourself?
    Thanks everybody!
    I didn't use a pattern but I kind of copied a romper she already has that I love (this one http://www.target.com/Infant-Toddler...k&frombrowse=1). I was so tired though and it was so late that I didn't feel like making the bias trim for the legs and arms out of the knit, so I just used FOE. It came out ok, kind of retro... but I'll do things differently if I make another one. It's a first pancake.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaAK View Post

They look great! I really love that green minky ... if you end up with extra, let me know and I'll definitely try to find something to trade with ya!

Thanks everybody!
    I didn't use a pattern but I kind of copied a romper she already has that I love (this one http://www.target.com/Infant-Toddler...k&frombrowse=1). I was so tired though and it was so late that I didn't feel like making the bias trim for the legs and arms out of the knit, so I just used FOE. It came out ok, kind of retro... but I'll do things differently if I make another one. It's a first pancake.
    First Pancake--haha, I've never heard that one before, I like it.

TBH, I like your design better! But I really like retro, so go figure. XD

Made Nathan a diaper

Made Nathan a diaper

Super cute!!

Thanks! its got velour in it. So squishy! I cant wait till he can wear it haha Gotta figure out when I can buy more snaps though

It's looks super squishy.....one of these days I will make a really nice diaper for my girls!! Still practicing!

The jammies are so cute (both Angela and Virginia)... I that pic of Nathan!
    The purple diaper is really nice too. I like the tie-dye!

I couldn't see the pic of the shadow boxes. I would love to see it though... I'm curious!
    here it is.. made this for my friends daughter you can tell but some of the letter and flowers are raised ( reason I use shadow boxes gives it a nice 3d effect

Jess I will have a pic of your dragon one in a bit

Jess

eta: I need to add the velcro DH is going to bed shortly, so I was kicked out of my room
    Last edited by virginia; 08-08-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Im not super happy with it
    Love it!

V, those diapers look so soft! Love them!
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

I cant wait till he can wear them! Figured Id put snaps on eventually haha I love that velour

I love that shadow box!

I am so torn on the snaps thing. I really only want to make a few more 'perfect' diapers and be done with it and just cant justify a press. I think i'll end up sending my favs out to someone to have snapped.

Course I havent tried velcro yet.
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

I like both. I do like snaps better, but dont have an easy way to do them. I can go to my friends, but Im not going to take every diaper to her haha though, I do have black and white snaps coming soon, so I need to get on getting dies or something..

But I do like the velcro Nathan takes anything off, so it doesnt matter that way haha my friend was shocked when she saw him rip the snaps open on his fuzzibunz