Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

Thanks Angela
    Oh, the minky just arrived! thanks!!

My makeshift clothesline -

My newest diaper with a cute fleece outer fabric. Soaker is sewn into the inner fabric and is 2 layers of MF and 2 layers of Terry. Seemed to do the trick today. I need to fix the elastic, though. I don't like the elastic I had - I'm going to change it out to other stuff I got. Otherwise it works pretty good. The inside is blue flannel and apparently needs to be washed a couple more times. Audrey was covered in blue flakes when I took the diaper off.

cute!!...I got some new fleece today from Joanns....getting a babysitter later this week so I can work on it!
    Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

made this so far today haha

Thats cute V

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post

made this so far today haha
    Love it! Is it a diaper or a cover??

Thanks April! Its a diaper cover. I hope its ok LOL I may have to make Nathan a few

When you get it down, I want one in a NB size, please!

That was quick V! Nice!

How cute V.....I bought some fleece today...getting ready to wash!
    Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

Quote Originally Posted by wannaBmomma View Post
    When you get it down, I want one in a NB size, please!
    That may take some figuring haha though, I bet I could use that darling diaper pattern as a size guide....

thanks guys I think its super cute! hehe its zebra fleece outer and then black fleece inner

I made a ruffly Dale Jr Ruffly

No, it won't BE anything but I wanted to see if I could do a ruffle.

I think R got something on my lens... all my pics are looking a little blurry... ugh.

Love them Windy!

Love them Windy!
    Thanks
    Now I kinda want to sell a pair, I realized a little while ago I need some more money or I might lose out on my gas money

Quote Originally Posted by wannaBmomma View Post
    Good job Windy!!
    Thanks
    This machine has an overlock stitch that worked out nicely on these

yea, I could use some gas money lol Im not sure if I'll have enough for our appts the next two days. Ahh well. Will figure it out haha

Looks good, Windy!

Thanks

You all are so talented! I would LOVE LOVE to learn to sew, I have wanted to for years. I think I may ask santa for a machine this year!

Finished Jammies for Becca

(hope you dont mind me sharing them with people before I send them to you!)

I used to sew scrub tops for myself, but those were pretty easy. All straight lines. I don't know if I could do elastic or tiny little diapers.

Sara(35), DH(34), Ainsley Joy (2/22/09), and Raegan Victoria (1/15/12)
    Friend me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sara1215 View Post
    I used to sew scrub tops for myself, but those were pretty easy. All straight lines. I don't know if I could do elastic or tiny little diapers.
    The way I do elastic is easy peasy. Sew at one end where I want the elastic to be,top stitch around the elastic and then stretch it as much as I can and then sew the other end.

Where do I order your jammies??

Quote Originally Posted by amorton1437 View Post
    The way I do elastic is easy peasy. Sew at one end where I want the elastic to be,top stitch around the elastic and then stretch it as much as I can and then sew the other end.
    You dont tack it at both ends first? So do you have a safety pin or something on the elastic to pull it through? My brain isnt figuring out what your saying

You dont tack it at both ends first? So do you have a safety pin or something on the elastic to pull it through? My brain isnt figuring out what your saying
    I hold it in place and position it under the foot, sew a zig zag, back stitch and then do a straight stitch, turn it, stitch along the elastic and once I get to where I want the other end of the elastic should be, I turn the diaper to the side, then I pull it as tight as I need to and do a zig zag to the edge and then back stitch and straight stitch. Then I cut the elastic. I dont pre-cut the elastic, I always messed it up that way, so I just leave it full length and then trim.

Quote Originally Posted by LBivens View Post
    Where do I order your jammies??
    Right now, I am taking orders wherever people decide to order them Mostly through my FB page Although I am working on setting up shop on Etsy or HC.

Oh you stitch it down? Yea, I dont do that anymore haha Its a lot faster for me to tack it good at both ends, turn the diaper right side out and then top stitch around that. I was trying to figure out what you meant and couldnt but Im getting tired too lol