Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post
    Cute!!! I am doing the same thing. I have never sewn an adult pair of pants. How much fabric do you need for an adult pair of pants?
    I bought 2 yards and it wasn't enough. I actually used the scraps from the side to add to them. It looks funky but he likes them anyways. I should have gotten 2.5 I think. And DH usually wears 30-32 inch length depending on the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by karen208 View Post
    Bad picture but these are Aiden and DH's Christmas lounge pants.

Close up
    Adorable!!! I've always been scared to make adult clothing, it's just so much materials to have to maneuver!

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    Thanks Jessie! I just cast on for the next one Do you knit with DPN's? Im going to get some, and have been told they arent THAT hard haha or I need to find like..short needles on circs haha that cuff is only 32 co, so its not that easy to get started magic looping!
    I use DPN's all the time, they're kinda awkward at first just like everything else but I don't find magic looping to be any faster than DPN's so I just stick to the method I like the most. The fingerless gloves I did were all done on DPNs You could look for some little circs but you've even have a hard time fitting 32 stitches on the 12" ones. I've heard about some 9" ones but I've never seen any.

I have some 16's and its a pita for 32 haha Once I get it going, its not so bad.

I know Im HATING the bamboo circs the pants are on I dont know if its me, maybe Im just knitting them too tight because they dont want to slide super easy on them. I didnt have any issues with the shorter needles, but they are the nickle plated type from knit picks. Im on the hunt for some metal ones now lol Though I can see the bamboo being nice for DPNs lol

If I wanted to switch the legs to a smaller one, is it a 12"? Im not sure the pattern says, as it gives instructions for magic looping haha

I have some 16's and its a pita for 32 haha Once I get it going, its not so bad.

I know Im HATING the bamboo circs the pants are on I dont know if its me, maybe Im just knitting them too tight because they dont want to slide super easy on them. I didnt have any issues with the shorter needles, but they are the nickle plated type from knit picks. Im on the hunt for some metal ones now lol Though I can see the bamboo being nice for DPNs lol

If I wanted to switch the legs to a smaller one, is it a 12"? Im not sure the pattern says, as it gives instructions for magic looping haha
    I'm not a fan of bamboo circs either, it's not just you, the stitches don't slip around enough for me. I think nickel plated are much better for me. I do use bamboo for DPN's though because it that case you don't want the needles to just slip right out lol. Definitely go with a 12" for the legs unless you want to magic loop, then go with a 36" or 40".

Finish the longies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are on a 40"! I did an inch on them the other night, and with fighting to slide the needles around, my hands started to hurt LOL thinking I might try to find some metal 12" ones so I can just do them one at a time. Or a 40"..I dont mind the ML'ing at all, but I DO mind having to force stitches around LOL

I agree, I hate that too, it makes knitting very difficult.

I'm not allowed to show the colorway until the congo previews go up but I'll post black and whites of the "mystery colorway". It looks way better in full color.

Kimono WIP

I made a hat minus the earflaps like the one above for DH but haven't gotten a picture yet, it's just boring black anyways.

I am jealous of how fast you must be to get so much done hehe I love them and cant wait to see the colorway!

I promise I'm not that fast Virginia, it just looks that way since I don't post some of it until it's finished lol. That sweater took a whole 7 days of weekend and after work knitting!
    Last edited by jessievinson; 11-16-2010 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karen208 View Post
    I bought 2 yards and it wasn't enough. I actually used the scraps from the side to add to them. It looks funky but he likes them anyways. I should have gotten 2.5 I think. And DH usually wears 30-32 inch length depending on the pants.
    Thanks! I think I got like 6 yards of this cheap flannel at Joann, so it should be enough for at least DS and DH. Maybe I can even get a pair! My DH is about the same size pants.

I love that sweater in the black n white lol.
    How much do you sale em for? Or do you sale em?

Nice Jessie!! I really like the hat too
    ~Kim~mama to Braeden 5-7-96,Kyle 12-8-98,Rachel 3-18-06, Emmaleeah 6-13-08, and baby Jason 3-27-12

Quote Originally Posted by ITZALLFORME View Post
    I love that sweater in the black n white lol.
    How much do you sale em for? Or do you sale em?
    She does sell them and they'll be listed on her new congo on Black Friday!!
    ~Kim~mama to Braeden 5-7-96,Kyle 12-8-98,Rachel 3-18-06, Emmaleeah 6-13-08, and baby Jason 3-27-12

for a friend

That outfit is adorable Virginia!!! I love the turkey shirt.

Thanks I do too! I need to find some shirts cheap for my kids haha Im offering two more up on my facebook page

Super cute V! Wish I had time to sew. How on earth do you manage once babies start crawling.
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

LOL Id baby proof where I wanted to sew and lock baby up with me

anymore, I try to sew when one of the older kids is around to help occupy Nathan. I get pulled away from the machine a lot!

LOL Id baby proof where I wanted to sew and lock baby up with me

anymore, I try to sew when one of the older kids is around to help occupy Nathan. I get pulled away from the machine a lot!
    I try that, but the kids dont' understand the concept of keeping Audrey away from me. Happens when I cook too. I say, "Someone get Audrey out of the kitchen. I'm opening the oven." The response, "Audrey, come here." Sorry Kymi ... but calling your baby sister isn't getting her out of the kitchen. It's just making more noise.

I've learned to sew with Audrey on my lap. Tricky, but it's working. I hope her having a little sister will keep her occupied enough that I'll get 10 minutes at a shot on my sewing machine.

I cant sew with Nathan on my lap lol he likes to "help"

I love this set. I want to keep it!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62147790...over-towel-set

is that your swiffer towel?

Yes, with a matching kitchen towel this one goes on a regular swiffer.

Oh and btw it is way more purple then it looks lol I'll see if I can get a good shot outside tomorrow if you want

Thats a really nice swifter towel.....does that fit the on that sprays? or is that just for the duster?
    Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

It would fit the one that sprays, but you couldnt spray with it on. I do make some for the wet jet though It just has little loops instead of the end covers. and thanks

oh yea I shouldve looked at my wetjet before I even asked...lol How much are the ones for the wetjet...its a pain try and remember to buy replacements and then they are just going in the trash

They are the same. $8 for the covers. Im working on a new wet jet pattern too so its easier to get on and off

These are the only things I use to mop with. I have a couple now, as I end up snagging one if I cant find mine, or I keep my seconds haha They are nice to have. just toss in the laundry and they come out nice and fluffy and ready to use again. I had someone buy quite a few, and she even worked out how much you'd save if you used these LOL I need to go find that again and put it in my listings.

They are the same. $8 for the covers. Im working on a new wet jet pattern too so its easier to get on and off

These are the only things I use to mop with. I have a couple now, as I end up snagging one if I cant find mine, or I keep my seconds haha They are nice to have. just toss in the laundry and they come out nice and fluffy and ready to use again. I had someone buy quite a few, and she even worked out how much you'd save if you used these LOL I need to go find that again and put it in my listings.
    When you get your new design worked out post a pic, I'll buy a couple