Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    Love these!
    Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

Thanks guys I love how that pattern works on those pants. I may have to get more of that fleece LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mattiehatter View Post
    I love the little crayon holder!!!!!

OK so I just looked up sewing patterns for making cloth diapers and prefolds and told DH that the next big purchase I make for myself will be a sewing machine because I think I can start making CDs before even getting PG. I told him I wanted to make the 3rd bedroom into a workroom anyway.

Where did you ladies that make your own CDs find a snap machine and how much did it run you?
    Snap presses I have found are like $80, but cheaper if you get in on a co op, but snap pliers are $20-30. KAMSNAPS is the name of the store.

Quote Originally Posted by amorton1437 View Post
    Snap presses I have found are like $80, but cheaper if you get in on a co op, but snap pliers are $20-30. KAMSNAPS is the name of the store.
    Cool thank you!! I'm going to start with prefolds first and then move onto the more complicated ones. I may need testers when I finally get to do it!

Mary(24) Mark(37) A(15) L(12) Bean Sprout (8/16)
    mattiehatter106

Quote Originally Posted by mattiehatter View Post
    Where did you ladies that make your own CDs find a snap machine and how much did it run you?

I have pliers from KamSnaps and have converted several aplix diapers to snaps! I like them. The only thing I have had a little trouble on was a BG where the snap cap was inside the diaper (between the PUL and Inner) and the pliers we on the outside.... They didn't mash down "straight" but they still work, just not as pretty as they could be. When the cap is directly in the pliers, they turn out great!

Quote Originally Posted by jackielease View Post
    I have pliers from KamSnaps and have converted several aplix diapers to snaps! I like them. The only thing I have had a little trouble on was a BG where the snap cap was inside the diaper (between the PUL and Inner) and the pliers we on the outside.... They didn't mash down "straight" but they still work, just not as pretty as they could be. When the cap is directly in the pliers, they turn out great!
    Same here. My converted BG is the only one that doesn't look great.

made some longies, but havent gotten them pictured yet. The ooga diaper will hopefully have snaps on tuesday. I did that one a little different....

love the ooga!

Me too!! love me some ooga haha he has a red/black ooga waiting for snaps as well. And he'll have a winter ooga once that comes lol

made some longies, but havent gotten them pictured yet. The ooga diaper will hopefully have snaps on tuesday. I did that one a little different....
    Im sure you know I LOVE the skull diaper!

I wish I had more of that fleece hehe hopefully its new owner likes it too!

V - is it easier to make diapers with a serger as opposed to sewing them? Or is it about the same?

Quote Originally Posted by christineestelle View Post
    V - is it easier to make diapers with a serger as opposed to sewing them? Or is it about the same?
    I've been wondering the same.

My Pampered Chef Site and FB

Started this a year and a half ago. Had a really angry moment over a crooked seam and tossed it in the box. Had a baby 2 weeks later and left it in the box until yesterday.

Finished project:

backside:

It has turned into my swap gift for my DD swap. I am totally in love with it and mildly bummed that I can't keep it.

I'm going to include diapers and cheap diaper accessories (wipes, ointment, etc.)

Well, easier depends haha I tried serging some, but with rounded wings and botched it..badly. With practice, its going to be a lot faster. You dont have to sew, then turn, then top stitch..you just serge it. Leave an opening, add elastic, serge it closed. That diaper, has turned legs, and the rest is serged. Not sure if its easy to see in the pic.

I made this as well. This is something I'll be looking for testers/models for.

eta: This is Caitlyns. I'll be doing some like a skirtie, but with like knit leggings attached..though like this, its easy to get on over pants. This skirt is SUPER twirly. Its windy, so I cant get a good hanging pic outside..

Last edited by virginia; 09-19-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Well, two wipes in and they are getting a LITTLE better. Not much, but a little...

Thankfully I'll only be wiping a butt with em!

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Well, two wipes in and they are getting a LITTLE better. Not much, but a little...

Thankfully I'll only be wiping a butt with em!

that's how I feel about mine.

thats a really cute skirt!

Cute stuff everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by jessievinson View Post
    Cute stuff everyone!!

OMg your stuff is just beautiful!!
    Loving wife to DH Steve and Adoring mommy to DD Becca 9/2/09 and DD Charlotte 11/15/11

Quote Originally Posted by dworth629 View Post
    OMg your stuff is just beautiful!!
    Thanks Danielle

Jessie, you make me jealous haha my knitting is not so pretty yet. I love that little sweater

Quote Originally Posted by jessievinson View Post
    Thanks Danielle
    I'm gunna have to start saving now and buying wool so I can have you do YYMN stuff for my next baby.. Maybe i'll even be able to swing one winter set of longies for dd.. Really wanna try wool but feel like it's so expensive i'm scared to make the jump you know.. But i def don't need anymore diapers so maybe now I can consider it.
    Loving wife to DH Steve and Adoring mommy to DD Becca 9/2/09 and DD Charlotte 11/15/11

Thanks V! I just got licensed to sell from all the sweet mama small sugar patterns and I'm way excited about it. I love all her patterns.

Danielle it does seem really expensive which is why I learned to knit lol. If you love fitted diapers, I feel certain you'd love wool though!

Yes, thats why Im learning to knit. I couldnt afford to get him woolies any other way

thats the tihng i relaly only use pockets and AIO's so msot everything i use is waterproof.. NOt sure what i'll do once I have another baby we go the waterproof route cause becca is a heavy wetter. I more want to do longies and such just cause they are cute lol.. is there a cheaper yarn I could use then that would still be comfortable for her assuming i'm just using them for fashion?

You can always get acrylic for longies if you don't want them to be waterproof! It doesn't come in all the super pretty colorways that the wool yarn does but it's a ton cheaper.

Yes, thats why Im learning to knit. I couldnt afford to get him woolies any other way
    But it's a trillion times better when mama makes you something rather than buys you something.

My Pampered Chef Site and FB

First diaper I ever made ... with the first snaps I ever applied.

The snap placement is iffy, but so was the quality of the diaper. I just needed a real diaper on which to practice after I practice on a piece of scrap fabric.

She's wearing the diaper today.

Itty bitty hat for my itty bitty on the way.

Now I'm making a matching one for the big sister.