Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

V ... seeing your projects depresses me about my own skills....

I know, I know ... the front is upside down. I'm not about trying to make the front and back both upside right. So half of the diapers the front is upside down and the other half the back is upside down.

She wouldn't hold still for a good action shot, and I was using my phone, so it takes forever to take the shot. She's not as cooperative as Nathan.

This is the best diaper I've made so far. And I LOVE this pattern. I just need to figure out what's wrong with my soaker size. I think it should be bigger, the pattern has it kind of small. That's an easy enough fix.

This diaper fits her really well, I think. It's a medium, so by the time the new baby comes in December, I bet the larges will fit perfectly and they can wear matching diapers (I have matching large and NB diapers ready to sew).

Things I need: more inner fabric, more elastic, more velcro, maybe more material for soakers.

I can't believe how much velcro these darn things take.

It looks good!! Ive made quite a few diapers. So that helps lol and Im just doing fitteds right now. So they are only like 3 layers

Nathan isnt always so cooperative. I think he likes showing off his diapers though haha

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    It looks good!! Ive made quite a few diapers. So that helps lol and Im just doing fitteds right now. So they are only like 3 layers

Nathan isnt always so cooperative. I think he likes showing off his diapers though haha
    I'm doing fitteds too. What do you do inside? Do you just do a really thick inner layer? Or do you do a soaker?

Some of them, when I feel like it, I add a few layers to the middle layer..but Im finding that if I make a long bamboo soaker to lay in, it works just fine for Nathan. So there are 2 layers of bamboo fleece in the diaper, then like 3-4 in the soaker, and when folded, that makes it like..heck, I dunno? 10 or so? And thats if I dont add in the small ones I make, to put in the front lol

Finally finished up the last of my fabric and can happly say I'm done makind diapers. I've counted 21. Now I just need to finish some soakers and I'm moving on to other sewing projects.

Amanda(24) DH(36)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaAK View Post
    Finally finished up the last of my fabric and can happly say I'm done makind diapers. I've counted 21. Now I just need to finish some soakers and I'm moving on to other sewing projects.

Those all look amazing!!
    Loving wife to DH Steve and Adoring mommy to DD Becca 9/2/09 and DD Charlotte 11/15/11

super cute!
    Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

Doesnt that make you feel good too? Knowing you made her diapers! I love it hehe

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaAK View Post

Those are awesome Amanda.

I think I need to find some old t-shirts to cut up for some diapers. I think DH would love an SF Giants diaper.

K. I made more today. After lots of struggles with my sewing machine, I think I finally figured out what was wrong. My tension was too tight. I now have it all the way down and it seems to be better. not sure if it's because of the material I'm using or if my machine is just a piece of junk, but it seems better.

I made 2 diapers today. I figured out my soaker problem and will work to correct that so I can get them all put together. Of the 25 or so I have to make, I've made 3. I really need a full weekend without Audrey bugging me so I can just sew. But alas, nobody understands that I need her out of my hair completely to sew and they give up after 5 minutes of babysitting. sigh...................

OH well. Here are the two I made today. Peace frogs and Girls Rock.

I like material like the peace frogs because there is no top or bottom.

And about an hour after we put the peace frogs on, she pooped. Kinda makes me sad to have her poop so early in a brand new diaper.

those look great!!! Ive got 8 cut...Ive got so much to do with Marisol at the hospital this week I may not be able to get to them

Made Nathan some pants He picked this alligator flannel, was a remnant. Not my fav haha and I didnt want a diaper from it...

Those are cute! I need to make Santana some warmer pj pants because she hates to cover up and I like it COLD in my room

Cute pants.

He has so much personality in your photos. I bet he is just a kick in the pants.

Why is Marisol in the hospital?

He really is And thanks!

yea, is she ok??

She has to get a PH probe done Tuesday and Friday she has to drink the barium and have xrays....I have NO idea how they are gonna get her to drink that barium...wont take a bottle with ebm in it.....she has a reflux disorder that causes seizure like episodes and I guess that wanna make sure thats what it is and not actual seizures.....since the nuerologist didnt want to do a eeg...and she has a really BIG belly and they wanna make sure there isnt anything wrong...but I think it matches the rest of her, she's a really big baby.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Santasmomma View Post
    She has to get a PH probe done Tuesday and Friday she has to drink the barium and have xrays....I have NO idea how they are gonna get her to drink that barium...wont take a bottle with ebm in it.....she has a reflux disorder that causes seizure like episodes and I guess that wanna make sure thats what it is and not actual seizures.....since the nuerologist didnt want to do a eeg...and she has a really BIG belly and they wanna make sure there isnt anything wrong...but I think it matches the rest of her, she's a really big baby.....lol
    ~Kim~mama to Braeden 5-7-96,Kyle 12-8-98,Rachel 3-18-06, Emmaleeah 6-13-08, and baby Jason 3-27-12

Yikes!!!

So why is it everytime I put on the cute peace frogs diaper Audrey decides to go poop?

New dress for Lily.

OMG that is so cute!! Did you use a pattern? I LOVE that fabric!

I just followed this tutorial except I made it for an a-line dress.
    http://www.prudentbaby.com/2010/05/peasant-blouse.html

Cute stuff everyone! And virginia, I saw your skull and crossbones in the OT thread, love that!

Gift wrap romper:

I've got another one finished that I'll post a pic of when it's done drying and I sew the buttons on.

Oh that is adorable Jessie! I put a new progress pic of my longies on ravelry!

and thanks Nathan likes the skull too. going to be going that on a few things lol

Quote Originally Posted by jessievinson View Post
    Cute stuff everyone! And virginia, I saw your skull and crossbones in the OT thread, love that!

Gift wrap romper:

I've got another one finished that I'll post a pic of when it's done drying and I sew the buttons on.
    LOVE!

Oh that is adorable Jessie! I put a new progress pic of my longies on ravelry!

and thanks Nathan likes the skull too. going to be going that on a few things lol
    It's looking great so far! Any trouble with the short rows?

LOVE!
    Thanks so much

My sick baby modeling one of my new diapers......no this is a swap gift either!

That diaper looks awesome! Poor sick baby

Not really. I did two different methods of hiding them haha my friend showed me one but I couldnt remember, and another friend sent me a link to her fav. way. I cant wait till they are done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christineestelle View Post
    Yikes!!!

So why is it everytime I put on the cute peace frogs diaper Audrey decides to go poop?
    Ha same reason Christian does in the seahawks diaper Poor poopy seahawks.

Not really. I did two different methods of hiding them haha my friend showed me one but I couldnt remember, and another friend sent me a link to her fav. way. I cant wait till they are done!!!
    Were you able to hide the gaps? I finally found a way I like after knitting a ton of longies, I wish I had tried this way first! I do a wrapped stitch method.