Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

We are celebrating Christian's birthday tomorrow. He is not 1 for 2 months but this is going to be our celebration so Daddy can be here I whipped this up today. I kind of like it, DH thinks it looks a little nightmare before christmas-ish. It is just a cotton backed with PUL and a middle flannel layer for some absorbancy.

Cute! Love the fabrics together!
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

Quote Originally Posted by karen208 View Post
    Mine likes baseball caps.
    That's what I was afraid of. Not sure I can make a baseball cap. I can certainly try. I'll look for patterns and instructions. Maybe I can find an easy one. I need to figure out what kinds of things he's into.

well i'm not very sewing inclined but i am still pretty handy

here is a bench that i refinished and painted hot pink, and then free handed summer's name.

and a bow holder... for when she grows hair

that second pic shows the side of her dresser that i also refinished from a glossy stained wood to white. it has hot pink knobs to match the bench. the dresser was handmade by my grandmother's grandfather. so it is pretty sentimental.
    Personal space is overrated.

Very nice!!! She'll love them as she grows up.

I FINALLY finished the mei tai that I've been working on for me (and Macie ). I've made two others for baby shower gifts for good friends but mine has been sitting around half finished for a while. The print part has velcro holding it in so I can swap out the pattern/color anytime I want. I also made my first diaper recently but it is in the laundry so I'll take pics next time it's out!

Last edited by MashedUp; 09-02-2010 at 08:10 AM.
    AKA Lisa724

I finally made something! I made a tutu. They're so easy, and it made me feel like I accomplished something. She's sleeping so no way to get action shots, but here it is:

We are some creative Mommas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa724 View Post
    I FINALLY finished the mei tai that I've been working on for me (and Macie ). I've made two others for baby shower gifts for good friends but mine has been sitting around half finished for a while. The print part has velcro holding it in so I can swap out the pattern/color anytime I want. I also made my first diaper recently but it is in the laundry so I'll take pics next time it's out!

ETA: Yikes, sorry so huge!
    Very nice!

Nice stuff guys!! I love seeing all the cool handmade goodies

Im working on this

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    Nice stuff guys!! I love seeing all the cool handmade goodies

Im working on this

Nice. Good, even stitches. Cool. Wool?

Yep! Its wool. Not one of the "nicer" ones, but its not super scratchy and will work. I cannot tell you how happy I am, to be done with the waistband! I had to pull it out totally once..then Nathan messed it up and I seriously thought I had to pull it out again and wanted to cry lol but a friend fixed it!

Lookin good Virginia! My first waistband was quite an accomplishment, I think I had to frog and totally redo 3 times.

I've posted this before but if you girls are on ravelry add me! my username is jessievinson

Here's some recent knits:

I've also got anther romper drying right now, I've been a knitting maniac lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jessievinson View Post
    Lookin good Virginia! My first waistband was quite an accomplishment, I think I had to frog and totally redo 3 times.

I've posted this before but if you girls are on ravelry add me! my username is jessievinson

Here's some recent knits:

I've also got anther romper drying right now, I've been a knitting maniac lately.
    Those are amazing!!! I don't have any wool and those make me want some BADDDDDD! Maybe I need to learn to knit too......
    AKA Lisa724

Yea, I was seriously ready to give up when Nathan pulled out some stitches..I had worked SO hard to get the waist done lol then I saw this:

and was just..done lol but it was easily fixed!

and your stuff is awesome Maybe someday hehe

Thanks ladies! I'm glad you figure out how to fix that Virginia, it's so easy with a crochet hook! I totally frogged entire projects for a dropped stitch when I was first learning lol.

Jessie those are the romper makes me want a winter newbie really really really bad. My baby fever just went up a few thousand degrees
    ~Kim~mama to Braeden 5-7-96,Kyle 12-8-98,Rachel 3-18-06, Emmaleeah 6-13-08, and baby Jason 3-27-12

Thanks ladies! I'm glad you figure out how to fix that Virginia, it's so easy with a crochet hook! I totally frogged entire projects for a dropped stitch when I was first learning lol.
    My friend fixed it with just the knitting needles! I was in awe

Quote Originally Posted by Living4Him View Post
    Jessie those are the romper makes me want a winter newbie really really really bad. My baby fever just went up a few thousand degrees
    MINE TOO. It's hard to knit newbie things and not want a baby. I have to chant over and over "You'll have another Jonas, You'll have another Jonas, You'll have another Jonas" and that usually calms it right on down. You see, Jonas is what I would call a bit of a devil baby lol.

My friend fixed it with just the knitting needles! I was in awe
    Yeah I'll do that in a pinch but it's so much easier with a crochet hook. That's the only reason I have a hook actually, I'd have no idea how to actually crochet with it

LOL Yea, thats what the group of moms at the park said too. I'll need to learn how to do it, because Nathan loves to mess with my knitting haha

Here is a nicer picture. took it outside

Pretty! Jonas will grab my knitting any chance he gets, I can't really knit when he's awake at all.

See, Nathan leaves it be, so long as Im near it. But soon as he see's he can reach it and Im not around..he wants it.

BUT..look how cute he is..

this was before I had decided to frog it the first time..he slipped stitches so it was sort of decided for me. I had messed up anyhow, so it was needed...

Awww, that is pretty cute, I can see your dilemma! Maybe he'll want to learn to knit someday! There's a WAHM on DS that knits and dyes and when she's too busy to knit her customs, her DH does it. He's actually the one that taught her to knit. I think that's so cool!

I love that photo. That's awesome V.

Audrey likes to rip my needles out. And now that I'm probably less than an hour from finishing my project, I cant' find one of my needles. sigh............

I know that feeling! I had to make a trip to the yarn store for a $17 needle the other day but because I couldn't find the one I needed. I know I used to have that size but I don't have a clue where it went lol.

I guess thats one plus to a circular..harder to rip out! haha

I guess thats one plus to a circular..harder to rip out! haha
    lol yeah but believe me, it can still be done!

lol yeah but believe me, it can still be done!
    Toddlers will find a way

Just needs snaps!! well, and some soakers. haha