Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

thats really cute!!! Santanas cabbage patch wears some of the ones Ive made that arent useable
    Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

Quote Originally Posted by jessievinson View Post
    I'd bet after it's washed a few more times it'll absorb! I had some Diaper Change diapers that I had to wash at least 10 times before the microfleece would let pee through it.
    I have a Diaper Change we are having issues with, maybe I just need to wash it more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackielease View Post
    I have a Diaper Change we are having issues with, maybe I just need to wash it more!!!
    Well MAYBE that will work for you lol. Unfortunately, even after they started to let the pee through I still had leaking at the front tabs always. The diaper maker told me that just sometimes happens but it happened every single time DS wore them.

I made a bag for my friend who loves to knit on the go. She literally takes her knitting everywhere and with this she can hang it on her wrist and knit while she walks.

Thats awesome! I want to make my MIL a knitting bag. I found a nice pattern on HC

Virginia have you seen the Knit and go girl pattern? I have that pattern and had one made for me and it's awesome! Takes a ton of fabric though.

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=33283&vid=2064

that one? Yep thats the one I want! Wish I didnt have to spend that for one bag though haha. Though I guess I could make myself one as well. Maybe I could sell some though lol

Same Sprouts Snap pattern as the green and brown polka dot one but I tried to make it a little wider. I won't bother showing the inner. Its the natural bamboo color. I had to cut this fabric cause the stretch was in the wrong direction for the size I needed. I love this fabric but it looks a little boyish and younger for her. But its so cute.

Thats super cute! I really like that print

So, here is a pumpkin. Ignore the wonky waist..my thread broke like 4 times on the back within a few inches. I am NOT impressed haha going to buy new needles so I can get my sewing done this weekend...

what do you think of the face? Just something I drew up...I may move it down just a little bit on the next one....

Super cute.

Oh and I got Skull socks to make into leg warmers.

All done. Can't wait for cooler weather. She has a few others from last winter that still fit too but might not go as high.

Love all the work done today!!!! To make the leg warmers...you just cut the foot out and sew?? I like that diaper pattern too!!

You cut the foot off. Then cut the heel and toe off the foot piece. Fold the foot piece like a cuff. Turn the leg inside out and sew the cuff inside the turned leg. Wicked easy. I also thought I needed to use a stretch stitch but figured out I didn't so the last 4 pairs went wicked quick with just a straight stitch and it stretches still.

I say wicked a lot.
    Last edited by karen208; 08-21-2010 at 04:20 PM.

wicked....

This pattern makes a huge diaper. At least in knit. This is her with it on the small setting. There is a newborn setting too but it has to do with hooking the snaps to the waist or something. The purple arrow points to about where her belly button is.

Both really cute!! I may try out that Sprout pattern

I actually made it wider in the crotch area cause I wanted it a little wider to cover her bottom. I love how it fits her. The first is narrower and I haven't tried it on her yet. It'll fit awhile that's for sure.

V - I like the face. It's like mildly scary, but mostly cute. good jack-o-lantern.

What size socks for the leg warmers?

I bought Ladies and Girls. The girls will probably not go as high up but they were too cute. They're knee highs too.

Quote Originally Posted by christineestelle View Post
    V - I like the face. It's like mildly scary, but mostly cute. good jack-o-lantern.
    Thanks! Nathan liked it and made it roar at everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jessievinson View Post
    I made a bag for my friend who loves to knit on the go. She literally takes her knitting everywhere and with this she can hang it on her wrist and knit while she walks.

That's beautiful!! I love that fabric!!
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    That is too cute!!!
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

made myself a lunch bag...just a quickie this morning lol I put some of the stuff you use in pot holders in it, and it seemed to keep things cool pretty well.

I love both of those bags! You guys have beautiful grass!

mommajess Guest

Yeah, I am kind of in AWWWW by the talent in this room