Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

Cute! I just love making leggings!
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

Okay I'm so excited I can finally share photos of my most recent work. Would be nice if I could just upload from my phone, but I'm not that smart.
    I'm so proud of the first two! They have grand flannel in them with fleece inside and a micro towel soaker. They are so soft and squishy!
    The second two are a bit thicker and didnt come out quite how I planned. I'm happy with the koi fish, but my tiger paw print is way off. oh well.

Heres a picture of one in action and another of a soaker I bought from another apaer! Love it, but it wont fit on her thick diapers.

Last edited by AmandaAK; 08-15-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

Those are beautiful! Good job!
    Cathy, Mommy to Genevieve and Agnes

Great job guys!!! I love the koi diaper

Quote Originally Posted by amorton1437 View Post
    You found peace frogs! Everyone LOVES that one
    I actually found them awhile ago, but the fabric shrunk too much. So I put them on hold until I found a NB pattern I wanted to try.

I spent Sat night and last night tracing and cutting out diapers. I have probably 25-30 diapers waiting to be made. But I have no soaker material and only 2 yds of flannel for inside fabric. I need to remedy that. But I think DH might kill me if I bought more already. So I'll make what I have and go from there. Obviously I need soaker material now. I'll go to the $ Tree and find some MF towels.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaAK View Post
    Okay I'm so excited I can finally share photos of my most recent work. Would be nice if I could just upload from my phone, but I'm not that smart.
    I'm so proud of the first two! They have grand flannel in them with fleece inside and a micro towel soaker. They are so soft and squishy!
    The second two are a bit thicker and didnt come out quite how I planned. I'm happy with the koi fish, but my tiger paw print is way off. oh well.

Heres a picture of one in action and another of a soaker I bought from another apaer! Love it, but it wont fit on her thick diapers.

I love the paw print one Very good job!

Wow 25 diapers cut! That's amazing!
    Walmart sells a pack of 8 14" square microtowels for under $6.00 I think.
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

Wow 25 diapers cut! That's amazing!
    Walmart sells a pack of 8 14" square microtowels for under $6.00 I think.
    Thanks. If they're the same towels we have for cleaning, I'm not sure I like them. The towels I found at the $ store are SUPER absorbant and I think I can get at least 2 or 3 diapers out of one towel, especially NB. I also have a huge pile of terry wash cloths for soaker.

Yeah, it was a project. And trying to decide what sizes I wanted to make. Audrey is on the tail end of medium and probably is just starting to fit in a large. But we have a NB on the way, and need to make some for her too. so I made mostly NB, a couple Large and a few medium.

I'm going to make a couple matching diapers. I couldn't resist the urge to have my two daughters wearing matching diapers. I'll have to get some matching dresses or t-shirts or something to wear with them.

omg that would be sooo cute. Matching fluff butts!
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

omg that would be sooo cute. Matching fluff butts!
    I'm totally getting into the idea of 2 baby girls. YAY!!!!!

mommajess Guest

I finally got my fabric in and am super excited to get my diapers made. You all have made some beautiful diapers. I am still practicing & trying to make a decent pattern before I use my GOOD fabrics. My first diaper was pretty bad but worked surprisingly well. For practice I am just using an old sheet and old towels. I hope I settle on a good pattern soon cause I am super excited to try out my bamboo terry. I can't believe how easy it is to make an AIO diaper.

adorsey Guest

is that the fabric that your swap gift was wrapped in? it looks great!

It is! I was so nervous to cut it. I didnt want to mess is up, but it's my favorite home made diaper yet!
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

adorsey Guest

yay im so glad. it looks great! i loved the diapers she made you. now im obsessed with her company

These are so good!!!!! I want a pattern so I can try and make a soaker....they are so cute!
    Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

I haven't made the soaker for it yet but this diaper ended up huge. Luckily it has multiple settings. I don't know if the pattern was meant for knit. I'm proud of it but the elastic could have been better. And the photos don't do the green with brown polkadots justice.
    Last edited by karen208; 08-17-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santasmomma View Post
    These are so good!!!!! I want a pattern so I can try and make a soaker....they are so cute!
    I use this one. Just make sure to stretch the leg and waist bands as you sew them.
    http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007...r-pattern.html

Cute Karen!!! Do you like the bamboo fleece?

Sewing with it was easy. I haven't tried it on her yet. I still need to make a soaker but that'll be tomorrow after work I think.

Quote Originally Posted by karen208 View Post
    I haven't made the soaker for it yet but this diaper ended up huge. Luckily it has multiple settings. I don't know if the pattern was meant for knit. I'm proud of it but the elastic could have been better. And the photos don't do the green with brown polkadots justice.
    super cute!!!!

That's REALLY cute Karen! What pattern is it?

Sprout snap pattern. I didn't alter it much.
    http://www.doddlebee.com/SproutSnap.pdf

Sprout snap pattern. I didn't alter it much.
    http://www.doddlebee.com/SproutSnap.pdf
    Oh good to see it sewn up, I haven't seen one sewn yet. I've heard a lot of people say they love that pattern though!

So all the diapers I cut up this weekend, I think the NBs are going to be big. I hope not, though. I put them up against a NB fitted that I have (Cover your Clover) and they are a lot bigger. Maybe they'll fit anyway and the Clover is just a small diaper.

So far...

and Ive already put the one snap on the wrong side of the flap So the pink you see in the bottom, will be the outside...I wanted the outside to match the big pocket on the back. Oh well lol

Man, you ladies are too good. I feel so inadequate even in my beginner stage!
    Jessica & Matt proud parents to Elliot (6.5), Oliver (23m) and our sweet Penelope due 7-4-12

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    So far...

and Ive already put the one snap on the wrong side of the flap So the pink you see in the bottom, will be the outside...I wanted the outside to match the big pocket on the back. Oh well lol
    I LOVE it.

I love messenger bags. I think they are awesome.

I use this one. Just make sure to stretch the leg and waist bands as you sew them.
    http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007...r-pattern.html
    Thanks for posting this, I think I will try making one. EEK! I'm still so nervous about doing elastic because I've never done it before. I just need to get over it and do it!!!
    Jessica & Matt proud parents to Elliot (6.5), Oliver (23m) and our sweet Penelope due 7-4-12

Yeah its easy. There's no elastic involved.

Im almost done with it. Getting ready to sew the inside to the outside..eek! I decided to wait on the other side of the clasp and it can be hidden behind a pocket on the inside lol