Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1095

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    Im so glad Rickiann I cant wait to see her in them!

Holly. You made all of those THIS WEEK????
    Yes, I had help from my gma getting everything ran through the quilting machine.

Here's a shirt for Santana, or a dress for Marisol, Im actually making a shirt and pants for Marisol out of this material for her bday in March! I have more material Im gonna make some more of these will post pic of the pants hopefully tomorrow

Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

I have another pair in the washer now, that I did a little differently...

How much do you charge for wool dryer balls V?

Im thinking they will be like $5-6 per ball. They take me about 1/2 hour to make one, then probably 1/2 hour to dye it and then I felt them at least two times, in the washer/dryer. the top one is a 10" circumference and the bottom is 9 1/2". That should be my smallest, Im shooting for a 10" circ on them. I also felt them as I make them

Ok, really dumb question.....what exactly do you use a wool dryer ball for?
    AKA Lisa724

It helps cut down drying time for you clothes in the dryer. And it fluffs them all up so you can use less or no fabric softener.

Those are cute!
    Debra ~ Attached Mama to Isla! 2/08

They are good kid toys too LOL thanks

Yep, most definitely!
    Debra ~ Attached Mama to Isla! 2/08

oooooh! can you use them with dipes?
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa724 View Post
    oooooh! can you use them with dipes?
    Yes.

So how many are recommended?
    I might order some.

mommajess Guest

Probably another dumb question...but do they cause static????

No, they help static. They bounce around in the dryer, helping the air circulate through your clothes. And they rub against the clothes, lessening the static. Its usually recommended you have at least 4 in your dryer. ETA: http://www.ecobold.com/blogs/32-wool-dryer-balls You can also scent them with EO or FO's...

Here are two I made today.
    Last edited by virginia; 01-18-2011 at 03:47 PM.

I love them!! intrested in doing a trade?
    How do you scent them? Would you just inject the EO in the center of the ball?

Yes Morgan. Im not totally sure how much though yet haha I havent scented any of my big ones...though I plan to, I have some lemon here.

LOL Im always up for trades haha I have 3 unfelted ones and probably 1 1/2 lbs of wool left which will all be balls! haha

Those are really cute!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Cute!
    Dana(28)DH: Jim(27)Married July 28, 2007 Abigail Born 1/26/2011 1 Cat & 1 Dog M/C 12/09

DH left today for a few weeks and I decided to get to crafting.

I started with recovering our dining room chairs...

Before

After

And here is the fabric. What else should I do with it? It's chenille and upholstery weight.

Then I finished a gift for a client that is due tomorrow. It's a swaddler and NB diaper set.

I'm really impressed with my diapers! They are getting better and better.
    Umbilical stump snap down--

Fits to about 14 pounds.

cut apart carrot

cut apart carrot

That turned out really good!!!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Default Home Made Cloth Diaper!

Outer layers are made of a fleece baby blanket Orion didn't have any love for anymore. Inner padding is 2 centers of the prefold diapers. Sewn in, of course! I don't have materials specifically right now but I wanted to run a trial run to see if I could do it. ITS REALLY EASY!!! First, my sewing machine had some soda drippings on it because either O or my DH threw a coke can in my craft box and it got on my machine. Anyway, had to take it apart and clean it. THEN, I had to take it apart because a big thread tangle happened inside. Mind you, my machine is a small portable one, not the "real thing". Its only got 8 stitch options, lol! Anyway, that along with several other issues caused it to take like 3 1/2 hours to make, but I think I could make it in 1 1/2 hours if I solely dedicated my time to it. Probably even less time! Pictures included!

Orion's puppy is wearing it, and as you can see its a little big on the puppy, but it should fit O perfectly. I'll get pics of O in it in the morning! Its 2:30 am right now so I'm not going to wake him up, lol!

I'm proud!!! I'm thinking on getting some actual materials to make some for Orion so I can have an even bigger stash!! its really fun!!

More dipe!!

Is that regular fleece on the inside? thats cute

cute diapers!!

Is that regular fleece on the inside? thats cute
    Thanks! Yep, its really thin regular fleece. It seems to let the pee soak right through to the core and it still feels dry after being wet on, which is beneficial for Orion because he takes his diaper off when it feels wet, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post
    cute diapers!!
    Thank you!

Im not sure I posted a pic of these on here after I bound off...I didnt go for pants. so they are long shorts

just washed them, so they are drying. Once dry, I'll put them on him for a picture

Oh wow! Those are so cute! I used to knit, but hadn't in a really long time. After seeing the thread the other day about the Squeakin' Cheeks, I downloaded the pattern. Is that the pattern you used?

I've started a wash cloth just to make sure I remember how to do everything before I invest in good yarn. Besides, I'm having a summer babe in the south, so it will be awhile before wool pants are useful!

No, it was the wonder pants pattern. And actually, from what Ive been told by numerous moms that use wool, its good for any time of the year! Just make shorts

mommajess Guest

I have kind of an OT question. But for all the knitters in here: Do any of you ever knit socks?