Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made! Thread...

Oooh ... so could you make bags to take your warm dishes to potlucks?

Quote Originally Posted by christineestelle View Post
    Oooh ... so could you make bags to take your warm dishes to potlucks?
    I imagine so! It worked to keep things cool. I had like 1/3 of a gallon ziplock with ice and while it was melting, there was still ice a few hours later.

those are cute. I haven't hemmed the ones I made just in case her legs grow before it gets cool out.

I cut them so I only have like 1/2" to hem lol sometimes I dont hem them..I get lazy

Very cute!! I have the same money fleece fabric that I am going to make a soaker out of

yea, he'll get a soaker too I think lol I made the camo pants and he brought me the monkey..I asked if he wanted pants and he yes LOL

I think I figured out why he likes the fabric store..he picks fabric and I make him something out of it lol

you guys rock! V I want some of the halloween bags but i have to wait until I get my pp acct sorted out.
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Ok Alison Just let me know! I'll be offering them for awhile!

Heres a diaper I made.....let me go on record to say I hate ripping out zig zag stitch.....I modified this a little and my insert fits fine...grand flannel inner, PUL, and thermal cotton knit

Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

I hate ripping it out too, which is why I rarely use it I actually hate ripping out ANY stitching. but...I prefer it to ripping out serging...that REALLY bites

Looks really nice.

Yeah ... ripping out zig-zag sucks!!!

Im annoyed. I made these for Nathan but totally spaced using the xlarge size, since this fabric doesnt stretch. They dont fit him They would probably fit around 12 months or so? *sigh*

stitch markers

so much cooler than my little pieces of yarn that i use.

so much cooler than my little pieces of yarn that i use.
    They are easy too LOL You should totally make some.

I made a bow holder for Adyson... I was goingto just hang the ribbon off the letters, but I wasn't sure the glue was strong enough, so we put it on a "plaque" and I think it still turned out cute!!

Thats so cute!

I finally have some things to post!
    I started this sweater 1 week before Agnes came and finished Friday night!

So Saturday morning I made my first diaper:

It's WAY too small. It fit a Cabbage Patch doll pretty well and maybe someday it will fit a newborn, but I should have at least made my first gender neutral.

So I made my second gender netural:

I'm off to try it on Agnes now!

I apologize for the low-quality pictures. I used the webcam.

ETA--tried it on. It's too wide between the legs and not long enough to cover everything. Back to the drawing board!
    Last edited by wingsmith; 08-29-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Cathy, Mommy to Genevieve and Agnes

Love the sweater!!! I am jealous of the diapers... I amjust gonna have to tackle it soon!!! I wanna make them sooooooooooo bad!!

First of all I would like to thank a few people for making these soakers possible...my daughters for going to sleep early tonight...and Virginia for making such a GOOD video!
    Far from perfect and Santana did wake up as I was getting through so I got to try them on her and I guess I need a large

Me&DH 9/15/2007 Santana 11/16/2008 Marisol 3/23/2010

A peasant shirt I made on a whim. No pattern, no directions. Not perfect but good first attempt. And a 3-6 month skirt that used to be pants with an insert from a pair of Aidens jeans that became shorts. And I didn't alter the waist at all. She's that skinny. Its longer than I expected so I might alter it by taking the waist out and putting in a new one that would make it wider. And I didn't fold over the hem. I just did a straight stitch around it so it can fray a bit in the wash. I might give it to my niece whose 4 months younger than lily.

Last edited by karen208; 08-30-2010 at 08:34 AM.

I love peasant tops on little girls. So sweet. Of course Lily and Nathan are so sweet in front of the cameras!
    Amanda(24) DH(36)

wanna know how I got him to smile? I said: Say..monkey butts!

Hey V could you make something like this?

Not really worried about the embroidery, although I'd love an appilque
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Thats cute!! I havent done a shirt like that before, though I was looking at a tutorial for one the other day. Oh and if we get a nice return like last year, I'll have an embroidery machine come spring

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    Thats cute!! I havent done a shirt like that before, though I was looking at a tutorial for one the other day. Oh and if we get a nice return like last year, I'll have an embroidery machine come spring
    I love a tax return. Gotta stop getting divorced and selling stocks for that to happen though. Hopefully having another kid will help.

so I didn't get to sew this weekend. But I did get to trace out and cut out more flannel for the inner piece of my diapers. I am about 3 yards shy to make all the diapers I cut out before. But I have time. I'll build up what I have and go from there.

So question for you creative types with young boys. What kind of hat to 4 y/o boys like? there's a boy at church just diagnosed with brain cancer and I'd like to make him a hat.

Karen, I really like the peasant top. Its super cute

I love a tax return. Gotta stop getting divorced and selling stocks for that to happen though. Hopefully having another kid will help.

so I didn't get to sew this weekend. But I did get to trace out and cut out more flannel for the inner piece of my diapers. I am about 3 yards shy to make all the diapers I cut out before. But I have time. I'll build up what I have and go from there.

So question for you creative types with young boys. What kind of hat to 4 y/o boys like? there's a boy at church just diagnosed with brain cancer and I'd like to make him a hat.
    Mine likes baseball caps.