Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Nicholas

Happy Birthday little angel

2/09 6/09 4/14

Thanks again everyone

I just read what I wrote in my original post and maybe I shouldn't have done that - I can't stop crying now . Of course the sadness is always there anyway and I'm a mess with the anniversary of Tyler's death coming up on Monday . Being pregnant and having fears of losing another child certainly doesn't help my mental state either. I can't believe it's been 2 years already since we had to say goodbye to our precious boy and all I can say is it still hurts so much...

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

I just read your first post as well. Somehow, I don't think I had ever read it. I had never known what happened and didn't know how to ask. I am so sorry. No mother should ever have to go through that. I just wanted to give you a hug and cry with you after reading that. He is a beautiful boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I just read your first post as well. Somehow, I don't think I had ever read it. I had never known what happened and didn't know how to ask. I am so sorry. No mother should ever have to go through that. I just wanted to give you a hug and cry with you after reading that. He is a beautiful boy.
    Thanks much.

I understand your hesitancy to ask but I truly love telling Tyler's story - it upsets me more when people don't mention him than when they do ask about him. I love talking about my precious boy .

I just saw the next picture in your siggy next to Abbie...is that Tyler? It's a nice picture. My thoughts are with you this month. I know it has to be tough!
    Dee Dee, Mom to 2 handsome young men & 2 beautiful girls!

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom34 View Post
    I just saw the next picture in your siggy next to Abbie...is that Tyler? It's a nice picture. My thoughts are with you this month. I know it has to be tough!
    Thank you.

Yes that picture in my signature is from the first time Abbie met Tyler - it was when he got out of the NICU when he was 8 days old. She wasn't allowed back in the NICU so she couldn't meet him until we were bringing him home. They made us carry Tyler out of the NICU in the carseat b/c of security concerns so that's why he's in the carseat.

I keep thinking about you and your precious Tyler this month, especially in the past week or two. mama.

**Lizzo**

Thinking of you all today. Love & hugs.

Thanks again everyone.

I can't believe it's been 2 years now since I held my precious boy in my arms as he passed away - time flies even when you're not always having fun .

Thinking about you AND remembering Tyler today!!!

Huge hugs, Erica! you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts today.
    Love my boys!!

2/09 6/09 4/14

Thinking about you and Tyler today.

Thanks everyone - all your support is much appreciated.

Brittany, mommy to Boo and Bean, and Bear makes three!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuuriki View Post
    Thanks

Glad to see this thread is still here. Thinking a lot about Tyler since the birth of Natalie.

Erica! I hope Natalie is gaining weight and all of you are doing well!
    Love my boys!!

Thinking of you a lot lately (as always) my sweet boy. I miss you so much and I wish you were here to grow up with both your sisters. I hate that Natalie never got to meet you

Dee Dee, Mom to 2 handsome young men & 2 beautiful girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmom34 View Post
    Thanks

So I am getting so much joy from Natalie now and love having her in our lives. But it's also a bit hard as it reminds me all the more of Tyler. I miss him so much and keep thinking about what life would be like now if he hadn't died...
    Last edited by Marquette Fan; 06-29-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette Fan View Post
    So I am getting so much joy from Natalie now and love having her in our lives. But it's also a bit hard as it reminds me all the more of Tyler. I miss him so much and keep thinking about what life would be like now if he hadn't died...

I can relate Erica. I find myself wondering what life would be like with a 3 year old and a 9 month old. Lots of love to you

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    Thanks Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    I can relate Erica. I find myself wondering what life would be like with a 3 year old and a 9 month old. Lots of love to you
    Thanks Janelle. to you also.

I find myself not being able to ask how old some boys are who I suspect are around the age my Tyler would have been - I just don't really want to know. And today shopping I swear I kept seeing shirts about brothers too...

Less than 2 weeks until your 3rd Birthday my precious boy - I can't believe it's already been 3 years . I do at least have an easier time with his Birthday than the anniversary of his death. Abbie enjoys making a cake for him and we're going to do that again. And DH and I are both taking 1/2 day off work on his bday so we can pick up Abbie right from school to go straight to the Cemetary to drop off a Happy Birthday balloon and flowers before it gets too dark.

I had the girls at a play place yesterday and I heard a Mom making a comment about her cranky boy and how he was turning 3 next week - I was a little sad as I realized this boy was pretty much the age Tyler would have been.

I just Abbie and her innocent attitude about all this. She isn't afraid to mention that her brother died and doesn't worry if people will feel uncomfortable when she talks about it. We went out to dinner last night and had to wait awhile. Abbie ended up talking quite a bit with a 3.5 year old girl and her mom and gma. We had talked about tyler's upcoming bday recently and all the sudden abbie is talking about her brother's birthday and saying matter of factly 'he died' - I almost burst out laughing actually but managed to smile.

I can't believe it has almost been three years either.

I am so glad that Abbie feels so comfortable and is so open about her brother. I hope that Grayson can be that way some day about my Tyler.

I have to agree that the birthday is always a little easier for me too than the angel day. I think because there is joy associated with that day and it isn't as painful to remember the details of the day as it is with the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    I can't believe it has almost been three years either.

I am so glad that Abbie feels so comfortable and is so open about her brother. I hope that Grayson can be that way some day about my Tyler.

I have to agree that the birthday is always a little easier for me too than the angel day. I think because there is joy associated with that day and it isn't as painful to remember the details of the day as it is with the other one.
    Thanks Janelle.

I have friends who did big celebrations for the 'angelversary' but I just can't bring myself to do that - all I feel is complete sadness associated with that day and can't bring myself to celebrate at all.

It will be interesting to see how Natalie ends up talking about Tyler - I expect it to be different than how Abbie does as Abbie did actually meet him while Natalie obviously did not.