Thread: What is happening

Default What is happening

on the 6th i went and say the gnyo/obygn and he put me on some Proveria and said take it for three weeks or until you start bleeding so a week later i start bleeding again thinking it is my period this time well i have been bleeding since than and last night and on and off all day i have what fills like contractions of the cervix or something. it hurts so bad that i have to put a hot pack on my lower tummy and breath through what ever is going on,i do fill a bit nauseated on and off when they stop and before they start back up the doctors have not given me an Ultra sound to see if there is any retained tissue left or what to see what is going on Has anyone Ever Experienced this 4 months after a miscarriage Also it hurts when i sit on the toilet to go potty.
    Last edited by Elarra; 11-18-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Update the pain is way less At this time if it comes back tomrrow i will call the dr

Blog Entries

So you have been bleeding for five days this time? My periods are normally awful and I have severe cramping from the uterus downward and it hurts to go to the bathroom, too. Maybe this is just a really bad period that will stop all the craziness that has been going on for you.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I got some left over tissue Coming out Hopefully the bleeding will be done in a day or two

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Probably 75% of my periods have tissue in them. Clots, heavy bleeding, aching in my vagina so bad I don't want to stand. Just wanted to let you know that tissue doesn't equal retained tissue from a very early miscarriage four months ago. It's not even standard to do an ultrasound after an early miscarriage to check for retained tissue.

I hope you feel better soon.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I think the bleeding is trying to end it Goes from bleeding to almost gone than back to bleeding I hope and pray that my system is Back to normal or next months cycle

Really hoping your cycles even out for you ! This has been such a long frustrating road for you for sure !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Yes it has been A super duper long road It is a Mind boggling struggle to have funky bleeding for sooooo long

Well i let the bleeding Go from the to the 20th cause the doctor said to stop taking the proveria if i started bleeding again so on the 20th i started taking the proveria again and i woke up this morning and i was bleeding again. wither my body needs a higher dose or the medication is not working. I am going to call the doctors office on Monday and find out what to do.
    I am a lot worried that they might tell me i need a historectamy to get the bleeding to stop i hope this is not the case cause i Really want to have kids.
    I just don't like that my body keeps bleeding for so long and trying to get them to do an ultra sound to find out whats going on is like finding a needle in a haystack. since the medication is not working than i am just going to stop taking it since it has not stopping the bleeding all the way it will stop it for a few days to a week and than it stops working. I am wondering if stress is keeping it screwy because my feionce and i took in my friend and his friend and they are making it stressful.

There are lots of things you can try before you get to the point of hysterectomy unless you have a life-threatening hemorrhage !

Generally, a course of Provera is only 10 days (no idea why your dr said 3wks??). It works by building up your lining and then when you stop it after the 10 days you will start a period within 2wks.

I think you should stop taking it. The bleeding is normal for up to 2wks so unless you are hemmorhaging (soaking more than 1 regular-sized pad front to back and side to side) then the bleeding is within acceptable limits. If you are still bleeding after 2wks you can do another 10 day course of Provera or do 3wks of birth control.

With a negative beta it's unlikely you have retained tissue but I know the bleeding has been abnormal for you which is so frustrating . Honestly, I'd probably just do 1-3 months of birth control...get through the holidays and let things calm down a bit after your loss and with your living situation then give it a fresh start early in the new year .

I had unresolved bleeding for months after several recurrent losses, opted for 6months of bc because I was becoming anemic, and got pg my first cycle off the bc...dd is now 6yrs old. It happened again 3yrs later: recurrent losses, unresolved bleeding with anemia, 6months bc, and a successful pg my first cycle off it .

It may not be the recipe for success for you but it should help regulate the bleeding. My personal opinion is that the safest medical routes are continuing to do Provera for 10 days every 2wks for several months (you will most likely ovulate with it so just know pg is a possibility) or you could do a month or two or three of bc to help reset your cycle.

You can request a d&c but it is surgery and comes with all those risks, at this point (with a negative beta), I would save it as a last resort. Although it's not unrealistic to request an u/s. Are you having any pain with the bleeding?

I'm just so sorry this is still going on !!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 11-24-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: sp and paragraphs

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Probably 75% of my periods have tissue in them. Clots, heavy bleeding, aching in my vagina so bad I don't want to stand. Just wanted to let you know that tissue doesn't equal retained tissue from a very early miscarriage four months ago. It's not even standard to do an ultrasound after an early miscarriage to check for retained tissue.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Same here, large clots & tissues every cycle, cramps as bad or worse than any contractions that registered before I went to c /s.

Hope you find some answers you're satisfied with & the doctors are able to help further.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Just checking in on you . How are you doing?

Thinking of you ♥