Thread: Anterior Placenta Q

Default Anterior Placenta Q

My placenta is anterior and I wanted to know if I need to take extra precautions because of it? My DS likes to jump around and I have a toddler who has no idea what the meaning of "baby in mommy's tummy" is. I also do a lot of bending and twisting at my desk, and I'm just so afraid my placenta will tear or something. Is that something I need to worry about? Or is it life as normal (as if my placenta was where it's always been the last 3 pregnancies)?
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

I had an anterior placenta with my last pregnancy and I was not given any special rules. I would be more careful though since your placenta is in the front.

Nope. My placenta has been anterior with both pregnancies. It really doesn't mean much other than it can usually take a little long for you to feel babys movements.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I had an anterior placenta with Paige and Jude and I am assuming I do this time too since I still have not felt a thing at almost 16 weeks (although with Jude I felt him early even though it was anterior... Guess he was a hard kicker!). I have never been told to be extra careful or anything. In fact with Jude I lived up on top of a hill up, three long flights of stairs and had no car so walked everywhere... Usually wearing Paige who was 2, or pushing Paige in a stroller while carrying a hiking backpack full if groceries or laundry... So I was far from taking it easy and was still all good.

I was told it didn't change anything other than how much I felt baby move.
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Nope. My placenta has been anterior with both pregnancies. It really doesn't mean much other than it can usually take a little long for you to feel babys movements.
    This. I had one with my last pregnancy and did not know it until almost the end because they didn't tell me. Sure explained why it took me longer to feel real movement and never did feel it as much as I did with my first.

Whew!! Thanks everyone I'm finally feeling daily movement and dh can feel her now too. I love it. Took long enough though

Like the others have said, no special precautions necessary! I had an anterior placenta with my 3rd and I did feel her later. It was a minor problem during my c/s because the ob nicked the placenta with the scalpel and I bled a lot. It was expected though and we were prepared for it. Still a weird sensation to hear your heart rate dropping and feel yourself slowly fading! I didn't pass out though and all was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    Like the others have said, no special precautions necessary! I had an anterior placenta with my 3rd and I did feel her later. It was a minor problem during my c/s because the ob nicked the placenta with the scalpel and I bled a lot. It was expected though and we were prepared for it. Still a weird sensation to hear your heart rate dropping and feel yourself slowly fading! I didn't pass out though and all was fine.
    That is so scary!!!! I can't even imagine that happening. I'm just so afraid that ill stretch wrong or hit something against my stomach and bleed out before I can reach the hospital. The hospital that's closest to me is a joke. They are awful so I'm driving an hour and a half to the better hospital.