Thread: Recipes

Default Recipes

I know there are probably recipes and ideas posted all around in this area, but can we make a sticky so they are all together? I need ideas!

I found this recipe and made it this morning. They turned out pretty good. I read the reviews and substituted the applesauce for a banana and the brown sugar with honey.

I got this one from a friend yesterday. I haven't tried it yet.

Carrot Cake Protein Bars

2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1 cup oat flour or oat bran
    2 tsp cinnamon
    tsp baking soda
    tsp salt
    tsp nutmeg
    cup splenda (or use Truvia or Stevia if you don’t want artificial)
    1 cup dry oats
    cup fat free ricotta cheese
    2 4-oz jars of baby food carrots
    3 egg whites

Pre-heat oven to 350.
    Mix Dry ingredients together and stir in wet ingredients.
    Spread into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 25-30 mins.
    (Closer to 30 min, I find).
    Cut into 16 small squares. 1 serving = 2 squares.

Thx for posting that Nicole. We have a huge jar of vanilla protein powder that is N-A-S-T-Y. Maybe this will be a palatable use for it!

I made this for breakfast this morning and it turned out so good and only 3 points! You must try!

3 hard boiled egg whites (whites only) - 1 Point
    Diced Tomatoes - 0 Points
    Green Onions - 0 Points
    Salt and Pepper - 0 Points
    1 Teaspoon Olive Oil - 1 Point
    1 Sandwhich thin - 1 Point

Mix all ingrediants except the bread. Eat with bread.

SO GOOD!

Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

Soooo good!! Off the WW website. 6 points

PENNE SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS

1 spray(s) cooking spray
    2 medium green pepper(s), cut into thin strips
    1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
    1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
    1 cup(s) mushroom(s), sliced
    1 pound(s) raw turkey sausage, spicy-Italian flavor
    1/8 tsp dried oregano, crushed
    1/4 tsp table salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes
    3 cup(s) cooked whole wheat pasta, penne, kept hot
    6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

*Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, garlic, onion and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until almost tender, about 7 to 8 minutes.

Remove turkey from casings; add turkey to skillet and brown until no longer pink, stirring occasionally, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 6 minutes. Add oregano, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes; stir in tomatoes. Simmer until heated through and to allow flavors to blend, about 5 minutes.

Spoon penne into a deep serving bowl; top with sausage mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
    Last edited by cynleigh99; 01-06-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Cyndi(29) Greg(29)
    Visit my Scentsy page for ALL your Scent needs! Ask me for my specials!
    Https://scentycyndi.scentsy.us

smithdsouza Guest

You explained here a very healthy and easiest recipe for the breakfast.As it will not take much time so it will be convenient for a working woman to prepare and can have change from usual breakfasts.

I made this last night and it was really good. 200 calories is appx. The calorie count can/will change depending on what you put on top of your pizza, but 200 is a base (and probably even less if you only use cheese and sauce).

1 - Light Italian Herb Flat Out Wrap
    1 - Tablespoon (or so) pizza sauce (I used homemade pizza sauce)
    1/4 Cup 2% shredded mozz cheese
    Onions
    Spinach
    Black Olives
    Mushrooms
    Cooking spray

Spray cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray and place the wrap on the sheet. Bake in the oven on 350 for 7 minutes.
    Remove your crust from oven
    Top with all of your toppings of choice
    Stick it back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until your cheese is melted

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillismom View Post
    I made this last night and it was really good. 200 calories is appx. The calorie count can/will change depending on what you put on top of your pizza, but 200 is a base (and probably even less if you only use cheese and sauce).

1 - Light Italian Herb Flat Out Wrap
    1 - Tablespoon (or so) pizza sauce (I used homemade pizza sauce)
    1/4 Cup 2% shredded mozz cheese
    Onions
    Spinach
    Black Olives
    Mushrooms
    Cooking spray

Spray cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray and place the wrap on the sheet. Bake in the oven on 350 for 7 minutes.
    Remove your crust from oven
    Top with all of your toppings of choice
    Stick it back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until your cheese is melted

Enjoy!

I tried this receipe without the toppings it was very good. thanks

Can we see about posting some more WW recipes on here? I am in need of some. Thanks in advance.

I made this last week and i'm now getting around to posting it. Typically during the week I have the same breakfast most days, but on weekends I like to experiment. Last weekend I made this and it turned out really good. You can add or take out most of these ingredients depending on your taste. I'll just post what I made for an idea.

1 Light Italian Flat Out Wrap
    1 Tablespoon Picante Sauce
    2 Egg Whites, Scrambled
    2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links Heated, sliced
    2% Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    Sliced Tomatoes
    Sliced Onions
    Cooking Spray

Spray cookie sheet with zero call cooking spray and place wrap on sheet and stick in the oven for 7 minutes. This makes sure the bread is crispy for your crust.

Take wrap out, spread some picante sauce on the bottom, add your cooked eggs, sausage, cheese, and onions. Stick the pizza in the oven for a good 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Take out of the oven and top with tomatoes.

Enjoy!

I think it was around 275 calories for the entire pizza, which is a generous serving!

Cool Lina, thanks!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Crab-Cr...er/Detail.aspx
    This is fantastic - I cut the butter to 1 tbsp and use low fat cheese. It's healthy & so filling.

peteredge Guest

Meat Loaf is a great child care meals, because it does not need to be cut, easy to eat. This is a quick and easy recipes to make your child will require seconds!

This is one of my favorite WW recipes. It is so good and SO easy! It is from the WW Comfort Classics Cookbook (which by the way is FABULOUS)

Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings (Serves 4)

2 tsp. olive oil
    3 celery stalks, chopped
    2 carrots, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/4 tsp. dried thyme
    1 bay leaf
    1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
    1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
    4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. black pepper
    up to 1 c. water

Per Serving- (1 1/2 c. chicken mixture and 3 dumplings): 269 Cal, 5g Fat, 1g Sat Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 43 mg Chol, 937 mg Sod, 32g Carb, 3g Fiber, 23g Protein, 103mg Calc. Weight Watchers PointsPlus value =7

1.) Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, and thyme; cook, stirring occassionally, until the vegetables are softened, 5-6 minutes. Add the chicken, broth, and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 20-25 minutes. Stir in the parsley

2.) Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir the water into the flour mixture just until moistened. Drop the dough, by rounded teaspoonfuls, onto the simmering stew, making 12 dumplings. Cover and simmer until the dumplings have doubled in size and are cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.

FILLING EXTRA: Add 1 cup frozen cut green beans during the last 10 minutes of cooking in step 1.
    (I personally leave out the carrots and add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables - corn, green beans, carrots, peas during this step)

Enjoy
    Last edited by SDMomma; 03-16-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Shelly (33) & DH (34)

something quick and easy that I eat from time to time and it keeps you feeling full for most of the morning

2 hard boiled eggs (whites only)
    half an avocado
    1 tsp coarse salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 tbsp olive oil

dice eggs and avocado add olive oil, salt, and pepper mix together

]