Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Default Moderators

Hello Ladies,

The moderators are members of the boards and they are volunteers giving of their time. Being a forum member is their first hat. They are part of the forums looking for and providing support, care, etc.

Their moderating duties are second. The goal of the moderators is to help ensure a place that is safe with the primary objective being to delete spammers, pervs, trolls and outright distasteful posts. I know that each of you has witnessed the invasion of these boards by such posters.

The moderators chase these posters around, deleting and editing the trash and they do so as VOLUNTEERS. When differences of opinions develop in threads that appear to be getting heated, the moderators seek to steer it in the right direction, but sometimes that proves unsuccessful and the thread ends up edited/deleted.

The moderators are members and sometimes their member hat betters their moderating hat. They don't want that nor does APA, but it happens. But their volunteer investment in chasing trolls, spammers and protecting the boards outweighs these occasional mishaps. As a member you are welcome to report any circumstances done by a moderator to the APA President through PM.

As part of their responsibilities, moderators will potentially send you PMs using the track PM feature. All users are required to accept any PM from a moderator and acknowledge receipt of that PM.

The forums need member moderators and APA is grateful that we have those that we do. Additional moderators will be added with the intent of making the boards a better and safer place to be.

I have tried several times to add a ticker from lilypie and the bump but I keep getting back invalid file. I am following instructions to the letter but, its not allowing me to have ticker. Can someone tell me why?
    Matthew & Nicholas born on May 5, 2009.

Which code are you using?

Madison Elizabeth 3/12/06
    Eden Grace 11/9/07

The code I am using on Thebump.com and Lilypie.com is:

The Pseudo HTML, UBBCode and BBCode.
    Used on message boards that don't allow HTML
    Last edited by francesmcruz; 10-10-2008 at 06:33 AM.

Default Curious about labels under our names...

Hi, am fairly new to here...and see labels under all our names, like new member...frequent member (that's mine)...moderator, etc...

Some are obvious as to how they are labeled...but I am curious as to the breakdown of how people get from new member to frequent member to all the rest. Is there a place to see all the labels and how they are assigned?
    [IMG][/IMG]

http://Xmas pic.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by surpriseat45 View Post
    Hi, am fairly new to here...and see labels under all our names, like new member...frequent member (that's mine)...moderator, etc...

Some are obvious as to how they are labeled...but I am curious as to the breakdown of how people get from new member to frequent member to all the rest. Is there a place to see all the labels and how they are assigned?
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...ad.php?t=18246

Quote Originally Posted by carriek View Post
    Perfect...thanks!
    [IMG][/IMG]

http://Xmas pic.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by francesmcruz View Post
    The code I am using on Thebump.com and Lilypie.com is:

The Pseudo HTML, UBBCode and BBCode.
    Used on message boards that don't allow HTML
    i am having the same problem it is driving me nuts

Try adding [IMG] to the beginning of the code and [/IMG] to the end of the code.

Madison Elizabeth 3/12/06
    Eden Grace 11/9/07

bump
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

Just testing out my signature....

Sara(31), Chris(31), DS Jackson, & DD Becca

I am having a problem. When I try to edit my profile or signature it gives me this...

"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."

---------------------------------
    Never mind I figured it out!!!
    Last edited by mjd; 03-11-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    MJ(29) - DH(34) - Married 6 Years - Angel Babies 6/13, 10/13

Quote Originally Posted by mjd View Post
    I am having a problem. When I try to edit my profile or signature it gives me this...

"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."

Never mind I figured it out!!!
    You need to click on the link in your user cp on the top left hand side that says edit signature. Just clicking user cp won't take you there.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

How do I become a moderator????????
    Me-Tiffany(28) DH-Chris(28), DD-Alexandria(11), DS-Clayton(9) &
    DS-Benjamin born 1/07/10 6:18am 8lbs 4oz 20in

Quote Originally Posted by tiffs_passion View Post
    How do I become a moderator????????
    Longstanding members of the board may be asked to be moderators. It's a prestigious position!

16. Default

Howdy!

I am somehow marked as "under 13" even though I am 28. I have placed a request to get my status moved to "over 13" with no reply yet. Is there someone specific I should email to get my status changed?

Thanks!

try sending a PM to "Admin" we're having some issues with a few new accounts and it looks like you're one of them. It's being worked on, so hang in there, and welcome to APA!

Trying to save a signature but it disappears everytime I save it!

nevermind
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 07-14-2010 at 06:16 PM.
    Steph32&DH27and DD born 8\11\2011angelbaby 11-06-09 TTC for 1 year 11 months!!! 12/13/20101st180

I tried posting and it will not let me

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by jacob1 View Post
    I tried posting and it will not let me
    New users' posts with links in them are automatically set aside for moderation to minimize spam. I saw the post you are referring to, and can put it in the thread.

lydia, i am deciding what pic of the girls to put in my siggy..... please explain to me how to make it centered like yours!!! mine keeps going all the way to the left.
    Personal space is overrated.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

When you go into USER CP and Edit Signature, you can either bracket the word CENTER with the following brackets [] and then [/CENTER] around your signature line and picture, or highlight everything you want centered and click on the Center option right next to the bold, underline, italic options.

thank you! now when i get around to it i will know what to do
    Personal space is overrated.

Not the best thread to spam....

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfAnOnly View Post
    Not the best thread to spam....
    Darn spammers!

Lauren (29) Wife of 10 years to J.R.(30) Mom to Bayleigh (8) & Jack (3)

27. Default

Hi There-

I registered a few days ago, but when I post on the forums it says guest under my post and under number of posts it says n/a. Is there something else I should do so I don't show up as a guest?

Thanks for your help!

Allison

Hi Allison! Unfortunately, you're going to have to register again (using another email address) and make sure you pick a legit birthday when you go through the process (date and year showing you're old enough to use the site). It's a hassle, but unfortunately so far it's the only way around this bug. Let me know if you have any questions! And post again here once you get it to all work out the right way so we know it worked for you.

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by swannie View Post
    Hi Allison! Unfortunately, you're going to have to register again (using another email address) and make sure you pick a legit birthday when you go through the process (date and year showing you're old enough to use the site). It's a hassle, but unfortunately so far it's the only way around this bug. Let me know if you have any questions! And post again here once you get it to all work out the right way so we know it worked for you.
    Testing to see if it's fixed. Thanks for the help.

definitely fixed