Page 998 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 4988989489889969979989991000100810481098 ... LastLast
Results 29,911 to 29,940 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh dude. I'd be livid.

Molly, that's horrible. I'd be furious, too.

I am once again just completely PO'd at work. As I have mentioned before, each time we do an evaluation we have to do a file review and prepare the appropriate paperwork, which often takes 45 minutes or so. I did my review for tomorrow and was in the middle of writing one of my reports (which I brought home because it isn't finished). At the end of the day, I got an email from the front office. The temp receptionist called to confirm the appointment for tomorrow (the one I spent the better part of an hour writing the review for) and the mother got angry, saying her appointment was for a different day - a day I have another child scheduled for. So, she switched them and told the Thursday parent to come tomorrow. Of course, I have no review done for the Thursday-now-tomorrow kid. And who does the burden of this fall on? We have to work late to do the review because of their incompetence. Seriously, if the lady doesn't want to come tomorrow at the time we had reserved, she has to schedule an appointment in an open appointment slot. Don't switch with someone else and give me no warning. I don't start my evaluation blind!

Words fail me at expressing how much this crap annoys me. We are ALWAYS the ones to bear the brunt of this. There is no repercussion on the office staff at all.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Oh Molly Can you ask your dr what the repercussions could be and if there are tests available? I'd make a complaint about something like that. That is serious incompetence!

Mandy, again I'm at a loss as to your administrative staff's stupidity. I don't get why they're not held accountable. There should be pretty strict guidelines on that stuff. It's clear you cannot fully prepare in such a short amount of time. Expecting you to work late at night on last minute's notice is rude. I wish you had an existing, successful private practice.

I'm home safe & sound...but man what a long day. I left the city late and got tangled in Manhattan traffic. I made it down in 3.5 hours, but going home took 5 hours! I did stop at a diner for lunch, but that doesn't account for an hour and a half. In the last hour of my drive, I got pulled over because my brake light was out. Just my luck, a state trooper was following me when I had to slow down from 65 to 55. Ironically, if he wasn't there I would have just coasted down, but because I saw him I wanted to make sure I was at 55 when I was even with the sign. He didn't give me a ticket though.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    My kids getting bullied is probably one of my worst fears. Kai is really short. Savana is really, shall me say, quirky. I just hope their other characteristics and qualities will overshadow the rest.
    Because of what I see happening with the kids at my job I am worried too. It's one thing to hear about it but another to see it in action I know those kids are abnormally relentless but teenagers in general can be vicious. I especially worry about him going to K next year and being around much bigger kids at lunch and whenever else, without me to back him up.

I don't see any faults that Josh could possibly be picked on so far (physically or otherwise) but I think I'm biased ;)

Someone tell me I'm crazy to worry about this - DH's truck is big and heavy and vibrates a lot when we drive it (it's a 1-ton pickup). We have a gap between the concrete in our driveway and the road just next to it, so every time I drive in and out of the driveway there is a big jerking movement. I worry that it would shake my uterus badly enough to prevent a baby from implanting. I'm crazy, right? That can't happen?

Mandy, you're FINE. Don't worry about it.

When do you test?

Not for another week.

I was afraid you'd say that. I don't know how you do it. I've been counting down the days and getting anxious.

Denial, mostly. Hunger Games and the Mad Men premier helped. Also fits of rage at the office staff. All a nice distraction.

Thank goodness you have incompetent schedulers! Why don't all you SLPs protest en masse?

They've carefully avoided having any staff meetings this year. Not kidding - we had one meeting at the very beginning of the school year and haven't had one since. I don't think they like being in a room with all of us together.

Mandy...real life isn't a soap opera (which in case you never watched, any slight jiggle or tumble can cause an issue). Reality is that it's VERY sound and cushy in there and I would only be concerned if it was something like a major direct hit to the abdomen.

Molly I would be livid also. This is the kind of thing that a complaint needs to be filed.

Looks wise, I have to admit i worried a bit that we might get an ugly baby (because of course I assumed that a bio one of ours would be cute...kind of vain huh?). DH is the one that assured me that it would be ok and we would have just as much love. He said that the less cute kids need loving parents too.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer, if it's any consolation, the adopted children I see at work are every bit as cute as the non-adopted ones. Of course, the baby you adopt won't be as cute as you are, but it'll still be cute ;)

My niece emailed a link to this. I thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Denial, mostly. Hunger Games and the Mad Men premier helped. Also fits of rage at the office staff. All a nice distraction.

They've carefully avoided having any staff meetings this year. Not kidding - we had one meeting at the very beginning of the school year and haven't had one since. I don't think they like being in a room with all of us together.
    Oh my goodness!

My niece emailed a link to this. I thought it was funny.
    Love it!!

Mandy, I know your office provides a completely different set of services, but it reminds me a lot of my mental health/alcohol & drug clinic that I worked at (at loved). We met with the supervising therapist (who was awesome) at least once a month and more frequently if something came up. We, as the staff, definitely felt like we were part of something and that our work mattered. In fact, the therapists often said they couldn't do our job without us. I liked that and I really liked being a part of a cohesive team. I just cannot fathom not wanting to make my coworker's jobs as easy as possible...and that meant I couldn't be lazy, selfish, or clueless. All it would take would be one time for me to accidentally schedule someone too soon for a therapist to do their job properly (it actually would have most likely be the psychologist actually) and I would have been the one calling to reschedule that appointment and I wouldn't have done it again. I certainly wouldn't have acted like a sh!t about it either...either I wouldn't have realized the work involved in an assessment, or I would have made an honest mistake. Both possible, but nothing to get pissy about.

I wish I could be your staff. I actually loved that work a lot, especially since it was in an area that mattered to people.

Jennifer, if it's any consolation, the adopted children I see at work are every bit as cute as the non-adopted ones. Of course, the baby you adopt won't be as cute as you are, but it'll still be cute ;)
    LOL It did take a bit for me to let go of the looks thing. I mean for so many years...DH and I have been together 14 years...so probably about 12 years of picturing in my head what our kid would look like. And of course it was always a combo of our best features.

But yeah I am sure that anything that is mine I will think is cute. I remember being told Cosmo was goofy looking but I didn't believe it and thought she was just the cutest little dog ever. I look back at the pictures from that first year and um yeah she was kind of goofy looking....skinny with long legs and hair that was crazy and sticking up all over the place...once she was a little older and filled out and her coat calmed down, she was a much prettier dog. At the time, I just didn't see it but a few years later...yeah my baby went through an awkward phase!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OK. I have alot to catch up on!! Thats what I get for taking Monday off of work

Just wanted to pop in and say and I'll chat with you ladies in a bit, if I can get through the past 3 days of the thread!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Mylah, we will miss you! I hope you can get some of your projects done. I hate that overwhelmed feeling.

Mandy, you could be doing jumping jacks and your baby would still implant.

Molly, I would be really upset, too. That sounds really awful. I did a quick search on that micro-organism and it sounds like it doesn't have serious effects:
    H. parahaemolyticus apparently may cause pharyngitis, but it is almost always susceptible to penicillin and rarely if ever causes sequelae.
    so I don't know why they called you all in a panic about it, making it sound even worse for you. I would call the office back and ask for the doctor to call you back and say that you are concerned about the lack of communication and you want specifically to know about any problems resulting from the delay of treatment on yourself and any possible ramifications for your baby. I would also ask if they did a culture with sensitivity to test for the appropriate drug to treat it, since the information I quoted above says that it's usually treated with penicillin (ie amoxicillin) and Augmentin contains amoxicillin plus an additional drug. I hope you are able to convey your level of dismay to the doctor while getting your questions answered and some of your worry alleviated.

My twins are supposed to take a favorite book to school to share today. DD picked out Chrysanthemum, a book about a girl who loves her name until she gets to school and the other kids tease her about it. DS picked out Pompeii: Buried Alive.

I don't think there is anything wrong with telling a child they are beautiful as long as you tell them how smart/talented/etc they are just as equally. Nolan is my "handsome little man" my "smart boy" my "chunker"

I'm glad you ladies brought up 'labeing' it really gives me something to think over. I imagine it will take much self-correcting to be sure not to label him by his behavior, but by the circumstance. Thats what parenting is all about right, learning and growing

I have yet to read (or watch) Hunger Games, but I'm really hoping to get to reading to it this summer.

Myles I hope things settle down soon! We'll be right where you left us when you come back

Mandy ONE more week!!!!

Jennifer I'm sure you'll get an adorable baby From my experience the cute ones FAR outweigh the um... no so cute ones

Not that you ladies care, but I'm going to share anyways

It appears that I ovulated... All by myself I'm a little taken a back at the moment by it all and in denial

Oh wow Christina! That's great!! And of course we care!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Oh wow Christina! That's great!! And of course we care!
    Thanks! I know talking about ovaries isn't overly stimulating!!!

You're on a pregnancy board, silly! Of course ovary talk is stimulating to us. Did you decide to actively ttc, or just waiting to see what happens?

DH tried to "jump on" the TTC train last night (literally), but I refused. I don't know what I want to do yet. I just know that I don't want to rush into making a decision. It took 6 years of William telling he wanted to have kids for me to decide I wanted ONE baby!

I tend to over-analyze everything

Christina....well at least YOUR ovaries were stimulated. LOL Definitely not an easy decision though. Any ideas on what your ideal age difference would be? If you want them closer in age and given that there have been issues in the past, I might be inclined to go for it. At this point if it did happen quickly, they would be two years apart or awfully close to 2 years apart.
    I didn't start trying until I was 27 or 28...oh think that I was 27 but turned 28 shortly after. Good timing for us in life but part of will always wonder if we had tried sooner, if it would have happened even though the clinic didn't think age at that time was my problem.
    At this point, I do not plan on using birth control ever again. If after we adopt, we end up pg, DH is getting fixed. If we did end up pg and adoption was on hold, probably will still not use any and again if a second baby came, he's getting fixed. We only want 1-2 kids and most likely will be one and done.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer you kill me

I think thats why hubs is in such a rush, he'll be 30 this year, and he doesn't want to get "too old"

I don't really have an ideal age gap. I suppose there are benefits to them being closer and farther apart.

I think what your planning to do sounds good Jennifer. Putting yourself on BC would be kind of pointless or at least thats how I felt about the situation.

Yay for ovaries!
    AKA Lisa724

Congrats Christina!

Oh and if you do pick up The Hunger Games you'll probably finish it in a day or two.

I had to take the afternoon off. I've been having cold symptoms for a couple days but also very drowsy which is unusual for me. Even with the early wakeup time I'm usually just draggy but I've been falling asleep in the van (after we drop the kids off, not while they're with me)

I made it to the school to get on the van and then I just got one of those terrible cramp attacks where you know you're not going to make it much longer I felt so bad. My boss was calling me before I walked in the door because the driver called to tell her I couldn't make it. I felt so bad that I didn't have any advance warning. I don't know if the driver was able to go without me. I really had to dash home.

I'm sure it's bad enough to have one of those attacks if your systems work normally but with all my issues I pretty much can't be too far from a bathroom for a couple hours. (No I am not in the bathroom right now )

Oh Kate! I'm so sorry.

Yeah, I thought I could avoid this, because I tend to get a sensitive stomach mostly at night, not in the middle of the day like this. I don't know what's going on with me unless it's a stomach bug or it's that time of month