Page 980 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 480880930970978979980981982990103010801480 ... LastLast
Results 29,371 to 29,400 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I felt like such an oddball today at playgroup because all the women are cooing and awing about being broody for more babies and I was like no, i'm good with the 2 I got. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I remember those days! Those little nuances you had to have exactly right that nobody else could duplicate. "Ok first you put him down and keep your hand on him for exactly 10.5 minutes, then you slowly, SLOWLY, lift your hand off him as he is falling asleep. Back away towards the door. There's a creak in the floor right here, make sure you don't step there or you're back to square one. Leave the light on and the door open and do not rush those last few steps to the door or he will definitely wake up. Oh **** it, I'll just stay home."
    Totally!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I love Metallica; I had their first CD on in the car tonight on the way to and from zumba....blasting Enter Sandman as I sped along in DH's little sports car. LOL.

I got home and put on Eminem's second CD and washed up to that. LOL. Hmm....I guess I was in the mood for aggressive music tonight after the latin stuff in zumba.
    You're a girl after my own heart. I also love Eminem as well!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I felt like such an oddball today at playgroup because all the women are cooing and awing about being broody for more babies and I was like no, i'm good with the 2 I got. Lol.

We had a little bit of excitement tonight. A car wrecked right next to our house. When it first happened I nearly had an anxiety attack. I mean really. Because the car was upside down in the ditch and standing up with the air. The roof was clearly caved in. I thought, "oh no!" and felt the beginning of panic set in. Rich quickly determined the guy was ok and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I really feel like I'm on the brink of some sort of failure. If he'd been hurt, I don't know how it would have affected me. :/ I don't even know the guy, but still.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I vacuumed while my kids slept. And played the car stereo at a level that probably made people raise their eyebrows. But I never had to jump through any hoops to make them sleep.

Oh wait, I take that back. Bobbie had colic and I had to either wind her in her swing or rock her in her seat with my foot while I did dishes. Noise, though, didn't bother her. She liked "Baby likes to rock it like a boogie woogie choo choo train..." by The Tractors at an incredible volume. If it wasn't loud, she'd scream. No lie.

I remember those days! Those little nuances you had to have exactly right that nobody else could duplicate. "Ok first you put him down and keep your hand on him for exactly 10.5 minutes, then you slowly, SLOWLY, lift your hand off him as he is falling asleep. Back away towards the door. There's a creak in the floor right here, make sure you don't step there or you're back to square one. Leave the light on and the door open and do not rush those last few steps to the door or he will definitely wake up. Oh **** it, I'll just stay home."
    very true!

DH is a total failure at putting Abbey to bed. Almost every single time he lays down with her to read her stories and put her to sleep, about 20 minutes later I hear the door open softly, and then I see her tip-toe out, close the door softly, and tell me "I got daddy to go to sleep, may I watch a cartoon now?"

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    very true!

DH is a total failure at putting Abbey to bed. Almost every single time he lays down with her to read her stories and put her to sleep, about 20 minutes later I hear the door open softly, and then I see her tip-toe out, close the door softly, and tell me "I got daddy to go to sleep, may I watch a cartoon now?"
    Classic!

very true!

I just laughed so hard. And then I read it to my dh and we both laughed hard all over again! This is hilarious!!!

I can totally see that happening here.

very true!

So funny!!

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I am your DH in that scenario. Bodhi will stay in his bed when DH kisses him good night and goes back in to check on him. For me, I think he'll stay down, but I leave to do something, and he eventually sneaks up behind me and asks "Whatchu doing?"

I am famous around here (whatever that means) for falling asleep before the child I'm laying with. It's hard to stay awake in a dark room with lullaby music playing and to have to pretend to be sleeping on top of all that...forget about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am famous around here (whatever that means) for falling asleep before the child I'm laying with. It's hard to stay awake in a dark room with lullaby music playing and to have to pretend to be sleeping on top of all that...forget about it!
    Considering the time you get up, the lack of sleep due to breastfeeding, and the type of work you do I'm shocked you don't fall asleep while standing up doing the dishes.

Hey guys, sorry I've been completely MIA. We've been battling a stomach bug since sat morning and I'm just getting back to work today. I actually took Ash to the ER on sunday night to make sure he wasn't dehydrated because he had thrown up like 25 times between sat and sun. He's on the mend now and I'm just hoping I don't get it!

I don't have time to catch up with everything but wanted to throw it out there that I'm in a FB group for weight loss and exercising that is mostly made up of APA girls. If anyone wants to join, let me know and I can add you. I use myfitnesspal.com and I've lost 20lbs since the new year. It is a little time consuming, but basically all foods are listed in there and there is a recipe function that you can enter all the ingredients for a recipe and how many servings it is and it will tell you how much per serving.
    AKA Lisa724

THIS is perfect!!!

I ended up getting home at 8:30 which is way past Nolan's bed time but he was still up. DH gave him a bath and got him dressed and ready for night time and said that he kept babbling 'mama' so he didn't even try putting him to sleep It only took like 2 seconds for him to pass out last night (which never happens) the poor booger was so tired. I love when I come home from being gone for a while, he gets a big ole smile on his face and chases me down

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

very true!

Love it!! DH and I are both guilty of that here Sleep deprevation has kicked both of our butts!!

Nolan used to sleep SO easy and SO well..... and than... he started to get teeth He's still not an awful sleeper and I can't really complain too much since he does sleep pretty good stretches most of the time... but going to bed at 1, getting up at 3 with him, trying to get him to go back to sleep just so we can get up at 5:30 for the day, is exhausting

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I've been completely MIA. We've been battling a stomach bug since sat morning and I'm just getting back to work today. I actually took Ash to the ER on sunday night to make sure he wasn't dehydrated because he had thrown up like 25 times between sat and sun. He's on the mend now and I'm just hoping I don't get it!

I don't have time to catch up with everything but wanted to throw it out there that I'm in a FB group for weight loss and exercising that is mostly made up of APA girls. If anyone wants to join, let me know and I can add you. I use myfitnesspal.com and I've lost 20lbs since the new year. It is a little time consuming, but basically all foods are listed in there and there is a recipe function that you can enter all the ingredients for a recipe and how many servings it is and it will tell you how much per serving.
    I'm sorry you've been so sick I love myfitnesspal!!! I've been trying to remember to get back into the groove of using it again, but I'm not going to stress it til the summer. Summer comes and I am going to get to loosing some weight!! I've put back on most of what I lost after having Nolan and I hate it

I think I'm getting back into the groove with the weight loss. I didn't weigh myself recently but I'm going to on Friday. I'm making Friday my weigh in day so I can screw up over the weekend and have time to recover

I was talking about how I was up 2 lbs since starting my new job because there's too much access to restaurants and too many people to meet for lunch. Right after saying that Ted, Faye & I got on the elevator. I was last and the stupid thing lurched. We all laughed and Ted said, "There are those two pounds!"

I know 2 lbs isn't a big deal, but if it keeps climbing I'm going to have to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I was talking about how I was up 2 lbs since starting my new job because there's too much access to restaurants and too many people to meet for lunch. Right after saying that Ted, Faye & I got on the elevator. I was last and the stupid thing lurched. We all laughed and Ted said, "There are those two pounds!"

I know 2 lbs isn't a big deal, but if it keeps climbing I'm going to have to do something.
    That sounds like something that would happen to me, except the elevator would actually lurch when I got in

I think I'm getting back into the groove with the weight loss. I didn't weigh myself recently but I'm going to on Friday. I'm making Friday my weigh in day so I can screw up over the weekend and have time to recover
    Good plan!! I loose weight relatively easy if I can find time to just get out and do some light walking. My eating habits are fine, I do a good job staying within my calories (actually I have a really difficult time eating enough calories) it's just that I sit on my butt all day at work and than as soon as I get home and get Nolan settled, I sit on my butt and do homework

I figure I'll hit it hard this summer and hopefully can get myself into a good routine. Than keep it up at least on the weekends whenever classes start back. Next year is going to be rough since it appears my mom will be going back to my dad shortly so I'll loose her help

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    That sounds like something that would happen to me, except the elevator would actually lurch when I got in
    Oh it did, but only when I stepped on. It startled us all!! When we didn't fall to the basement though, that's when we laughed

I have been relatively good about my eating, and worked out both Monday (weights) and Tuesday (Abs/Cardio). Tonight is yoga, and tomorrow is likely, more Pilates. There is a boot camp sort of thing there that I am tempted to do, but I don't want a complete and utter fail on that. I need to do more cardio, but I have really, really terrible feet that must be carefully managed, and most cardio workouts put me out of commission (sometimes for months), which will be seriously counterproductive. I'm going to try to not weigh myself, except maybe monthly. At my fittest, I actually gained weight, but it was all muscle, and I didn't really care because I looked good and my clothes fit great.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I have to admit, I thought about Gwenn's next blog entry when I got baby S. on video stirring a pot and saying, "My cooking" instead of "I'm cooking." I'm also really impressed that he likes to cook fish because I pretty much gave up cooking fish about a year and a half ago due to lack of interest on everyone's part for everything but salmon. Not that I'm angling for you to use my family for your blog every time, but I am also one of those people who has been checking back to see if you've done another entry and I was excited to see that you've been thinking about it. So I just wanted to give you another little rah from your cheering section.

The elevator story was too funny! Chrissy, it must be fun to work with a bunch of people who are interesting and nice, and a big enough group that if one person annoys you, you can always sort of hang out with the other people rather than just be shut in a room with your one boss. I'm sure you must miss him, and you spent a lot of your life together, but it's always nice to have a little more variety in the workplace. Being one-on-one at work is too much like being married without having any choice in your spouse and without as much incentive to foster the relationship well.

MashedUp, I'm so sorry to hear about the stomach bug. It really did a number on our whole family. I hope the rest of you can avoid it.

My sister got a norovirus that stuck with her for a couple of weeks and caused her to keep off about five pounds last year, and she still speaks fondly of it as one of the best things that ever happened to her. She is a little obsessed with weight.

I got such a kick out of that video. "Yummy Orange! Mum, mum, mum, mum... Yummy Blue! Mum, mum, mum, mum...." totally cracked up.

Aww I can't see the video at work I'll have to check it out when I get home, sounds adorable!!

What a sweet video. Adorable, precious babe <3

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    The elevator story was too funny! Chrissy, it must be fun to work with a bunch of people who are interesting and nice, and a big enough group that if one person annoys you, you can always sort of hang out with the other people rather than just be shut in a room with your one boss. I'm sure you must miss him, and you spent a lot of your life together, but it's always nice to have a little more variety in the workplace. Being one-on-one at work is too much like being married without having any choice in your spouse and without as much incentive to foster the relationship well.
    Thank you. That describes it perfectly.

Lisa, sorry the stomach bug caught you. Hope you're feeling better today.

L, baby S is such a little cutie!!! And now I am hungry for salmon. How I wish I could stock my freezer with halibut and salmon this summer.

I've been laying with G in his bed this week and last night I was drifting off to sleep, when G just blurted out some random question. He had been laying there so still and quiet, I thought he was asleep.

Ashley, some days I feel very broody. I love the baby stage, it makes me sad that I only got to do it once. But my dh is so not broody at all.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Lisa, sorry the stomach bug caught you. Hope you're feeling better today.

Thanks.
    I actually haven't gotten it yet. I'm a little nauseus today, but I'm hoping I can fight it off. The kids were sick though, especially the baby.
    AKA Lisa724

That's rough. I hope they're all feeling better now.

L, I love Baby S. Although he's not such a baby anymore! I haven't seen him since last summer at the county fair, and even then I couldn't get over how big he'd gotten. His longer hair makes him look so much more mature, and I'm starting to see a lot of R in his face.

Lisa, I hope the virus doesn't full-on hit you. I'm sorry to hear how badly it affected your family.

Has anyone seen GCB? I haven't yet, but after Newt Gingrich made some critical remarks of it, my curiosity is piqued. I'm annoyed that they abbreviated the name, though, as I was so excited to learn there might be a primetime show with the "B" word in it's title. It looks like it might be funny.