Page 966 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 466866916956964965966967968976101610661466 ... LastLast
Results 28,951 to 28,980 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Unless her cousin is always called 'buddy' or something at home?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

...actually I never thought of that. Possible. Especially for a 4 year old.

But the other scenario is much more interesting to speculate!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    ...actually I never thought of that. Possible. Especially for a 4 year old.

But the other scenario is much more interesting to speculate!
    absolutely!

So, slight temporary topic change, I'm developing a TV crush on Phil Phillips from American Idol.

I haven't found one to root for yet. I think this is the worst season so far. I'm bummed.

I am a foot shaver, my little piggies are like monkey's. omg dying here. I love Raising Hope. It's just so ****ed weird and I love that. That is all.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I love that show too! That one and My Name is Earl.

Yes I liked Earl too. "don't you judge me Earl" I'd like to see crabman on Raising Hope
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

When I lived in Mormon country in Idaho there were a few sets of identical twins in my school who had similar names--Stacy and Tracy, Shelly and Kelly, etc. They were all really cute and popular, too, incidentally, but reflecting back on it now as a mother it would have driven me batty to have two similar names and identical twins to boot. I would have been forever saying "Sh'Kelly! er, I mean, K'Shelly, er, confound it!" Those poor moms.

I kind of want a secret life, but I don't have time for my non-secret life. It could be less mysterious and she just knows him only by his nickname or something. (ETA apparently I spent way too much time on my reply and you guys already are way ahead of me.)

DH actually ate today, shakily, tempting fate. I have lost six pounds but I'm pretty sure it's all water (and other unmentionables). We seem to be slowly recovering. This has been one wild ride. I had to call in sick for tomorrow because there is a 48-hour post symptom rule for returning to work per infection control policy and they seemed a little miffy, but maybe because they were busy. Between this week and DS's surgery next month I'm pretty sure I will have no more sick time. I had just started building it back up after being out for 3 months every year for several years in a row (even with disability we have to use up our sick time for the first 30 days).

Sorry you're not well, L. How is baby S doing? Is his temper improving?

And LOL about wanting a secret life!

I haven't watched Idol at all yet, but I have seen other friends on FB rooting for Phil Phillips.

In my hs graduating class we had 6 sets of twins. There was Cori/Corena, Carilee/Marilee, Tracy/Tiffany.

Even though my name and my sisters name is similar, my two brothers names start with K and M. Well my mom was constantly calling us by the wrong name lol
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

My mom called us all by the wrong name, and our names were completely different. I think it's normal. One year at work I had 4 kids with almost identical names. It was so awful. We would just open our mouths and hope the right name came out.

Aw, man, L. NOW I wish I were in town to help you out...bring you bananas, rice, applesauce & toast and have B distract the kids. Your DH's boss sounds like a real dillweed. Feel better and *before* I get back, ok?

Katy, I think you'd make an excellent graphic designer, of course. You're so creative. But I'm a little sad that you're making fewer of your gorgeous eggs. If I'm ever on good terms with my untrustworthy sis again, I know one of your eggs would be a perfect gift for her. I hope you'd come out of retirement for me at that point. It'll happen with her... albeit it's happening slowly.

Bridge, hope your dbf is healing up from his surgery & you're holding down the fort over there.

Erin, I agree w/ Chrissy that the age cutoff for firefighters is pretty arbitrary & ridiculous. The background behind your dh's disappointment makes it sting all the more, I imagine. Maybe Ohio is somewhere you'd all be happy if that avenue opens for you?

Also, sorry I missed posts on Ky's ears, but I hope he's alright in the long term.

Kate, it sound like Bo is a great addition to the family. It's amazing how animals have this great humanizing effect on people, and I like how you said you guys fight less since the dog came home. Give doggie a belly rub for me.

It's surprisingly great down here in PR. Not trying to do anything ambitious. We could try to go see these jungle caves, or dive this island called Isla Desecheo that's supposed to be amazing, or take a kayak out on this bioluminescent bay at night where there's another 120ft wall dive. One of us would have to be on the boat with him at all times. All tempting things, but I'm still suuuuuper nervous with B around the water, even with flotation vest. He swam out with us on his inflatable at the beach right out front of our apt, and even the teeny waves were a little hectic for him. We stuck the dates right for where we are staying (Rincon), though, because there's a surf competition this weekend. That should be fun.

Had the craziest headache today, that started with my 3rd aural migraine ever, then turned into a full on head-splitter that lasted hours and forced me to lie on the couch with my eyes shut. I have this suspicion it's the Burt's Bees "Natural" insect repellent spray I used, because I'd just applied it when the headache came on, and I'm really sensitive to scents. Strong perfumes give me headaches, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was the cause. It reeked of this citronella odor, and even DH told me I had to shower it off because it overwhelmed him. I'm just not sure why it would've given me the aural blurred-vision symptoms. All better now, though.

Mandy, that story is indeed interesting. Let us know of you find out he's got two families. Oh, and if you do go to Vegas, I'd want to know your dates, in case they dovetailed w/ my dad's bday in April when I'd be there.
    Last edited by demigraf; 03-02-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Oh, no ... It would be May. it would be SO fun to meet up with you in Vegas!

Drats, Mandy. Ah, well. You said you might not go anyway. If you do go, maybe you could find a motel nearby that allow dogs?

Ladies, I wanted to share this with you because I love it. It's a giant birds nest my friend in Cornwall UK made for her kids. That's her youngest playing baby bird, waiting for mummy bird (big sister) to bring him some food. Awwwww...

Oh, yeah, one other thing is that some friends just yesterday talked me into running a 12k with them for one's 40th bday. They're flying in for it and are literally my oldest friends, so who am I to refuse? It's far longer than my usual run - and I don't believe I have the soul or build of a runner - so I guess I'm training for something new and a little scary. The fact that the course goes over a couple good San Francisco hills adds a little more drama to the training. The event is more like a party. Some walk it drunk, and when DH last ran it, he saw a guy with a Native American headress, sneakers and nothing else on. Lots of costumes. Some nudity. It's supposedly such a big party that you don't even notice you're running. I am glad for the motivation. I think I'm going to use that event date (May 20) as my official TTC start date too. Did I ever tell you girls B was conceived after a 55-mile bike event down in Mexico? There was a finish-line fiesta, and a little tequila. So I can forever tell B he was "Hecho en Mexico".
    Last edited by demigraf; 03-02-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Last post for now... I want to finally share the duck story with you (since it pairs so well with my other recent food folly that I'm building up the nerve to share with others). Yay to Molly for saving my e-mail!!!

Keep in mind as you read it that Molly & I had Jan due dates and this is Dec 25-26. I was pretty much all belly by this time and a complete space cadet. I was too pregnant to travel, and the rest of the family was in Vegas, so DH & I decided to have a quiet holiday meal at our home in L.A. where we were still living at the time:

[I'll embellish my original text with stuff in brackets]

... I slacked on getting a fresh Xmas turkey for just the 2 of us this year, and so we found ourselves buying a frozen mini turkey at the market on Xmas day. [It was either that or bring home a 32 pounder that would have taken 'til New Year's to cook. We're not typically into frozen poultry.]

The plan was to defrost [the Cornish turkey] and stuff it and bake it just like Thanksgiving. But when we peeled back all the labels, we learned we'd [read: I'd] brought home a duck!

I dunno what I was thinking [when I'd been in the store and just assumed without reading the label that it was just the smallest turkey I'd ever seen]. I had noticed [peeking out from under the sticker] a bit of the D (which I thought was a T) and the K, but I guess I'd thought it was such a petite turkey that the font wrapped to the next line. LOL.

[So, in my mind, under the sticker it looked like this:

TURK-
    EY.

Yes, I really thought that.]

I totally had to scramble online for a recipe to roast the dirty bird...such a fat thing!

[The recipe called for slitting the skin and pouring boiling water over it, later roasting it over steaming water to coax the fat out. Watching the skin contract during that process was rather unappetizing].

Long story short, dinner turned out ok, mainly 'cause we [closed our eyes and] pretended it was a turkey. Served with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc. [Hoisin sauce would've been better in hindsight.]

The next day, Steve had to work [on some demanding client's recording session] and I got up early to run a bunch of errands. Never ate breakfast, so when I got home I was sleepy and hungry. I decided to reheat the duck to eat with other leftovers. And I dunno if you ever do this, but sometimes I'm too lazy to actually program the microwave, and instead I just punch in some random number sequence for cook time, hit Start, and plan to come back to stop it myself a few minutes later. That usually works for me, except this time, I took the dogs out to their potty area, came back and found I'd LOCKED myself out of the house!

So there I was... cold, hungry, with a dirty, chubby bird spinning in the microwave for who knows how long still. My neighbor kindly loaned me her cell phone to call Steve, but he [couldn't come home for another]**2 hours. In the meantime, I just sat outside shivering with my dogs, dizzy from hunger, smelling and hearing the duck being nuked on the other side of the door, feeling more and more sorry for myself.

[A note on how cold I was: It was maybe 55 degrees out, and I had on a long sleeve maternity top. There was my down jacket spinning in the dryer in our garage that I could have worn had it not still been wet. So the only thing I could find to warm myself up was a velour hoodie from my pre-preg days that I could only zip up around my boobs.]

I did manage a walk to the beach during the last hour to keep warm, but the wind picked up off the ocean and I just got more cold and miserable. [I actually bouldered over a 20 ft pile of rocks to get away from the wind, my belly sticking up in the air on my way down]. I was pretty pitiful by the time Steve came [and got me on the beach. He said all he saw was my red cheeks and nose sticking out from the hood and my HUGE belly poking out from under the jacket.]

And once back in the kitchen, the duck was in pieces inside the microwave. I might as well have just tossed it in there with a grenade. LOL. It smelled terrible too. Needless to say, I NEVER want to eat duck again for as long as I live!
    And I haven't eaten duck since, I might add.
    Last edited by demigraf; 03-02-2012 at 12:40 AM.

What a disaster!! I don't blame you for not wanting duck again.

Myles, Conner would love that bird's nest! How clever is that? Conner has said on various occasions he wants to grow up and be a mommy bird.

L, that really stinks about burning up your sick time. I feel like I do the exact same thing (and I didn't have to take off and use 30 days of sick time like you did). I build it up and then one illness goes through the house and it's all gone. Then you go through weeks of worry that nothing else will happen because you know you don't have the time to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I kind of want a secret life, but I don't have time for my non-secret life. It could be less mysterious and she just knows him only by his nickname or something. (ETA apparently I spent way too much time on my reply and you guys already are way ahead of me.)
    Oooo...interesting. What would your secret life be if you could have one? I'm in the mood to play pretend. In my secret life I'd be a stripper. At least once to see what it's like. Of course I'd be tone too and not have the mommy cellulite on my butt and back of my legs.

Bridget, DH used to say Ky was girly acting until I reminded him of how woman acting he was. DH and his mother are very similar in their behavior, the way they squint their eyes (roll their eyes) and say: "mmmmmm hmmmmm" at everything. My MIL is also kind of controlling and wants things her way, DH is the same. He has told Ky on plenty of occasions that there is just "one way" to do certain things like iron or fold clothes or wash dishes. I am of the belief that everyone does everything differently, I think because I grew up in a big family and all of us were so different but my mom didn't care as long as chores got done and clothes got washes, she didn't give a crap how you did it, you just get it done. I am similar to her in that respect.

I remind DH that Ky has a lot of my own characteristics, just like DH is similar to his mom. I also remind DH that I am more similar to my dad in the way I do things around the house and with kids, than to my mom. My mom was a pretty hands off type of mom and didn't take us to things and didn't speak to us as equals a lot, but my dad did these things with us. DH understands this and now accepts that Ky is just genetically my son so he acts like me a lot. He is still hard to forgive Ky's crying though. Ky gets angry and cries about things, I mention in a thread in NM/MIG that he still cries if he loses a board game. I really don't care that he cries, I figure if he wants to cry that is his business. DH thinks it is a sign of weakness. I remind DH how he (DH) has "temper tantrums" and that he gets upset when he doesn't win either or is having difficulty doing some sort of tasks (especially working on cars or building things). He looks the same way Ky looks right before Ky cries, but DH doesn't cry of course. I told him to quit talking to Ky about it all the time and that eventually Ky will outgrow it.

I tell him stories of my youngest brother Chris, who out of all my brothers has it together the most. (Side note: I consider Chris my first baby so I am probably biased against my other brothers because of it). He is responsible, he doesn't abuse drugs or alcohol, he is fun and kind and is just an all around great guy. I hope he stays that way. But anyway, Chris cried about random things until he was 14!! My mom and I would just look at him, like WTF is up with this guy, but we didn't call him a "cry baby" and even his dad would just stay silent about it or tell him he didn't have to cry about it. I remember watching the movie "Selena" with him and Chris, to this day, will tear up when Selena dies at the end of the movie. He even cried watching this movie with his friends when he was 13 and he would go on and on about how it was so unfair that that crazy woman killed Selena and how she didn't deserve to die. I would try my hardest not to giggle and Trenton, my second youngest brother would roll his eyes an go "ugggg!!! Man do you have to cry EVERY TIME we watch this movie!" And Chris would just repeat how unfair it was and how beautiful and talented she was. Adrian, my older brother would say that Jennifer Lopez played Selena so he could just pretend Selena was still alive and enjoy JLo's behind LOL! This would unfold at the end of the movie every single time we watched it.

Chris is also not gay, which is something DH thinks means will happen to boys who cry. I had a couple friends when I was younger who were gay and who knew they were gay (meaning they told us they were) in jr. high, so around 12 years old and honestly, they rarely ever cried and were pretty tough and would kick someone's butt since they got picked on a lot for being gay.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 03-02-2012 at 08:41 AM.

We went to the pedi yesterday and Ky does have fluid in his ears but it has not turned into an infection yet. He had so much fluid that you could see it bulging in the back of his nostrils. The pedi showed me and it was "pretty impressive" (what the pedi said he had never seen so much fluid without an ear infection and I agree it was cool to look at, I went home and used a flash light and looked in all of our noses LOL). He said Ky has a post nasal drip and that it contributed to the fluid so he suggested Ky take an antihistamine to dry up the fluid and so we will go back in a few weeks to check on it.

Yesterday was also Ky's first day of Little League Baseball. He was so excited. I had warned him that the team I signed him up for was the champion team of our region last year and that he may be embarrassed since the other kids had more skills. But I encouraged him to work hard and just do his best and look at it as fun and not a competition with his teammates. He had a great time and by the end of the hour I could tell that he had improved in that short period of time. He went home with a smile and excited about the next practice this weekend. I was so worried about him with this team since I think I have mentioned before that he is not been very team focused in the past. He also does not like to work hard to accomplish goals usually. He is really growing up though and I tear of thinking of it because he has been working much harder this year, even though he still slacks on some things like most people, but I can tell he is really growing developmentally and socially and I just think of how he will be grown up soon. I get sad thinking of my kids getting older even though it is exciting for me to watch them become themselves.

Erin

Lol Chrissy!

Jennifer, the gluten free has been hard to get used to. We love a fresh baked loaf of bread around here and I have not been able to make a deceny gf loaf. But otherwise we have just been eating a lot of brown rice, quinoa, millet. I've been successful in making muffins, pancakes, waffles with the other flours. We've been using pasta made from brown rice, quinoa and corn. It's pretty good. Great for lasagna, imo because it's a bit mushier than whole wheat pasta. Bottom line is that we can't have our main food be bread any longer which is good for all of us. Kai used to eat toast or oatmeal for at least 2 meals a day. He's eating a much wider variety of foods now. And I have lost 6 lbs! The jeans I wore before I got pregnant with Sawyer are too loose. I guess it helps me not eating toast too It's one of my favorite things.

Aw, Erin. I'm so glad Ky enjoyed baseball. It is bittersweet to watch them grow. So the fluid was indeed making it hard for him to hear? Dbf tried once and only once to insinuate that he didn't want a gay son and I told him a thing or two about unconditional love and he was humbled for one of the only times I have ever seen him humbled. I just think it's crazy for a parent to feel somehow wronged that their child is gay. I think I have told you guys this story before but one of dbf's best friends from Hawaii, and the only one I really love, is gay. One of his first relationships was with a man whose father had a really difficult time with it. He didn't treat our friend, H, very well because of it. One day he said, "You know, it's not easy for me to think about my son having sex with another man." and my friend H said, "Ewwww. Is it easy for you to think of your daughter having sex with a man? Who thinks about their children having sex?? Ewww!" lol. He said the dad shook his hand then and his point was well taken.

I forgot to mention that dbf was in a lot of pain last night and it was a really hard night. He kept taking more pain pills and it was making me worried about him so I kept getting up to check on him after he finally fell asleep around 3 am. Before that I was mostly awake just trying to keep him company and distract him from the pain. Also, Sawyer has a terrible cough that has him gagging in his sleep so I felt I needed to keep him upright most of the night. I'm exhausted.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

There are a number of museums and activity centers around here that have nests around here. I have a ton of pictures of my kids in various nests. I just spent a good 20 minutes browsing my photos and reminiscing. In fact, I was at the Oakland Museum two days ago and there is a huge Redwood burl in the lower level and the twins crawled inside and then coaxed me to do so also and asked me to cover them up and pretend I was their Mommy bird and that they were my baby birds. I did.

That duck story is a nightmare. So Mylah, are you gathering food folly stories together to publish or something? That would make a pretty good collected theme book. You could gather some food folly stories from famous chefs and/or random people off the internet--do a poll for the worst food-related incident, or even include good food stories. Maybe most memorable cooking stories. For example, I read a book of collected stories about traveling with children, and it had horror stories and some really tender and heart-warming stories, some US and some in Africa, some airplane, some car, some short trips some very long. It was a nice and entertaining little book.

I can't remember if I have shared my duck story or not. We were visiting one of my mom's friends on a houseboat in Sausalito, and my sister and I were running around on the decks when we heard a sizzling sound and a thump. A duck had flown right into the power line and crashed in front of us. My sister and I cradled the duck for a little bit, named it, watched its bowels empty as it died, then ran and told mom what had happened. I was about 5 or 6 maybe (and running around without supervision around water!!!!). My family, being totally poor at the time, was elated at the thought of free duck for dinner, so they pulled its feathers and then roasted it. I tried to take a few bites of the birdy friend whom I'd comforted as he'd died, because everyone told me how lucky I was to have such a meal that rich people got to eat, but I just couldn't.

I do not have the skill set I would require for the secret life I would actually want. I think it would be really cool to be a spy or an assassin. However, I'm really terrible at reading people and lying. Plus I'm bad at keeping secrets. I also wouldn't mind being a high-powered business-woman, but I can't wear high heels. Maybe my other secret life could involve staying in my pajamas and doing stuff on the computer. Secret stuff.

Mandy, when I was asking you about Josh's past tense usage you linked to me a couple videos, something about Superman and one other. It slipped my mind and I have no idea what page they're on now. Would you mind linking them again?

Bridget Sorry it was a rough night.
    My husband has said similar things about if Josh turns out to be gay, but always says he'll love him no matter what and that yes he doesn't really want to think about him having sex with a woman, either.

I think it's interesting how certain traits come out in kids. I never learned so much about myself until Josh started imitating me.

DH and I both know that b/g twins have a higher chance than most of being gay. I have a feeling DS may be, but time will tell. DH is fine with it. Thank goodness. The main thing we are both concerned with is bullying. DS wanted me to paint his fingernail and toenails the other day, so I did, with the caveat that usually it's something that girls do, and that people might tell him that it's a girl thing, but he still wanted it. He took off his shoes and socks at naptime at school and showed everyone how beautiful his toenails were.

He also speaks in a falsetto a lot because he wants to sound like DD. He likes her voice. I know none of this is indicative, but he also has the hair swirl and there are some other feelings. But time will tell.

It would have been a deal breaker for me if Dh had not been gay friendly. His take was back than, hey just less competition for me (in regards to gay guys). My favorite uncle that died 1.5 ago was gay and DH really liked him. And my aunt is gay (both my mom's siblings)....she's one of the moms to my little grade school aged cousins. And now it turns out my sister is gay. Genetically speaking, I think that a bio child of mine would have a higher than average chance at being gay.
    I could see a parent though wishing for a straight kid....I wish that my sister was only because I think that it's a more difficult life and society is so mean and nasty about it. I hate that my little sister cannot at this time be legally married in our state if she wanted. Things are changing and I only hope that it's different for the kids growing up now.

Yeah I don't know if I could do the GF thing. I don't know what I would bring for lunch. Especially being that I haven't had a diagnosis or feel anything really bad where I am sure that it is what it is. I do know I could stand to eat less pasta though.

My pack n play arrived last night. I was impressed that we got it set up with minimal fighting. For two smart adults, we are not great at putting stuff together. Most was easy but one part where the directions were mostly bad pictures. The dogs were like, oh what is that? LOL Dh doesn't believe that it will fit in the bag it comes with but I will show him. Going to store it in the baby's room closet until needed.
    I think that we we get around to ordering a crib and going to Ikea for the dresser/changing table/book shelf, I'm going to get my dad to come up and help put the stuff together. Makes my dad feel useful and we will make him homemade pizza.

Haha, when I was little and we would play, there was usually four of us and we were sisters or princess or whatever. Names were Stacy, Tracy, Lacey and Kasey.....OR Holly, Molly, Polly and Dolly. Dh didn't agree to Kasey for a girl name but I did get a girl named Molly.

When I hear secret life I think of something like Sydney on Alias. That is not a secret life for me....I'm not a risk taker.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I never knew that about b/g twins.

I never really think about people being gay though. I don't know, maybe it is a man thing or something. I also don't want to think about my kids having sex or masterbating or anything like that. I have spoken to Ky already about sex and masterbation and how it is okay to masterbate and that it is safer for him to do so. A few of my relatives and DH thought I was crazy to speak to him about it and honestly I didn't want to but I feel that I should speak about it now because he is getting to that age and I don't trust that DH will do it even though I would rather it come from him than me since I feel male sexual things may be more easy for a boy to deal with coming from dad versus mom. But DH would probably talk about sin and abusing one's body (he gets religious sometimes and really authoritarian with Ky) and I WOULD rather he masterbate, than go out and have sex and I don't want him to think it is something horrible that he should be ashamed of.

I think about STDs moreso than gay/straight with the kids. One of the parents at my daycare has a little girl and her good friend is gay and he is hilarious to me. He is basically the surrogate father of the baby since the baby's real father abandoned her and he is a great, funny guy IMO and told us in a meeting (and I think I mentioned my daycare providers are uber religious) that he hopes the baby is a lesbian because then he won't have to worry about some nasty, sluttish man, and he knows about those because he is one with men (LOL), knocking her up and leaving her with babies to take care of. Plus lesbians don't get HIV and have lower incidences of STDs. Our providers were looking at him like he was nuts!! I got a good giggle out of it. He is really funny.

But yeah, I don't even think about gay/straight with the kids, they are just my kids and will always be. I think more about, I hope they don't lose their home training and commit any atrocious crimes moreso than be gay. That would be the least of my worries. DH has said though that he would "disown" Ky if he were gay. He worries about Ky being gay because one of Ky's favorite colors is purple, he had a pic of a buff wrestler's chest on his desktop on the PC, he cries too much, and recently Ky said he wished he were a girl sometimes so that he would have more of a variety of clothes to wear. I asked him what clothes would he like to wear and he said "I don't know, maybe dresses or something." DH thought that was gay until I reminded him he'd worn a dress before, one of mine. Also I told Ky a story of my dad dressing in one of my mom's mini-skirts and walking down the streets in it along with red pumps and red lipstick on his face and saying "Hey girl!!" to everyone he saw. I also told Ky that we could buy him a kilt if he wanted to wear a skirt and maybe go on a trip to Scotland. He looked at me like I was crazy.

Erin

Josh loves pink things. He picked out a pink toothbrush at the dentist the other day and he wanted pink bunny ears from Target but later saw an inflatable lightsaber and I told him he could pick one or the other and he picked the lightsaber (which is also pink, now that I think about it). I don't like pink so I can't say he got it from me! LOL

Aw, thanks for sharing the duck story, Myles. L might be on to something with these crazy cooking mishaps for a book! You have a catchy writing style that most would enjoy.

Erin, that is so great that Ky enjoyed the baseball; I'm kinda sad my kids will never play on a baseball team. The closest thing they have here is cricket and most kids don't play that til they're quite a bit older. I'm going to have to teach them to play, though. And basketball. We are definitely going to get a hoop when they're older so that I can play basketball with them.

L, a secret life does sound interesting. I think I'd like to be Jem from Jem and the Holograms and be a secret rockstar. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I do not have the skill set I would require for the secret life I would actually want. I think it would be really cool to be a spy or an assassin. However, I'm really terrible at reading people and lying. Plus I'm bad at keeping secrets. I also wouldn't mind being a high-powered business-woman, but I can't wear high heels. Maybe my other secret life could involve staying in my pajamas and doing stuff on the computer. Secret stuff.
    An assassin! L, I would have never dreamed! And who cares if you have the skill set or not. It's all fun pretend. At least, I'm really hoping the assassin thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    For two smart adults, we are not great at putting stuff together.
    I seriously lol'd! Baby/child furniture is notoriously the most difficult to set up. At least in our house. I'm so happy for you guys that you got that though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I also don't want to think about my kids having sex or masterbating or anything like that.Erin
    Me either. And I know that 2 of mine have. We've always talked about stuff but I do not like to think about it. I consider it one of the more unpleasant aspects of parenting. And no matter what, I cannot be so liberal that I'd consider letting them live with us with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Intellectually I know it's ridiculous, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Josh loves pink things. He picked out a pink toothbrush at the dentist the other day and he wanted pink bunny ears from Target but later saw an inflatable lightsaber and I told him he could pick one or the other and he picked the lightsaber (which is also pink, now that I think about it). I don't like pink so I can't say he got it from me! LOL
    Conner loves pink too It makes me happy though 'cause it's my favorite color and none of my girls liked it.