Page 964 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 464864914954962963964965966974101410641464 ... LastLast
Results 28,891 to 28,920 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Kate, your post about Josh telling your kitty not to worry if he heard barking has made me all teary eyed. Little kids are so sweet. I wish people held on to that little kid kind of innocence longer than what they do.

I've been on a cleaning spree today and have just cleaned my windows. I can see where a bug has climbed up the window from the outside; it's very annoying. Oh, and I got called by the school I volunteer at to ask if I can do a full day of substitute teaching. I'm sure an element of them asking me is that I'm cheap since they can pay me the unqualified teachers rate, but I know that they like me, too, so it's off to school tomorrow for me!

The daycare registry sounds similar to the sex offender registry. You have 19yo's charged with statuatory because their 17yo girlfriends parents don't like them side by side with actual child molestors. There should be some sort of gradient so that you can tell how severe the situation really is.
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    The daycare registry sounds similar to the sex offender registry. You have 19yo's charged with statuatory because their 17yo girlfriends parents don't like them side by side with actual child molestors. There should be some sort of gradient so that you can tell how severe the situation really is.
    YES! Don't even get me started on the sex registry joke.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

You are right Chrissy. I get written up almost every time the state visits me. It's always for things like not having a current physical form for a child (have to update every 6mos), or for not signing myself in and out each day...tedious paperwork stuff that gets away from me. He told me straight up one day he hates to write me up because it's obviously high quality care but if they want to keep their federal dollars they have to keep the write ups rolling in.
    I just got a call they are not paying me for those 20 hours. Why? No one can tell me. I'm very angry. Five years of filling out these time sheets and they won't forgive one error. I guess it's ok with them that I work for free. Oh, she told me I need to pill the parent. Single mom working full time, three kids, dad in jail so no child support. That seems fair, right?

Oh goodness Bridget. That makes me so angry.

Oh, Bridget, that is not right. Gosh, I would keep bugging someone til they pay up.

Can you challenge it Bridget? I'd assume they have to inform you of their decision in writing. They should have a process for fighting their decision somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Kate, your post about Josh telling your kitty not to worry if he heard barking has made me all teary eyed. Little kids are so sweet. I wish people held on to that little kid kind of innocence longer than what they do.

I've been on a cleaning spree today and have just cleaned my windows. I can see where a bug has climbed up the window from the outside; it's very annoying. Oh, and I got called by the school I volunteer at to ask if I can do a full day of substitute teaching. I'm sure an element of them asking me is that I'm cheap since they can pay me the unqualified teachers rate, but I know that they like me, too, so it's off to school tomorrow for me!
    I won't lie, seeing Josh do that made me cry. It was just like something out of a boy and his dog, coming of age movie.
    Yay for cleaning!
    Have a great work day tomorrow!

Can you guys send me good finding the tv remotes vibes?
    I have no idea what happened to them. I must have answered the phone with them in hand or something but I can't find them. Off to go look again...

I spent three hours looking for a wii remote a few weeks ago and it turned out that DD had hung it from the strap on the inside doorknob of a closet we rarely use!
    AKA Lisa724

I asked her if I could speak to her supervisor and she said she just did and the info is coming straight from her. So I asked who was above her and she said no one. Mmmkay. I left a message with the supervisor. I just don't see how they can decide not to pay me. The parent of the child this is about says she will speak to her caseworker to see if there is anything that can be done.

Dbf is in surgery now. He was watching you tube videos of the procedure this morning and I was like DUDE. STOP. It was gnarly. He was really getting himself all worked up.

Gack. I'd never watch videos of a procedure before I went to have it done.

Sorry you have to deal with this payment headache Bridget!

I found the remotes behind the side table. I think Bo knocked them off when he went storming through earlier.

Haha! I remember once my mom pulled the remote out of her purse while we were shopping. On a saturday with my dad at home watching tv. lol. He was less than thrilled.
    Another funny remote story that my whole family loves to tell. We had a remote and the volume up button fell out. So my dad pulled out another button and moved it there. But it got lost eventually so we pulled out another and moved it around as needed. This went on for years until finally we had one dam button left and we'd move it around. So if you wanted to watch channed 27 you'd have to put it in the two spot, then quickly get to the seven spot before it turned to channel two! Oh so funny and ridiculous. When the last button was finally lost we splurged on a new remote. We laugh so hard when we tell that story and other people are like, ooohkay, crazy people.

LOL that is so great!

I love looking at medical procedures. I would have been looking at it as well!! The only time I haven't wanted to look at pics or vids of medical things was recently when my older brother had a procedure done in his....I'll say a private area and he wanted me look at how big he got via pics LOL! He even showed my mom who was disgusted and my dad who thought it was amazing and his sons and our cousins and anyone who came to visit him in the hospital. He is just a riot, my brother, but I refused to look at that part of his anatomy because I just don't want to see private parts of any of my brothers at this point in my life unless they are incapacitated or something and I need to nurse them or something.

Erin

That buttonless remote is funny Bridget!!! I don't know if I would have let it get all the way down to 1 button LOL!

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I asked her if I could speak to her supervisor and she said she just did and the info is coming straight from her. So I asked who was above her and she said no one. Mmmkay. I left a message with the supervisor. I just don't see how they can decide not to pay me. The parent of the child this is about says she will speak to her caseworker to see if there is anything that can be done.

Dbf is in surgery now. He was watching you tube videos of the procedure this morning and I was like DUDE. STOP. It was gnarly. He was really getting himself all worked up.
    I hope you can get paid Bridget. That's just BS.

Ick-I couldn't ever watch video like that either. I get dizzy and it makes me sick. I actually passed out in 7th grade in science or health when the teacher showed us pics of a broken bone coming through the skin.

I'm home on a snow day here. It was nasty overnight...snow, ice, rain, snow, ice again, snow again. So I stayed home as I don't have AWD and my cars aren't that high off the ground. I made an apple pie instead. I love homemade apple pie as I can control the amount of sugar...I like to taste the apples and not just a big sugar goo.

Aww Kate that is sweet of Josh.

Seriously I almost talked myself out of surgery before looking up a bit too much info and videos and how the surgical room is set up.

I have remote story...when I was a toddler and into helping and throwing stuff away, I threw away the VCR remote. And back in the late 70's....it cost my parents $200 for a new remote. And they replaced it...what can I say, my dad likes his tech toys. I think that I'm the only person I know my age who really doesn't know what it's like to not have a VCR. And barely remember records....I don't know how to play one because dad got into CD's when I was 6 or 7. Dad got an iPod before we did and dad has had his tablet for a while....we want one but haven't splurged yet.

Bridget I'm sorry the state is being so sh***y to you. I blame Walker.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I still have a picture of my X-ray from when I dislocated my elbow. It looks like a T - VERY cool! Also, I've left the remote in the freezer. And the microwave.

Kate, Josh is a sweetie. Bridget, I hope you get paid for the work you did. Everyone deserves that. Erin, my dad likes to show off his war wounds. So that's what he did with his friends after his bypass, and his friends were all like

My dad has TONS of records. My first music was on records. Kids music like Rosenshontz and Raffi, and later on when I started to get into adult music I asked for the La Bamba soundtrack (I think it must have been heavily played on the radio or something, because I never saw the movie)

I have an NKOTB record-my dad hung onto it and gave it to me on birthday last year.

It's snowing here and Bo had a lot of fun with it. He kept putting his nose in the snow and coming up with his nose all white. Josh made a snowman.

My dad only listens to music on records. He has one of those old record players that is in a long sideboard type pieces of furniture. I love the sound of his old country records with how they crackle and pop between the songs.

Kate, sounds like 'the boys' are having a lot of fun with the snow. I hope we don't get any more snow this year. I want spring to hurry up and warm things up!

Travis was funny tonight. His school sent home a letter about his class getting an incubator and some chick eggs and we had to sign a permission slip to say that he could handle the chicks. I read the letter to DH and Travis was listening. When I finished reading it, Travis took the piece of paper and pretended to read. He had this really happy tone to his voice and said something like, "Today is a very special day. We will be holding baby chickens." LOL

Bridget, I hope that M is recovering now from his surgery.

L, how are you feeling? Has the sickness finally left your house? I'm sending healthy vibes out your way!

Myles, how's the vacation going?

Erin, has your DH heard back about the Chicago firefighting job yet?

Katy, how are you feeling lately? Did that breathlessness finally go away?

I should go to bed now; I need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for tomorrow's teaching gig.

That is so sweet about Josh and the kitty's grave!

Bridget, that's insane about you not getting paid. Keep fighting.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    My dad only listens to music on records. He has one of those old record players that is in a long sideboard type pieces of furniture. I love the sound of his old country records with how they crackle and pop between the songs.

---

Travis was funny tonight. His school sent home a letter about his class getting an incubator and some chick eggs and we had to sign a permission slip to say that he could handle the chicks. I read the letter to DH and Travis was listening. When I finished reading it, Travis took the piece of paper and pretended to read. He had this really happy tone to his voice and said something like, "Today is a very special day. We will be holding baby chickens." LOL
    What a sweetheart Travis is!!!

I think I have a stereo just like the one you described. It's a long cabinet and each end has a 'hood' that you lift up. On the left is the record player, on the right is the stereo dial. In the front/center is a bar. When you slide the doors open, a light comes on and there are slots for glasses. It's wicked nice. I think my paternal grandparents bought it in the 50's. It's currently at my mom's because I thought it would be safer there. She bought a lava lamp and put it on top upside down and didn't realize it till she burned the top of my stereo. I haven't seen it, but I'm not happy about it.

That is so cute about Travis and the letter about the baby chickens!

So Josh came up with a way to be more involved in the grocery shopping (and thus more entertained by it)-I write the list, and then I tell him what each things says and he draws a picture next to it. That way he gets to hold the list and tell me what we need. It keeps him more occupied instead of just walking around looking at all the things he wants.

That was Josh's idea? Wow. Very clever boy!

Love it!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yeah! he was in the back of the car and he said "mom do you have a piece of paper?" I gave him one and he had a crayon and he said, what do we need at the store? And I told him, and when we got there I looked at the paper and he had drawn what I said.

That's really super clever and creative of him. What a wonderful idea!

Again Rich told Conner if he pooped on the potty he could have his toys, and he did it before I got home. I know 'they' say never, ever, never to use discipline when trying to potty train but I think this is an exception because it seems to have worked for us. Not that either of us said he couldn't have his toys because he was 'bad' or anything, and there wasn't a negative tone. So maybe it wasn't discipline but rather a reward system. Instead of getting a sticker, he gets his toys. That works and stickers didn't. Go figure. I'm on my 4th and still don't have anywhere near 1/2 the answers!

I'm so glad it seems to be working out!

Yay Conner! And I'm not sure if that's "discipline" or "reward" but because of his age I would think the rules change a bit since kids are developmentally able to understand the situation a bit more than a two-year-old. And anyway, whatever works and makes everyone happy.

Myles, hope you are too busy enjoying fun in the sun to get on the interweb.

Bridget, that's unbelievable about the state not paying you. Totally unfair and it makes you wonder what the heck is going on over there that people are so randomly vindictive.

I've had a terrible evening. Abbey has been sick and 3 nights of broken sleep thanks to a terrible cough (adding up to about 10 hours total) finally caught up with me (that and cleaning up vomit several times today). I was yelling at Dh half the evening and crying the other half. I'm a mess without sleep. It's like I turn into a monster-version of myself. Please send me positive vibes that Abbey can get a good night of sleep so I can too, everyone here really needs it to happen.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010