Page 959 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 459859909949957958959960961969100910591459 ... LastLast
Results 28,741 to 28,770 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh he's still really young. Barely an adult!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Saw your fb pics of Bo and Josh. He's a beautiful dog and there is something very sweet about a boy and his dog together.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Saw your fb pics of Bo and Josh. He's a beautiful dog and there is something very sweet about a boy and his dog together.

I agree! My MIL swears up and down about us having a boy. She has had multiple dreams of us having a boy...specifically a blonde boy. Anyway, if we do have a boy, I can't wait to get pictures of him with his dogs...especially Molly since she is a baby now and will likely grow up with our child.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yeah it's cute, they like to watch tv together. LOL And play outside of course. They're playing right now and it's great to hear Josh giggling and squealing.

Myles, I hope the stress at work eases up for you as well as Mandy.

I just finished my 2nd week at my new job (can you believe it? I can't!). It's wonderful. It truly is. I love it and I love the people I work with. I've already bonded really tight with Faye. She's Christian and said today she has a strong faith, but earlier this week I mentioned I wasn't religious (we were talking about Ash Wednesday) and she didn't even bat an eye. I don't think it matters to her. It certainly doesn't matter to me. She's a good person, funny, patient, intelligent...well, they all are really (there are 7 of us in this IT group) but Faye is most definitely my work-bff.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yeah it's cute, they like to watch tv together. LOL And play outside of course. They're playing right now and it's great to hear Josh giggling and squealing.
    I gotta go check out those pics!

There's only a couple good ones so far Chrissy! LOL

I'm glad you like your coworkers so much!

Chrissy, I'm so jealous of your job. I wish that I loved my job like you love yours. Oh well, such is life!

Wanted to poke my head in and say I've been MIA for a bit and I don't have a lot of time to catch up right now. Hopefully this weekend I can chat a bit though
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    Chrissy, I'm so jealous of your job. I wish that I loved my job like you love yours. Oh well, such is life!

Wanted to poke my head in and say I've been MIA for a bit and I don't have a lot of time to catch up right now. Hopefully this weekend I can chat a bit though
    I do hope you get a chance to poke in and visit with us. How are things?

It's only week two, so it remains to be seen if this job will be all that awesome, but so far so good. And I think I work with a great group of people, at least in IT. Everyone I've had to support so far has been very sweet and nice too, but I'm sure that there are the 'characters' too. You have them in any office. We currently support 400 users and will be expanding soon.

Things are OK. I still hate my work schedule just as much as I always do I swear if I could work NORMAL hours I would be a much happier person overall.

There are definitely "characters" out there in every job. I'm lucky enough to only work with one person in particular that just grates on my nerves but my team overall is pretty darn good. There's only 8 of us though

What kind of support do you do now?
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Ahhh! I came to the realization this week that one package of meat is not enough for us any more! I use mostly ground beef/turkey/chicken which is one lb of meat and i already hardly eat any unless there is some left after everyone is done. Lately even without me eating it, we barely scrape by. My big kids are getting so big! And Sawyer loves his meat. Lawd, I home dbf gets that job. Food is such a huge expense for us.

Kate, I just saw the pics on fb. Your new dog is so cute. i love his sweet face.

Am I the only one who is not friends with y'all on FB? Sadcakes!

Well, that can be fixed! I'll PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    Things are OK. I still hate my work schedule just as much as I always do I swear if I could work NORMAL hours I would be a much happier person overall.

There are definitely "characters" out there in every job. I'm lucky enough to only work with one person in particular that just grates on my nerves but my team overall is pretty darn good. There's only 8 of us though

What kind of support do you do now?
    Are normal hours an option at some point? Mine are Mon-Fri, 8-4:30. It's hourly, but that means at 4:30 I stop what I'm doing and I'm out the door. I love that.

I pretty much do the same thing as before, only for Alumni Affairs and Development, rather than Arts & Sciences. AA&D is more streamlined and they have a tight active directory network and utilize SCCM. They're getting '12 soon and I hope to start learning that once I gain the SCCM guy's trust. I'm making myself available to him, taking care of some of his backlog tickets, and pretty much kissing ass so he'll teach me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Ahhh! I came to the realization this week that one package of meat is not enough for us any more! I use mostly ground beef/turkey/chicken which is one lb of meat and i already hardly eat any unless there is some left after everyone is done. Lately even without me eating it, we barely scrape by. My big kids are getting so big! And Sawyer loves his meat. Lawd, I home dbf gets that job. Food is such a huge expense for us.

Kate, I just saw the pics on fb. Your new dog is so cute. i love his sweet face.
    How soon will he know if he got that job? I can't remember the last time we only cooked 1 lb of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    We're probably not friends on FB but the only reason I can say that with certainty is because your daughter doesn't look familiar I swear I have friends on there that I cannot match their screen name with their real name. Sometimes I can figure out who is who by the pics of their kids.

I'll PM you too Suja and anyone else I'm not friends with. Just let me know

ps-I do know who all you are. And most my apa friends, for that matter. There are only a few that I'm not 100% sure of.

LOL Chrissy! There are a few people I have to think about who they are when I see them post. I had one woman tell me she knew me through someone I know from church but I have no idea who she is. I added her anyway because she is indeed friends with that person and I'm pretty bad with names. It could be someone I met at a church moms get together or something. But it still weirds me out.

So I have no idea how much attention Bo needs...we seem to be tiring him out alright but I feel bad when he's on the couch and I'm in the office. I don't feel bad about not giving the cats as much attention because they're very independent.

Also-what kind of rawhide/other gnawing things should I get for him? I'm afraid of buying something that's not right for his size or breed or something he's going to choke on since he loves to tear at stuff.

Also! about the Kong-that's the red rubber thing you put treats in right? I got one, but not sure if it's the right size. He was able to get the treats out easily. And I don't want to give him a lot of treats, right?

Haha sorry for all the questions. Maybe I should join a dog board instead of spamming you guys with questions.
    Last edited by daylilies; 02-24-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Chrissy, he says it's a sure thing and he's flying out to learn the ropes mid march-ish. I have to see it happening before I'll say it's happening. Ya dig?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Haha sorry for all the questions. Maybe I should join a dog board instead of spamming you guys with questions.
    Ha! You're fine. I wish I had answers. I honestly never put that much thought into it with our dogs. They came out all right. I just bought stuff that looked fun to me. Or things that my friends had for their dogs that my dogs took an interest in. We used to take Missy to my dad's all the time and my dad had the coolest toys for his dogs. Whatever Missy showed interest in there, I'd try to buy her.

I know you have to give them exercise and walk them every day, but one great thing about dogs is that they will let you know when they need attention. Generally, that's when they start getting in 'trouble' but it's not unlike a 2-year-old child really. I'm sure Josh will help a lot with keeping Bo occupied. Conner has Harley-those two play constantly together. I'm afraid poor Harley would be morbidly obese if he had to rely on us to exercise him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Chrissy, he says it's a sure thing and he's flying out to learn the ropes mid march-ish. I have to see it happening before I'll say it's happening. Ya dig?
    I dig

I get small cylinders of rawhide rolled up. We had some choking incidents with the large flat strips but never with the rolls.

I don't mind the questions at all! I just have no answers. lol

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I'm not friends with anyone on FB, but that's because I don't FB. Mostly.

I actually have an account, and maintain it to keep up with distant family and people I know in real life, and for high school reunions and with the other mods in case APA goes down, but I never post. I actually found a high school classmate a while ago and requested him for a friend and he accepted, and then never replied to his comment, and I'm worried that he's going to think I'm some weird Facebook stalker. I go through periods of thinking I should just delete my account entirely, but DH an I are not that great about keeping up with people--he is much worse, and he will occasionally say, "I wonder what Dave's been up to lately?" and I can just check on FB and say, "Oh, he's backpacking through Chile right now!"

------------

To update you all on my kid situation, my pedi wrote back and said that if I didn't complete the 10-day course of antibiotics, I would run the risk of having S. develop a recurrent ear infection requiring a more nasty antibiotic, and esp. for kids under age 2 it is really recommended to complete the course. He said it was not brain damage because his fever didn't get up to 106 (whew) and that probiotics certainly could be helpful for some antibiotic-related side effects (I'm paraphrasing big-time here), he couldn't say whether or not this was one and if they would help for it. But they couldn't hurt.

I had already gotten some probiotics and had given him a couple, and he was very cheerful. DH was inclined to stop the antibiotics anyway, but we only have two more days and I don't know for sure that it's causing him to rage and I don't want a relapse. We can survive two more days.

Oh, and by the way, the twins were vomiting like crazy today. My mom had to launder the sheets and clean the table and floors and stuff. The whole house smelled like puke. I stopped on the way home for juice, probiotics, and at the eye doctor because DH somehow ran out of contact lenses. It was a frantic afternoon of errands. But my mom didn't clean anything well. The sheets were back on the bed, but they were all kind of crusty and spotted and still smelled like vomit. The kitchen table had apparently been wiped off with baby wipes and still had debris on it. I re-cleaned the whole kitchen when I got home. I hate vomity illnesses, and there has been really virulent norovirus going around. And then I felt bad for my mom, who obviously had a bad day.

Well DANG, Lydia. It's time for your household to catch a break.

Wow Lydia! When I feel like I'm having a bad day, I'll keep these last few days of yours in mind ;)

I totally feel like this is like having another baby. I'm so focused on doing everything "right".

Bo follows me everywhere. I can't get up to get a drink without him getting off the couch and poking his nose in the fridge with me. That's why I feel like he's attention starved or something.
    Josh has been a little trying since we got Bo. He echoes me when I'm trying to command Bo, waves toys around when I'm trying to get him to go to the bathroom outside, etc. When he went to bed he said "Bo gets a lot of attention. I want more attention too." I felt so bad. I tried to explain that Bo is like the baby of the house now and that Josh is a big kid. I know Josh is just trying to help.

Oh L! How tiresome and exhausting. You guys really do need a break already.

Kate, it's absolutely normal for the dog to follow you everywhere. My Missy is constantly with me. If I don't let her in the bathroom with me (or if I'm in a hurry and get in there before she can scooch in) she'll push the door wide open and waltz right on in. Our door doesn't latch completely. I cannot wait till that's fixed.

Yeah! Our bathroom door closes, or he'd do the same thing.

How do I do the "leave it" command (I think it was Jennifer who suggested this)? Any other tips for not chasing the cats?

LOL about following you everywhere. Dogs just do that - they are pack animals and they want nothing more than to be involved in whatever it is that you, as the pack leader, are doing. That's the biggest difference between dogs and cats. Pretty much it doesn't stop until they get old and arthritic, and sometimes not even then. But the unconditional love is wonderful, if slightly annoying.

They do need more attention than cats, but don't worry too much about it. Like Chrissy said, they tell you when they are bored by getting into trouble. Actually they are a lot like 2 year olds. Some show I watched compared the mental ability of dogs to two year old humans and I totally believe it.

I'll keep that in mind!

The way we taught "leave it" was with a yummy treat. First the dogs needed to know "down". Then from there, we placed a little morsel in front of his/her nose and said "leave it". If the doggie went for it, a cupped hand covered it. As soon as the dog looked away, we smiled and shouted "Yes!" and uncovered the treat for him/her to eat. It was a surprisingly quick lesson to teach.

Chrissy, I'm so happy to hear you're liking the new job. Yay!
    Last edited by demigraf; 02-25-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Oh, and Kate, I really love the fact that this is practically a dog forum in here. Lots of knowledgable dog owners in the house. I love dog talk, so please keep the topic alive.