Page 948 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 44884889893894694794894995095899810481448 ... LastLast
Results 28,411 to 28,440 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Briget, that's a rough start to your day!

Khan has fecal incontinence, so I often find presents when I come downstairs. He was such a fastidious dog, it distresses him. I just clean up and move on. Although I don't think of my dogs as my kids at all, they own a big piece of my heart. Cleaning up in his old age is the least I can do, considering what an amazing dog he is. He's become a crotchety old dawg in his old age, though. Maybe it happens to all of us.

We'll celebrate Khan's 11th Got Day on Feb 20th. There will be frozen custard. Three child scoop vanilla - one for the kid, and one each for the dogs, and probably a pineapple creamy for the driver

By me I see way more strollers and carriers than baby wearing. So if you are out and about and wearing baby instead of a stroller...what do you with the diaper bag and purse...carry those too?

Last night I was trying to hold Molly and be on the computer at the same time and was thinking it would be handy to have had a sling for her. LOL

Aww Bridget, I love my furballs and I would NOT be happy with stinky mess all over. I get crabby enough if the little one accidently steps back after using her box and I have to clean off a paw.
    It could be food or just her. I have my girls both on the same food...and Cosmo gets some people food with her medicine. She rarely has gas and if she does, it's not smelly. Baby eats the same food she does, same treats...doesn't get people food. And I'm like, DANG, something that smelly should not come out of someone so young and small. It was really bad when we were switching their foods and it has gotten better...but still she has days sometimes where she blows off a few good ones.
    Is the kitty getting milk? I always thought cats loved milk until I recently read that they are lactose intolerant! Milk is a big no-no.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I loved baby wearing Nolan All I had was the Moby, but it was wonderful since he never wanted to be put down. I wore that thing all the time! He's gotten to be such a busy body now that he won't have it unless he's sleepy

I Baby Legs too, I have way too many They are especially useful now that he's crawling!

Bridget

Suja I never thought of celebrating a "Got Day" Any excuse for a party is a good one to me!

I won't go into too many particulars about last night, but basically let's just say that my dad (I don't know if ya'll remember me mentioning how he used to be violent when I was younger) got drunk last night and did some things he can never take back. He will never again be a part of my lifeand we can only hope that he accepts that and does not come back to my home.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Since we BF'd I didn't really carry a diaper bag too much. I left it in the car and went back to it (depending on where we were) when he needed a butt-butt (I know oh so technical) change. They have back-pack diaper bags that I considered getting when Nolan was younger, but since we were never gone more than an hour or two I never worried about it.

MMm, Bridget, I had a beer last night after the daycare kids left too. Perfect way to end a busy day!

And I have a moby, but barely use it. I have another wrap style carrier that has a fabric print panel on the front, called a Lovey Duds that I wear all the time. <3 Me loves baby wearing.

And I want to get a mei tei, but you're all right, they're expensive. Well, any baby wearing gear is. 60 bucks or so for the one I'm eyeballing which isnt' SO bad, so we'll see. Maybe my birthday gift to myself (and Seren) in May.

**Lizzo**

Oh and diaper bags, I try not to bring it in if I don't have a cart (grocery store) to put it in. BUT I brought it in the museum with us last Sunday and regreted it completely. I thought they had lockers but they didn't, so instead of taking it back out to the car, I carried it around. It was cold outside, and it was just me and the two kids, so I didn't wanna go back out.

I easily could have just put the $20 in my pocket and called it good. But since it was cold, I had a blanket to Cover S as we walked in. And diapers since we were there a while. Oh wells. Live and learn!

**Lizzo**

If I'm somewhere with a cart, I just toss the diaper bag in there. My purse is teeny tiny with a long, thin strap, so I will either put it over my head and one shoulder or put what I need in my pocket. If I have my cell and debit card, I'm good to go. If we are someplace with no cart, I will either leave the bag in the car and return for what I need, or have DH carry a backpack if we are not near the car. I can also cram one diaper and some wipes in the small pocket on my ergo.
    AKA Lisa724

Big Christina.

Many adoptive families also celebrate Gotcha Day....either day they were brought home or day it was finalized in court. Not sure I will do those yet or not. We will have birthday, bring home will be just a few weeks later. Finalization happens 6 months after baby comes home with us....so maybe that day we might do something since it will be a half year later. Not sure yet.

LOL I don't have a small purse. Basically I almost always have a water bottle in my purse and a book plus other stuff....bandaid, pills, inhaler, various cc's and shopper cards and license, pens, highlighter, notepad, kleenex, lip gloss, hand sanitizer, calculator, cell, business cards, keys, insurance cards.....just a few things I can think of right now that is in my purse. DH and I both tend to overpack so I can see us doing that with a diaper bag too....especially if we were going to do an outting and go to the twin cities or something where we would be gone for a number of hours.

Especially if MIL is living with us when we have a baby, we will HAVE to have a stroller. She is not going to be baby wearing and loves to push things....even if we are window shopping, she grabs a cart to push. MIL and i were already in the store though trying them out and picked out the one I will get.

So the sun is out and it's nice and warm again today...upper 30's!!! This has been such a warm easy winter for us. Last winter we had something like 70 inches of snow. So far we have had 16-17 inches.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ick Bridget. We had a cat like that too and i know what you mean when you say you love her but...I had the same feelings. Our cat had some intestinal issue and not only needed special cat food from the vet (spendy) but some powder dumped on as well. It was fun keeping him away from Callie's food because he didn't like his powdered rations.

Christina. I don't know what's going on, but it must have been really bad for you to come to that decision. You know you can always share with us, or pm me if you're not comfortable with it being public. We're here for you.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Many adoptive families also celebrate Gotcha Day....either day they were brought home or day it was finalized in court. Not sure I will do those yet or not. We will have birthday, bring home will be just a few weeks later. Finalization happens 6 months after baby comes home with us....so maybe that day we might do something since it will be a half year later. Not sure yet.
    Awww, I know it's not the same thing, but we celebrate Cramer's Gotchu Day too. It was 4/18. His Hatchday was 12/5.

Whether you carry or use a stroller, it's a matter of personal preference and what works best for you. I used a stroller with my 3 girls and I'm here to tell you we're no less bonded than me & Conner. I have read some people claim that sticking a baby in a stroller messes with the bonding. It's all BS and it makes me so angry when any mother try so hard to make other mothers feel bad about their choices. No one in here has done that, but I'm sure we've all seen/heard those sorts of statements.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Christina. I don't know what's going on, but it must have been really bad for you to come to that decision. You know you can always share with us, or pm me if you're not comfortable with it being public. We're here for you.
    Thank you Chrissy I appreciate that. When I sort through my own emotions I may just take you up on that

I agree it is personal preference! While I love babywearing I also have a stroller that got alot of use too. BW'ing was easiest when I was by myself with him, but if we went to the flea market or something like that we always used the stroller so that he could look around and I could give him toys to play with, plus we coud all pile our purses and purchases in the bottom.

It is a warm winter here too, almost 50 today! And there is almost no snow on the ground. Last year at this time, the snow banks around my driveway were taller than me! Funny how it can vary so much from year to year.
    AKA Lisa724

Christina.

I can't remember the exact dates I adopted my doggies. So we've never had a gotcha day. I think I can remember the exact day my littler dog ate my UGG boot as a puppy, though. She won't be getting a custard for that.

Speaking of bw'ing , I loved seeing so many daddies wearing their kids at the Chinese New Years parade, even in wrap carriers. My DH felt it was unmanly and would only use the Bjorn & Ergo. .

My DH wouldn't do the wrap either, but he did wear Nolan in a carrier quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Awww, I know it's not the same thing, but we celebrate Cramer's Gotchu Day too. It was 4/18. His Hatchday was 12/5.

Whether you carry or use a stroller, it's a matter of personal preference and what works best for you. I used a stroller with my 3 girls and I'm here to tell you we're no less bonded than me & Conner. I have read some people claim that sticking a baby in a stroller messes with the bonding. It's all BS and it makes me so angry when any mother try so hard to make other mothers feel bad about their choices. No one in here has done that, but I'm sure we've all seen/heard those sorts of statements.

Awww HatchDay!

I'm not worried about bonding at all with a stroller. I know my parents had one for me and I remember them using it for my sister. It was just to funny to me that was one of the few MUST haves on my list and something not used by others. Nobody in here is all judgey why this room is so fun to chat in. Though maybe if I was trying to say something like a carseat isn't necessary, you all would be right to judge that. LOL

The travel system and pack and play might be the only things I buy before we get a call....least we can put baby to sleep in a safe place and get him/her home. Especially if we have to travel to the other side of the state and have to spend the first night in a hotel....pack and play will be useful.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I don't remember the exact days the girls came home either....well Molly I could figure out easily since it was only a few months ago. But getting them as puppies, we know their birthdays. Cosmo is 9-6-2003 and Molly is 9-25-2011
    Cosmo LOVES custard (and Culvers where we get the custard) but Molly hasn't gotten any. Usually though we get a new toy or two for a birthday.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I love that there is no judgement in this thread too, Jennifer. We are all so different and that's the best part about it, imo.
    I didn't wear Savana and Kai nearly as much as I wore Sawyer. It was for survival at that point! lol I needed my hands!

Hi guys!
    I never figured out how to get Josh in the mei tai if I was out and about. At home, I seem to recall having to lay him on the carrier and then pick it up and hold him with one hand while I tried to figure out how to tie the thing with the other hand. I have no idea how you do that when you're trying to get him from the carseat to the carrier. I watched videos and everything and couldn't figure it out.

I got called in last minute to work at another school cafeteria today. It was a much bigger school than the last one I got called for and it was pizza day so it was pretty crazy. It was good though. It was actually the school Josh will be going to next year, so it was fun to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    ...Though maybe if I was trying to say something like a carseat isn't necessary, you all would be right to judge that. LOL
    Yeah, there might be some tactful words about something like that!!

Kate-that's great that you got to check out Josh's school. I still feel a pang whenever I think of our 'babies' going to school. I'm happy and excited, of course, but man it's rough sometimes!

I know! It's going to be so weird sending him out for the whole day without me!
    The kindergarteners were so cute though.

Yeah for friends who are smart and realize that we don't have to all be the same! I actually broke up with a high school friend over that. He disagreed with my relationship with DH and thought I was too young to be serious and steady. I was 19 almost 20 when we started dating so probably almost 21 when we had a huge fight about it and stopped talking. Oh and that I knew I wasn't cut out to work with the populations of people he did doing social work. And than he referred to another friend (my bff) as a breeder when she said she was pg when we were 24. Saw him once the one time I went to a bar when we mid-20's and are friends on FB but that is it. Weird when we were all super close back in school.

Now BFF and I make different lifestyle choices...like I would never be interested in her DH (he's nice enough) and I know mine would irritate her. or what we think should be a money priority is different, parent styles is most likely different (but I do think that she is a good mom!), I know she doesn't totally get my relationship with my dogs. We can talk hot button issues and not totally agree but it always been all good.

Aww Kate that must have been cool to check out the school in action!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

oh there is nothing worse than cat puke or poop, anytime of day. My sweet cat, who lived 17 years, had major problems with puking and constipation. Poor little guy.

Christina, I am so sorry. Big hugs to you.

We went on two school tours today, and one classroom was having free time, and wow were they LOUD. Even Gilly covered his ears and told me "these kids are too loud"
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I am so sorry you lost friends over that kind of stuff, Jennifer! That sucks. I get really annoyed at people who act angry about a friend finding someone to love. As if they are feeling jilted or something. Isn't that what we should all want for our friends? My irl friends and I have pretty little in common actually as far as parenting and lifestyles in general. I wouldn't change a thing about most of them (except maybe their jerk husbands).

Oh, when I worked in the preschool classroom at a daycare center we had 23 kids and the noise level was insane during free play. The last year I worked there I had an awesome co teacher and every single day we'd split the class into 2 during free play and took 1/2 somewhere else- to the gym, outside, to an empty room, anywhere. Divide and conquer was the way we saw it

Just dropping in to say hey, y'all! My DH has the week off and Travis has had the week off school as well (the way school works here is that they go 6 weeks and then get a full week off all throughout the year til mid July and then they have a 6 week break and go back to the same cycle starting early September). So, I've not been online much with just hanging out with the boys and enjoying our time together. The weather hasn't been great and we're all a little poorly with the sniffles and stuff, but it's nice to all be together. I've been reading along with everyone's comments but not had time to write out a reply. Thanks for everyone's comments on the glasses issue. I'll let you all know how it goes on Monday when T has his eyes dilated and picks out some frames.

Christina, I missed what you said about your dad before. I'm sorry

Oh, gosh, yeah, Christina, I meant to say I'm really sorry to hear that about your dad. We're all here for you if you need us. (hugs)

And Bridget, sorry your kitty cat made such a mess. The poor little thing must need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Christina, I missed what you said about your dad before. I'm sorry
    Me too. You know you can PM me too if you need a shoulder/ear/whatever body part you need.

**Lizzo**

Christina, I'm so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    oh there is nothing worse than cat puke or poop, anytime of day.
    DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE EATING OR THINKING ABOUT EATING. SKIP ENTIRELY IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

I can tell you what's worse than puke. Regurgitated poop

A friend of mine once drove a long way to pick up a soon to be foster dog. She was on the highway when she noticed the stench, and figured the dog must've pooped in the car (happened to me too, with a transport I was doing). She looked in her rear view mirror to see the dog eating what it had produced. EWWWWWWW!!! The dog would gorge itself on poop, and then of course puke on top of it. He was a resource guarder, and would guard his puke.

The dog ended up being PTS, BTW. He was way too eager to use his teeth.

Oh em gee, Suja, as the kids say these days. lol. I think I might not ever get a pet after reading that! I think about how happy I was when Travis potty trained and am looking forward to Cash doing the same soon and maybe my days of dealing with other creatures' poo are coming to an end!