Page 934 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 43483488492493293393493593694498410341434 ... LastLast
Results 27,991 to 28,020 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yeah I feel like you do Erin. I mean all the fighting with the ribbons and "for the cure"....seriously breast cancer is awful and needs prevention/cures. But so do all other forms of cancer.

Suja, that is good to know about shelties. I will try to remember that. I knew two as a kid growing up but don't recall if they were yappy or not. I personally don't really care but barking drives DH crazy and Cosmo is awful about that. We have been working on that with her...learning quiet. Throwing in Molly didn't help....gives her a good reason to bark. I think Cosmo just likes the sound of her own voice....and just has to get in that last ruff.

Kate, a dog that has manners shouldn't be jumping up on you. Definitely something you can train a dog not to do. Cosmo definitely doesn't do it and eventually Molly will not either. Even though they are smaller, it's still not polite or nice.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm glad they changed their minds but I do not support them either. Like I said before, our family puts our money towards hospice care for those suffering. They were so amazing to my mom and to us. When my dad said he wanted to take her home they did not even flinch and they made it happen. They also had nurses on call and coming in regularly to make sure she was comfortable in her final days. Also prevention is key. But I'm repeating myself. I'm just not a big believer in "the cure". Cancer just keeps changing and mutating as they come up with more drugs to fight the latest form.

For my stalkers, today's primary symptom is boob pain.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I have never been so happy to hear about boob pain.

Lol!

I should also mention I have an enormous, teenage-style zit right on my cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Haha!

Lol!

I should also mention I have an enormous, teenage-style zit right on my cheek.

Yay? LOL

We sure are a strange bunch. When are you planning to test, Mandy? The natives are getting restless. And before you ask, YES, it is all about US.

Maybe tomorrow am. So long as you all remember I'm not on east coast time. ;)

So you're not getting up at 3 a.m. your time to test? Come on!

Probably more like ten. Which will be noon your time!

In my defense, if I'm going to have triplets I'd better sleep all I can now!

Haha yes, enjoy it now

Probably more like ten. Which will be noon your time!
    *sniff* Mandy doesn't love us

In my defense, if I'm going to have triplets I'd better sleep all I can now!
    True, dat.

Maybe tomorrow am. So long as you all remember I'm not on east coast time. ;)
    So much hope for you! And yay for boob pain and acne!

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Mandy, woohoo!!!. In the 1st trimester my face brokeout terribly, it can be a sign for sure.

kate, I love German Shepherds, we had one growing up. My folks got her when I was 6 years old and she was the best dog ever ever. So loving to our family,and a very good watch dog too. When I was little I played dress up with my pets, I put little dresses on my cat, and our Cocker Spaniel, but the only thing that fit our big old Shepherd was my dad's sweatshirts. My sweet Shepherd would sit in the garage panting, while I taught school to my "students". She was the best dog. But they shed like crazy. I am talking tumbleweeds blowing through your house. My niece has one now, and I see GS's from the oppposite side now. The dog is crazy protective of my niece, so he has to be put away when I come over with Gilly. GS have a loud, I mean business bark-there is a reason they are trained as police dogs. He has barked at Gilly before and made him cry, so we have to put him away. And GS need a lot of exercise or agility training. Something to keep them busy.

Have you looked at the Irish Terrier? My neighbor has one and she is the cutest, friendliest dog. Gilly just loves her, she's friendly, medium sized and sheds very little. Living in Florida the shedding aspect is important to me, maybe not to you though.

So glad to hear about the SGK. We were watching the news and I told dh all about it, he had to listen to me go on and on about it.

I definitely agree with Hospice getting my support. Our local Hospice was incredible with my mom. The staff was so caring, it takes a special person to work at Hospice.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Mandy ,

Shelley, that hospice must have been a great comfort to you and your family at a sad time. Good on them!

Yeah, we've always had cats so we already have cat hair everywhere. What's a little dog hair? LOL

I just googled Irish Terrier. They are cute!
    My mom thinks we should get a Portuguese water dog because she says they don't shed and so they don't cause allergies. But we don't know anyone who's allergic to dogs, so I don't really see why that matters. They are awfully cute though.

I guess I'm just intimidated because everyone says dogs are so much work. I'm used to cats, which are no work at all. But I mean, every little boy is entitled to a puppy, aren't they?

Mandy, it's 11:30 here, woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Too little, too late here as well. I am sending my money elsewhere.
    Agreed. They've left a horrible, bitter taste in my mouth after this stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I was going to say the exact same thing!

Kate, puppies are a lot of work. I'll never have another one again because I just don't want to go through it ever, ever again. If we're ever in the market for a dog, it will be an adult. At least 2, preferably older. It's not like they can't learn and I think it's easier to determine their temperament when they're older. Black/golden labs have got to be about the best family dog, but I really wouldn't choose based on breed. I'd consider any dog.

We have a Shelty and he does bark more often than my maltipoo. We got him because the neighbors complained about him barking all the time at my brother-in-law's house and they even got ticketed twice for it. I don't know if it's because we live in the country or what, but I don't see his barking as that much of a problem. He only gets excited if someone pulls in our driveway or if a motorcycle goes by. Or a bicycle. But it's very short lived barking. Either the neighbors were real asses, or being out of the city calmed him down. Either way, I love him to pieces.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I tested. Evap line, I think. There was no color but I could definitely see a "line." It may just be too early...

And boob pain is still ongoing.

I came on here to see if you got a line.

I am like sooooooo excited for you Mandy and IMO a line is a line!!

Are you going to do a digital?

Erin

Did you take a pic of the test? I wanna see!

Erin

No, I didn't take a picture. It looks negative. I could only see some white when I held it up to the sun at a certain angle. No pink at all. A picture would definitely look negative.

It could be too early! When do you think you'll test again?

The doctor said to call Monday and they would put in an order for a blood test if I didn't have AF. That's only two days from now. I think I'm just going to wait for the blood test.

That's what I'd do too. Fingers crossed!

Mandy do you normally get boob pain? Sounds like a good sign!

Kate, as much complaining as I have been doing about a puppy, I have done it twice and I would do it again. And 100% plan on doing a puppy class....and try to find one that they will let you bring Josh. We had whole families at ours and they really want to get the kids on board with the training. And just know you are in for a few months of hard work. But it doesn't last as long as a human baby.

Just this morning I was snuggling Molly and said to DH that it seemed like the past few days she isn't biting as much. She will be 19 weeks tomorrow.

I don't know anything about cats but dogs are a lot of work. But they are worth it and putting in the work gets you a great family member. Cosmo hasn't been work for years now....really it's just that first year or slightly more that is the most work.

Some ideas might be to take Josh to a local dog show and meet many breeds, see if there is a local doggie daycare or school and talk to them about specific breeds. There is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. Some people react to some breeds more than others.

Hmmm, have you looked at a Brittnay Spaniel? Active, smart and easy to train and good family dogs but are a medium size.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Mandy, we'll just move the vigil to Monday.

I wouldn't recommend a Brittany for a novice dog owner, unless they are very, very active. A lot of the hunting breed dogs need massive amounts of exercise.

I'm not active but Josh is. LOL We have a nice fenced in yard and I could see all of us out there playing but I'd be the one throwing the ball and I picture Josh and the dog having races to get to it first.
    I appreciate all your advice on dogs. I hope to talk to DH later and try to get him psyched up for looking for an older dog on petfinder. If we find we like having a dog in general then maybe someday we'll go the puppy route but right now I'm not sure I have it in me to raise a puppy.

I have to brag about Josh for a second. We went to Target to pick up a few things. DH is not feeling well today so he stayed home. I told Josh he could get a small toy at Target and instead he chose to get a set of heart shaped measuring spoons and a box of brownie mix to make for DH.

Mandy!!

Josh is such a darling!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Mandy, I never got positive tests until after AF was due, except I think with the twins it might have been just before. Hoping and hoping and hoping for you!!!!!!!

What a sweetie Josh is.

Fingers still crossed for you, Mandy. Good luck for Monday!

Josh is such a sweety, Kate!