Page 930 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 43083088092092892993093193294098010301430 ... LastLast
Results 27,871 to 27,900 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm 9 days post IUI today, and IUI was timed to coincide with ovulation after the trigger shot. So tomorrow would be like 10 DPO which is the earliest you could expect a positive. I am NOT the type of person who does well emotionally testing early and getting negatives - much easier to wait it out. I am trying to wait until Sunday which would be 14 days post IUI. I suppose Monday is the day AF would be due. The doctor's office told me to call if I didn't get AF. But if I can't stand waiting I might test earlier than Sunday.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

What is really increasing my phantom-pregnancy related insanity is the fact that the upper uterine cramping coincided with 7days post IUI, which would be just about the time of implantation. If people do actually experience cramping with implantation? It's pretty rare. And I have a great imagination. Didn't consider that until after the change in crampiness, though.

Mandy, I cramped for weeks leading up to my BFP. I kept expecting af, but it never came. I really hope this is for you!!!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Mandy, I cramped for weeks leading up to my BFP. I kept expecting af, but it never came. I really hope this is for you!!!
    Oh, you made me happy to hear that!

I usually get cramps on Day 1-2 of AF. Not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    What is really increasing my phantom-pregnancy related insanity is the fact that the upper uterine cramping coincided with 7days post IUI, which would be just about the time of implantation. If people do actually experience cramping with implantation? It's pretty rare. And I have a great imagination. Didn't consider that until after the change in crampiness, though.
    Women definitely DO experience implantation cramping. It's all over this board.

I can only imagine the amount of willpower it would take to hold off testing. I got a bit freaky (mental) when I was TTCing Conner. I remember even thinking to myself at the time, if I'm this nuts ttcing after having 3 kids, it must be pure torture to go through this for your first for months on end. It really made me have a lot of empathy. I wish I could express it better.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I had implantation cramping with every pregnancy. It was just like you said, I didn't really think about it until after it subsided then thought "What was that?"

for you!

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I don't know, Mandy. I've already made it painfully clear I don't know much about how that whole system works ;) But I didn't want to ignore you. I'm sorry you're getting ignored in the other room.

Me I'm the type to test as soon as I get an odd feeling. I can't stand to wait for much of anything. But I totally understand with not wanting to do it when it's really too early.

I might test Fri or Sat, especially if I'm still tired and crampy.

Eek! I'm so excited for you!

Myles, did you break out your potty dance? Where be the video?

L, that's pretty weird. Hope you can figure out quickly what's going on.

Mandy, could be that you're knocked up I sure hope that's what it is. You're getting close to the point where you can pee on the stick, right?

Had a hugely hectic day. Still have work to finish up, and no motivation to do it. Feel like a horrible parent because I stuck a DVD in and let the kid sit in front of the TV for 30 minutes while I worked. DH got takeout because I had no time to cook. Heck, I was even late feeding the dogs.

Oh great, now the site where I have to do some reporting is down. That's what I get for stopping to eat dinner, I guess.

Oh no! 30 minutes of TV? Better make sure her brain isn't mush! ;)

Josh gets 30 minutes of tv first thing in the morning and last thing before bed, and some in between, and he's very bright and happy. It bugs me so much when people look down on tv time like it's killing our children or something. I mean yes I get it it's bad when a kid watches 8 hours a day and never plays outside or has friends over and eats junk food while watching but I think people are getting over-vigilant about it now.

Suja, if 30 minutes of TV makes you feel like a bad parent then I should be locked up in prison for the rest of my life.

Fingers crossed for you Mandy.

I am having trouble breathing again, same thing as a year ago. I know it is psychosomatic, but I feel like I am not getting enough air and it is freaking me out.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

How terrifying! I hope it gets better very soon.

It's not that she doesn't watch TV, but she never watches it alone, and I've never used it as a way to just keep her out of my hair. I just feel like I failed big time at being Suzy Homemaker today.

She'll be fine. Once in a while is not going to hurt her.

Oh I know. You should've seen her, crashed out on the couch all zombified. Normally, that's the time we spend singing and dancing and chasing each other around. Before the big 'I don't want to sleep' fight. Today, I probably spent none. It was work, fight before nap, work some more and fight before bedtime.

I'm sorry. That does suck.

I can relate to what you're feeling, Suja. I go there quite a bit when I feel like I'm just doing things - work-related - just to satisfy other people's priorities. You've seen the time management matrix, with time divided into 4 quadrants? ...

time_management_quadrants.jpg

When I'm working, it's often all QIII - "Urgent" (to others) but "Not important" (to me). Aka "other people's bs"... whereas playing with my kid, shaping him and building his happiness is pure QII. That's where I always want to be. Although, with enough stress from QI & QIII, I naturally gravitate toward QIV.

Mandy... I wish so hard that it's what we all hope it is. I do vaguely remember cramping just before my BFP, for what that's worth.

L, you know your body better than anyone else. I hope you get to the bottom of what doesn't feel right. I do hope it's absolutely nothing, though.

Katy, did you see a doctor about those symptoms last year? Would you see one now about them? I'm wondering... does anything in particular set them off? Like Lydia, I'm hoping they're not an indication of anything going on physically with you.

Just got done with work. Which started at 9 in the morning. I'm considering taking the day off or at least the afternoon off tomorrow to take Mira to the park. It's unseasonably warm these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Oh I know. You should've seen her, crashed out on the couch all zombified. Normally, that's the time we spend singing and dancing and chasing each other around. Before the big 'I don't want to sleep' fight. Today, I probably spent none. It was work, fight before nap, work some more and fight before bedtime.
    Yes, when I see that zombie look on JoJo's face when she is watching tv it does cause me a deal of guilt.

I never did see anyone about it last time, it just faded away. I was surprised by this bout of breathlessness becaus ei don't feel like I am under a tremendous amount of stress at the moment. I will have to see how I feel tomorrow. Took half a clonin to try to stay calm.

Lydia, I hope it is just a weird hormone spurt that calms down for you. Are you on any sort of hormonal bc?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Just got done with work. Which started at 9 in the morning. I'm considering taking the day off or at least the afternoon off tomorrow to take Mira to the park. It's unseasonably warm these days.
    You definitely should!

Katy, do you think it could be a seasonal allergy that is causing it, considering it is coming on the same time of year?

Suja, definitely take her to the park. That sounds lovely.

Katy, maybe you should see someone. Even if you don't feel stressed right now it could be a delayed reaction to stress. Or an allergy.

Lydia, I hope everything is ok. I get really freaked out when my body is wacky is too.
    Katy, I'm not one to rush to the dr but that would scare me too.

And count me in among the over-vigilant. Eh, I've been called worse. Although, I certainly don't think a child's brain will turn to mush from moderate tv.

Gwenn, I am just thinking about you all the time. Not in a creepy way. I just want that bfp for you and your dh SO bad. Feel free to stay in here with your journey. We're all on it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    We're all on it with you.
    Agreed.

But B, there's nothing wrong with creepy.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Katy, do you think it could be a seasonal allergy that is causing it, considering it is coming on the same time of year?
    I agree with this Katy. One of my allergy symptoms is breathlessness, usually I get it around March though as I have horrible Spring allergies here in the SE. We have extremely high pollen counts, so high that you can see the pollen and it leaves blankets all over the place outside by April. Usually at the beginning of March I start to wheeze, like an asthmatic wheeze. I usually just take a claritin and it goes away. I also have an inhaler as it is hard to breathe during that time of year for me, which is why I like to go out more in the fall and winter here than in summer or spring. In summer it is too freaking hot and in spring I feel like I cannot breathe. I used to break out in hives all over my body too from the pollen but luckily that doesn't happen anymore. I think I may have hives in my trachea or something with the difficulty breathing.

Gwenn, I am just thinking about you all the time. Not in a creepy way. I just want that bfp for you and your dh SO bad. Feel free to stay in here with your journey. We're all on it with you.
    I agree with this too and I may be creepy but that's okay ;-)

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 02-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Forgot to mention that I was crampy after every PG too, earlier than I am usually crampy and I also didn't get my joint pain I usually get when AF is coming. I am weird and get a constant, nagging, but not unbearable ache in the joints on my right leg every month about 4 or 5 days before AF comes. Usually it is my thigh/hip joint, sometimes my knee or ankle but always on the same leg. I have very weird AF symptoms so usually I know a week after O if I am PG or not based on that. Very rarely do I not get my leg aches before AF and anytime it happens I usually am freaking out and thinking I am PG.

Erin

What Bridget said. I'm totally stalking Mandy, and keeping everything crossed that this turns out to be good news.

Did you guys see this? http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/01...ld-master.html

A friend of mine researched it, and this is what she wrote:

"I found him in the 1870 census, living in Dayton, Ohio with his wife, Mandy and their children Jane, Felix, William, and Andrew, and Mandy''s mother, Percella. Very cool! And I found a birth 1876 record for their daughter Ava. Jourdan was working as a hostler, Mandy was keeping house. Jourdan could not read or write, and Mandy could read but not write. The three oldest children were attending school."

And this:

"I also found Jourdan and his wife, Mandy, in the 1900 census. He's listed there as a retired butler. His son, Valentine, is a physician."
    "Mandy outlived her husband. She's listed as head of household in the 1910 census."
    Last edited by Suja; 02-01-2012 at 10:27 AM.