Page 921 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 42182187191191992092192292393197110211421 ... LastLast
Results 27,601 to 27,630 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Also excited for you Mandy!!! I am going to be stalking you during your 2WW. I hope this is the cycle for you!!

I also imagine follies having a jolly time dancing around waiting for a mate LOL! Follies and jollies sound too much alike.

Erin

Oh, I forgot to mention my FIL left our house and went to my BILs house who lives about 42 miles from us out in the burbs.

I am kind of glad, but he didn't tell the kids goodbye and Elle was looking for "grandaddy" (she loves calling old men grandaddy and was excited that she actually had her own grandaddy. My dad insist on being called Big Daddy by his grandkids, I told him he has some issues). I told her grandaddy had left and went to uncle C's house and she just broke out in tears and was bawling and said "he didn't even tell me goodbye!!!" :-( It was pretty heartbreaking. She really likes her grandaddy. He keeps huge bags of M&Ms around and gives them to her early in the morning so he is like her best friend.

DH got into a minor argument about his dad on Friday and I was thinking maybe FIL heard it and so left because of that. Like I said earlier, he was staying in my office/personal closet/personal space of mine and so I had all my clothes in our master bedroom because FIL had all his stuff hung up in my closet and I was being nice and not making him move his things. DH and FIL went out on Thursday night to a lounge and stayed out really late even though DH knew he had to get up early for work. So I get up and turn on the light to put on my clothes and he starts b!tching about me turning on the light and I'm like "WTF, your unannounced deadbeat dad is in my room where I normally dress and I was being nice not to make him move his stuff and you want to complain about me getting dressed. He then started going on about how I should want to be nice to his guests and how he is always nice when my family comes. So I told him that my family usually say when they are both coming and leaving. They also don't go out at night and get drunk and puke all over my bathroom, which was what FIL had done that morning and I ended up having to bleach out my bathroom. He even used Elle's washcloth and towel that morning. I wasn't even going to complain about it, even though I thought it was ridiculous of a 61 year old man to go out and get drunk and puke all over someone's bathroom (he puked on the floor and tried to use Elle's washcloth and towel to get it up, it got all over my bath mat and he had just smeared puke over the floor so I had to bleach/mop the floor and the whole bathroom because puke grosses me out, like most people). When I came home from work FIL was gone. I am happy he is but am worried he will come back. Though I do hope he does so he can tell the kids goodbye because they do love him since he buys them lots of fast food and gives them candy and tries to get me let them stay up past bedtime.

Erin

Holy sh!t, Erin! I don't even remember what I came in here to say after reading that your fil puked all over your bathroom. I would be horrified. I would hope he left in pure shame over that!!

Mandy, I cannot wait for your bfp. I so hope this is it for you and your dh.

Oh ugh. I'm speechless. Poor Erin - it's one thing to clean up your kid's puke but another thing entirely to clean up your FIL's. ugh ugh ugh. I'm so sorry

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Gross. I wouldn't have even cleaned it up. I would have told him to. Can you tell I don't handle puke well either?

Erin, I cannot believe he threw up all over your bathroom and didn't clean it up himself. And it's horrible he didn't say goodbye to your kiddos either. I would be glad he's gone too, even if he is grandpa.

We just had Abbey's 3rd birthday party and it was good. We had 5 kids and their moms and dads over for a winter barbecue (Mickey Mouse theme), and it seemed like everyone had fun. Tip for anyone having a young kid birthday coming up: if you use an air compressor to blow up 100 balloons, it not only keeps your DH and your LO busy while you set-up, but it entertains the little party guests for hours. Now my house looks like a giant fun-ball pit but it was worth it.

DH is trying to get Abbey to nap now and I *really* hope she sleeps because yesterday she only got a 20 minute nap (super rare for her) and she was completely manic by the late afternoon. She actually bit me on the shoulder she was so crazy acting (not like she was mad, she was just acting nuts). It's like any sleep deprivation at all makes her completely crazy.

MIL came into town yesterday and true to form (she's super generous and sweet) she insisted on taking me and Abbey to Whole Foods for all the party food and getting everything pre-prepared (like the cupcakes and veggie/fruit plates, etc) so I wouldn't have to do as much work for the party. We would have never been able to afford that kind of food for that many people. MIL is amazing. It was the most stress-free party prep I'd ever done, even though I feel a bit like I 'cheated'. I don't how to thank her.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 01-21-2012 at 01:23 PM.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I'm so glad the party went well! Your mil and mine must be on the same wavelength because I just got $50 in a bday card for Sawyer that said for me to buy him a cake from an organic bakery so I could save myself the work

So far the score is 2 points for the MILs, and 1 point against FILs. LOL! Erin, that's crazy about your FIL puking in your bathroom and then leaving without a word. I bet he was embarrassed!

I'm glad Abbey's party went well!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

That's awesome about your MIL, Molly. And your MIL sounds a good'n, too, Bridget.

Erin, that's not cool about your FIL puking in the bathroom. That's horrid, actually! But really sad that little Elle was upset about him going.

We're having an ok weekend so far. Poor little Cash is getting the last of his teeth and has not slept well the past few days, but other than that, we're good. DH's birthday is on Monday, so he took the day off. It also coincided with the fact that he needs to take a sample in to make sure his vasectomy worked, so on his birthday, he gets to go to the hospital to drop a sample off! He's requested cheesecake for his birthday cake, so I'm having to brush up on my cheesecake skills!

Oh, Myles, here's a zumba funny for you-the other night as we were finishing up at zumba, my SIL turned to me and said, 'Remind me to show you those last 2 moves when I see you this weekend.' It made me laugh because that was her nice way of saying, 'you looked ridiculous; I need to teach you those moves so you don't get laughed at.' LOL. Zumba is a lot of fun. I am one of those people who cannot dance AT ALL but when I'm at zumba, I shake my bum bum and just have a good time.

There are a lot of birthdays going around!!

So happy that the party went well Molly. I also understand about the maniac kid with no nap. Elle is still like that, her eyes get all big and she will run all over the place and jump all over me and scream and just cannot sit down. It is exhausting looking at her get revved up like that.

And I cannot let puke stay in my bathroom. I am not all that neat but I keep a clean bathroom and kitchen usually because those are areas where I feel causes sicknesses and I was just imagining puke germs all over the place even though it was just on the floor near the toilet and all over the mat on the floor. I clean with a mixture of bleach and water so I sprayed the whole bathroom to make sure all the germs were dead. Body fluids, especially vomit, freak me out.

Erin

Oh my goodness Erin! I'm speechless. That's absolutely disgusting!!

There are a lot of birthdays this time of year! I'm glad Abby's went well. Woo hoo for super MILs!!

I went out with dh and brother to see a band that my highschool friends have raved on FB about. They were playing in Owego so I thought, why not? Either we'd have Bean drive us, or we could get a cab. They were freaking awesome! I really, really wish I had the lifestyle where we could 'follow' them. 3 of the 4 sing, so they could cover all ranges of the big-hair band music. They were phenomenal. I even got a pic of me and the lead singer I have a sort of crush on him. He's a cutie I've been FB stalking for a little while. He recognized me and on his first break he gave me a hug. And on his 2nd. And on his 3rd again and I asked my brother to take a pic of us. ooo la la. He's very sweet and super short. Like maybe 5'5". I towered over him.

Anyway, your comment about Zumba not being able to dance Ash made me think of that because one guy told me I could make my own workout video. Another guy told me that women like me were the reason men cheated on their wives. Drunk me laughed. Today when I remembered it, I was like...whoa. wtf? Intoxicated men will say the most outrageous things.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I hate shopping, but being done makes it worthwhile.
    Totals:
    4 hours
    7 pairs of pants/leggings
    12 Long Sleeve Ts
    4 fleece PJs
    2 Hoodies
    3 Sweaters
    All for the kid. Unless someone starts giving stuff away for free, we are done with shopping until the end of summer. Damage: $120.

Erin, I'm not cleaning up anyone's puke unless it's my kid's. Ewwww! And YAY for good ILs.

Wow-you did a great job shopping! Was everything on clearance?

Wow Suja, that's a bargain for all that! Good job! You have good taste too
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Over the summer, quite by accident, I discovered that a mall I've been avoiding all along because it was decrepit the only time I went, had become quite nice. And has outlets for Carter's, Gymboree, etc. I went crazy and bought pretty much all of Mira's clothes for the upcoming summer then. Today, I bought her clothes for next fall and winter. Yup, on clearance. That's generally my strategy - buy stuff for the following year this year, on end of the season clearance. This way, I only have to set foot in stores twice a year. I buy more stuff online, but that's generallY from some place like Zulily, so things I can't usually find locally anyway.

I had an inlaw puke incident too. MIL was having bad heartburn and a horrible headache and went to lie down. Before she could get up, she threw up. Comforter, bigger than king sized afghan I crocheted, sheets, mattress pad, her clothes and a bit on the floor. Of course she felt awful and helped clean up. And helped pay for the laundry mat because the comforter and my afghan do not fit in our home machines.

Mandy glad DH could poke you....I don't think that I could have done or and I know my DH couldn't have on me. I got lucky and got the triggers at the ultrasounds.

other than the MIL getting sick, been having a pretty nice weekend but they are leaving in the morning.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Mandy glad DH could poke you....I don't think that I could have done or and I know my DH couldn't have on me. I got lucky and got the triggers at the ultrasounds.
    When I first read this, I was thinking of a different kind of poke.

Sorry your mil got sick. That must have been awful for her as well.

When I went to have my first ultrasound with Bobbie, the tech said my bladder wasn't full enough so they sent me back out to the waiting room to drink more water. One nurse was really witchy about it and hounded me to drink more and more water. She was simply nasty about it. After 20-30 minutes I had an overwhelming urge to throw up. I tried to sprint to the bathroom but didn't make it. 1/2 way there I threw up all the water all over the waiting room carpet right in front of a whole bunch of other expectant mothers. I remember that nurse being so vicious and cruel about it and I started crying.

That's awful, Chrissy.

I updated about my IUI in my thread in STC, for those who are stalking me...
    Last edited by Gwenn; 01-22-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Aw, what a mean nurse, Chrissy!

I don't know why I even bother posting anywhere but here anymore! lol Usually you guys are the only ones who respond anyway for the most part!
    Anyway, I posted this is NM, my latest worry
    http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...for-Kai-lately

Still fighting this stomach bug. Luckily only a few people showed up at my house for my gathering because of the snow and my sweet friends took care of the food prep. I had some pizza dough I'd made and froze so we thawed that and made pizzas and my friend from AK brought moose meat. I, of course, did not eat much but was able to eat a little thanks to immodium AD. But then I didn't use the restroom at all for 2 days and started to have some pain in my lower back which had me freaked out that the illness was just trapped there! Going to make an appt first thing in the morning because I am absolutely no better at all and am starving but can't eat. My kids are watching more movies this weekend than they have all year but I am so weak from not eating that I can hardly function. Luckily Sawyer remains happy and nursing regularly so it must not be having a huge impact on my milk supply.

Bridget, I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I read your post about Kai but didn't respond. I think it's a very normal part of growing up. My brother was a lot like Kai at the same age, from what my mom says.

I agree. At this age I noticed Josh has a hard time knowing when to stop. He likes to rough around with DH but then DH says it's time to stop and Josh keeps going. He has a rough side and a sensitive side too just like Kai. I think it's just a normal phase.

I know that part of it is normal but I just wish he wasn't so heartbroken about it all the time.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

DS also is rough and sensitive at the same time. I feel like I'm constantly having to tell him to be gentle, gentle, GENTLE!!! and he has such a hard time reading other people's cues about when to stop doing things and it seems like every single day I have to tell him again that it's not okay to grab people around the neck, but on the other hand, he is also very sweet and sensitive. It's hard to be around a sister who is bigger and so much in charge all the time. He gets plenty scared about things, too, but he is not upset about being scared, if you know what I mean. There is no underlying message for him that he's not manly enough. He thinks he's really awesome. The other day someone asked me if they were identical twins (yeah, I know) and I said no and he piped up and said his sister was bigger but he could do a lot of things that she couldn't. I dread the day my children start being unhappy with themselves.

Bridget, I hope you feel better soon. I had symptoms like yours a few months back, but it only lasted for about 4 days. I figured it was just a virus. I hope you can eat soon! I read your thread in NM/MIG. I think you're doing the right thing by telling him that whatever he's feeling he has a right to feel. As he gets older, he'll probably learn to not get upset as much by some of the things that bother him now. (hugs).

I've tried to make it a goal this year to start writing again. I found an old poetry notebook that I started writing in when I first moved to England. I thought I'd share this poem with y'all; I thought it was pretty good!

Delayed Train
    Waiting at the station,
    I paced back and forth
    along the path, scattered
    with trash.
    A five minute wait
    turned to fifteen, which quickly
    turned to thirty.
    Why did I choose
    today to have my
    car serviced when all the dirty
    people were loitering
    around the station.
    An addict was sharing
    her life story with all
    of us; I wished that I could be
    invisible or just speed up time.
    She's got two kids by a black guy,
    but do I care?
    An old man interrupted
    my daydreaming
    by brushing past me.
    Worn sneakers and a camouflage
    jacket are what I remember
    about him. 'Working poor'
    I noted.
    I tried keeping my distance;
    I kept my eyes on my own
    shoes. He paced about
    like I had before; almost enough
    to wear another hole in those Nikes.
    I looked up and our eyes met.
    "Not much longer, miss;
    just a problem
    with the signals-
    Not much longer."
    He walked away, smiling.
    I couldn't help but to smile
    myself.

I'm currently trying to write my mom a "religious" poem that she asked me to write last year. I googled popular bible verses and picked Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart does good like a medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." I'm going to try to write a poem inspired by that. We'll see how that turns out!

Ash that's really good. I don't know anything about poetry, but I liked that one (most I don't).

That is a great poem Ash!! You should submit for some contests!

I actually just submitted an essay I wrote for a contest. I don't think it is very good but just wanted to put some work out there again. I have been feeling like I am neglecting myself lately and just gliding on by so decided to do something exciting and enter 4 writing contest.

And Bridget, so sorry you still are not feeling well. I am always afraid of Immodium because my mom used to tell me that you should "let it all out" so I always think I am getting backed up with illness if I don't let it out.

I also think that what Kai is going through is normal. My Ky is very similar to him. Oddly enough, Ky got so afraid of a book he was reading last week (Witches by Roald Dahl) that he burst out in tears and was having troubles sleeping and he is nearly 10 years old. I had to write a note to his teachers asking that he not be allowed to read the book any further, at his request because they were eating children and he just does not like violence in books or on TV shows and some movies to this day. I have always told him it is okay to be afraid of things and he will know when he has outgrown those fears. He was afraid of Jurassic Park movies for years and finally was able to watch one within the past few months. DH gets bothered by those types of movies too so luckily DH didn't give him any reason to feel insecure about his fears.

In regards to playing with older kids, Ky was like that too until he was around 7 or 8 years old. It is interesting to me because he does remember being pushed aside by older kids. He has a good friend who is 2 years younger and even though his friend is usually way more rough than Ky would like, Ky does not exclude the younger boy, even if he is the youngest and is being overly rambunctious while they are playing with a larger group of boys. Usually they are between 9 and 12 and Ky's friend A is 7. You are doing a great job with Kai in encouraging him and talking him through this. I'm sure he will come out better for it and learn to get over his fears and even with his interactions with other kids.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 01-22-2012 at 02:43 PM.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Roald Dahl is disturbing; they love to teach his stuff in schools here, but I think a lot of his books are just weird and gory!

Oh, and thanks, Erin and Chrissy!

Erin, you should definitely try to find some time to write. I know what you mean about just letting it slide. I've only just tonight picked up my pen and notebook and said, "right, I'm going to start trying to write a little bit each night."

I liked Roald Dahl when I was a kid, and the librarian recommended his books when I asked her for some ideas for me to read to Josh. But yeah they are really disturbing. I was a weird kid though. I read all kinds of creepy stuff, along with the standard babysitters club and sweet valley twin books. I still like the creepy stuff, in fact. But I wouldn't consider reading Roald Dahl to Josh yet.

I like your poem, Ash!

At school, we read James and the Giant Peach, Matilda and The BFG, but I've seen some of his books that make me go 'huh?' Like, The NitWits and The Witches. There are a few other titles that I can't think of right now, but a lot of his stories are about the adults being horrible people and the kids needing to escape.