Page 914 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 414 814 864 904912913914915916 924 964 1014 1414 ... LastLast
Results 27,391 to 27,420 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Chrissy, that is just awful. I hope she turns up quickly and apologizes.

Chrissy; I hope she comes home safely and soon.

2/09 6/09 4/14 9/14

Oh no, Chrissy!I hope she is home by now, or that you have heard from her.

She arrived home shortly after 5, crying and claiming to not remember anything. She has bruises on her neck. We're at the sheriff's station now. I'm hoping they can get her to remember more. I don't know what to think.

Oh no! That's scary! Hope you figure out what happened.

Wah? Scary...

Either something horrible happened or she's lying. A deputy is questioning her alone right now. The bruises on her neck are alarming.

oh my, Chrissy that is terrible. I hope you find answers tonight.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

OMG, Chrissy... I'm so sorry.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Chrissy we are here for you. I also hope you find answers asap.

Hoping for an update soon. Chrissy I hope you all are hanging in there.

Dammit I just keep checking to see if you've been in here, Chrissy.

Huge hugs Chrissy. I hope you are able to find out what happened and I hope she's OK.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Still waiting for an update...

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

How awful. I am so sorry.

I'm thinking of you and your family today, Chrissy. I hope that Jesi is ok!

We're finally home at 3:00 am. She turned up shortly after I got home, about 6 pm. She was crying and said she couldn't remember where she'd been since 11 pm the previous night. She also had awful bruises around her throat. We took her immediately to the sheriff's office. They did a preliminary report and encouraged us to take her to the ER for a full work up. What they wanted to know was if she'd been given any date-rape type drugs. On the side, the deputy said it could be either case; either someone drugged her and assaulted her and she really doesn't remember, or she's lying to cover up for someone but a crime definitely occurred because of the marks on her neck. The deputy thought the bruises looked like someone pressed on her throat with knuckles on each side of her esophagus. The ER Dr thought it looked like someone tried to strangle her with a belt or something because there were marks on the side of her neck as well. It's definitely more pronounced in the front though, and wider...like a buckle maybe. Talk about sickened and feeling helpless. Yet again. She's ok now though, and that's what is important.

The next step is visiting with the investigator Monday morning. He'll take her statement and we'll sign releases for him to receive the lab results from her ER visit tonight. She wasn't sexually assaulted, so I guess that's a good thing. I never imagined "I'm glad she was only choked" would be a thought I'd have. Irony.

The Investigator asked us not to grill her, as tempting as it might be. If she's protecting someone or lying because she's afraid of getting in trouble with us, he said he's usually good at getting kids to open up to him but if we interrogate her ourselves, it will give her time to build up more lies. It's possible she was given a drug and he's not ruling that out either. That's what the lab work will reveal.

Ugh. This mommy business is hands down the most difficult role any person could ever play. I don't know if I'm cut out for this. A little late now, huh? I'm not saying she's not worth it. It's just so tremendously heartbreaking and now I'm questioning everything I ever did as a mother. Where did I go wrong where something like this could happen, just a mere 7 months after my oldest daughter was sexually assaulted?

14 months of hell with no end in sight. No wonder why I'm in therapy and on anti-depressants. Cripes.

As always-thank you all for your support. It means so much to me. My phone died so I couldn't update sooner. I'm sorry.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

This wait must be agonizing for you. I am so so sorry.

I'm really sad and sorry right now for all that has happened. This latest is just another truly terrible thing. I hope you can get to the bottom of it without too much more drama or upset. Big big big hugs for you right now.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Big hugs Chrissy. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and your family.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm so sorry you're family is going through all this. I hope your daughter's physical trauma heals quickly and that the police can get to the bottom of all this.

2/09 6/09 4/14 9/14

Chrissy. You didn't do anything wrong. Some of the best, most successful, smartest, kindest and coolest people I know today put their parents through living hell while they were teenagers. IMO, being a teenager is just incredibly difficult for most great people.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I'm thinking of you all, Chrissy.

You didn't do anything wrong.
    Remember what we discussed about not taking our kids' behaviors personally? ;) I know it doesn't help much to compare her to our younger kids because she's so much older and she should have more awareness of how her behaviors affect the whole family. But at the same time I remember teenagehood as being this weird time where I was blissfully unaware of how my actions could possibly affect my parents or anyone else. And I turned out to be a relatively not screwed up person.

Then again I'm probably talking out of my ass. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Then again I'm probably talking out of my ass. LOL
    LOL, I was thinking you made a lot of sense. I agree.

Chrissy, I am sorry you're having to go through this. Like others have said you didn't do anything wrong. Being a mom is hard, and being a teenager is hard.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Thanks ladies. And Kate I thought you made a ton of sense. Thank you.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Thank you, I just didn't want to presume that having a teen is anything like dealing with a 5 year old LOL
    Glad it makes sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Hey beanpop,
    Do you have an "unofficial" Doctor Who episode called Time Crash?
    It's a short mini-episode, 7 minutes or something. It's on YouTube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szuP0oBZX4g

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Dh is convinced the kid needs to take dance lessons, on the basis of this: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...t=MAH00627.mp4. (turn down the volume if at work)
    She is too cute!! I love watching her dance. And I enjoyed that other Bollywood video too - I was going to mention it reminded me of Shakira as well

Chrissy, I'm so sorry that you've had to go through all of this heartache. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now. I really hope that things calm down for you soon.

Oh, and I agree with you all - British accents are super hot! Except Cockney. lol
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*