Page 91 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 418189909192931011411915911091 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess mmm beer.

Congrats Willowspy!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    I confess that if this LO is a boy, it will be named after DH, and DH was dead serious about naming a girl after me. It was a very sweet thought.

I LOVE your name! You should do it! In fact, I ran it by DH for our bean, but he wants to stick with what we picked.
    "Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

I confess Lorelai was thisclose to being named Cassandra too. I love my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    That's awesome! I hate my name. I would never name my kids after me.

And I love your new siggy pic!!
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    That's awesome! I hate my name. I would never name my kids after me.
    I confess I hate my name too and would never have named Elle after me. A boy maybe though as I love Aaron but not my own name. I was actually named after an uncle Aaron.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I LOVE your name! You should do it! In fact, I ran it by DH for our bean, but he wants to stick with what we picked.
    Awwwwww.

That would have been pretty cool. I like Cassandra too

8. Default

I confess Audrianna WAS named after me.. lol but only middle name cause i HATE "Ashley".

No offense to all the other Ashleys

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Congrats Willowspy!!!
    I confess I liked WillOwispy's original name, but I like Willowspy even better. It's like she's a secret agent infiltrating the secular room. I think I'm going to have a hard time not calling her WillowSpy in my head from now on.

10. Default

I confess I almost screwed myself over this morning by eating breakfast... ugh..

Audrianna needs to nap so I can get ready for my 1 hour glucose/28 week labs!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess I liked WillOwispy's original name, but I like Willowspy even better. It's like she's a secret agent infiltrating the secular room. I think I'm going to have a hard time not calling her WillowSpy in my head from now on.
    LOL I like WillowSpy too!!! Maybe I should PM a mod.....

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I almost screwed myself over this morning by eating breakfast... ugh..

Audrianna needs to nap so I can get ready for my 1 hour glucose/28 week labs!
    Good luck!!! I'm sending you awesome sugar vibes!!

OH it's willowispy! LOL I thought it was willowspy. WHOA.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I need some seriously positive secular vibes.

I just got back from my doctor's appointment. We're starting slow at my request- just high estrogen BCPs for now- but I honestly don't see them helping. I'm already on BC and it's only getting worse. After this I have to go in to GYN where I will get an ultrasound and either get an IUD (which I don't want) or a D&C (which I REALLY don't want). If neither of those work, it's an edometrial ablation or hysterectomy. I'm scared. And frankly, this is such a universal slap in the face to someone who desperately wants more kids. I just want something to go my way.
    Cass, you are getting some positive vibes from me! I am so sorry you're going through all this. I would totally go into the GYN and get the ultrasound done sooner rather than later, though, since those two things are not invasive and maybe you can get some better answers about what might be causing your bleeding. Maybe it's not fibroids?

Maybe it's just my recent experiences with everything taking so much longer than it should, though, since I feel like I HAVE to exert pressure to move things forward, and it sounds like you may be reluctant to do that in any case. The hysterectomy sounds like the absolute worst-case scenario, and aside from the oral contraceptives and the IUD which are reversible, the other things should not affect your ability to have children.

And hey, my sister and I were both IUD children. *Nudge, nudge* She was Dalkon Dinah and I was Lippy's Loop Lydia. I have never used an IUD for birth control because of that.

Seriously, though, I've been thinking about you and hoping things will get better. And I love your new signature picture.

I confess Claire has been having diarrhea for several days, and it's getting worse, and she has been leaking through at least one diaper and soiling one set of clothes daily. Last night she woke up crying and had exploded through her overnight diaper and down one leg of her pajamas and got the crib sheet all wet (thank goodness she was still on the crib because I'd had to wash all of our bedding the day before). It took us an hour to clean her up, shower her, change the bedding, wipe down the crib, and settle her back down, and we miraculously did all of that without waking up Ronin.

Anyway, I'm getting nervous about our 14-hour travel day tomorrow. And that maybe I'm not packing enough clothes/diapers for our island trip. And I'm having flashbacks to my illness (which was NOT contagious, mind you). This could be a disaster in the making. I think I'm going to have my mom stuff a change of clothes for her in her carry-on, since there is no extra room in my diaper bag.

Oh Lydia, I'm sorry about Claire The change of clothes idea is a good one.

And Cass, do they have a name for what they think is wrong? My mom had a situation that sounded similar to yours. Of course, she is a pretty secretive person, so I would have to call her and dig for specifics. She ended up with a hysterectomy, but do not fret, it was totally by choice. She never wanted children to begin with, she did not want to deal with other treatments or take more pills (the BCP regimen she was on actually helped her a lot). She just wanted it out... I remember that at the time, the docs were very willing to work with her and go through tons of different treatments, and she was WAY older than you so I am sure the doctors will figure something out for you too.

I confess, that guy I mentioned who added me to facebook just wrote a message on my wall. I really hope he learns how to write private messages before he says anything too embarrassing. LOL

shutterbird Guest

Poor Claire! I hope she gets better quickly.

Cass, I hope you don't have to go to a hysterectomy and get some real answers soon!

shutterbird Guest

I confess if Lorelai doesn't start sleeping better I'm going to go cah-razy! She woke up last night and I went out to get DH and made him take care of her. That's how sleep-deprived I've been... I didn't realize I woke him up until after he came back in the room and said that he couldn't get her to calm down. (I never wake him up at night - ever, because he *****es the entire next day. )

I confess I'm so glad it's Friday because I get to sleep in.

I confess I'm double glad because I don't have to work this weekend! Yay!!

20. Default

I confess the FIRST thing I did when I left my glucose test was come home and eat. DH wanted to give me water to drink. I told him no cause all I've had today is water. so I got some Kool-aid.

DH made me laugh cause he said "Well, You just had the glucose drink, and with all the sugar in the koolaid I didn't want you to go into a diabetic coma!"

I confess to feeling excited that another secular APA momma is moving close to me. Yippee!

22. Default

I confess this makes me laugh every time I see it...

I confess to feeling excited that another secular APA momma is moving close to me. Yippee!
    Ooooh, who? I confess I just moved further away from you. I think you were like 80 min away?

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess this makes me laugh every time I see it...

That is AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    I confess I just moved further away from you. I think you were like 80 min away?
    I know, you were in Modesto, right? I could have gone there, or certainly halfway. I like driving, although I can't always say the same for the twins. When I was young I considered a career as a trucker. Needless to say, I'm glad I did not do that.

I should probably go check her profile and see if she lists her location before I out her. Or him. DA DA DUM!

I thought that blue/green bag was funny, too.

I confess that I am so excited for my high school reunion this weekend!! It's like prom all over!

Lydia, I am so sorry that Claire isn't feeling well. I hope she feels better quickly and you all have fun on your island vacation.

Lydia and Cass big hugs to you both. It's hard for me to keep up with this thread, but I just went back a few pages. Girls, I will be thinking very positive thoughts for you both and hope that both of your health improves quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I confess that I am so excited for my high school reunion this weekend!! It's like prom all over!
    Have fun! Mine was so much better than prom. Probably because I didn't go to prom. My mom said if I wanted to go, she would make my dress and I was so sick of having hand-made clothes I just boycotted it. It's funny how things change. Now it's nice having unique clothes. My 10-year was AWESOME, as you probably saw in the other thread. If I wasn't going to have 2-day-old twins and a fresh incision, I would have totally gone to my 20-year. I'm really hoping we have a 25-year.

I confess that I'm due to go to Canada for a week in just two hours, and instead of emptying out the dishwasher, I'm hanging out here. I'm going to miss you guys.

I confess that I'm due to go to Canada for a week in just two hours, and instead of emptying out the dishwasher, I'm hanging out here. I'm going to miss you guys.
    Have fun, Lydia; we'll miss you, too. Say hi to a moose if you see one! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Have fun, Lydia; we'll miss you, too. Say hi to a moose if you see one! LOL
    You should have told me that on the last trip. I think you missed your chance. Any wildlife we see on the next trip will have had to do a lot of swimming. It's a very tiny island.

I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Ontario and back - 14 hours of driving in 2 days for a friends wedding. I was kind enough to leave Jens and Norah at home to have fun, not be in the car. And I'm so tired I almost feel dizzy. But first I had to come here and see how you're all doing.

Lydia! Have fun! I wish you were coming somewhere closer to where I am. Darn!
    Norah! (3 yr)