Page 90 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 40 808889909192 100 140 190 590 1090 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

Hey Sunrider! lol.. Not scheduled yet! Though he did order it, and I call tomorrow to schedule!

and I know Cass! She will be 1 in 9 days!

I confess I just had THE biggest scare of my life!!! Audri was playing with FIL, and she was tryin to run, and fell. I thought she caught herself with her hands, but still started crying -- im sure to her it hurt!

Then when I went to pick her up and comfort her, I noticed she was spitting out blood!!!

I gave her a sippy of water to try and clear it out so I could see where it was coming from, but nothing... As soon as she swished the water, the blood was gone, and no more came...

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Oooh, cool! What do you blog about?

I'm pretty hesitant to go back to my old blog and reread some of the things I wrong... there might be a serious cringe-fest if I do.
    Yep, reading old blog entries is nearly as awkward as reading an old diary.

I haven't blogged since Mia was born, but when I did it was just the usual - pregnancy, work stuff, etc.

I stopped writing because too many friends & relatives were reading it, and I no longer felt comfortable sharing anything even remotely personal. It kinda takes the fun out of it knowing that your boss, great aunt, or an ex-boyfriend might be reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I've realized that I only blog when I feel like I've complained too much on APA and no one wants to hear it anymore but I have to get it out. Sadly, my blogs are all a few months apart and about the same crap. It's interesting when I submit a new post and then go back read old posts and realize I'm still dealing with the same crap I was a few months ago.
    I could say pretty much the same thing about myself.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I just had THE biggest scare of my life!!! Audri was playing with FIL, and she was tryin to run, and fell. I thought she caught herself with her hands, but still started crying -- im sure to her it hurt!

Then when I went to pick her up and comfort her, I noticed she was spitting out blood!!!

I gave her a sippy of water to try and clear it out so I could see where it was coming from, but nothing... As soon as she swished the water, the blood was gone, and no more came...
    Sounds like she cut her gums or the inside of her lip a little bit. Mia's done that too, and it bled like crazy for a second then just disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I stopped writing because too many friends & relatives were reading it, and I no longer felt comfortable sharing anything even remotely personal. It kinda takes the fun out of it knowing that your boss, great aunt, or an ex-boyfriend might be reading it.
    I had been sending out "email blasts" to a buttload of people - friends and family. I was resistent to blogging at the time. After talking to a friend who blogged I decided to give it a try and love it.

We have subscription options, so I figure those people that really liked the emails (mostly grandparents!) can subscribe and have the blog posts emailed to them. Those there were tired of the emails in their inbox can just ignore the blog. It's working well so far.

I didn't advertise it to anyone at work, but I do feel somewhat constrained at being myself because I'm not "out" with MIL who I know is an avid follower. I am more myself on the blog though than I am in her presence, so who knows. . . .
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

4. Default

I confess -- Ultrasound July 21st @ 9am!

Good luck! I'm excited for you.

YAY!!!!

I confess that after reading Lydia's playground post I am super curious as to where in Canada she is going! It sounds really cool. Is there some sort of canoeing/fishing/hunting/hiking that you guys will do there? Or just relax, read books, and explore nature with the twins?

Woo hoo! Do you guys plan to find out the sex? If so, I hope he/she cooperates with the view.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Woo hoo! Do you guys plan to find out the sex? If so, I hope he/she cooperates with the view.
    We definitely want to!

I confess I'm all torn up about this stupid nap time thing. I honestly don't want to give him a nap anymore but I think he needs it. He fights it so bad and then he ends up sleeping for 2+ hours. Today I put him in there and shut the door. I try to have him sleep in his bed just for routine's sake so if I know that he's by the door I try to put him back. However today I didn't watch the monitor to see if he got out of bed and when I went to check he was sleeping on the floor by the door. It made me sad for some reason.
    I am wicked emotional lately. AF is still a couple weeks off, and I am not pregnant, so I don't know what the heck's wrong with me.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

YAY!!!!

I confess that after reading Lydia's playground post I am super curious as to where in Canada she is going! It sounds really cool. Is there some sort of canoeing/fishing/hunting/hiking that you guys will do there? Or just relax, read books, and explore nature with the twins?
    My grandparents own a very small island in McGregor Bay in Lake Huron, Ontario. There are blueberry bushes, a lot of rocks, and very cold water. And, like I said, no electricity, no phone, etc. I'm not sure exactly where it is but I think I Googled the general vicinity here. I fished there when I was a kid, but the fishing isn't so good any more. No hunting, because it's an island and if anything can get on it, it had to swim. Dh and I might be able to leave the babies with the rest of the family and take a canoe trip for an hour or two just to relax. It's basically an opportunity to let my grandparents spend time with their great-grandchildren, and we're going to experience childcare in the rough which might be challenging. I have volunteered to make several dinners for 8 people while there, working on a primitive stove in an unfamiliar kitchen. I think it will not be relaxing, and I'm kind of dreading it.

The traveling is going to take 11 hours of airport + flying, then an overnight stay in a hotel, then buying supplies, then driving for several hours, then an hour boat ride just to get there. We'll have 5 1/2 days of island time, and then we'll turn around and repeat the trip.

I'm still getting really dizzy. Yesterday I had to sit down in the middle of the store while out running errands, but luckily with babies it looks like I'm just being a really devoted mom. I finally got through to the doctor's office--it turns out they were ignoring my calls and requests for appointments because they had decided they couldn't help me. Anyway, they told me they couldn't fit me in until July 21, and if I felt like I was having a medical emergency I could go in to the ER.

It seems like every spare moment I have is spent fielding calls to the disability company or to my HR department or to one supervisor or another as I work my way up the chain of command at the medical center. Every post I make on APA is done while I'm on hold with someone.

I feel badly about not responding to others' posts because I've been so caught up in my own little world of messes.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

I need some seriously positive secular vibes.

I just got back from my doctor's appointment. We're starting slow at my request- just high estrogen BCPs for now- but I honestly don't see them helping. I'm already on BC and it's only getting worse. After this I have to go in to GYN where I will get an ultrasound and either get an IUD (which I don't want) or a D&C (which I REALLY don't want). If neither of those work, it's an edometrial ablation or hysterectomy. I'm scared. And frankly, this is such a universal slap in the face to someone who desperately wants more kids. I just want something to go my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    My grandparents own a very small island in McGregor Bay in Lake Huron, Ontario. There are blueberry bushes, a lot of rocks, and very cold water. And, like I said, no electricity, no phone, etc. I'm not sure exactly where it is but I think I Googled the general vicinity here. I fished there when I was a kid, but the fishing isn't so good any more. No hunting, because it's an island and if anything can get on it, it had to swim. Dh and I might be able to leave the babies with the rest of the family and take a canoe trip for an hour or two just to relax. It's basically an opportunity to let my grandparents spend time with their great-grandchildren, and we're going to experience childcare in the rough which might be challenging. I have volunteered to make several dinners for 8 people while there, working on a primitive stove in an unfamiliar kitchen. I think it will not be relaxing, and I'm kind of dreading it.

The traveling is going to take 11 hours of airport + flying, then an overnight stay in a hotel, then buying supplies, then driving for several hours, then an hour boat ride just to get there. We'll have 5 1/2 days of island time, and then we'll turn around and repeat the trip.

I'm still getting really dizzy. Yesterday I had to sit down in the middle of the store while out running errands, but luckily with babies it looks like I'm just being a really devoted mom. I finally got through to the doctor's office--it turns out they were ignoring my calls and requests for appointments because they had decided they couldn't help me. Anyway, they told me they couldn't fit me in until July 21, and if I felt like I was having a medical emergency I could go in to the ER.

It seems like every spare moment I have is spent fielding calls to the disability company or to my HR department or to one supervisor or another as I work my way up the chain of command at the medical center. Every post I make on APA is done while I'm on hold with someone.

I feel badly about not responding to others' posts because I've been so caught up in my own little world of messes.
    I have so many responses to the different parts of this...

In retrospect, I can see how this trip is not relaxing in the slightest if there are small children and family involved. I guess it was the adventurer in me who taught it sounded so exciting. I hope it turns out ok. The part about cooking dinner for 8 potential strangers in a primitive, unfamiliar kitchen is definitely not enviable. It's amazing how much I take for granted my kitchen, my utilities, and the convenience of taking a car to the supermarket.

I'm (continually) sorry about how Kaiser is treating you. They've decided they can't help you? What kind of malarky is that? They're doctors, it's their job.

And to all the disability/HR people. The ridiculous inefficiency of bureaucracy is staggering at moments like this. I had a friend who's little brother needed surgery on his rib cage (his ribs were growing crooked and compressing on his heart and lungs.) I believe it took half a year to get the insurance to approve the procedure - it was rejected multiple times, sat collecting dust on desks for weeks on end... and to add insult to injury, one of the reasons for rejection was that the insurance claim person thought it sounded like a cosmetic procedure... Sorry lady, I don't think he cared about looking like a freak, as he was busy worrying about his breathing!

I hope this all gets cleared up. And meanwhile PLEASE do not feel bad that you are "neglecting" us APAers. You're here for us when we need you, it is the least we can do to return the favor.

13. Default

I confess If sBIL neglects to do one more thing that his mom tells him to do, and DH and I get yelled at for it I am seriously going to go off..

I am sick and tired of hearing the "sBIL is sMIL's obligation" speech... She is NOT doing him any favors by letting him off the hook because he said "Oh, I didn't know." or "Oh, I forgot"

He's friggin 16! GROW THE EFF UP!

14. Default

another vent - I am sorry..

I confess it is 5 pm. Dinner will be ready in less than an hour, and sBIL is eating his leftovers from his date friday night (steak and potato) which means he won't be eating dinner. If I tried to pull that shizz when I was his age, I would have gotten in HUGE trouble. but no.... not him!

I confess he will eat this now, then be up till 2 am, and will eat a HUGE bowl of cereal (or 2. or 3) before he goes to bed. Leaving NO milk for those of us who eat cereal for breakfast to have any in the morning.

ETA -- Ok.. I just looked over... and he's wearing my socks!?! WTF?! He can't even do his own laundry to where he has clean socks!?!
    Last edited by The10Eels; 07-08-2009 at 04:20 PM.

I just got back from my doctor's appointment. We're starting slow at my request- just high estrogen BCPs for now- but I honestly don't see them helping. I'm already on BC and it's only getting worse. After this I have to go in to GYN where I will get an ultrasound and either get an IUD (which I don't want) or a D&C (which I REALLY don't want). If neither of those work, it's an edometrial ablation or hysterectomy. I'm scared. And frankly, this is such a universal slap in the face to someone who desperately wants more kids. I just want something to go my way.
    Oh, hon. I'm sorry. I hope the least invasive option possible is what ends up working for you.
    Norah! (3 yr)

6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

another vent - I am sorry..

I confess it is 5 pm. Dinner will be ready in less than an hour, and sBIL is eating his leftovers from his date friday night (steak and potato) which means he won't be eating dinner. If I tried to pull that shizz when I was his age, I would have gotten in HUGE trouble. but no.... not him!

I confess he will eat this now, then be up till 2 am, and will eat a HUGE bowl of cereal (or 2. or 3) before he goes to bed. Leaving NO milk for those of us who eat cereal for breakfast to have any in the morning.

ETA -- Ok.. I just looked over... and he's wearing my socks!?! WTF?! He can't even do his own laundry to where he has clean socks!?!
    I confess that I actually chuckled at that because you sound like me when I had to live with my mom and 2 teenage brothers for a while when I moved back to OH. My brothers were EXACTLY like your sBIL and I truly believe that all teenage boys are kind of nutso, especially about wearing women's socks. My bros used to do is ALL the time because they didn't want to wash their own clothes. Only difference between my bros and your sBIL is that they would have eaten the leftovers AND eaten the dinner you cooked AND gotten up at 2am to eat 2-3 bowls of cereal, drinking up all the milk for everyone.

So sorry you have to endure a teenage boy. But excited you will finally have an ultrasound!!!!

Erin

Huge hugs again Lydia. I hope you're feeling better and that this whole mess will soon be just a bad memory.

Oh hun, I hope it doesn't come to anything like that. Maybe I missed it, but do you have an actual diagnosis, or is it still unexplained?

I have a confession that involves the heathen population expanding by one in the near future. I do not have the guts to full-out say anything yet. Shhhhhh

I have a confession that involves the heathen population expanding by one in the near future. I do not have the guts to full-out say anything yet. Shhhhhh

I confess I'm sick AGAIN and ready to just cry in my own little pity-party.

Not even 2 weeks ago I was told I had bronchitis (maybe for the 2nd or 3rd time in my life - it's not often). Doc put me on augmentin (they make a generic now!) and wonderful prescription cough medicine. It allowed me to get some sleep instead of hacking up a lung at night. Even last weekend I was still coughing up gunk during the day. Flutterbudget's DH told me that was normal for bronchitis as it takes a while to get everything up.

Now I'm sick again - probably a cold, but I don't know yet. I couldn't sleep last night and was awake for 3-4 hours. At 1:30 am I finally got up, closed doors so as not to disturb my boys, and cleaned the kitchen. At 3:30 am Liam woke up again. We nursed and I stayed in bed.

I'm just so dam ned tired of being sick. I'm sure lack of sleep is a huge contributing factor, but I don't know that there's anything I can do about that right now.
    Last edited by sunrider; 07-09-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Ooo. I hope you have the guts to make a full out confession soon

That really, really sucks. Have they done any bloodwork to see if they could determine a cause for the bleeding? I get annoyed that doctors seem to just jump into the most commonly used treatments without even trying to find a diagnosis first. Hugs to you. I hope they find something that works for you.

And hugs to Lydia. You are being treated so unfairly. If you continue to have issues with the disability company, try contacting your state's department of insurance. Insurance companies don't mess around with DOI complaints!

26. Default

HOW EXCITING!!!!

Would have put my own hooray smilies but don't know how to get them to show up.

Erin

<---that's the crazy heathen fairy sending you vibes.

Congrats again!!
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

I confess that I wouldn't mind having twin girls and would name one after me so she could be a jr. Hey, why should only men have that privilege?
    Children: Me - 2 (19 & 14); DH - 2 (32 & 30); working on OUR first! Both tubes are confirmed open!!
    Make an ovulation ticker

Quote Originally Posted by queenj919 View Post
    I confess that I wouldn't mind having twin girls and would name one after me so she could be a jr. Hey, why should only men have that privilege?
    I confess that if this LO is a boy, it will be named after DH, and DH was dead serious about naming a girl after me. It was a very sweet thought.