Page 897 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 397 797 847 887895896897898899 907 947 997 1397 ... LastLast
Results 26,881 to 26,910 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I think I'll have to try that Just Dance! Myles, I didn't want to tell you but I gave up on zumba...I wasn't burning enough calories, so I'm back to regular old aerobics for now!

Ugh, I can't wait to be done with these articles.

Multivariate permutation testing (Pesarin, 2001; Yoder, Blackford, Waller, & Kim, 2004) was used to con-trol for experiment-wise error while identifying statis-tically significant bivariate correlates between the parent responsiveness variables and later spoken vocabulary. This method adjusts the alpha (.05 in this case) based on the intercorrelation of predictors with the criterion variable. A simulation study has shown this method to be less conservative than the Bonferroni approach and effective in controlling for experiment-wise error due to multiple significance testing (Yoder et al., 2004).
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I don't think I even understand what you quoted. lol

I'm totally ready for my date and Rich doesn't get home for another 40 minutes. We're not leaving till 6!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

There are dance games and stuff like that for the xbox 360, too. We got Josh Once Upon a Monster which involves a lot of dancing and other movements such as running in place, ducking, jumping, etc. It's really cute. I recommend it if any of you have an xbox 360.

Jeez Mandy, my head hurts just reading that paragraph.

Have a great time, Chrissy!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I don't think I even understand what you quoted. lol

I'm totally ready for my date and Rich doesn't get home for another 40 minutes. We're not leaving till 6!
    I have to admit I don't understand it either. It has to do with statistics and correlation, I know that much!

Just for context, DH is entertaining himself by putting Gwennie in his kitchen aid box and G is panicking. He just said, "Come here, Gwennie, you're getting in a box.". Okay, maybe that's only funny when you've been reading articles like the one above.

Have fun tonight, Chrissy!

Chrissy I hope you have so much fun and put pictures on facebook so I can live vicariously through you! Today is the first time since I had Sawyer 11 months ago that I am feeling an urge to go OUT. I asked dbf what time the babysitter was coming over and the poor chap looked at me like a deer caught in headlights. lol We don't even have a babysitter! I figured he'd know I was kidding.
    Yeesh. I handed Sawyer off to him 5 minutes ago and said I needed a breather and came down here and he is already at the top of the steps asking me what to do because he thinks Sawyer is teething. Dude.
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-30-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Oh goodness Bridget...just 5 minutes?! lol. I know it's annoying, but it is rather funny at the same time. Is he really that helpless, or does he just pretend so he gets out of doing the difficult stuff?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Baby S. has been copying the twins singing "Jingle Bells" at high volume, over and over again, but he's been getting it wrong. He has been shouting "TINGLE BALLS!" repeatedly. It's funny, except in public.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Baby S. has been copying the twins singing "Jingle Bells" at high volume, over and over again, but he's been getting it wrong. He has been shouting "TINGLE BALLS!" repeatedly. It's funny, except in public.
    Hahahahaha! so cute!

Bwahahaha!!!!!

LOL Baby S!

Tingle Balls! I love it.

Tingle balls!!! Too funny!

Mandy that paragraph you quoted made my eyes hurt.

We played Just Dance 2 at a friend's house the day after Christmas. DH even got sweaty. He dances pretty good and wanted to prove he could beat everyone. He is VERY competitive. We don't have a gaming console and I am not ready for all that yet. I told Ky we could get him one for Christmas when he turns 10 but if he says he wants one he is not getting anything else at all. He hasn't decided yet whether he wants one or not because as he says, he can always use some new action figures and yu-gi-oh cards.

So far the turtle is not dead. Ky did ask me if turtles have eyelids because he couldn't see the turtle's eyes. He was worried it was dead. I am not going to pay too much attention to the turtle though and am still kind of upset that my friend got it for him.

Another friend of mine invited us over for her son's birthday party the other day. We had a great time. It was her middle son's birthday who turned 5 and he is just a sweeheart. She told me that she and her DH are hoping to adopt a baby girl. She has 3 sons currently, the youngest is 8 months old. They were supposed to be taking a baby home the day after Christmas but the birth mother decided not to give up the baby at the last minute so they are waiting for another. I am very excited for them. She hopes to adopt while she is still nursing her youngest DS so she can BF the new baby too. I always tell her she is like a super mom IMO. She is the only mom I know who has a totally spotless house. I imagine her scrubbing away on the floors.

Erin

That's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    She is the only mom I know who has a totally spotless house. I imagine her scrubbing away on the floors.

Erin
    People like that amaze me. And I want to be suspicious of them. It just ain't right!

I lurk so much and then don't post because there are a zillion pages and stories and ideas to respond to. You ladies have the most amazing mental energy I have ever encountered.

I had a dream I had a nice long conversation with Myles in coffee shop, and now I think I should go on a babymoon to San Francisco.

"Tingle Balls" reminds me of my niece that used to sing "The Itchy B-itchy Spider" when she was three.

Erin, I love that you don't have video games for Ky. I love even more that he might decide he wants action figures or playing cards instead.

Hope your date goes well Chrissy, your outfit is killer! And nice shoes, meow.

Orientation for teaching is a lot of reading, and then I start class prep next week.
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 12-30-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: had to figure out the best way to say b-i-t-c-h-y without it being edited.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Orientation for teaching is a lot of reading, and then I start class prep next week.
    How long is class prep?

I posted about our date & Midge's restaurant here: http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...post1058526569

I gotta say, Rich might be winning me over. If we have more days like this...

Chrissy, they have a cheese plate--that wins me over!

There is a quote that goes "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life." I wouldn't go that far, but I do think that keeping up with a super-clean house is a losing battle especially when you have children. DH hates the way the house is, but seriously, when I try to clean, I turn around and Josh has made another mess or bunch of clutter. He won't let me throw away anything he has made.

I am up very quietly having a glass of wine after saying goodnight to dbf and agreeing we should go to bed after watching an awful movie that I spent in and out of the room trying to get a blubbery, snot ridden baby to sleep. Oh, and midway through the movie Kai came out of the bedroom coughing and puked an insane amount. I handed S off to dbf to clean up Kai and then picked him up to take him back in the bedroom to find that he'd had a puke marathon in there as well. So I stripped the bed, scrubbed the rug in the living room, tried to rinse the worst of the puke into the laundry sink before washing the bedding, came back up to said snotty baby. He finally fell asleep towards the end of the movie and that's when dbf was asking me if I wanted to go to bed or "hang out" (translation: have sex). I just want to be ALONE already. So I am sneakily still awake right now. Shhhh.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh Bridget, have the entire bottle! What a horrible night. Not only is that kind of evening bad, but it puts me in total dread of more badness yet to come. Ugh!

Crissy, I'm going to go check out your date night, but I bet I'm going to be jealous.

I just read a cool article in Scientific American on why people believe in the paranormal. I was telling dh about it, and he told me that even pigeons were superstitious. He said I should google it. So I did.

How pigeons get to be superstitious. That article is much shorter, and a quick read.

In one particular case, Skinner decided to go random on his hungry pigeons. He dropped food into the box at completely random times, independent of any behavior on the part of the pigeons. But the behavior of the pigeons, he found, didn't stay random. After a few drops of the food, the pigeons began exhibiting certain consistent behavior. One circled counter-clockwise, another spun around in circles; seventy-five percent of them exhibited some kind of odd behavior.

Skinner concluded that the pigeons had come to display 'superstitious behavior'. It was like the superstition of gamblers who believe they have a lucky hat. If the gambler wears the hat, they can't lose. If the pigeons circle the cage counter-clockwise, they will bring on food pellets.
    Fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Chrissy, they have a cheese plate--that wins me over!

There is a quote that goes "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life." I wouldn't go that far, but I do think that keeping up with a super-clean house is a losing battle especially when you have children. DH hates the way the house is, but seriously, when I try to clean, I turn around and Josh has made another mess or bunch of clutter. He won't let me throw away anything he has made.
    There's nothing that makes me feel more like a hamster in a wheel than doing laundry or vacuuming. I like my house clean but don't like 'maintenance cleaning', all the cr*p you have to do daily just to keep everything neat.

I used to say that I loved housework but then I realized that's because I do it so infrequently. Like I let my house get super messy then clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am up very quietly having a glass of wine after saying goodnight to dbf and agreeing we should go to bed after watching an awful movie that I spent in and out of the room trying to get a blubbery, snot ridden baby to sleep. Oh, and midway through the movie Kai came out of the bedroom coughing and puked an insane amount. I handed S off to dbf to clean up Kai and then picked him up to take him back in the bedroom to find that he'd had a puke marathon in there as well. So I stripped the bed, scrubbed the rug in the living room, tried to rinse the worst of the puke into the laundry sink before washing the bedding, came back up to said snotty baby. He finally fell asleep towards the end of the movie and that's when dbf was asking me if I wanted to go to bed or "hang out" (translation: have sex). I just want to be ALONE already. So I am sneakily still awake right now. Shhhh.
    Nothing like cleaning up rivers of puke to put you in mood.

Is Kai sick with a bug?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Nothing like cleaning up rivers of puke to put you in mood.
    The only thing that would put me in the mood about that would be this:

I do not know what is up with Kai. He cannot shake this cough. I think the puking was from coughing. Dr says it's a virus but it's not much improving and it's been weeks! Tomorrow I am attempting to give him a homemade "antibiotic" with honey, garlic, ginger, lemon. Lol, who am I kidding? He'll never eat it!
    I think Sawyer's caught the bug as well

God I could have used those gloves...

I used to like cleaning until I had kids. DH always throws it in my face since I don't do his laundry anymore that when I met him I used to tell him I loved doing laundry. I did at the time but I have figured out that I love doing my laundry and no one else's!

Have 2 or 3 glasses Bridget! Pukey nights are just yuck all around! But LOL at your DBF's code word of "hang out." My DH is very blunt. He will just say the F word. Basically while we are watching a movie "baby, we should go and F" or my favorite "I want to F you." LOL, I always crack up laughing because it is so lewd and DH doesn't curse when the kids are awake but once they go to sleep he pulls out the potty mouth. But I really don't like sex referred to in that way so he currently is using "make love" which I think is just as hilarious and out of character since he is not romantic at all. I frustrate him with my constant giggling at what he says but I can't help it. He tickles me.

And I have told my friend that she must have a hidden housekeeper. She told me though that her secret is not keeping anything. As soon as she gets junk she throws it out. I can keep the actual house clean when I want but I am freaking tired and sometimes don't do my schedule chores, which sets me back and I am one not to do that chore the next day. I will wait for it to roll back around. For instance, I was suppose to mop the floor on Monday. We weren't home so it has not been mopped and won't be until this Monday. I have told her I don't know how she does it. She was my best SAHM friend when I was a SAHM and she used to marvel at the meals I prepared though. She is a great cook in her own right but on weekends I made huge meals and she would make popcorn for Sunday dinner, which I thought was great since she deserves some time not to cook with all the work she does. She also homeschools her 5 year old.

Erin

Ugh housework. Molly, hampster wheel is the best way to decsribe it! I am constantly cleaning and it's never done. I always joke that by the time I get my kitchen clean it's time for another meal to prepare!
    Dbf's other code for wanting to have sex is asking me if I have showered. Ha!

Oh Bridget! Enjoy your wine!

L, that is really fascinating about superstitious pigeons.

It makes sense that throwing stuff out makes a house easier to keep clean. Theoretically, I'd like an 'empty' house but it never works out for me. Bobbie is a packrat. I guess I can be too since I have some toys from my childhood and each of my kid's younger years as well. I'm horrible about making stacks of mail to go through later and then never getting around to it. That's one thing that frustrates me about myself-when I was an administrative assistant, my record keeping was impeccable. I always knew where everything was at all times. Labels, colors, charts, grids...whatever I needed to utilize to keep it all under control, i did it. But at home? I have boxes of "important stuff" and one box marked "extremely important stuff" that is supposed to house our birth certificates, social security cards, and titles to our cars. 1/2 the time the document I'm looking for isn't in there though, and in fact now that I'm thinking about it I suspect Conner's birth certificate is still in the trunk of my car from when I attempted to register him for pre-k this summer (August!).

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Dbf's other code for wanting to have sex is asking me if I have showered. Ha!
    omg

I hate cleaning. Nuff said.

Bridget, what an awful night.

Abbeysmom, jump right in! We've missed you! Sometimes I hesitate because I don't want to change the direction of the thread, but I've learned to ignore that feeling. There's just too much on here not to miss something so I try not to feel bad about it.

L, that's so cool about the pigeons!

DH and I say "spend time together" as our personal euphemism. Or, since we are TTC, we'll say "try" which, when writing out, is rather pathetic.

Sort of on the topic of the pigeons - is anyone here into Joseph Campbell? DH and I watched his Mythos series on Netflix this summer and I'm re-watching them - fascinating. I'd love to share opinions on it.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 12-30-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Hate autocorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    omg
    Double this!! That is equally hilarious!

And I am the same way with the piles of mail Chrissy. My friend says she never has piles of mail. She looks at it immediately and throws away whatever she doesn't need. She also scans important bills and throws them away so doesn't keep the paper at all. She is really good at that but I also contribute it to the fact that her boys are still rather young. Her oldest is only 7. He also is not into things that cause messes. Ky has always been into drawing and he NEVER wants to throw away his little sketches. I used to have to go in his room while he was at school and go through them and throw away the pieces of paper with only one line on them. He now has spiral notebooks. He is not allowed to draw on single sheets except for special projects and even with these new rules he has a ton of paper mess. He also likes tearing paper into little scraps so I have little scraps of paper all over the house, down the stairs, in the hall upstairs, in his bedroom. He draws on the toilet and taking a bath (he has started taking baths again so he can play and draw in the tub, unlike showers ) and there are markers and crayons in the bathroom and hot wheels cars and yu-gi-oh cards because he checks to see how many he has while he is taking a bath. He is just a walking mess of sorts. Her boys just like to holler and wrestle and honestly not having the mess is the main reason why I do encourage Ky to wrestle and play other ways. He is less messy when he is playing outside or wrestling.

I am bad with the mail too though. I am starting to get a little better with it. Especially with sales papers and such. I will throw them out immediately. I even just throw the bills out now. With improtant papers I keep them in folders. DH has 2 folders since he has a lot of papers. It is blue with his name on it. Ky has a blue one as well with his name on it. It has his SS card in it and his birth certificate, immunization records and some cute cards and drawings he gave me when he was 3 and 4 years old that I want to save for him. Elle has a red one, along with me and she has a SS card as well. I have never gotten her birth certificate, which is a shame since I worked a few blocks from vital statistics. I think I will go down there and get it next week actually. I have her immunization records there as well. I initiated this because my mom also had a huge bin with all our stuff but only my stuff got lost. I had to go and get a new SS card when I was 18 and my birth certificate was unreadable, it was printed on some weird paper back in the day so I had to go and get a new one. I didn't want to lose the kids' stuff so I instituted the folder system. They are just regular school folders that I keep under the bed.

Erin