Page 893 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3937938438838918928938948959039439931393 ... LastLast
Results 26,761 to 26,790 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Big hugs

That is a sweet story Chrissy

Christina, I'm so sorry about your brother. Please update us as you hear.

Chrissy, how sweet!

Bridget, I haven't heard of that movie, either. I'll put it on my must not watch list.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Christina, hope your brother recovers soon, and this is just a one time thing.

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. I really hope FIL's procedure works out. DH and his dad don't always get along, both being hard headed type As, but he'd be devastated if something happened to him. And I don't even know what my MIL will do. She is a sweet lady, but very simple, easily taken advantage of, and I don't think she'd be capable of running a house by herself.

On a totally different note, did y'all see this? http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...l_brodkorb.php
    Last edited by Suja; 12-22-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Christina.

2/09 6/09 4/14

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    On a totally different note, did y'all see this? http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...l_brodkorb.php
    That made me

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    That made me
    I'll leave you with a head scratcher: http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/post/...-to-themselves

I'm thinking the people who start pages for their unborn babies plan to have it as sort of a online memory book through the years...not a bad idea if you think about it, but the messages from said unborn child are sort of weird, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm thinking the people who start pages for their unborn babies plan to have it as sort of a online memory book through the years...not a bad idea if you think about it, but the messages from said unborn child are sort of weird, LOL
    Yeah, this. I think it's kinda cute when people talk about their kids, but the whole talking for them does seem a little bit irritating...let them speak for themselves, people! LOL.

I find it kind of disturbing to be speaking for the fetus/young children, essentially having a conversation with oneself. Not to mention, they don't seem to have anything much to contribute besides 'I love you mommy!' These parents need the validation?

Besides, isn't it against the TOU of FB for a "user" to be under the age of 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I'll leave you with a head scratcher: http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/post/...-to-themselves
    Thats just weird

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It isn't a bad idea, but that is what Blogs are for! The idea of making a FB page for an unborn baby is.... odd. Ive never heard of such a thing!

Oy. So more brother drama and I sincerely apologize if this gets kind of lengthy.

They found amphetamines and marijuana (knew that one) in his system. After they came back with the results he finally admitted to mom that he'd taken Xanax and something else that I can't remember the name of. Whatever it was, it was a lethal combo. I have no idea if amphetamines are what the blues are, I'm going to look into it more today. They gave him some sort of seizure medication (Tidol??) and it had him all loopy and they started questioning him and talking about calling the cops since he wouldn't tell them where he got the pills So, he decided to leave the hospital last night against their advice.

I just keep thinking what would've happened if no one had been there to resuscitate him. Would I have lost my brother over some stupid flipping pills???!!! It's just so frustrating, he's only 18

My mom has come to a very hard decision for her, she has to stop helping him. For months she's been his ride back and forth to work. Loosing hours, using up her gas, and staying up til 11 multiple nights a week to make sure he got to and from work. The deal was she was going to help him and he would save up money to get his license back (yeah he's already managed to get those suspended ). Of course he's done nothing of the sort.

She decided its time for an ultimatum. She's finally ready to admit that she can't keep helping him by taking him to work, just to support his drug habit The Ultimatum: Move in with us, LET us help him, GIVE UP control of his money, or nothing. Thats it. It's time for tough love. My brother needs structure. He needs to get away from all his druggie friends. And he needs our help. I just hope my mom is prepared for the very good possiblity that he will say no. This is going to kill her
    Last edited by Smplyme89; 12-23-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Okay, that FB think of parents talking to themselves is pretty weird. I think I am rather weird (in a cool way of course) but not THAT weird!

Christina so sorry for what your family is going through. I hope your brother can get it together and finally break free of drug use.

Erin

I have to admit I did have a FB for my dog (the one that just died), but he was cool and quirky and I rarely responded back to his posts

2/09 6/09 4/14

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    I have to admit I did have a FB for my dog (the one that just died), but he was cool and quirky and I rarely responded back to his posts
    Crazy Lady!!

Hugs Christina. I'm sorry for all you are going through!

I once had a myspace page for Cosmo.

I was supposed to be off work today but I'm here since I called in yesterday. Wednesday night Molly chewed a pothos plant leave and started screaming. I called aspca (they charge $65 for a call but were helpful), they had me give her milk to neutralize the crystals and that helped some. They also told me what to look for but she didn't exhibit any of that. But I was still up all night with her screaming every 15 minutes or so. Yesterday morning we took her to the vet and she looked fine but still screamed when her mouth was touched. Vet said some dogs are hardcore and never show pain and some are like his daughters and are drama queens. Molly is definitely one...we had noticed that before that she is a big baby about any kind of pain. We think she is starting teething so that probably didn't help. Vet gave us 5 days worth of narcotics and that helped a lot yesterday. could tell when it was wearing off last night. I was also concerned that while I could get her to eat, I couldn't get her to drink so vet suggested using a syringe like 6 times a day to get some water in her. That worked and I felt better getting a few teaspoons of water in her.
    But this morning she woke up acting bouncy and normal. Eating and drinking from her dishes and playing with her toys, chewing on her bone.
    Was scary and stressful...for me, DH, her and Cosmo. Poor Cosmo just jumped every scream and ran over to check her out. This morning she was back to barking at Molly when she jumped and pounced Cosmo....Cosmo could definitely tell the baby was feeling better.
    Crazy thing was in all 5, almost 6 weeks we have Molly, she's never been interested in the plants much at all and has not really chewed anything in the house other than the wood leg of my crochet basket or trying to steal socks from the laundry.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm glad Molly is OK Jennifer! That must have been scary

How scary! Glad Molly is okay. When Nero was about 6 months old, he poisoned himself by drinking from a puddle of water that a Colorado River Toad had jumped through. He drooled and drooled for days. The vet said it must have been fairly diluted, because if he'd gotten more of the poison it would have been lethal. That was so terrifying, but he pulled through.

Christina, I'm so sorry about your brother. It does sound like tough love is what he needs. I'm thinking of all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Glad to hear you didn't talk back! Actually I think a dog wouldn't be so bad. I actually do narrate one of our dogs conversations, Mr. Hyde, he is just a really happy dog so I narrate his happiness to DH to the point that I get on DH's nerves. But I don't talk to myself. I talk to DH.

Glad Molly is okay Jennifer! I remember one of our puppies got hooked on a fish hook once when I was a kid. We were home by ourselves, my brother and I and I didn't know what to do so we just cut the fishing wire really short and I finally convinced my brother not to pull the hook out and we waited on my mom to come home. My brother REALLY wanted to pull the hook out. The vet said it was good that we didn't so I was happy I was so determined not to let him.

Erin

Christina, that's just awful for your whole family. People with drug or alcohol problems rarely realize the impact their choices have on the rest of their family. It really is a ripple effect that touches everyone. I hope things work out.

Jennifer, I saw your post and responded on FB, but wanted to say again that I'm so glad she came out ok. I can't imagine how awful that was for you. And her!

I had a great day today even though it was full of shopping. I hate shopping, but try to have a sense of humor about it. I mentally call myself the Grinch because I just feel so crotchety while in the mall and everyone else is having fun. I know I must look like the world's biggest witch marching down the hall...but it's worth it. And today I had the added bonus of knocking over a rack of coats in Sears. In my defense, the rack was really rickety and I barely brushed it when it toppled over.

Shortly after Rich got home he made a comment about 'some jackass' that scratched a cd in my car. 'Some jackass' would be me, my brother, or one of the kids and that just set me right off and ruined my entire day. In fact, I'm in such a bad mood over it I don't even give a rip about Christmas. I just want to go to bed (it's 6:00 p.m.) and forget I live here in this house with him. How did I think waiting till January to move out would solve anything? When I lit into him about it, he said he didn't mean for it to be demeaning. What, like it's complimentary to call someone a jackass? Ugh. Resentment=trebled.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Ugh. So sorry, Chrissy.

My mother and I went to see the Nutcracker today. My mom loves to see it and my friend's daughter was dancing in it, so we went. I realized just as the curtain was coming up that I had left my iPhone in the car and spent the whole first act worrying that someone would break into my mom's car and steal my iPhone. Went rushing out to her car during intermission to find my phone, no problem, but rushing out there put strain on my knee so it started hurting again. After the show (which was very good for a local production) we decided to go get a Christmas gift. Mom was driving and she is having issues with night vision due to her cataracts. It was heading toward twilight and she started to turn on the wrong side of a median - I had to shout at her and she just barely got over with the left half of the car going up and over the median. She was shaken and terrified and determined not to drive again near dark until after she got her eye doctor to agree to surgery. We went shopping, I drove home and DH and I had plans to decorate the tree. He asked me to go outside to look at the wreath he had hung on the door. It was dark out, but I went out to look. On the way back in, I skipped the bottom step of stairs and fell on the concrete driveway, hurting myself in three places. I don't think I broke or sprained anything, though. Luckily I was holding onto the gate as I fell so it could have been far worse than I was.

Not a good day, overall.

I'm so sorry about your bad day Mandy. I'm hoping today is going better. What happened with your mother is truly very scary. I'm glad you were with her. How's your knee today? I hope your additional fall later didn't cause any damage.

Both Rich & I slept in till after 9:00 a.m. It's not really remarkable for me because I'll sleep in any chance I get...but for Rich to sleep in that late, I'd almost think he was sick. I can't remember the last time he stayed in bed past 7, even on a weekend.

Sweet Syd is making me eggs

I hope everyone has a great day! Merry Christmas!

Speaking of sleeping in, DH let me sleep in yesterday and I didn't wake up until 11! It was so quiet downstairs I thought they had gone out.

That's great Kate!!

I really don't mean to be a debbie-downer all the time, but man it always seems like it's something. I wasn't planning on a super huge Christmas dinner this year at all. Just having my mom & brother over and that's it. Last night Bobbie told me, "I invited Bob to Christmas dinner." Excuse me? (Bob is the 50-some year old photographer she's been spending a lot of time with). She didn't even ask me if she could invite anyone and she doesn't understand why I was peeved about it. Again, she's turned it into this thing where we don't want her living with us and she can't do anything right.

I really don't want any extra guests, but I can't ask her to un-invite him. I really feel put on the spot and angry about it. I did tell her to never do that again. I can't believe she thought it would be ok.

Oh, wow, the drama continues. That's a really awkward position she just put you in. I'm sorry and hope it goes as well as it can.

I'm shaken and sore - I'll probably take a bunch of ibuprofen but first I have to go shopping for stocking stuffers.

My mother mentioned yesterday when we were at the ballet that she would really like an ipod. I have an old one that I don't use now that I have iTunes on my phone and my iPad - there is no need for my plain old nano. Would it be really tacky of me to give her my old one as a Christmas gift? DH says I should give it to her, but not as a Christmas gift.

I think it depends on the person Mandy. I'd give it to my mom and I know she'd love it, but she's not picky if you kwim. You know your mom best. If you think she'd love it even though it's used, then go ahead and give it to her. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing that. If it were me, I wouldn't mind getting a used electronic if it were something I coveted. I know some people are weird about it though.

Do you plan to take all your stuff off it before you give it to her? It might be nice if you put some things on there she would like. It would be less like a "used" gift that way and more personal.

DH just took off in a huff because Josh didn't want to go out and we need more wrapping paper. So I just offered to stay home with Josh and DH got all mad saying he just wanted to do something as a family, and gave us a very sarcastic "Merry Christmas" on the way out.

Dude, sorry I ruined your Christmas because I didn't feel like dragging a resistant 5 year old to Target on Christmas eve day.

Ugh, that sounds like it would have been miserable. Sorry DH didn't "get it."

I'm not sure about putting music on it - she said specifically she wanted to put the music she had in her iPad on it, and if I had stuff on already she'd have to take it off. Plus, she mostly listens to symphonies and that's the last thing I want on an ipod so I don't have that kind of stuff. I'd probably give it to her empty.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 12-24-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Bummer Kate. We've had moments like that too through the years. Rich got better about it, so there's hope your dh will loosen up too.

He has gotten better about Christmas over the years. There may be hope.

Merry Christmas Eve, y'all! The kids are in bed and I just ate half the mini mince pie that Travis left out for Santa...it was nice..mmm...Travis said before he went to bed, "Do you think Santa will save me a bite?" I told him I was sure he would. The presents are now under the tree and I can't wait for tomorrow!