Page 88 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990981381885881088 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

I confess we lost the tv remote... We all remember seeing it somewhere different, yet its in none of those places

2. Default

I confess I am kind of surprised to log on this morning and find no new threads about Sarah Palin's resignation...

ETA - and I, for one, am not going to start one, because I know exactly where it will go...

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    What's going on, Lydia?

I confess that I hung out with a mommy friend and her baby daughter yesterday. At one point, Mia was fussing over something, and my friend got up in Mia's face and mocked/imitated her crying in this really over the top manner. I was so shocked that I didn't say anything, but thinking about it now, I wish I had. Who the hell does that??
    My DH did that once, to a 4 year old who kept screaming... he just started acting just like him and screaming right back. It worked but I was soooooo pissed off at him. He knows better now.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I am kind of surprised to log on this morning and find no new threads about Sarah Palin's resignation...

ETA - and I, for one, am not going to start one, because I know exactly where it will go...
    Dude, me to! I have a republican friend who her to pieces (yea... I don't get it) and when I said that she really needs a better PR person or adviser he totally didn't accept that I was talking about how quitting in the middle of your job never looks good for future endeavors. I keep thinking something huge is going to come out about her because I don't get it otherwise.

I confess we lost the tv remote... We all remember seeing it somewhere different, yet its in none of those places
    Have you checked inside the couch? That's where mine ends up, often all the way in the back part where the wood frame is.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Dude, me to! I have a republican friend who her to pieces (yea... I don't get it) and when I said that she really needs a better PR person or adviser he totally didn't accept that I was talking about how quitting in the middle of your job never looks good for future endeavors. I keep thinking something huge is going to come out about her because I don't get it otherwise.
    Yeah... There are alot of different opinions on what's going on... I'm interested to hear a reason -- If they even give one.

I wonder if all of the attacks on her family finally got to her... Alaska's a whole different world than the lower 48, and there's definitely not the same scale of media interest up there....

I know I personally couldn't handle people constantly criticizing my family/kids... But then again, that's just one reason of many that I would never go into politics...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    Have you checked inside the couch? That's where mine ends up, often all the way in the back part where the wood frame is.
    Yup... We took ALL the cushions off the couch and the chair. moved all the furniture. Looked in Audrianna's toys... we're just at a loss.... We don't need it to change channels etc, just volume.. but its still perplexing as to where it went!

I know I was going to post something up but thought better of it.

I mighht later if I grow some cajones.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

8. Default

LOL.. Alisha...

willOwispy -- I sacrificed my hand to the couch monster, and pushed my hand as far back into the frame of the couch as I could, and found the remote!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Totally. I gave a big "woohoo!" when I read about it. Apparently she was acting really weird and all over the place while she was giving her speech.

10. Default

Yeah... I heard it was quite rambled.

I've heard theories that she is quitting
    - to get a jump start on a presidential campaign.. (doesn't sound smart to me.. )
    - to promote her book, for which she got a multi-million dollar deal
    - to try out for SNL
    - to persue acting.

lol.. People's theories are as all over the place as her speech is said to have been.

shutterbird Guest

I watched her speech last night and rolled my eyes the entire time. She really resigned for the better of Alaska - because she didn't want to cost the state any more resources or $$ to fix the rumours about her? Riiiiiiight.

willOwispy -- I sacrificed my hand to the couch monster, and pushed my hand as far back into the frame of the couch as I could, and found the remote!
    YAY! Yea, in the back by the wood frame is where mine ended up too. So glad it's back so you can resume viewing at normal volumes

13. Default

I confess ewwwwwwwwwww
    cranberry juice + cool ranch doritos = VOMIT flavor... EWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I confess ewwwwwwwwwww
    I totally know what you mean

15. Default

I confess.. My MIL is awesome...

We had wanted to go out last night, and didn't even have to ask her to watch Audri. Before we could ask her, she asked us if they could keep her last night. They'd been so busy lately, and missed her.

Then I get a text this am, from SIL saying "Mom says she wants to keep Audri for another night."

I talked to DH about it and we decided that would be great. Esp. since I have an OB appointment tomorrow. Now we don't have to worry about taking her to the appointment with us, AND I get a good full night's sleep before my appointment!

I confess I won't be on as much because I killed the motherboard on my computer...ugh.

17. Default

alisha, that sucks! How'd that happen!?

You know you can always text me if you have something you want shared, and can't get online!

alisha, that sucks! How'd that happen!?

You know you can always text me if you have something you want shared, and can't get online!

I abused my computer too much. I am literally on it 24/7 doing stuff. Poor thing took too much from me
    I would love to show the 4th of July pics but that might take too much

I confess that I think I forgot to put sunscreen on the trio's faces. I know for a fact I did their entire bodies, and mine, but they all have little sun-kissed faces right now and I'm blanking on putting on the sunscreen. 2+ hours at the pool....and the possibility of no facial sunscreen.

I confess I'm really curious what would have happened had Palin tried to resign as Vice President 6 months into the job... Or President for that matter had McCain kicked the bucket. Nice.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I confess I'm really curious what would have happened had Palin tried to resign as Vice President 6 months into the job... Or President for that matter had McCain kicked the bucket. Nice.

I confess Problem SOLVED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post

Good point.

I confess I have a serious APA addiction. It's BAD.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

I confess that guy I mentioned who added me to facebook a few days ago still hasn't said anything and hasn't added anything to his page. Like what's the point? We haven't talked in years, he adds me and doesn't even bother to say anything? Augh!

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    I confess that guy I mentioned who added me to facebook a few days ago still hasn't said anything and hasn't added anything to his page. Like what's the point? We haven't talked in years, he adds me and doesn't even bother to say anything? Augh!
    Maybe he just like collecting friends? I know people like that.

I confess that I miscalculated when our big party/fight night was, and I thought I had 2 more weeks to get this house in order. I have until Friday. Gaaaah.

I confess that's true! I confess I have *ahem* Thought about*ahem* said dude during intimate moments.....

OH! and I confess DH's interview went GREAT!

It was for a company that is just getting started. The owner said that he has to find 3 more drivers in order to get the buses insured, but once they are insured the company will be up and running and DH can start working!!!
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Congrats! I hope it doesn't take too long to hire other drivers and get things going.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Thank you. I'm hoping, no, counting on this! I'm a huge ball of stress right now. Not good for anybody. My original goal for being done was the end of august, but I don't think that is realistic. So I'm shooting for October 1st. My birthday is the 3rd - it would be amazing to get it done by then. (pleasepleaseplease)
    Maggie
    I can say I ALMOST have a Master's degree in Biology. I was overwhelmed at the responses to a draft of my thesis (I was about a third of the way through it), put it in a box, and haven't touched it since. Anyone who finishes one of those gets big kudos from me cause I just couldn't do it. In hindsight, I probably never should have gone to grad school. The thesis and defending it terrified me from the start, and I just ended up avoiding it by quitting. My mother was so disappointed in me - I had finished my coarsework and my written comps.

I'll keep my fingers crossed you're done by your birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I am normally a calm, rational, patient person, but things are conspiring against me.
    Lydia Anything you want to vent about?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I confess I am pleased to share my insurance has been reinstated . . . they want to put us on AutoPay because of the bank issue, but I'm OK with that. I guess my persistence/yelling has paid off. LOL.
    Hooray! That's got to be a huge relief!

Huh . . . We never watch news, so this is new to me. Can't say I'll miss her.

I confess ewwwwwwwwwww
    I wonder if that's the combination they get to make the vomit flavor Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean . . . .
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess . . . .
    . . . we were out of town and this is the first I've been on a computer since leaving work Thursday afternoon.
    . . . Liam did GREAT with fireworks on Saturday.
    . . . that in the last 3 days, Liam started walking, learned how to wave for the first time, and said his first word
    . . . his first word was Dada.
    . . . that last night was a crappy night with him waking up about every hour. I'm pretty sure it was a combo of teething and developmental leap processing.
    . . . that Tredhed and I seem to be in the midst of an argument and haven't talked since he went back to his office, leaving me crying in mine.
    . . . Monday's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess . . . .
    . . . we were out of town and this is the first I've been on a computer since leaving work Thursday afternoon.
    . . . that in the last 3 days, Liam started walking, learned how to wave for the first time, and said his first word
    . . . that last night was a crappy night with him waking up about every hour. I'm pretty sure it was a combo of teething and developmental leap processing.
    . . . that Tredhed and I seem to be in the midst of an argument and haven't talked since he went back to his office, leaving me crying in mine.
    . . . Monday's suck.

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess Problem SOLVED!!!
    YAY!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Congrats! I hope it doesn't take too long to hire other drivers and get things going.
    Me too... It really bothers me that when we told FIL last night he couldn't be happy for DH..

He said "When do you start?" and DH explained that it could be up to 2 weeks, and FIL says "2 WEEKS?! I sure as hell hope you start sooner than that!"

Well... so do we, but WE can't do anything to speed up the process!.

I wonder if that's the combination they get to make the vomit flavor Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean . . . .
    hmm.. I dunno.. I've not had the balls to try them.. I am scared they will actually taste like the nasty things they are supposed to.....
    I confess . . . .
    . . . Monday's suck.
    awwww hun!!!

I confess MIL has had Audrianna since saturday afternoon, and I have felt completely lost as to what to do..

I confess I see the doctor - the ACTUAL doctor - in an hour and a half!! and I am getting nervous!

I confess we broke down and applied for food stamps until DH starts working. We have the interview tomorrow, and I am REALLY nervous about it. Asking for help is one thing I really don't like doing, and it hurts my pride, but I've gotta do what I've gotta do to take care of my family... right?

hmm.. I dunno.. I've not had the balls to try them.. I am scared they will actually taste like the nasty things they are supposed to.....

I confess I see the doctor - the ACTUAL doctor - in an hour and a half!! and I am getting nervous!

I confess we broke down and applied for food stamps until DH starts working. We have the interview tomorrow, and I am REALLY nervous about it. Asking for help is one thing I really don't like doing, and it hurts my pride, but I've gotta do what I've gotta do to take care of my family... right?
    I did not eat the vomit flavor bean - it was enough to break it open and smell it - that told me it was accurate enough for me. Ditto on ear wax. And although pepper doesn't have the grossness factor, it smells very strong and I didn't gamble on actually putting it in my mouth.
    Grass has a surprisingly nice flavor, though.

OOH - does that mean you get an u/s today and might know the sex of the baby? COOL!

Yup - you gotta do what you gotta do. And besides, think of how nice it would be to shop for your own groceries so you don't have to survive on Cheerios for 3 days.