Page 87 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889971371875871087 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Aw, I'm glad you're talking normally again. Although I confess I'm not sure what happened between you two.

2. Default

It was a whole "confession" type chat between the two of us where we basically confessed to each other that before DH and I got married said dude and I were head over heels for each other, but neither of us had the balls to tell the other, or do anything about it.

I confess I have had a good 2, almost 3 months to think about the whole situation, and had something happened between the two of us I don't think we would have lasted. We are better off as friends... Plus I wouldn't have Audrianna, or baby #2...

That is true! I'm glad you're at peace with it! I however, am always looking to stir things up. I really don't think any thing would come of this guy and me, but it's fun to think about. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of sMIL! OMFG!
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1056347006
    her
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    That is true! I'm glad you're at peace with it! I however, am always looking to stir things up. I really don't think any thing would come of this guy and me, but it's fun to think about. LOL
    I confess that's true! I confess I have *ahem* Thought about*ahem* said dude during intimate moments.....

OH! and I confess DH's interview went GREAT!

It was for a company that is just getting started. The owner said that he has to find 3 more drivers in order to get the buses insured, but once they are insured the company will be up and running and DH can start working!!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    her
    THANK YOU!

I confess I was kind of upset when I texted my BFF just to blow off some steam about it and she writes back "I don't know what you expect people to say. They let you live there for free."

Is is too much to ask a BFF to just say "Sorry, that sucks" if she doesn't agree instead of adding to my frustration!?

I confess that's true! I confess I have *ahem* Thought about*ahem* said dude during intimate moments.....

It was for a company that is just getting started. The owner said that he has to find 3 more drivers in order to get the buses insured, but once they are insured the company will be up and running and DH can start working!!!
    Awesome! And LOL over the thinking about him during intimate moments...I would NEVER do that...*cough*

YAY!!! Congrats to DH!

I confess that MIL can drive us nuts sometimes. She called 2 x since DH's birthday to ask what he bought with the JCPenny gift card (his bday was just June 20). We are like, "we told you we didnt go yet!" geez.

How about..."Do what works for you" parenting

Thanks for the advice on what to do about my friend. We have a history. We were bff's back in 2004/2005, then I dropped her like a hot potato after an incident in my home when she flipped out on another child that was here after that child pushed her 1yo son down a small little tikes slide. It's taken us this long to try to rebuild our friendship. I know her personality, she's brazen, sarcastic, etc...I think what I'm going to do is just ignore her. Months go by between the times we see each other, she's going on vacation next week, and then I return to work the following week, so the odds of me seeing her again are pretty slim. She returns to work in mid-August (she's a college professor) so really our chances of getting together are going to be slim to none.

I confess...sigh. sigh. sigh. Life, boards, work (thesis &*(%$&*(W&), DH, friends, everything. I'm very sensitive right now, probably about to see AF, I'm tired and down and just have no patience. I'm grumpy and sad, and I really want to take a 'personal day' to relax and be nice to myself...but I just don't have time.

Whoa, what a pity party. Sorry kids. I'm going to buck up now.
    Norah! (3 yr)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I confess...sigh. sigh. sigh. Life, boards, work (thesis &*(%$&*(W&), DH, friends, everything. I'm very sensitive right now, probably about to see AF, I'm tired and down and just have no patience. I'm grumpy and sad, and I really want to take a 'personal day' to relax and be nice to myself...but I just don't have time.

Poor Maggie. How long do you have for your thesis? It took dh SO long to get done with his, and every time we thought it was done his professor would send it back, only having read the beginning and telling him to change everything, and sometimes telling him to change it to something he'd already had before he'd changed it the last time. Very frustrating. His whole experience left a really bad taste in his mouth.

I hope things get better for you. I can tell you once the thesis got done, dh's life dramatically improved. It is just so nice not to have that huge thing looming over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I hope things get better for you. I can tell you once the thesis got done, dh's life dramatically improved. It is just so nice not to have that huge thing looming over your head.
    Thank you. I'm hoping, no, counting on this! I'm a huge ball of stress right now. Not good for anybody. My original goal for being done was the end of august, but I don't think that is realistic. So I'm shooting for October 1st. My birthday is the 3rd - it would be amazing to get it done by then. (pleasepleaseplease)
    Norah! (3 yr)

Big hugs Maggie!! I hope the next few months fly by for you!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Thank you. I'm hoping, no, counting on this! I'm a huge ball of stress right now. Not good for anybody. My original goal for being done was the end of august, but I don't think that is realistic. So I'm shooting for October 1st. My birthday is the 3rd - it would be amazing to get it done by then. (pleasepleaseplease)

Oh, that's just around the corner!!!! I know it doesn't sound like it, but I was really hoping you weren't going to say next summer or something. You are almost there. I hope you get it done by your birthday, too. What a fabulous birthday present that would be.

16. Default

I confess I turned the tv on in the bedroom last night to fall asleep with some noise going.
    I confess Paralyzed and Pregnant was on... I was just about to fall asleep when they said that they were having a scheduled induction.

I confess I stayed up until 2am, because I was curious to see a paraplegic have a vaginal delivery.

I confess that when she did it, a little part of me was quite jealous.

Aw Maggie. You'll finish and what a marvelous finish it will be!

Maggie, I was telling my dh about your thesis and your tough day this morning, and he added that getting it done was really anticlimactic. He said "It's like vomiting after you've been sick for a really long time. It makes you feel better, and it's a relief, but it doesn't really feel all that great and you just want to forget the whole thing once it's over."

I think he might be particularly bitter, though. His whole process took three years longer than he anticipated, partly because he designed and set up a new mass spectrometry lab from the ground up for the university which took more than a year out of his project and issues with his professor and his final paper and his thesis.

I am normally a calm, rational, patient person, but things are conspiring against me.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 07-03-2009 at 02:25 PM.

I confess that I was a bad, bad, irresponsible wife last night! It started off with me giving a female coworker a ride home, then we were having a couple beers at her house. Well a couple turned into two 12 packs and two bottles of Peppermint Schnapps.

I confess that her husband, her husbands friend and I then went to a club downtown and I didn't get home until 3am. DH is slightly upset about it and I confess that I don't blame him one, little, bit. He's still acting really cool about it though and just worried about me and the fact that I can't seem to control myself or the money I spend when I drink. I ended up spending 80 dollars last night and by not controlling myself I mean if I drink one...it turns into 80 dollars.

I confess that I'm glad he isn't full-blown pissed off about it. It really makes me evaluate myself though since I know if the shoe was on the other foot, I would be furious. How could I do something that I know would hurt him and that I know I would hate if he did it? Ugh. What a loser lol
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I am normally a calm, rational, patient person, but things are conspiring against me.
    I hate when that happens.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Hugs to both of you. Maggie, I can only imagine what you're going through - I never ended up continuing with my undergrad degree (math) but I had plenty of friends who did so I know the drill well. You can do it!!! I wish I could help.

Lydia, just hugs.

Theses. . .ahhhhh. I confess I'm terrified to write one. I don't know how I'm going to do it (this is Master's thesis). I am thinking of copping out and just doing a research project instead. I hope you're able to get done sooner rather than later.

I hate that.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

I confess I am finally eating and listening to baby Einstein that is lulling Evie to sleep.

I confess I am pleased to share my insurance has been reinstated . . . they want to put us on AutoPay because of the bank issue, but I'm OK with that. I guess my persistence/yelling has paid off. LOL.

I confess I am happy we have insurance. I went to the Dr. today thinking I had a UTI. No UTI (yay), but she thinks I have a hernia (which is causing my weird stomach pain that had me up in the middle of the night. . . ).

I confess I feel like a hypochondriac.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

I confess I am an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I confess I am pleased to share my insurance has been reinstated . . . they want to put us on AutoPay because of the bank issue, but I'm OK with that. I guess my persistence/yelling has paid off. LOL.

I confess I am happy we have insurance. I went to the Dr. today thinking I had a UTI. No UTI (yay), but she thinks I have a hernia (which is causing my weird stomach pain that had me up in the middle of the night. . . ).

I confess I feel like a hypochondriac.
    Yes!!! That rocks and I'm so happy! And no, you're not a hypochondriac, you just misdiagnosed your problem! I have plenty of phantom UTIs, but even more real ones

Quote Originally Posted by *Nat* View Post
    I confess I am an idiot.
    Awwwww why? Hugs hun.

I'm sorry things are going so rough. I've got a shoulder if you need one. Big hugs.

What's going on, Lydia?

I confess that I hung out with a mommy friend and her baby daughter yesterday. At one point, Mia was fussing over something, and my friend got up in Mia's face and mocked/imitated her crying in this really over the top manner. I was so shocked that I didn't say anything, but thinking about it now, I wish I had. Who the hell does that??