Page 864 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3647648148548628638648658668749149641364 ... LastLast
Results 25,891 to 25,920 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh yikes L! Why is your dh in a bad mood? I hope tomorrow finds everyone in better spirits.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I hope tomorrow is a better day, too.

Kate, looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Suja, I don't know anything about the New Kids on the Block either, but I do know if Kate mentions a guy's name, it probably has to do with them. And I have to admire someone being that passionate.

See, I actually was a NK fan back in the days, but didn't know that Kate was a diehard.

So, DH goes on and about how the kid is heathier now that she is not in daycare, and how she was getting sick because they weren't following proper hygiene. Well, guess who just puked from coughing, and is sounding like a pint sized Harley? I just want her to be totally okay by the time our trip rolls around, but at this rate, would probably have to stick her in a bubble to get there.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

How soon are you leaving, Suja? I think this is a tough time of year to try to guarantee total health. Baby S. has been essentially recovered from his illness for more than a week, and he is still puking at least once a day or every other day from coughing. Dh has been rolling his eyes and talking about 'baby bulimia.'

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I hope tomorrow is a better day, too.

Kate, looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Suja, I don't know anything about the New Kids on the Block either, but I do know if Kate mentions a guy's name, it probably has to do with them. And I have to admire someone being that passionate.

Hahaha, this is true! I mostly talk about Joey, he's been my favorite since I first knew of them in 1990.

So, we drove to the T station a ways from home and took it to Boston (credit to DH for that idea, for some reason I completely forgot that was an option and I was just going to drive in, what a nightmare that is since my GPS loses its mind in Boston!)

We were early so we walked down to Macy's and it was only a couple blocks from the T which was awesome. It was a beautiful day and we hardly needed our jackets. Josh got a balloon animal and his face painted in Macy's. Then we went to the concert area and got our spot pretty much as close as we could have been to the stage, with just the VIP area in front of us. That's when Josh got bored, his balloon animal popped and I thought the night was a bust.

Joey came out for his sound check and that made Josh happy for a bit, he held up our sign but Joey didn't really look our way. Then we had to wait over an hour for the actual show to start, and we didn't want to go walk around because we'd lose our spot and not be able to see a thing when we got back. So he played on the ipod a bit, we danced to the recorded music and finally it started.

Boston's mayor Menino, Patriots player Tedy Bruschi, a Boston Bruin and some other local hotshots were there. Joey came out and did a couple songs and it was awesome but Josh was kind of not into it and kept asking to go . When we thought Joey was done we took off and on the way out we saw the tree lighting and Santa on stage. Confetti was falling from the sky and Josh was running around picking it up. He kept going on about how much fun he had so I think he really did have a good time. Here's my favorite pic from the night.

He is so skinny! I remember him plumper but that was a loooong time ago. He was always my favorite too. It sounds like Josh had fun and actually did really well for all that waiting. I hate getting balloons of any sort when I Am out with my kids. Something tragic always happen.

Yeah he was always a little more filled out until recently! I love him skinny though, he's not TOO skinny (and I have shirtless pics to prove it ;))

I'm glad Josh had a good time

I have to tell you guys a really beautiful thing Josh said the other day. I can't believe the things that come out of this kid's mouth sometimes.

We were talking about A Christmas Carol (he loves the Disney and Muppet versions) and he says "You know why Scrooge doesn't like Christmas? Because he doesn't love anybody. So I figured out that Christmas is love." Oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I have to tell you guys a really beautiful thing Josh said the other day. I can't believe the things that come out of this kid's mouth sometimes.

We were talking about A Christmas Carol (he loves the Disney and Muppet versions) and he says "You know why Scrooge doesn't like Christmas? Because he doesn't love anybody. So I figured out that Christmas is love." Oh my.
    That is so sweet!

Sounds like all things considered, you had a good day.

I tested this morning, BFN. I'm 5 days late. WTF?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yeah Mandy, I was really surprised that he went on and on about what a good day he had, because between the shots at the dr. and being bored in Boston I didn't think he had much fun. But I guess the train ride and seeing Joey and getting the balloon and face paint balanced it out.

I'm sorry about the BFN Hope you get some answers soon.

He's right! That's what Christmas is all about Smart boy! As for him remembering yesterday as a good time, I think kids are better at overlooking the little hiccops in a day and focusing on the good instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    That is so sweet!

Sounds like all things considered, you had a good day.

I tested this morning, BFN. I'm 5 days late. WTF?
    I wish I could help. I have heard of people having negative tests for 10 days, even though they were pregnant.

Is af generally regular for you?

My new sig pic is an okay size, right? It looks big to me.

It's perfect and he's a cutie-pie!

Thanks That was Thanksgiving, he was being silly with the balloons from his birthday (he won't let us pop balloons so we let them hang around as long as we can)

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I wish I could help. I have heard of people having negative tests for 10 days, even though they were pregnant.

Is af generally regular for you?
    Not clockwork regular, but usually between 28-32 days. I can generally plan on 30 days and be right.

Thanks That was Thanksgiving, he was being silly with the balloons from his birthday (he won't let us pop balloons so we let them hang around as long as we can)
    A boy after my own heart! Not only did I not like popping them, but I didn't like releasing them either. I remember in elementary school they always did this thing where all the kids would release balloons with notes attached to them. The notes would ask whomever found them to contact the school and tell us where they found them. I always opted to not participate because I couldn't bare to let my balloon go. As a 'punishment' I didn't get to have a balloon either It made me sad, but I still didn't want to release one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Not clockwork regular, but usually between 28-32 days. I can generally plan on 30 days and be right.
    Do you have any indication that AF is going to start? I can only imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this must be.

Love the new picture of Josh, Kate! He looks so grown!

Thanks Bridget!
    That's so sad about the balloon release Chrissy!

I love the new picture, too, Kate. He looks so much more grown up.

I don't like balloon releases, either.

How are things today, Gwenn? I never got a bfp on time, except for once. My other ones were after I expected AF. If you ovulated late in the cycle, which I think you mentioned, then I would expect either AF or a bfp to be later than usual too. I'm still holding out hope for you!

I realized the picture I had of him before was almost a year old!

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I love the new picture, too, Kate. He looks so much more grown up.

I don't like balloon releases, either.

How are things today, Gwenn? I never got a bfp on time, except for once. My other ones were after I expected AF. If you ovulated late in the cycle, which I think you mentioned, then I would expect either AF or a bfp to be later than usual too. I'm still holding out hope for you!
    Still no AF. I felt a little nauseous last night, but I swear I don't trust anything at this point. I'm sure any symptoms are psychological. I refuse to test again until at least Tuesday, maybe later. I'll keep you all posted.

Unrelated, but DH brought me my thyroid pill in bed this am so I didn't have to wait two hours before eating after I get up. He also brought my folic acid, so I had to take three pills. The cat watched all this with great interest - we have to force feed her her medicine for her skin condition every night from a syringe, and it comes in a prescription bottle just like mine. I swear she thought DH was forcing me to take the meds just like he does with her. After that she cuddled and when I didn't pet her enough,, tapped my hand with her paw. I think she's bonded with me over this med thing.

I love the picture too, Kate.

Gwenn!

That's what is so great about cats-I do think they are compassionate about stuff like that. At least now you know she'll always be on your side in any disagreements you might have with your dh lol

My Callie is 16 years old. She laid on my stomach for the whole 3 days I was having contractions 5 weeks early with Sydney. She was never a 'lap cat' by any means, but she didn't leave my side throughout that whole ordeal. I'll never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That's what is so great about cats-I do think they are compassionate about stuff like that. At least now you know she'll always be on your side in any disagreements you might have with your dh lol

My Callie is 16 years old. She laid on my stomach for the whole 3 days I was having contractions 5 weeks early with Sydney. She was never a 'lap cat' by any means, but she didn't leave my side throughout that whole ordeal. I'll never forget that.
    LOL!

My sister was on bed rest early in her first pregnancy, and the cats laid on her stomach the whole time. They do know.

Hey girls; I feel like I've lurked a lot lately and not posted because I've been so busy and just drained of energy lately. But I just wanted to check in with y'all and say I will post more if I get a chance this week.

Kate, Josh is an adorable little boy! I love the new siggy pic!

Just checking in! I am in New Orleans with my dh for a couple of days. Eating great food, etc. fingers crossed, mandy

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Ash I hope everything is ok

Hope you're having a fabulous time Katy!

We hung our outdoor lights up today. A little early in the year for us but Rich is still trying to earn brownie points and we wanted to take advantage of the glorious weather. I cannot believe I was stringing lights outside in just a t-shirt and jeans.

Hi Ash! Miss you!
    I'm jealous Katy!
    Too funny about your cat Mandy. Cats seem to be very intuitive.

Mandy, so hopeful for you!

It's been a very draining day. Savana has been a yo yo all day. She goes from talking about school as if she's excited, (ie, "I am going to wear this shirt to school tomorrow") to all out wailing and sobbing that she hates it and that she doesn't feel right being away from me so long. Begging me let her stay home. I hate this. Really, really hate it. My instincts want to just tell her she can stay home and she gave it a shot and it didn't work out. But logically I know that she hasn't really given it a shot. And that overcoming this fear could be really important for her.
    I sit here now listening to her intermittent wailing and telling her calmly and kindly that if she needs to cry loud I have to shut her door. If I go in and talk to her everything just escalates to an emotional train wreck. The thing that seems to end these moments is me remaining as emotionless (is that a word?) as possible which goes against every fiber of my being.